AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

View Poll Results: What did you think of Texhnolyze
Good 63 64.29%
Ok 10 10.20%
Bad 4 4.08%
Droped it (Stopped watching) 7 7.14%
Have not seen it 14 14.29%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2004-06-01, 11:20   Link #1
Knuckles

Texhnolyze

A week ago the last episode (# 22) was released subbed,
and I wanted to know what you think of this series?

Without spoiling anything I think I can say that it is a dark violent sci-fi series,
about gangwars in the underworld where alot of people are Texhnolysed.

The series are similar to Serial Experimnet Lain, maybe just because
Abe Yoshitoshi worked on both of them, but also they are both sci-fi
so there are other similarities. And if you liked Evangelion and End of Evangelion
I think this series might be for you.

The series most controversial aspect is probably how difficult it is to understand
it. A lot of people gave up on it after the first episode, but even if you don't
understand it, (I don't think I got half of it) I think it can still be enjoyed if
you like action and violence.

And about the ending (don't click if you have not seen the show):
Spoiler:
Knuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-01, 11:24   Link #2
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

It's great... dare I say that I love this seris more than Lain! The ending is soooo beautiful, it's really a great ending to such a good series.
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-01, 12:31   Link #3
Dhomochevsky
temporary safeguard

I got the first 15 eps or so on my hd since they were first released as fansubs. It`s bugging me, they eat up my precious disk space.
But I didn`t get to watch them yet, dunno why...
So if you keep on praising it, maybe that could make me watch it finally.
Dhomochevsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-02, 21:43   Link #4
Jesushalero
Landmindmaster

Send a message via AIM to Jesushalero
Quote:
It's great... dare I say that I love this seris more than Lain!
I completley agree with you. The themes behind Texhnolyze deal with more real aspects of human psychology then Lain. I just finished the series and I have to say it is one of the best out there. If people could accept anger and hate as aspects of human nature then they could work to cope with it and not to eliminate it( which is a useless struggle).
Jesushalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-21, 19:51   Link #5
CyberPunk

About Texhnolyze...

i recently got into this totally dark and awesome anime, but i had some questions about the episode total. try not to spoil anything for me, as i've only seen the first 4 episodes on the only released dvd. anyways, i read that there was 20 episodes aired on tv, but the entire series is 22. can someone explain this to me? again, PLEASE don't spoil anything. i've come along way not reading internet spoilers.
CyberPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-21, 20:10   Link #6
Mugen
Tha slick

Send a message via MSN to Mugen
Yeh theres an episode which is episode (rouge) 00 - which reviews and goes back over 10 episodes to help tell you what the hell is going on and i think there is actually 22 altogether, i cant actually remember :P. Although i can say one thing, this series is f**cking awesome, however i would say it isnt for about 70 percent of people. It gets amazinly crazy and extremely weird and quite often you r going WTF?! But stick with it, i loved the end of the series, and practicaly everything about it, even if it is one of the most obscure/ weird things ive ever seen. Id reccomend watching this anime late night, say 11 or 12 it helps sement the atmosphere, just watch and except it, and be drawn in. I will get back to you, on the episodes, as i have them all, but im fairly sure its 22 episodes, or rouges as theyd call them
Mugen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-21, 20:47   Link #7
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

finally a worthy successor to Lain, really really beautiful and fantastic series!

there's a rouge 00? doesn't it make the series 23 episodes then?

according to ANN

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...d=2304&page=25

seems the two "secret episodes" are what's not aired on tv?
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-21, 21:43   Link #8
oDin01

I own the R2's and it has 22 episodes on them. I don't remember any of the volumes including rouge 00 or ever hearing about it until now.
oDin01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-21, 22:46   Link #9
CyberPunk

right on guys, thanks. i managed to watch all 4 episodes one night before i went to bed. it was around 1 or 2 am. i knew i was gonna like it as soon as i saw the intro, really. the month between dvd releases is taking forever and an eternity, and i'm trying to restrain myself from downloading the fansubs. wish me luck.
Old 2004-07-21, 06:46   Link #10
Secca
nya`
*Artist

I finally watched the final episodes. I cannot really describe this series, because my word won't do justice at all. This series is just way too unique, and goes beyond my expectation. It didn't feel like I just watch an anime at all.

About the ending,
Spoiler for major spoiler don't click:

btw anyone know where i can find that song? or what's the title and singer?
Secca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-21, 14:30   Link #11
ne0_loki

Send a message via ICQ to ne0_loki Send a message via Yahoo to ne0_loki
Quote:
Originally Posted by Secca
btw anyone know where i can find that song? or what's the title and singer?
Thats Juno Reactor, and that group f'n jamz!!!

All there albums are good. I think that song is.... Guardian Angel, If I remember correctly and its on the album Bible of Dreams

If you like that song, you should definately check it out -I've been listening to this group for years, so you can imagine how psyched I was to hear this as the OP of a badass anime like this!
ne0_loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-21, 20:39   Link #12
kujoe
from head to heel

It's a cool series, and for a series that almost made me emotionally numb, I was actually sad and devasted for the fate of some of the characters. I love the style and the character designs--a balance of simplicity and appeal. In fact, it reminds me of the art of the Kenshin OVAs. And the ED exceptionally contrasts the series' gray monotony.

I just don't think it's something everyone can enjoy. However, while this series is worth owning in dvd, I don't think there's enough replay value to warrant a second viewing. Then again, there are times when you just have to watch an episode more than once to understand certain points. If the collector within you is willing, then by all means, make it a part of your dvd library.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-24, 06:17   Link #13
thelightandthedark
Ninja Hunter

The series is wonderful.

But I have to say and this is true with Lain, Haibane too - the stories always build up to a climax that is never fullfilled. He creates this amazing world and characters and plot but it never leads to a spectacular ending. The endings are always quite a letdown in a way. It was as if he doesn't really know where to go and he just finishes it the best way he can.

But maybe thats just his style and it just doesn't fit into traditional storytelling.

edit: I just remembered the last epsiode was great but I still feel like my criticism is relevent to the way he wraps the series up.

However the first episode is one of the best 1st epsidoes I have seen. Its perfect.
thelightandthedark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-26, 08:55   Link #14
Kaizoku Luffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ne0_loki
Thats Juno Reactor, and that group f'n jamz!!!

All there albums are good. I think that song is.... Guardian Angel, If I remember correctly and its on the album Bible of Dreams
No, it's not. The song used in the final scene of the final episode is called Walking Through the Empty Age, which can also be found on the series OST.
Kaizoku Luffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-28, 00:25   Link #15
CyberPunk

Texhnolyze:Retaliation...delayed?

i thought it was supposed to be released on the 24th, but none of the places i went to had it. do any of you guys know if it's out or not? if so, i might wanna try again after work tomorrow. thanks.
Old 2004-08-28, 22:52   Link #16
Sepiraph
Arayashiki

I think I watched about 10 episodes of the series, but then dropped it afterward. It just never really kept me interested as I dont find the story to be particularly engaging. It doesn't help that I didn't like any of the main characters in the story.

I dont think this series can really compare to Lain, as they are very, very different. I loved the sci-fi element and the suspense in Lain, whereas in Texhnolyze I found the sci-fi element to be more of a backdrop. Well I guess it just wasn't my cup of tea.
Sepiraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-10, 21:39   Link #17
ApathyEcstasy

can anyone here explain texhnolyze to me

i just watched like 11 minutes of episode 1 and i couldn't bare to watch anymore of it so can someone please layout for me how it ends? i read a lot of plot summaries and synopsis stuffz but none of them explain what happens at the end or why it happens or how it happens etc. or any other important milestones of the show
ApathyEcstasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-10, 21:46   Link #18
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

Why not just watch the series and try to figure things out for yourself?

Not to seem rude here but what exactly were you hoping to understand after 11 minutes of the first episode? Did you honestly think you'd gain some wonderous insight into the series and have all your questions answered from half an episode?
Mr_Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-10, 21:50   Link #19
jedinat
フリーター

Don't bother with it. It just get more disappointing the more you watch, only to finish at the lowest point of the show.

Spoiler for how it ends:
jedinat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-10, 21:53   Link #20
ApathyEcstasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Paper
Why not just watch the series and try to figure things out for yourself?

Not to seem rude here but what exactly were you hoping to understand after 11 minutes of the first episode? Did you honestly think you'd gain some wonderous insight into the series and have all your questions answered from half an episode?
i'm too tired and don't have the time to watch all 22 episodes or whatever it is....is it really too much to ask for you to explain the series to me so i can just read the jyst of it? who would watch anime for the purpose of gaining wonderous insight anyways...the only real reason to watch it is that it's fun and conveys emotions and messages...something i don't have the time for anymore...and you, good sir, certainly are being rude
ApathyEcstasy is offline   Reply With Quote