AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Old 2010-01-17, 01:50   Link #1
Jze0
Hmmm...

Kagerou Meikyuu (Amnesia Labyrinth)

Artist: Natsumi Kohane
Author: Tanigawa Nagaru
Gerne: Mystery, Psychological, Romance, School Life, Seinen

Summary:
Quote:
Kushiki Souji returns home after being away since his middle school graduation, returning to be the family successor when his older brother Kazushi disappears. Upon his return, his three sisters Harumi, Youko and Saki (two being blood related and other being a step-sister) eagerly await his arrival. The sisters each odd and unique in their own way, have a very questionable and mysterious aura about them. They’re relationship with there brother is very close.

In school the next day Souji is introduced and greeted to his new classmates. He then notices an empty sit with flowers on the desk, hes told its for a student that died over the summer. At the end of homeroom the teacher asks for any volunteers to show Souji around, Sasai Yukako a cheerful and spunky girl volumteers to take the job. The reason she decides to take the job is because she knows of Souji’s family influence and of his academic and athletic abilities and she wants to ask him for his help is her case. The case being about the murder of three students that happen during the summer, one being the student with the flowers on his desk. This is a story about murder and twisted love.
I couldn't believe this was written by the same author of the Haruhi series but I started reading this a little while ago and I think its very interesting. The three sister (or at least Youko) are very suspicious and I believe they have some connection to the murders. Yukako, the main heroine, is cute and I find it funny that despite Souji declining to help her cause she still drags his around similar to the way Haruhi does to Kyon. Yeah... I 'll keep reading to see where things go from here.

So far only 3 chapters are scanned.
Old 2010-01-17, 02:09   Link #2
Xacual

Yeah I read the 3 chapters that are out and then reread them again to see if there is any hints.

I think Souji might be naive? He keeps suspecting Saki and Youko but he doesn't seem to suspect Harumi at all and to me that just spells disaster. Youko even says in the first chapter that Harumi isn't really like the other people in their family. Kind of seems like a warning to me, since in mangas like this its always who they least suspect.
Old 2010-01-18, 03:21   Link #3
Jze0
Hmmm...

I was sort of coming to that conclusion too at the end of the third chapter. Harumi could very well be the culprit but I think with the little info we have its hard to acuse her yet. Btw, its seems Souji ran into his brother Kazushi who at the beginning is said to have disappeared... I don't know whats going on there but I think its strange. Could Souji be imagining the whole encounter?
Old 2010-01-18, 06:14   Link #4
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Very interesting.

I'll reserve my judgement until we have a better idea of the situation.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-18, 08:29   Link #5
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Yeah I read the 3 chapters that are out and then reread them again to see if there is any hints.

I think Souji might be naive? He keeps suspecting Saki and Youko but he doesn't seem to suspect Harumi at all and to me that just spells disaster. Youko even says in the first chapter that Harumi isn't really like the other people in their family. Kind of seems like a warning to me, since in mangas like this its always who they least suspect.
I think this has something to do with his bloodline. I have the feeling they might be vampires or at least some type of supernatural predator, though that might be lame. Considering you're from a family of monsters it's hard to suspect a human.

So we know he's boinking Saki, any chances he's doing the same to Youko or Harumi?

I think there needs to be a decent amount of chapters before we can even attempt to paint a picture. :/
2H-Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-18, 16:05   Link #6
ZODDGUTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post

I think she meant that as Harumi is normal compare to the family sense she was brought in the family by her mother's marriage she also doesn't know the secrets that the family holds thus making her normal compared to them. As for Youko it seems she has killed before as she said herself at the end of ch 2 "it was not my doing", why would she say that unless she had kill someone before?... then in ch 3 you have Souji worried that Yukako might get killed by one of he's blood related sister's?

BTW
Spoiler for .:
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-18, 16:10   Link #7
Kunagisa
赤緑黒白

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2H-Dragon View Post
I think this has something to do with his bloodline. I have the feeling they might be vampires or at least some type of supernatural predator, though that might be lame. Considering you're from a family of monsters it's hard to suspect a human.

So we know he's boinking Saki, any chances he's doing the same to Youko or Harumi?

I think there needs to be a decent amount of chapters before we can even attempt to paint a picture. :/
Even with all the chapters out, I don't have a clear picture, nor even a slight clue on what the heck the story is about. I could be just a poor reader.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-18, 16:26   Link #8
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post
Even with all the chapters out, I don't have a clear picture, nor even a slight clue on what the heck the story is about. I could be just a poor reader.
I think I should put this series on hold. Not because it's bad, but I'm bad with series that get me guessing every moment. :/
2H-Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-23, 16:34   Link #9
woodearth
Ramen Hunter

The combination of cute characters and serious story really grabbed me. Hopefully raw of volume 2 is out there somewhere so the scanlations can continue.

Spoiler for Vol 2 comments:
Old 2010-02-05, 20:13   Link #10
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens

This manga needs more love. And faster scanlations.

It's awesome.
Old 2010-02-06, 04:17   Link #11
Kunagisa
赤緑黒白

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
This manga needs more love. And faster scanlations.

It's awesome.
Yeah ... translator's kinda dead though ... very very dead ...
Old 2010-02-07, 15:58   Link #12
Tiberium Wolf

Awesome manga! Why is this dumped in a corner?
Old 2010-04-19, 04:10   Link #13
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens

Can we get a group to continue translating this? It's fuckbrilliant and I think it's sad to just see it go to waste like this.
Old 2010-04-19, 04:33   Link #14
Kunagisa
赤緑黒白

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Can we get a group to continue translating this? It's fuckbrilliant and I think it's sad to just see it go to waste like this.
If you get a translator, then you can always get in contact with KnA to continue it.
Old 2010-06-20, 18:01   Link #15
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens

Two new chapters of this were translated last month, if anyone's interested.
Old 2010-07-29, 23:10   Link #16
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens

It's licensed.
Old 2011-06-07, 21:23   Link #17
keri
ねぇ、知ってる?

Not sure where to go to complain, but I got the 2nd English volume today and read through it and... it's so confusing. Not because the story or panel layout is weird, but because the drawings are just...not very good. I put up with it for the first volume (and the scans I'd read before the licensing was announced), but in this second volume where the two brothers are supposed to be interacting, I can't make heads or tails of the thing. I mean, I can kind of see how it's supposed to imply that the one brother is a ghost, or possibly an alternate personality of the other, or maybe possessing the other, but even so... and the illustrations of the faces are just comically bad, which takes away from the creepy gothic horror feel of the story. Souji's face is the worst. Sometimes, he doesn't even look like the same person from panel to panel, even though he isn't changing personalities/getting possessed/whatever in that instance (which could be a reason for a slightly different appearance).

This series has so much potential, and the story is fairly compelling, but the artwork is just so awful.

(Hell, you know in the first volume when the stepsister trips because her legs are numb after sitting seiza while waiting for him, and ends up headbutting his stomach? I was convinced for at least half that book that she was a ghost, because the drawing made it look like she was passing straight through him.)
keri is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
seinen, shounen