AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Old 2013-12-12, 13:43   Link #601
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

Well our Accelerator is just one win away from winning in Saimoe

He believes.
Even though he’s tired and one leg’s in the coffin, he believes.
He believes in his right fist,
in the path that his weapon creates,
in the scene when his weapon brutally hits the enemy’s body,
that his victory will bring about a wonderful future.
Kamijou Touma’s actions are based on trust.-

Kenju of the Right is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-12, 13:52   Link #602
Lulu Vie Britania
Genderless telepath

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
he copied Touma in his own way since the beginning. Since last order incident. He understand that he won't wash away his sin which is why he choose to become a villain that still saves those he cared for. isn't that just being tsundere to touma's way? but in the latest development. Slowly but surely. he is starting to forgive his self. But his forgiving but not forgetting.

btw what happen to accelerator ss? I'm still waiting for news on that one.
I understand you, though is it right to consider all his actions just as copying Touma's ones and Touma's behavior(even copying in his own way)? It must mean that he didn't do things because he wanted to do them but because Touma did them. It must mean that he didn't even make his own choice. All people he's saved, all things he's done, how can they be considered being saved/made from his heart or at his own request, because of his own justice? How can his thoughts of saving people, villains harming good people, being a good person even be considered as his own thoughts in this case?

If I haven't missed anything, we still have only few things we know about Accel's manga. It comes out on December 27, artwork is done by Yamaji Shin and Kamachi is the writer.
Old 2013-12-12, 15:46   Link #603
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulu Vie Britania View Post
It must mean that he didn't even make his own choice.

All people he's saved, all things he's done, how can they be considered being saved/made from his heart or at his own request, because of his own justice?

How can his thoughts of saving people, villains harming good people, being a good person even be considered as his own thoughts in this case?

If I haven't missed anything, we still have only few things we know about Accel's manga. It comes out on December 27, artwork is done by Yamaji Shin and Kamachi is the writer.
No, he make his own choice. read vol 5 or is it 6? sorry can't remember much anymore on index. Read the volume where Accelerator DECIDE to save last order.

One reason at first: ATONEMENT

he new his a sinner which when Last order was knocking on his door step. Its like rubbing salt on an open wound. Last order existence is like a reminder of his dark past. which is why when last order was in danger. his GUILT kicks in and DECIDED to save her.

Let me emphasis on deciding it. because if you look at accelerator's personality. Anything that doesn't matter to him. he will just shrug it off. He has auto reflect 24/7 so saying shrugging off anything isn't that far off from the truth.

BUT

When Amai or who ever that scientist points that gun on Accelerator when his purging the program on her nervous system. He still decide to continue on doing his purging that putting on his reflection.

Read/watch his monologue there.

he can just abandon Last Order but he didn't. he take that bullet to his brain like a boss.

From there. From atonement to his sin to guarding last order.

It just fall into more protecting his important people to protecting the bystanders that might get affected by the dark side of the city which comes from the root of atonement. he doesn't want outsiders to feel or see what he saw and felt at the darkest part of the city.

Ah. So its dec 27. I only remember it being release on december but not the date of the release.

tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-12, 16:20   Link #604
Lulu Vie Britania
Genderless telepath

Quote:
No, he make his own choice. read vol 5 or is it 6? sorry can't remember much anymore on index. Read the volume where Accelerator DECIDE to save last order.

he can just abandon Last Order but he didn't. he take that bullet to his brain like a boss.

From there. From atonement to his sin to guarding last order.

It just fall into more protecting his important people to protecting the bystanders that might get affected by the dark side of the city which comes from the root of atonement. he doesn't want outsiders to feel or see what he saw and felt at the darkest part of the city.
So, based on what you've written and the general impression of him taken from the novels, we can state with sureness that Accel:
1. Didn't follow Touma's examples out of choice but decided to take Touma's path himself for two reasons: a)to become a better person cause he wanted to change himself and walk the same road as LO; b)to try to make up for his sins.
2.Decided to save LO for two reasons: a)because of his guilt; b)because he wanted to save her, because he wanted her to live on and became attached to her.
3. Decided to stay with LO for the same reasons. Or maybe even only for the second.
4. Started protecting people important to him (LO, Sisters, Yomi and Yoshi) basing on his own feelings for them/his want not to lose them; he knew he can't ever wash up his sin so I think the second reason for him was getting forgiveness for his old self, not redemption.
5. Started protecting bystanders and good people because he hated when normal people ended up being the victims of the dark side and villains, he wanted to save them in his heart; and because of atonement.
6. Even knowing what he wanted to protect and what he should do, he still kept Touma's image in front of his eyes and saw it as an ideal he wouldn't even be able to reach.
As we can see, most of his actions were explained by two reasons. His own feelings and wish to act + Touma's personality as a support pillar; and his longing for atonement.
If I made any mistakes, please correct me.
Old 2013-12-12, 16:55   Link #605
Draco Spirit

I've always got the feeling that Last Order reminds him of his younger self, before the Darkness swallowed him up, and protecting her is a way of him saying "Not again!"
Draco Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-12, 23:16   Link #606
Lulu Vie Britania
Genderless telepath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draco Spirit View Post
I've always got the feeling that Last Order reminds him of his younger self, before the Darkness swallowed him up, and protecting her is a way of him saying "Not again!"
Doesn't he protect her just because jhe loves her like a father? People like to complicate his driving force, I'd like to say that 'not again!' is also his motivation but it goes together with his daddy feelings.
Old 2013-12-13, 07:57   Link #607
tsunade666

His love for her is like a father or a guardian. Its that kind of familial love.

Old 2013-12-24, 14:29   Link #608
Saiyori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabasco View Post
Nah.

I don't mind the reminder of what a monster Accelerator is, personally.
Is? If you watched episodes 19 and 20 of To aru majutsu no index or read Volume 5 of the light novel then you would know that 'was' would be more appropriate. Basically he is befriended by a Misaka clone who's emotion's aren't surpressed named Last order. It is revealed that he didnt truly wish to hurt them as he was trying to scare them out of fighting. Plus he risks his life and ends up Saving Last order and the remaining other Misaka clones from a virus code that would have made them go beserk and ultimatley die, and through out the rest of the series he's devoted to protecting their lives. Would a 'monster' do that?
Saiyori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-24, 17:52   Link #609
Hiss13
Katsu-nee <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saiyori View Post
Is? If you watched episodes 19 and 20 of To aru majutsu no index or read Volume 5 of the light novel then you would know that 'was' would be more appropriate. Basically he is befriended by a Misaka clone who's emotion's aren't surpressed named Last order. It is revealed that he didnt truly wish to hurt them as he was trying to scare them out of fighting. Plus he risks his life and ends up Saving Last order and the remaining other Misaka clones from a virus code that would have made them go beserk and ultimatley die, and through out the rest of the series he's devoted to protecting their lives. Would a 'monster' do that?
Calm down man. You're responding to a post that's over three years old.

In many respects, Accelerator is a monster…as are the rest of the Level 5s, the Saints, etc.
Old 2014-02-01, 01:13   Link #610
dniv
Life<Erza<#3<Hina<Toma

From A Certain Academy Index:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narrator
This was Academy City’s strongest Level 5.
This was the sole candidate for the Level 6 Shift who Kamijou had once fought in a train switchyard.
And he wore a short-sleeved sailor uniform that looked like a school’s summer uniform.
And a miniskirt.
“Ow, ow, ow, ow,” he said while sticking out his tongue.
A notebook and textbook fell out of his dropped bag. The name Suzushina Yuriko was written on them.
Now we know where that alter-ego originally came from.

Also,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accelerator talking to Touma, Accel talks first
“Apparently, I’m a character that suddenly appears without warning.”
“I think you’re a personification of the misfortune that always hangs around me.”
“Also, I’m apparently a character that won’t hate you at all no matter what you do to me.”
my God.
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-01, 05:04   Link #611
Lulu Vie Britania
Genderless telepath

Oh my god guys, Accel knows how to drive a motorbike.
Old 2014-02-01, 09:32   Link #612
Ernietheracefan

Where do you find that...??
Ernietheracefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-01, 11:23   Link #613
Lulu Vie Britania
Genderless telepath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernietheracefan View Post
Where do you find that...??
You didn't read the new chapter of his manga, did you?
This fact was also added to the wiki. At first, I thought it was Estelle who drove but then I got corrected.
Old 2014-02-01, 11:29   Link #614
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulu Vie Britania View Post
Oh my god guys, Accel knows how to drive a motorbike.
If your super genius genre savvy that can speak different language. Driving a motorbike is as easy as squashing lower level 5.

Old 2014-02-01, 11:41   Link #615
Birdway
CINDERELLA PLZ...

Quote:
If your super genius genre savvy that can speak different language. Driving a motorbike is as easy as squashing lower level 5.

But Hamazura makes it look awesome.
Old 2014-02-01, 11:51   Link #616
Lulu Vie Britania
Genderless telepath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdway View Post
Maybe Accel will do amazing things with his motorbike in this manga too.
And the question, where did he take this bike? Is it Estelle's one?
Old 2014-02-01, 12:19   Link #617
SmokinFerret88
Comrade Ferret

Doncha know?

All secretive people in cloaks have motobikes.

And I can already foresee Accel driving that thing up along the side of a skyscraper....shattering glass in the process too.

Quote:
And the question, where did he take this bike? Is it Estelle's one?
Either she stole it or he did...doubt either one is against the idea of doing that.

How far would you go to save someone...

How much blood would you voluntarily shed for them...

How deep in the muck would you be willing to trek through to reach them...

How long would you remain defiant before submitting to the Darkness that traps them...
SmokinFerret88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-01, 12:33   Link #618
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdway View Post
Hamazura looks awesome in his rider suit. He needs to RIDER CHANGE!!!

Old 2014-02-01, 18:19   Link #619
StaticLord

I'd like to see Accel make his way up a traffic jam with reflection activated King of the road.
Spoiler for Big image:
-Aleister Crowley.
StaticLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-01, 19:08   Link #620
LevelSeven

, let me guess LO is kidnapped and he drives after the bad guys, because of this gaint machines they create such a big traffic jam, accel with a black leather jacket and black sunglasses + reflection on and managed to bring the field over his motorbike is driving over and through one car after the another
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote