AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-06-22, 14:05   Link #201
White Manju Bun
Going to supermarket
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by karice67 View Post
Er...the family obviously covered up Seinoshin's kidnapping by releasing the story that he died, and I have no doubt that they actually interred nothing. However, because it was a cover-up, everyone else (Yagi included) would assume they did inter Seinoshin's remains at the family grave, and thus, that's where they'd go to pay their respects to him.
Ah duh I didnt think of it that way

Also since the Landlady commented that Yaichi's been acting odd since Masa showed up, you really have to wonder why Yaichi had him join to begin with?
- 11th Doctor.

"I am the bone of my sword."
-Archer
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-23, 03:41   Link #202
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
Ah duh I didnt think of it that way

Also since the Landlady commented that Yaichi's been acting odd since Masa showed up, you really have to wonder why Yaichi had him join to begin with?
Because Yaichi wants a friend. Masa is the closest thing to a friend that Yaichi has other than the brothel owner.
Old 2010-06-24, 13:45   Link #203
White Manju Bun
Going to supermarket
*Author

I dont think I can form words that describe what I just saw...

Spoiler for but I will try...epi 11:
- 11th Doctor.

-Archer
Old 2010-06-24, 19:17   Link #204
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Spoiler for episode 11:
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-25, 05:28   Link #205
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
Spoiler for episode 11:
Spoiler for Episode 11:
Old 2010-06-25, 09:55   Link #206
Haak
God Damn Christmas Songs

This is really getting intense. I was absolutely gobsmacked to see Yaichi actually lose his temper like that.
Old 2010-06-25, 10:27   Link #207
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Spoiler for 11:
Old 2010-06-25, 10:40   Link #208
White Manju Bun
Going to supermarket
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
Spoiler for episode 11:
I think Masa is doing it on purpose now since before when he said something and either Yaichi or the gang pointed it out he'd get all nervous, blush and look away. He didnt do any of that in this epi. I think he's simply one of those people who has to state the obvious but now he's comfortable enough with the Leaves that it doesnt bother him when they say he's being blunt.

@Shiro, Im with Kanon, I wasnt a big fan of the long hair which is why I didnt comment on it

I think Yaichi's boss knew thats how Yaichi would handle the situation so thats why he had him do it. He knew the others would be too "gentle" I guess.

Spoiler for speculation on 12:
- 11th Doctor.

-Archer
Old 2010-06-25, 11:00   Link #209
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
I think Yaichi's boss knew thats how Yaichi would handle the situation so thats why he had him do it. He knew the others would be too "gentle" I guess.

Yeah, that's probably the reason the Boss asked him to do it, but it was still shocking to see.

Old 2010-06-25, 12:11   Link #210
White Manju Bun
Going to supermarket
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Yeah, that's probably the reason the Boss asked him to do it, but it was still shocking to see.

Spoiler for speculation:
- 11th Doctor.

-Archer
Old 2010-06-25, 22:51   Link #211
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

So, so bloody brilliant, this show:

This series really is a wonder. Rarely have a seen a world so richly realized in a one-cour series - characters so deeply complex, so unhurried and patient a storytelling style. Tomomi Mochizuki is established as a genius in my book - and this series' connections to the first arc of Zettai Shounen are more clear than ever.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-26, 00:56   Link #212
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

@Kanon and WhiteManjuBun
Yaichi still has long hair - it's just that he has it in a topknot.

Quote:
Spoiler for speculation:
If you go back to episode 7 (?), you can quite clearly see the difference. The servant's grave is a lot simpler - I suppose it was something that Yagi had to pay for himself?

Spoiler for speculation:

This was definitely the best anime episode this week, at least amongst the series I'm watching. Can't wait to see how they wrap this arc up, though the way it's heading makes me wonder about the manga, because they surely can't have covered all the material that's out right? Not to mention that it's ongoing...

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.
- Patrick Stokes

karice's random translations (interviews, audio commentaries, manga, radio shows etc etc)

karice67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-26, 01:55   Link #213
White Manju Bun
Going to supermarket
*Author

Quote:
@Kanon and WhiteManjuBun
Yaichi still has long hair - it's just that he has it in a topknot.
I know but I think it looks better in the topnot
- 11th Doctor.

-Archer
Old 2010-06-26, 08:06   Link #214
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:

This was definitely the best anime episode this week, at least amongst the series I'm watching. Can't wait to see how they wrap this arc up, though the way it's heading makes me wonder about the manga, because they surely can't have covered all the material that's out right? Not to mention that it's ongoing...

The manga is ending in the July 24th issue of IKKI.
Old 2010-06-26, 11:00   Link #215
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
The manga is ending in the July 24th issue of IKKI.
Wah! already? So I'm guessing 8 volumes total. Ep 7 seems to correspond to the end of volume 2...which would mean they'll only have covered half of it?

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.
- Patrick Stokes

karice's random translations (interviews, audio commentaries, manga, radio shows etc etc)

Last edited by karice67; 2010-06-26 at 18:16.
karice67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-26, 13:11   Link #216
Kaoru Chujo
Kuno Misaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
...This series really is a wonder. Rarely have a seen a world so richly realized in a one-cour series - characters so deeply complex, so unhurried and patient a storytelling style. Tomomi Mochizuki is established as a genius in my book....
Well put. Nothing I've seen in a long while has this combination of a thoroughly adult and complex story with a presentation that keeps it vividly interesting at every moment.

The story may be told "patiently," but it never loses its sharpness of focus. This show is a good argument in favor of 12-episode series, it seems to me. That's comparing it with Mochizuki's Zettai Shounen and Touka Gettan (which he wrote). I loved both of those shows, but they could both have been tighter.
Kuno Misaki 久野美咲 age 21. 2009 - King of Thorn (Alie). 2010 - Oreimo (Bridget). 2012 - Black Rock Shooter (Hiro). 2013 - Problem children (Melln). Ro-Kyu-Bu! SS (Mimi), Log Horizon (Serara), Galilei Donna (Grande Rosso). 2014 - Noragami (Keiichi), Escha and Logy (Kuu), Zvezda Plot (Hoshimiya Kate/Venera-sama), Wixoss (Tama), Mahouka Koukou (Kasuga Nanami), Flag o Oraretara (Kurumiko), Nanana (Saki), Seven Deadly Sins (Hawk).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | autumn 2014 previews | autumn 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: Sailor Moon Crystal | Akatsuki no Yona | Amagi Brilliant Park | Coffin-Princess Chaika | Cross Ange | Daitoshokan no Hitsujikai | Danna ga Nani ga Itteru | Denkigai no Honya-san | Donten ni Warau | Fate/Stay Night UBW | Le Fruit de la Grisaia | Gugure! Kokkuri-san | Inou Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de | Madan no Ou to Vanadis | Orenchi no Furo Jijou | Seven Deadly Sins | Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso | Shirobako | Sora no Method | Tribe Cool Crew | Trinity Seven | Ushinawareta Mirai o Motomete | Wixoss
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-26, 17:55   Link #217
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

In my view, Zettai Shounen would have been a better series overall if it had ended after 13 episodes (i.e., the "Tama Arc"). I didn't dislike the second half but the exposition really didn't add anything vital to the story for me. In hindsight I'd have been happier if it had ended after the taut, wonderfully mystery-shrouded first arc.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-27, 00:38   Link #218
Joojoobees

The connection to Zettai Shounen was one of the reasons I picked this series up to begin with. The atmosphere that permeates both shows is so rich, it really gives me a feeling of these being real places. Plot-wise I would have to agree that Five Leaves has more impact by going straight for this drama then wrapping up.

Another show that made a big impression on me because it managed to suck me into its world, then delivered a powerful story, all in only 13 episodes, was Haibane Renmei (my all-time favorite).
Joojoobees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-27, 12:47   Link #219
White Manju Bun
Going to supermarket
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joojoobees View Post

Another show that made a big impression on me because it managed to suck me into its world, then delivered a powerful story, all in only 13 episodes, was Haibane Renmei (my all-time favorite).
Thats how I felt about Bokurano though it was longer, if I had to go with a shorter anime Id say Mononoke. Both and Haibane Renmei used excellent storyline to suck me in Five Leaves get the point across with story and character development which is hard to do most of the time.
- 11th Doctor.

-Archer
Old 2010-07-02, 04:30   Link #220
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I'd thought we'd have plenty of people talking about the last episode.
Spoiler for Episode 12:

Personally i'd say this show was the best of the spring season. It's not everyday you get a show with solid character development and a slow paced slice of life feel at the same time, and they both work so damn well together.

Tags
jidaigeki, manglobe, noitamina, seinen