AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Old 2011-03-17, 16:08   Link #1
viperdk1
Heart = Stolen

A foray into fandubbing, amateur singing and other things

Welcome to my thread! By no means is this stuff perfect - it's amateur singing for a reason, ya know

My particular preference is doing fandubs (singing or acting) - though I am contemplating doing covers of other songs (feel free to suggest some for me!).

Here are the first two fandubs that I've done at the moment - with a few more hopefully on the way once I've gotten better.

Spoiler for Shissou Fandub:

Spoiler for God Knows Fandub:

Constructive criticism will be well received - subscriptions on youtube wouldn't hurt either

Last edited by viperdk1; 2011-04-11 at 05:59.
viperdk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-19, 20:58   Link #2
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

You can embed Youtube videos like this [youtube]1TmVx416ZQM[/youtube[.

Also, I don't know much about singing, but God Knows is a lot better than the Shissou in my opinion. It was kinda hard to understand some of the words in Shissou [I couldn't tell if it was the microphone or because you weren't articulating all the consonants] and it seemed like you were struggling to reach the right pitch sometimes. For God Knows, it might help if you varied your volume a bit; you kinda kept the same loudness for your voice the entire time.

Well, I don't know much about music, so take that how you want. Regardless, very nice job. You have a really nice voice. I really like the vibrato in God Knows. Keep at it!
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-20, 06:59   Link #3
viperdk1
Heart = Stolen

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post
Also, I don't know much about singing, but God Knows is a lot better than the Shissou in my opinion. It was kinda hard to understand some of the words in Shissou [I couldn't tell if it was the microphone or because you weren't articulating all the consonants] and it seemed like you were struggling to reach the right pitch sometimes.
The bold is the right one - the microphone isn't a problem here (it had better not be - that's 50 I'm not getting back ).

Also, I can understand how it seemed like I struggled to reach the right pitch (and I notice areas in the song which definitely sound like that occurred).

Quote:
For God Knows, it might help if you varied your volume a bit; you kinda kept the same loudness for your voice the entire time.
Yep, that makes sense - when listening to it back now, I understand what you mean. The verses require less power than what I gave out when recording.

Quote:
Well, I don't know much about music, so take that how you want. Regardless, very nice job. You have a really nice voice. I really like the vibrato in God Knows. Keep at it!
Thank you very much for the comments and criticism - it's finally nice to have someone give me constructive advice instead of just say "Awesome!" etc.

I'm definitely continuing with my fandubbing work (and I will probably record Shissou and God Knows again in the future) - but right now, fandubbing is not on my mind (yay for illness ).

Last edited by viperdk1; 2011-03-22 at 15:16.
Old 2011-03-22, 15:19   Link #4
viperdk1
Heart = Stolen

Again, thank you OceanBlue for the constructive criticism.

It isn't a fandub as such - though I did say I'd be putting amateur singing performances into this thread

This is a cover of a song from Vic Mignogna's album Metafiction, "Far From Home". I've tried to take in everything that you've said, OceanBlue.

Spoiler for Far From Home:
Old 2011-04-11, 05:49   Link #5
viperdk1
Heart = Stolen

Blimey. It's been that long since I posted Far From Home? Wow.

Anyway, another song (that I chose to do due to...yeah, just click the song and check the description if you want to find that out :P)

"Shiver" by Coldplay

Including, for the first time, my 'style' (which will be on all other videos I do - better than the wavy pictures all the time, imo )