AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-05-16, 16:53   Link #501
leukrota
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by StaticLord View Post
He was reluctant to the very end but the Sister didin't leave him any other choice, she made him believe the Sisters really were lifeless dolls. She pulled the trigger first.
What are you smoking?, she wasn't even armed.

... tst, I get the "Accelerator is not a complete demon", but don't go making him a Saint either.
leukrota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-16, 16:54   Link #502
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The middle of the Middle of Nowhere
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by leukrota View Post
What are you smoking?, she wasn't even armed.

... tst, I get the "Accelerator is not a complete demon", but don't go making him a Saint either.
The tankubon release updated that scene and continued it, and as such showed she had a pistol on her. She shot him, he reflected it, and she took a bullet to the gut and died a slow death.
__________________
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-16, 16:58   Link #503
leukrota
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Eeehh?

That's very different from the first version...
leukrota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-16, 17:00   Link #504
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The middle of the Middle of Nowhere
Age: 27
Somewhat. First version didn't really show what happened, IIRC. Left it up to the imagination.
__________________
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-16, 17:03   Link #505
Chaos2Frozen
:)
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The Moon that Wizard came from
Age: 25
The tankubon release for the Sisters arc had a lot of additional content- That scene was a good example, but not the only one.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-16, 17:32   Link #506
Ilidsor
Angelerator
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
The tankubon release for the Sisters arc had a lot of additional content- That scene was a good example, but not the only one.
Really? I should probably get that then, I loved the Sisters arc in Railgun. Now if only I weren't so cheap...

Quote:
Also, I don't think people realized that his psychotic persona is how he deals with the experience of killing.
Actually I hadn't even thought of that . I figured it was a "push people away" thing but that makes much more sense. It explains why he stops in NT after his epiphany at the end of the original series.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic112299_1.gif
Ilidsor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-16, 21:03   Link #507
Birdway
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by leukrota View Post
What are you smoking?, she wasn't even armed.

... tst, I get the "Accelerator is not a complete demon", but don't go making him a Saint either.
Check the Railgun manga thread...

Someone posted them several pages back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilidsor View Post
Really? I should probably get that then, I loved the Sisters arc in Railgun. Now if only I weren't so cheap...



Actually I hadn't even thought of that . I figured it was a "push people away" thing but that makes much more sense. It explains why he stops in NT after his epiphany at the end of the original series.
Before the experiment he was expresionless and sad kid.
__________________

Last edited by Birdway; 2013-05-16 at 21:14.
Birdway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-16, 22:10   Link #508
Raisingfalcon
Class minus 13
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimidori View Post
makes me laugh even more each time i see this xD
__________________
Raisingfalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-18, 01:07   Link #509
Lulu Vie Britania
Genderless telepath
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Norway
Why Kamachi scoffs at Accelerator as though he is a lolicon? You guys here can joke that he is a lolicon and you can even dream that he is a lolicon, but many people there understand it is not so. Even when Accelerator doesn't react to these similar jokes as quite normal and not twisted person, Kamachi still continues to do it as he tries to make laugh readers, profanes Accelerator's desire to save children by any joke from other character.
It is possible to apply some examples, some of them can be doubtful, I simply not up to the end understand some but there it is.

Spoiler for NT Novel Examples:
__________________

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-05-18 at 19:07.
Lulu Vie Britania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-18, 02:08   Link #510
R.LocK
My turn
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulu Vie Britania View Post
Spoiler for NT Novel Examples:
I think you misinterpreted the sentence here...

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-05-18 at 19:08.
R.LocK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-18, 04:58   Link #511
Lulu Vie Britania
Genderless telepath
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Norway
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.LocK View Post
I think you misinterpreted the sentence here...
So what Kamachi had in mind? What does he mean?
__________________
Lulu Vie Britania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-18, 05:39   Link #512
R.LocK
My turn
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulu Vie Britania View Post
So what Kamachi had in mind? What does he mean?
Basically, Kamachi said via narrative that any other human would be afraid to even touch Accelerator using a back-alley delinquent as an example. He did not compare Accel to delinquent in any way. And, definitely, not in erotic way.
R.LocK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-18, 06:34   Link #513
Lulu Vie Britania
Genderless telepath
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Norway
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.LocK View Post
Basically, Kamachi said via narrative that any other human would be afraid to even touch Accelerator using a back-alley delinquent as an example. He did not compare Accel to delinquent in any way. And, definitely, not in erotic way.
So I can laugh now at myself for such incorrect concept of sense, now things really rose on the places, thank you very much.
But other examples still can not be understood for me. If anyone here has something to say me and explain to me about other examples so I really would be thankfull to this person.
__________________
Lulu Vie Britania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-18, 12:55   Link #514
Birdway
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Spoiler for Future novel content:
__________________

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-05-18 at 19:08.
Birdway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-19, 03:27   Link #515
Cosmic Eagle
宿命に全てを奪われた少女
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: 宿命と時間の巻きに
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilidsor View Post


If made any mistakes there please let me know.
Just one....he's utterly sadistic at heart as well. If he really wanted to get everything over and done with so he need not fight anymore, all his kills would be swift and painless. Obviously not the case. And no....do it enough times, it sinks in and becomes part of you. As demonstrated plenty of times after the experiment. It's only much much later that he mellows a bit.
__________________
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-19, 04:30   Link #516
Chaos2Frozen
:)
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The Moon that Wizard came from
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Just one....he's utterly sadistic at heart as well. If he really wanted to get everything over and done with so he need not fight anymore, all his kills would be swift and painless. Obviously not the case. And no....do it enough times, it sinks in and becomes part of you. As demonstrated plenty of times after the experiment. It's only much much later that he mellows a bit.
I took what I hated and made it a part of me
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-19, 04:56   Link #517
Lulu Vie Britania
Genderless telepath
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Norway
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Just one....he's utterly sadistic at heart as well. If he really wanted to get everything over and done with so he need not fight anymore, all his kills would be swift and painless. Obviously not the case. And no....do it enough times, it sinks in and becomes part of you. As demonstrated plenty of times after the experiment. It's only much much later that he mellows a bit.
You're forgetting something. Sadist is someone who likes to hurt everyone. Everyone. From the very beginning, he just wanted to stop the general massacre. if he was a sadist, he would have loved this massacre.
So he notices a change after the battle with Touma. it is no longer necessary to bully and be cruel to the bandits, because it wouldn't help him so he does not show aggression to them and let them be. After that he just met Last Order.
He hates bring harm to good people. And then tries to protect them. Yes, he likes to harm his enemies, so we can call Accelerator's cruel.
Quote:
He would go mad, will tear the flesh (darkness) until nothing but whiteness will remain.
He later corrected. Brutal destruction of the flesh of his enemies is not really interesting and pleasant for him. He tries to become more merciful so he gives his enemies one last chance.
He had no sadistic inclinations. That's all.
__________________
Lulu Vie Britania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-19, 08:44   Link #518
Ilidsor
Angelerator
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Canada
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Just one....he's utterly sadistic at heart as well. If he really wanted to get everything over and done with so he need not fight anymore, all his kills would be swift and painless. Obviously not the case. And no....do it enough times, it sinks in and becomes part of you. As demonstrated plenty of times after the experiment. It's only much much later that he mellows a bit.
No he's not sadistic. Like Chaos said earlier that's just the way he acts to deal with his issues. If you read the LNs you can see that he never enjoys the thought of killing people, in fact he considers it a nuisance.

As for it "sinking in and becoming part of him", that's just plain wrong. What he did in the Sisters experiment is the entire reason he becomes a good guy. Almost everything he does in the series is him trying to protect the sisters, denying what he used to be. If he let it sink in and become a part of him he would have just left the sisters and/or Last Order to be destroyed back in volume 5 because he wouldn't have cared.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic112299_1.gif
Ilidsor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-19, 16:34   Link #519
Dyingbreath
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilidsor View Post
No he's not sadistic. Like Chaos said earlier that's just the way he acts to deal with his issues. If you read the LNs you can see that he never enjoys the thought of killing people, in fact he considers it a nuisance.

As for it "sinking in and becoming part of him", that's just plain wrong. What he did in the Sisters experiment is the entire reason he becomes a good guy. Almost everything he does in the series is him trying to protect the sisters, denying what he used to be. If he let it sink in and become a part of him he would have just left the sisters and/or Last Order to be destroyed back in volume 5 because he wouldn't have cared.
I'm sorry but after watching how he dealt with the Hound Dogs (i.e. crushing one with a massive machine and leaving the body for another one to find) I don't think you could possibly make the claim that he is not sadistic.
Finding killing a nuisance as you claim he does is the sign of a psychopath, not someone seeking redemption. Sure you can claim he does it to protect the sisters but that doesn't change the fact that, throughout the entire series he continues killing people. You can't find redemption for murder by murdering others, even if they are "The bad guy".
I have pity for him but he doesn't deserve sympathy, not by a long shot.
Dyingbreath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-19, 20:00   Link #520
Lulu Vie Britania
Genderless telepath
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Norway
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyingbreath View Post
I'm sorry but after watching how he dealt with the Hound Dogs (i.e. crushing one with a massive machine and leaving the body for another one to find) I don't think you could possibly make the claim that he is not sadistic.
Finding killing a nuisance as you claim he does is the sign of a psychopath, not someone seeking redemption. Sure you can claim he does it to protect the sisters but that doesn't change the fact that, throughout the entire series he continues killing people. You can't find redemption for murder by murdering others, even if they are "The bad guy".
I have pity for him but he doesn't deserve sympathy, not by a long shot.
Volume 13.
Quote:
He had crushed flesh for the first time in a while.
It felt like chugging down a can of a certain brand of coffee after not having that brand for a while. It should have felt good, but it only felt empty. He should have been in an uplifted mood, but he could not get over feeling a sense of resignation. He had drunk it down thinking it was so delicious, yet at some point he had started to wonder if it had really never been any better than this. It was a strange state of mind.
Quote:
For example, what if some rotten bastards who were nothing like Last Order appeared before him? What if those irredeemable people tried to take away a redeemable person? In that case, Accelerator was freed from the bonds saying he must not kill. He feared having the residents of the world of light falling victim to the residents of the world of darkness. As long as he hated himself as a resident of that world of darkness, he could never accept anyone else from that world either. As such, he would unhesitatingly tear through human flesh if certain conditions were met.
He would go nuts until everything he held inside him had been dealt with and nothing but pure white remained.
When you have the same temperament, the same emotion and irritability, the same affection and love your to valuable person as Accelerator has, you will not worry about jail or wine. For us will not be important the sense of guilt. We will want to save a loved one by all means. We will hate your enemies. We will deliver the pain of injustice. This is as the child's mother said that if her child was in danger, she would have gone to the most absurd things.
Besides, he really is corrected in the future.
He enjoyed beating his enemies, because he hated them with all his heart, and that was enough to get crazy, but to destroy all bad. He manifested himself in sadism in that single moment, but it can be understood. He still could not fully escape from his twisted himself he had got during the experiments.
__________________

Last edited by Lulu Vie Britania; 2013-05-19 at 20:13.
Lulu Vie Britania is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:10.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.