AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Fullmetal Alchemist

View Poll Results: Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - Episode 41 Rating
Perfect 10 23 41.82%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 24 43.64%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 4 7.27%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 7.27%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-01-25, 22:42   Link #21
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support

Good stuff here. I was really surprised those chimeras knew what dynamite was made out of.

And seeing Rose again is making me think of the original anime again. I hated what happened to her in that one, messed up stuff. I hope she is okay and from the looks of it, she is. Guess she made it out of Lior in time or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
I'm really surprised to hear they didn't use Ed's critical moment in this episode as a cliffhanger, the way it was like in the manga. Kind of a waste, but oh well.
I was really surprised too. But I think they wanted to tie things together a little more. They can't always leave an episode off with the cliffhangers from the manga after all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoReverse View Post
Whoa, that scene where Ed is sealing off his bleeding actually didn't come off as narm and worked out very well.
It was good but it took way too long to pull that thing out. It should have been pulled out in slow motion as he thought about what he had to do. It seemed like it was a five foot pole coming out of his torso. There was a lot of blood too, glad they didn't cover that up.
Old 2010-01-25, 23:01   Link #22
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Good stuff here. I was really surprised those chimeras knew what dynamite was made out of.

And seeing Rose again is making me think of the original anime again. I hated what happened to her in that one, messed up stuff. I hope she is okay and from the looks of it, she is. Guess she made it out of Lior in time or something.
Don't worry she has an actual personality this time around instead of just being an object of forced pity.
Old 2010-01-26, 00:19   Link #23
GaimeGuy

Romi Paku and Megumi Takamoto continue to own as the voices of Ed and Winry.

Excellent episode. a perfect 10 imo.

Also: I loved how they made kimblee's eyes glow crimson red once Ed thinks he's won. Excellent use of crimson for the crimson alchemist ^_^

Last edited by GaimeGuy; 2010-01-26 at 12:20.
Old 2010-01-26, 00:25   Link #24
GaimeGuy

oh, and LOL @ how they had Ed's "antenna" perk up after he seals his wound
Old 2010-01-26, 02:20   Link #25
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaimeGuy View Post
Romi Paku and Megumi Toyoguchi continue to own as the voices of Ed and Winry.
Are you sure you're watching Brotherhood and not the first series?
Old 2010-01-26, 04:00   Link #26
blewin

wow, I didn't expect Ed to get so heavily injured as to almost die! The line when he said he just got shorter after falling into the mine is so damn hilarious.

And it appears Ed's found some allies among his enemies, cool.

I wonder how many years got taken off Ed's lifespan with that alchemy feat he did.

Chrome Shelled Regios
Old 2010-01-26, 07:32   Link #27
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_Babyy View Post
I thought I heard some new music? When Mei and them were still in the tunnel. Idk.
Nope, there were no new pieces of music in this episode.

Quote:
I loved how they made kimblee's eyes glow crimson red once Ed thinks he's won. Excellent use of crimson for the crimson alchemist ^_^
Yeah that was such a nice attention to the scene. Added a whole extra layer if you ask me, especially with Kimblee's line at the scene.
Old 2010-01-26, 10:48   Link #28
Dextro
He Without a Title

Send a message via Skype™ to Dextro
Quote:
Originally Posted by K_Babyy View Post
This episode seemed short to me for some reason, but it was very good. Animation looked nice as well.
That's just a natural occurrence when the episode is very good like this one: you get so wrapped up in the experience that you don't really notice time going by, it signals that the team did a great job of immersing the viewer in the episode.

As for me I thought it was a very good episode as well but there's one scene that prevents it from getting a perfect mark: the scene when Lion King and Donkey Kong are taking that steel girder out of Ed; It just didn't feel right that it should take so long. The screaming I can live with since it's fairly expected from Ed's character but like others have said it would possibly be even better if it was shown in slow motion with Ed thinking to himself instead of screaming.

Oh well but that's just nitpicking, it was overall a very good episode. So far I'm more than satisfied with Brotherhood. The style of the backgrounds had me a bit on the fence in the beginning but now I've really come to appreciate the overall art style of this adaptation and I can say I'm enjoying it more than the "original" anime (note: I'm not a manga reader).

Old 2010-01-26, 10:57   Link #29
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support

Next week's preview looks good. I wish they left out the last part with Roy, that would have made for a really good surprise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
That's just a natural occurrence when the episode is very good like this one: you get so wrapped up in the experience that you don't really notice time going by, it signals that the team did a great job of immersing the viewer in the episode.
I think it's very good when the episode feels long, but you're not bored. A really good series, with an exceptionally good episode, will have you so into it that when you see the eye catch, you'll be surprised that you're only half way done.
Old 2010-01-26, 11:02   Link #30
White Manju Bun
God of Calamity
*Author

Everyone talking while Yoki was stuck in the snow was funny.

I didnt have a problem with the chimera fight but I did keep thinking Hitman Gorilla 13 during it

Kimblee is ruthless, psychotic and brillant. I so love him
- 11th Doctor.

Many thanks to kaigan
for the sig.
Old 2010-01-26, 11:12   Link #31
Kristen
*Author
*AnimeSuki Site Staff

This show really needs to stop concentrating on Kimblee as an antagonist. He was much better in the 1st series, but now he's kind of a lot of mental warfare.

Where's Envy and Gluttony and Greed and Father and all the characters that made the 2nd arc so interesting?
Old 2010-01-26, 11:48   Link #32
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristen View Post
This show really needs to stop concentrating on Kimblee as an antagonist. He was much better in the 1st series, but now he's kind of a lot of mental warfare.
I like this one better. He has more depth and I think he is going to be a real big obstacle for Ed in the future.

Quote:
Where's Envy and Gluttony and Greed and Father and all the characters that made the 2nd arc so interesting?
I miss those two. It would be nice if he made Envy again, her and Gluttony make for a great team.

Maybe that's the reason for Winry growing up like she is - Lust isn't around anymore.
Old 2010-01-26, 11:49   Link #33
GaimeGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
Are you sure you're watching Brotherhood and not the first series?
oops
Old 2010-01-26, 11:52   Link #34
GaimeGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristen View Post

you do realize that Kimblee and all the people from central who have infiltrated briggs are in cahoots with father, right?
Old 2010-01-26, 11:59   Link #35
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support

Quote:
you do realize that Kimblee and all the people from central who have infiltrated briggs are in cahoots with father, right?
I disagree. Kimblee is his own man. He'll help Ed or attack Father if it meant helping him reach whatever goal he has.

And you may want to edit your post next time instead of double posting.
Old 2010-01-26, 12:04   Link #36
DaRkOneS

cool :P like this :P
Old 2010-01-26, 12:19   Link #37
GaimeGuy

Quote:
I disagree. Kimblee is his own man. He'll help Ed or attack Father if it meant helping him reach whatever goal he has.
well, yeah, except his goal is to basically enjoy himself while also observing the clash between homunculi and humans, aligning himself with the homunculi because they allow him to use his alchemy freely without any moral restrictions, and they also are the side more likely to win the clash, in his opinion.

So while you're right about Kimblee being his own man, that's exactly why he has aligned himself with the homunculi
Old 2010-01-26, 12:28   Link #38
Dextro
He Without a Title

Send a message via Skype™ to Dextro
Quote:
I think it's very good when the episode feels long, but you're not bored. A really good series, with an exceptionally good episode, will have you so into it that when you see the eye catch, you'll be surprised that you're only half way done.
I don't really see it that way. When a episode feels very long (and remember that we're talking about 24min episodes) it's a very bad sign. If you feel that feeling of "I'm only at the eye-catch?" when it comes it means the episode has been a drag for half of it's short run. On the other hand if you get that feeling of "We're at the eye-catch already?" it probably means that time flew by and the episode succeeded in immersing you in it. As the saying goes: "time flies when you're having fun".

But again that's just the way I see it.

Old 2010-01-26, 12:35   Link #39
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support

Quote:
well, yeah, except his goal is to basically enjoy himself while also observing the clash between homunculi and humans, aligning himself with the homunculi because they allow him to use his alchemy freely without any moral restrictions, and they also are the side more likely to win the clash, in his opinion.

So while you're right about Kimblee being his own man, that's exactly why he has aligned himself with the homunculi
Exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
I don't really see it that way. When a episode feels very long (and remember that we're talking about 24min episodes) it's a very bad sign. If you feel that feeling of "I'm only at the eye-catch?" when it comes it means the episode has been a drag for half of it's short run. On the other hand if you get that feeling of "We're at the eye-catch already?" it probably means that time flew by and the episode succeeded in immersing you in it. As the saying goes: "time flies when you're having fun".

But again that's just the way I see it.
The thing is that the episode doesn't drag on. You're not bored while watching it. There is so much going on and the way the episode is styled, there is a lot going on in that short time frame. I find that more often with dramas instead of action series.
Old 2010-01-26, 13:01   Link #40
Kristen
*Author
*AnimeSuki Site Staff

Quote:
I like this one better. He has more depth and I think he is going to be a real big obstacle for Ed in the future.

I miss those two. It would be nice if he made Envy again, her and Gluttony make for a great team.

Maybe that's the reason for Winry growing up like she is - Lust isn't around anymore.
Yeah, he most certainly has a lot more depth than the first series.

But the problem I have with him is his past and his present self don't seem to link up right. The past Kimblee was a psychopath bent of murder and war. The present one seems to not be into the psychopathic thing. More about analytical situations, and being submissive to those that let him go.

The first anime seemed to link the two together much much better, as he was still psychotic after jail time.

Either way, I found Envy/Gluttony to be much more entertaining antagonists. Actually, Envy has always been that way. Whenever she is involved in the story, it's always a lot more interesting than with the other characters. Maybe she just is the best plot device? I miss her. ;_;

Gaimeguy: I know he's doing the work for Father, but I really just am not interested in him.