AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-05-19, 21:41   Link #521
Dyingbreath
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulu Vie Britania View Post
Volume 13.



When you have the same temperament, the same emotion and irritability, the same affection and love your to valuable person as Accelerator has, you will not worry about jail or wine. For us will not be important the sense of guilt. We will want to save a loved one by all means. We will hate your enemies. We will deliver the pain of injustice. This is as the child's mother said that if her child was in danger, she would have gone to the most absurd things.
Besides, he really is corrected in the future.
He enjoyed beating his enemies, because he hated them with all his heart, and that was enough to get crazy, but to destroy all bad. He manifested himself in sadism in that single moment, but it can be understood. He still could not fully escape from his twisted himself he had got during the experiments.
He is able to defeat without killing easily, he chooses to kill. He has always chosen to kill ever since he learned to control his powers. He has options other than killing and the fact that he doesn't choose them shows that he is still a psychopath at heart. He's as bad as ever with the only difference being the self righteousness he now feels when he kills.
Before he felt guilt, now he doesn't. He kind of degraded, not improved.
Dyingbreath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-19, 22:37   Link #522
Ilidsor
Angelerator
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyingbreath View Post
He is able to defeat without killing easily, he chooses to kill. He has always chosen to kill ever since he learned to control his powers. He has options other than killing and the fact that he doesn't choose them shows that he is still a psychopath at heart. He's as bad as ever with the only difference being the self righteousness he now feels when he kills.
Killing = automatic bad guy regardless of circumstances is such a juvenile way of thinking, reality is much more complex than that. Sure fighting without killing would be ideal but not rigorously following that over-idealistic standard doesn't make him a psychopath. Lets look at the people he's killed since becoming a "good" guy: a ton of murderers, a mad scientist, a rapist, people like that. Killing those people doesn't make him a psychopath, it makes him an anti-hero.

Quote:
Before he felt guilt, now he doesn't. He kind of degraded, not improved.
Where the hell did you get that from? Accelerator is so disgusted with himself that he at one point refers to himself as a "villain that's just like a piece of shit". He goes on monologues about how bad of a person he is all the time. His guilt is as plain as day.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic112299_1.gif
Ilidsor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-19, 22:54   Link #523
Lulu Vie Britania
Genderless telepath
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Norway
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyingbreath View Post
He is able to defeat without killing easily, he chooses to kill. He has always chosen to kill ever since he learned to control his powers. He has options other than killing and the fact that he doesn't choose them shows that he is still a psychopath at heart. He's as bad as ever with the only difference being the self righteousness he now feels when he kills.
Before he felt guilt, now he doesn't. He kind of degraded, not improved.
What the hell are you talking about? I see it is necessary to write same things everyday. Tht present Accelerator is trying not to kill people, with every passing day, he clearly understands the guilt for the murder, he really stopped. He understand the importance of human's life. You obviously did not read the novel at all, if you say that he degrades.
From the end of the arch sisters, he started to improve. Accelerator has seen the good and the evil, and knew what to stretch. He wanted to protect the good, bright people, despising himself for the darkness. And when he despises himself for the darkness, why would he save the bastards around him, especially when they are trying to take away his most valuable (LO).
And it was clearly shown as he was finally able to give a true perpetrator last chance.(19 volume) He gave the perpetrator chance to change and obviously it was his natural wish.
And you are forgetting one thing. The boy was not a psychopath from the very beginning. Even after the endless attacks and experiments on him, during the incident with military when he was 10, he was determined to protect the people around him from himself. He began to be cruel to the bandits who attacked him when came up with tactics to combat them. He was sure this tactics would prevent any of bandits from attacking him. There wasn't any hints that he was extremely cruel with bandits before the experiment. It was like he never did anything just staying and waiting for their failure. Plus Kihara 'helped' him go down the wrong path of evil. From Kihara boy got a cold personality. It could be understood because Kihara was the only one guardian of Accel.
__________________
Lulu Vie Britania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-20, 09:22   Link #524
Dyingbreath
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilidsor View Post
Killing = automatic bad guy regardless of circumstances is such a juvenile way of thinking, reality is much more complex than that. Sure fighting without killing would be ideal but not rigorously following that over-idealistic standard doesn't make him a psychopath. Lets look at the people he's killed since becoming a "good" guy: a ton of murderers, a mad scientist, a rapist, people like that. Killing those people doesn't make him a psychopath, it makes him an anti-hero.
Killing is a bad thing regardless of who you kill. Killing a murderer is hypocrisy, not justice. Trying to justify it by saying that the person is a bad person is the juvenile thing.
And it sure as hell isn't over-idealistic. Accelerator has the power of a god practically. He doesn't have to kill anyone.
Accelerator is a psychopath one way or another. Because he is a protagonist that makes him an anti-hero but that doesn't change the fact that he is a psychopath.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilidsor View Post
Where the hell did you get that from? Accelerator is so disgusted with himself that he at one point refers to himself as a "villain that's just like a piece of shit". He goes on monologues about how bad of a person he is all the time. His guilt is as plain as day.
He feels guilt for killing the sisters, not for killing other people. Did he once express any sort of guilt or regret for those Hound Dogs?
Dyingbreath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-20, 09:55   Link #525
Birdway
CINDERELLA PLZ...
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Your concept of hipocrisy is warped since he never said it was justice killing murderes like Hound Dogs.

He even says he is going to hell but before that he is going to drag who are no different than him or even worse than he was.
__________________
Birdway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-20, 15:54   Link #526
Lulu Vie Britania
Genderless telepath
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Norway
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyingbreath View Post
Killing is a bad thing regardless of who you kill. Killing a murderer is hypocrisy, not justice. Trying to justify it by saying that the person is a bad person is the juvenile thing.
And it sure as hell isn't over-idealistic. Accelerator has the power of a god practically. He doesn't have to kill anyone.
Accelerator is a psychopath one way or another. Because he is a protagonist that makes him an anti-hero but that doesn't change the fact that he is a psychopath.



He feels guilt for killing the sisters, not for killing other people. Did he once express any sort of guilt or regret for those Hound Dogs?
Yes, he feels guilty for killing others. He realizes that he can not judge the other bastards, it was revealed when Yomikawa ran up to him to stop the murder of Kakine. He said that he is a villain, he is evil. it was a splash of guilt for what he did. He admitted that he too hates himself so he can't let others like him survive, and that he too wants to save his loved ones, good people from the darkness, so he must destroy the darkness of the city.
And what next? He gradually moves to the side of LO and Yomikawa, giving his enemies to survive. This step occurs expense of guilt and hope for his salvation. If he blamed himself only for the murder of the sisters, he would not have stopped killing the bad guys. But he stopped.
About a psychopath. As I wrote, it's happened once after the experiment. A bunch of bastards tried to bring him back+the person who was the most expensive for him, dragged off. It can be understood. Since then he does not show anything like that. He is one of the most adequate characters until you have caused harm to his family. Interpretation of "Psycho" is really out of place here. If you do not agree, try to call an event in the novel after 13 volume, when he behaved as badly as in 13 volume.
__________________
Lulu Vie Britania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-25, 03:27   Link #527
Lulu Vie Britania
Genderless telepath
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Norway
Hm... I've read some parts of novel again and actually missed the certain thought.
Was Accel subjected to the same experiments as Child Errors, when he was in the Special Ability Institute? I've read somewhere that he was the only one who survived in the experiments. Maybe on Toaru wiki.
And what do you think about his 'family'? Kamachi wrote that Accel 'never had a clue what the family is.' So he should be the Child Error, shouldn't he?
__________________
Lulu Vie Britania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-25, 15:13   Link #528
Phibrizzo
Honos628
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Mexico
It seems Misaka fans are still on rage mode about episode 5.
Phibrizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-25, 17:14   Link #529
Ilidsor
Angelerator
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulu Vie Britania View Post
Hm... I've read some parts of novel again and actually missed the certain thought.
Was Accel subjected to the same experiments as Child Errors, when he was in the Special Ability Institute? I've read somewhere that he was the only one who survived in the experiments. Maybe on Toaru wiki.
And what do you think about his 'family'? Kamachi wrote that Accel 'never had a clue what the family is.' So he should be the Child Error, shouldn't he?
It's very vague about Accelerator's time in the facility but we can assume he was experimented on in equally cruel ways at least, even if the experiments themselves were different due to his high level.

Accelerator is 99% likely to be a child error.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic112299_1.gif
Ilidsor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-06, 11:30   Link #530
SmokinFerret88
Comrade Ferret
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: The darkest corner with the best view...
I'm not sure if this belongs here, but I'll post it here anyways.

I was doing some research on the Dark May Project that Kinuhata and Kuroyoru were subjected to and it had basically said that it was a project started to replicate Accelerators ability by using a similar pattern of ability operation. I'm under the assumption that by 'similar pattern of ability operation' they are referring to Accelerator's calculation capabilities prior to taking the gunshot to the head.

Does that imply that all that was gained by Kinuhata and Kuroyoru from the project was his calculation abilities? I understand that they only received a small portion of it in that was split into defensive and offensive calculations. But, I'm just curious to know if either Kinuhata or Kuroyoru already had to perform calculations prior to the project and were just given a cheat-sheet (if you will) by Accelerator's calculations or they never had to do calculations at all in the first place and Accelerator's own just caused that much of an improvement to their abilities.
SmokinFerret88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-06, 16:13   Link #531
dniv
Life<Erza<#3<Hina<Toma
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: AZ
This is kind of spoilerish. But in the most recent novel: Accelerator makes it a point not to kill anyone even though he uses extremely high level powers. It says that he has finally gotten to the point where he can save people without killing... so there goes anyone's arguments that he chooses to kill always. Maybe back then, but certainly not anymore. He also says that he will interfere even if Last Order isn't the one in trouble. This is obviously a step forward: it's unrelated to the sisters.

And like Birdway said: Accelerator doesn't think he did the right thing in the past, but he will do the right thing from now if he can help it: something like "I'll stop you now with these bloody hands."

The author himself says that
Spoiler for Index volume 22:
.

So anyone's theories about him choosing to kill might have been true in the past. At this point, Accelerator does not try to hurt innocent people. He has normal relationships with some people. I think this is much more impressive for someone that was tainted in evil like him to accomplish than for someone who has never had any crazy thoughts at all. If you never think any crazy thoughts it isn't like you're randomly going to start thinking crazy things and you would never think anything crazy in the first place even if someone told you to because you would think it is stupid. For Accelerator, it would be much much harder to be "sane" so you should applaud how he has redeemed himself.

I think the point here is that if you think that people can't redeem themselves you will hate Accelerator forever. IF you do and have some compassion for other people then you will probably like him.

Last edited by dniv; 2013-06-06 at 16:34.
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-17, 19:30   Link #532
Lulu Vie Britania
Genderless telepath
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Norway
Reformulated.

Accel wants to be a hero to redeem himself or he wants to redeem himself to be a hero?
Recently, I saw a lot of opinions about the life of Accelerator after experimenting with the sisters. Despite the fact that the author has pointed out many times that the guy believes he can not redeem himself completely, that he is fighting to protect good people like LO, Yomikawa, Yoshikawa, the sisters from darkness, to destroy the law of the mocking the weak people by the strong people, some people think that he is fighting for his redemption, that is important to him only his redemption. They think that this is the meaning of his battles.

Certainly, he could pose as the selfish person in operating time in the GROUP, but it was the result of that he couldn't forgive himself and wasn't able to afford to realize himself in care of others. However, he still followed the desire to help, overcame restrictions, and then and then fought in the GROUP by his own rules for the side of good. While Aiwass said he tries to walk to the right side due to the anguish his sins give him, Aliester underlined that he has intense longing for good. Kamachi said Accelerator wishes for good more than anyone else. I think Accel really always wanted to be able to help people without hurting them. He just hates to be a villian, to bring harm to good people and to see them being victims of the dark side, unjustified violence. This was already evident when he naturally wanted to save Misuzu from the darkness and hated Kakine for involving civilians in their battle. Actually, there are too many moments in the novels when these facts are proved. Yes, he could wish for redemption in the bottom of his hurt, but I don't think it is the main thing for him. I think, the main thing he wants is to be able to help people, because (as dniv wrote earlier) he has a potential to protect people. I think, it is the main similarities between him and Touma.
He wants to become a good person and to get rid of his sins. But I guess it is only due to the fact that he understands his desire to be a good person and wants to bring good without bad feeling about his old self. At the end of the 6th NT volume he understands that he can not atone himself because the sisters died after all. But he continues to fight in the 7th NT volume.

So, what do you think about that? If you don't agree with me, please point to with what you don't agree and why you agree with opinion of those people.
__________________
Lulu Vie Britania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-17, 20:07   Link #533
Rovert10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Is he even trying to be a hero anymore?
Touma shattered that notion back in WWIII.
Now he fights to protect as his driving force and that redemption is just a side benefit. What happens to him is irrelevant so as long everyone else is protected. Which is sort of Touma's mentality, that he'll sacrafice himself to make sure everyone gets out okay.
Rovert10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-17, 20:34   Link #534
Ihaxlikenoob
Nine Lives Blade Works
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: British Columbia, Canada
Age: 20
He still uses those labels and knows what they mean/entail, but he isn't chasing them anymore after Russia.
He's gotten closer to Kamijou's mentality when it comes protecting his 'world', trying to avoid casualties along the way, although he's still willing to kill if there's no other choice.

Although this might be all moot now, what with the Will of the Misaka Network telling him to strive in resolving situations in the most difficult manner (or rather, struggle to) that brings about the 'best ending' scenario.
Ihaxlikenoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-18, 04:43   Link #535
Lulu Vie Britania
Genderless telepath
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Norway
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihaxlikenoob View Post
He still uses those labels and knows what they mean/entail, but he isn't chasing them anymore after Russia.
He's gotten closer to Kamijou's mentality when it comes protecting his 'world', trying to avoid casualties along the way, although he's still willing to kill if there's no other choice.

Although this might be all moot now, what with the Will of the Misaka Network telling him to strive in resolving situations in the most difficult manner (or rather, struggle to) that brings about the 'best ending' scenario.
I agree with you, but does he try to protect only his family in a good way and because of his own decision? He began to protect other people even in the 21th volume, for example, he wanted to protect Alliance and the land of Russia (I am also still sure he naturally wanted to protect people from the SS1 volume). And then he tries to protect Fremea Seivelun (the feelings of Komaba). He thought about his path in the 2th NT volume and there was a very important quote of him when he saw loli grabbed his leg:
Quote:
I have no interest in being a villain, and I don’t think that I can become a good person. I’m at a halfway point where I’m not even sure which path I should walk down… but I guess even there, I can still interfere in someone’s life and help bring things to a positive conclusion…
It is his own natural good attraction/good intent. And even untill WW3 he had seemed to be worried more about his favorite goodness of the world and kindness than about being a hero
__________________
Lulu Vie Britania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-26, 22:40   Link #536
Apache Thunder
Interdimensional Spy
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Levelland, Texas USA
Send a message via MSN to Apache Thunder Send a message via Yahoo to Apache Thunder
Accelerator's sorta like Agent Smith from the Matrix. He's the "opposite" of Neo and in this context, the negative version of Touma.

The big difference being that he now wishes to use his power to protect instead of destroying.

A decision Smith never made.

Accelerator and Touma are basically two sides of one coin. Touma has no real power (offensively speaking) but despite that tries his best to protect others.

Accelerator on the other hand has great power (both offensively and defensively). But as a result of that power he's been corrupted along the way and used it to destroy and kill instead of protect. But he eventually learns to turn around and figure out how to use his power to protect others instead of killing all his obstacles. You need to remember that a lot of our more complex behaviors like morality and such are learned behaviors that we pick up as young children. Thus Accelerator's ideas of what's good and bad were twisted up very early in his development and this compounds the problem when you add on the power reflection ability.

Power tends to corrupt humans. Especially if they have it from birth or from very early childhood. So there's more headwind for Accelerator to fight against in terms of learning the correct way of dealing with obstacles where as someone without power grew up normal and learned how to negotiate and fight as a last resort and never with the intent to kill.

Also another example I would like to bring up is Elfen Lied. Children given deadly abilities tends to result in a lot of carnage. Children are still in the process of being taught what's good and bad. If they have an ability or power that gives them the ability to kill without much effort, they likely won't hold back because at this point they might not even understand what death is yet. They are simply to young to fully comprehend the consequences of their own actions as it relates to others. Yet many adults in the science lab make the mistake of automatically saying these children are monsters. The fact is they don't know any better yet and thus the scientists make the mistake of isolating them from most human interaction which just compounds the problem! No surprise Lucy didn't give too s***ts about other lives. She just escaped from being severely bullied and the trauma of seeing her pet dog and her one of her friends being killed in front of her and thus that mindset is frozen into her mind after she's captured with no chance to learn better ways of dealing with such situations.

This also factors into why Misaka is one of the more "normal" level 5's. She didn't have much power early in her childhood. (Started out as a level 1). So she had to work to get the power she has now and as result of that work she is way more responsible with it. Had she been closer to a level 3/4 at the start her personality could have easily developed into something closer to Mugino or the other less stable level 5s. So as it stands now if a young Misaka at like age 4/5 had a temper tantrum, the most she could do is cause a few small sparks, so no harm done. She doesn't get her ability developed to "lethal" levels until shes into her preteens and by that point she is more likely to know the "right" choices are to be made when using her ability.

Touma grew up pretty much in a normal environment with no notable power except that of "misfortune" and thus learned of better ways of dealing with the kinds of situations that Accelerator found him self in.

Honestly I don't know why Aliester thought it was a good idea giving such young people esper abilities. It would have been more productive to do it in adults. The results would be much more stable and less likely to produce monsters. That's unless Aliester intended to create monsters from the beginning. So then most of the blame should go to him. :P

At this point, it's a down right miracle that Accelerator has managed to get onto a much better track in his decision making. Being able to kill things from a very very young age pretty much means many things in his psychology get's hardwired into him and undoing that is very difficult for just about any possible human that would have been born into his situation.
__________________

I have cameras in your head!

Last edited by Apache Thunder; 2013-06-26 at 23:36.
Apache Thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-26, 23:33   Link #537
SmokinFerret88
Comrade Ferret
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: The darkest corner with the best view...
Quote:
Honestly I don't know why Aliester thought it was a good idea giving such young people esper abilities. It would have been more productive to do it in adults. Your results would be much more stable and less likely to produce monsters. That's unless Aliester intended to create monsters from the beginning. So then most of the blame should go to him. :P
Here's a thought in regards to that matter. Say that, when you were a kid, something happened to where you became unable to use your legs. Now, again as a kid still, you learn to adapt to not having your legs, thus when you reach adult-hood you no longer need legs to function. It's the same concept really; you give a child the means to adjust to something foreign so that, come adult-hood, they have long since adapted to the adjustments to their lives where, if done to an adult, they would have to struggle harder since they lived their lives under the normal rules that had dictated how they lived their lives up until that point.

In regards to Accelerator, as a character, I personally find him like-able, though in a different way compared to Touma and Hamazura. Accelerator is someone who, subconsciously, you root for him to do the right thing and follow the path he is trying to walk. Touma and Hamazura have that feeling of someone who you can identify with to a certain extent. I mean, lets face it, if you were Hamazura you'd be more than a little bit cowardly in the presence of an Esper right? While he does have his shining moments, those feeling surface when there's something he wants to protect, like to the extent of a father or a mother who saw their child about to be hurt. It's the same thing really; its just without that motivation he's cowardly.

I could do a whole thing about Touma, but since this topic is about Accelerator; I won't.

Basically, when you look at Accelerator, I would like to believe that most would look at him and feel a bit of pity for all the struggling he went through to get to where he currently. He's constantly trying to redeem himself for the wrongs he's committed, but it's hard to change who you are when all you've known a good portion of your life is violence. So I personally don't see Accel as just a redeemer, but I see him as someone who truly wants to change himself, who wants to do good, and someone who will to do whatever it takes to ensure what little happiness he has attained is not lost. His methods may not have always been the right way, might have been centered around violence, but the fact that he did those things, reasons and methods aside, he had the best intentions and I don't find it right to judge him based on that.

The fact that he's struggling so hard to change himself is worthy of both praise and respect. He could have given up at any opportunity and just settled back into his old ways, yet he did not. He stuck through it all, driven to change who he was despite the hardships that came with trying to achieve that goal. He took the most beaten and dirty path to get where he is now, and while he has a long way to go before he can forgive himself for all the lives he has taken, he's still walking down that same path towards the same goal the entire time.

Going down that road is no easy feat; the road of redemption is a broken, beaten, bumpy path to tread down. It's that road nobody wants to walk down simply because it's too damn hard to go down. Accel knew this yet took it anyway; and for that I have nothing but the utmost respect for him.
SmokinFerret88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-27, 00:28   Link #538
dniv
Life<Erza<#3<Hina<Toma
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: AZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinFerret88 View Post
Here's a thought in regards to that matter. Say that, when you were a kid, something happened to where you became unable to use your legs. Now, again as a kid still, you learn to adapt to not having your legs, thus when you reach adult-hood you no longer need legs to function. It's the same concept really; you give a child the means to adjust to something foreign so that, come adult-hood, they have long since adapted to the adjustments to their lives where, if done to an adult, they would have to struggle harder since they lived their lives under the normal rules that had dictated how they lived their lives up until that point.

In regards to Accelerator, as a character, I personally find him like-able, though in a different way compared to Touma and Hamazura. Accelerator is someone who, subconsciously, you root for him to do the right thing and follow the path he is trying to walk. Touma and Hamazura have that feeling of someone who you can identify with to a certain extent. I mean, lets face it, if you were Hamazura you'd be more than a little bit cowardly in the presence of an Esper right? While he does have his shining moments, those feeling surface when there's something he wants to protect, like to the extent of a father or a mother who saw their child about to be hurt. It's the same thing really; its just without that motivation he's cowardly.

I could do a whole thing about Touma, but since this topic is about Accelerator; I won't.

Basically, when you look at Accelerator, I would like to believe that most would look at him and feel a bit of pity for all the struggling he went through to get to where he currently. He's constantly trying to redeem himself for the wrongs he's committed, but it's hard to change who you are when all you've known a good portion of your life is violence. So I personally don't see Accel as just a redeemer, but I see him as someone who truly wants to change himself, who wants to do good, and someone who will to do whatever it takes to ensure what little happiness he has attained is not lost. His methods may not have always been the right way, might have been centered around violence, but the fact that he did those things, reasons and methods aside, he had the best intentions and I don't find it right to judge him based on that.

The fact that he's struggling so hard to change himself is worthy of both praise and respect. He could have given up at any opportunity and just settled back into his old ways, yet he did not. He stuck through it all, driven to change who he was despite the hardships that came with trying to achieve that goal. He took the most beaten and dirty path to get where he is now, and while he has a long way to go before he can forgive himself for all the lives he has taken, he's still walking down that same path towards the same goal the entire time.

Going down that road is no easy feat; the road of redemption is a broken, beaten, bumpy path to tread down. It's that road nobody wants to walk down simply because it's too damn hard to go down. Accel knew this yet took it anyway; and for that I have nothing but the utmost respect for him.
One thing I would like to point out is that for people who are aware of the magic and esper world in this story (who are part of it), would be much more likely to empathize and forgive Accelerator or at least recognize that he has changed as a person and isn't bad after he killed the clones. Most people who say Accelerator is a bad character or think he's stupid say that when thinking from a non-Index perspective and say that one murder is horrible. While this may be true in the real world, it's useless and even stupid IMO to try to rate or judge Accelerator from a perspective outside of Index. Granted that Style is the way he is and that many other characters are very complex and nowhere near as "rotten" as Accelerator in every day behavior, people really should think of Accelerator in the context of a comparison to other people in AC's darkness or even the magic side. When you look at it like that... Accelerator really isn't so bad. Recently, he's become great. I just think that when someone looks at a show and says: I'm thinking about this like the real world and not from the perspective of the characters in the show (which I might have done once or twice), you make some ridiculous conclusions. If you think watching 10,000 clones is unspeakably evil and can never be redeemed... watch something realistic and not an anime which explores tons of philosophical what-ifs. The point is that it obviously isn't real life, but is realistic and logical in order to be relevant and interesting to readers, viewers, etc.

Personally, I really do find it ridiculous to call Accelerator shallow because you see Index I or Railgun S and then don't read the LN's... anyone who does this is obviously missing the point. But then again, it's them missing the rich character development going on.

Accelerator is much more than his throwing off of who he is. He was always the person who wanted to be happy with others and become stronger so others wouldn't get hurt attacking him. He was first traumatized when he was attacked by teachers because he had accidentally hurt kids by their fault and not his fault... Yomikawa regrets to this day what happened then... this probably means this is a large factor in his outward anger/malice. Accelerator wants justice at any cost. He couldn't find people to trust and had to head into the darkness. By taking classes by himself, he couldn't learn from other good influences anymore. He couldn't talk to normal kids in order to help with his personality. His only role-model was a malevolent Kihara. In all honesty, from my point of view, whenever Kamachi writes Touma fighting a character and he breaks their illusions... I believe Kamachi is telling us that because of their complicated circumstances... they were not guilty of what they were doing as long as they were under the illusion. Since Accel's illusions were broken, he has acted relatively much better as a person and recently like a boss. However, we need to realize that any character we have seen so far who uses magic or esper powers is deluded in some way shape or form, or at least WAS ONCE deluded... The more magic or esper power, the more delusion. The worst level of reason= Touma. He can't use IB to un-delude himself and he seems to be the most statically deluded of them all as a result with his somewhat ridiculous ideals (which I appreciate). Accelerator has reached a point where his powers' form and what he does with them reflect his new take on life. Hamazura has done this too... his lack of power made him deluded... he realized that he could be powerful later which changed this. I think Accel has it hardest because he's the strongest or one of them anyway. That's how I see it.
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-27, 01:39   Link #539
Chaos2Frozen
I Am Undone
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Drangelic, or by a different name...
Age: 25
Wow, you guys sure like to type a lot 0_0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache Thunder View Post
Honestly I don't know why Aliester thought it was a good idea giving such young people esper abilities. It would have been more productive to do it in adults. The results would be much more stable and less likely to produce monsters. That's unless Aliester intended to create monsters from the beginning. So then most of the blame should go to him. :P
He might not have a choice- Have you seen the sci-fi TV series [Fringe] ? A common sci-fi explanation for these things is that children's brains are more susceptible to changes and hence more 'potential'.

Also remember how Personal Realities work, and you can sort of see why children are more ideal.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-27, 01:42   Link #540
SmokinFerret88
Comrade Ferret
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: The darkest corner with the best view...
I like to type when its on a subject I find enjoyable to talk about. *shrugs*
SmokinFerret88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:25.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.