AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2004-03-10, 16:56   Link #41
demosthenes
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: right outside your window
Age: 14
thats messed up. i have always lived i small towns. i miss mt. sc sucks

my physics instructor said "infinite is 4 inches" (refering to nucleions)
demosthenes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-10, 18:06   Link #42
Lexander
www.thefestlanders.com
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashibaka
Well, it is a fact, so I guess they can.

The silliest things I've ever heard are archived in Christians say the Darndest Things. You really can't get more ridiculous than Christian fundamentalists.
Micro evolution is a fact, but Macro evolution which is taught in some schools as one really isn't . So umm it's not a fact so i guess they can't.

In Alaska you can't look at a moose from an airplane :P.


Quote:
Originally Posted by JOJOS'STAR
I just heard that in Georgia ,a woman, a wall-Mart costomer had like 50.000$ of purchase when she gave a modest "1.000.000 dollar bill" at the cashier.. She apparently ask for the change..
i think it was like a 1,300 doller purchase ... but here's the great part ... when they were arresting her she insisted that the bill is real and that her husband got it at work.
Lexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-10, 18:11   Link #43
Shii
Afflicted by the vanities
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Fish-shape Paumanok
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexander
Micro evolution is a fact, but Macro evolution which is taught in some schools as one really isn't . So umm it's not a fact so i guess they can't.
I can tell that you didn't even read my website.

Also, do you support teaching the theory of gravity in schools? (yeah, yeah, )
__________________
Learn to define and spell mo
Shii (formerly known as ashibaka)
Shii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-10, 18:39   Link #44
Lexander
www.thefestlanders.com
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashibaka
I can tell that you didn't even read my website.

Also, do you support teaching the theory of gravity in schools? (yeah, yeah, )
umm yes i do, but i suppose it would make you happier if the THEORY of gravity was also taught as a fact ... and i did read your article and I think it belongs in this thread as some of the most ridiculous things. Link me to a site that doesn't have such an obvious bias towards evolution... stop for a second and look at his bibliography... give me a site with more FACTS than the rant of some idiot biologist. "Ohh we can't prove macroevolution is a fact so lets go ahead and say it's both"



In Iowa kisses may not last longer than 5 minutes , You're having an intimate moment with your sweetheart and Officer. Boon reads you your rights
Lexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-10, 19:01   Link #45
Shii
Afflicted by the vanities
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Fish-shape Paumanok
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexander
give me a site with more FACTS than the rant of some idiot biologist.
Can I change my vote for "most ridiculous thing you've ever heard"?
__________________
Learn to define and spell mo
Shii (formerly known as ashibaka)
Shii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-10, 19:11   Link #46
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: AnimeSuki Forums
Evolution is very similar to Gravity: we're sure it exists, but we don't really know how or why it works.
boneyjellyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-10, 19:14   Link #47
demosthenes
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: right outside your window
Age: 14
what is the point in arguing
when you trip you bust your face, when your dogs inbreed the start looking real ugly. what else is there to say
demosthenes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-10, 19:16   Link #48
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: AnimeSuki Forums
Quote:
Originally Posted by demosthenes
what is the point in arguing
when you trip you bust your face, when your dogs inbreed the start looking real ugly. what else is there to say
I must say, your debate skills are impeccable!
boneyjellyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-10, 19:17   Link #49
demosthenes
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: right outside your window
Age: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyjellyfish
I must say, your debate skills are impeccable!
why thank you very much
demosthenes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-10, 19:27   Link #50
JOJOS'STAR
Ero~Kairin! ^-^ Yeay!
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: ~ Montreal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexander
i think it was like a 1,300 doller purchase ... but here's the great part ... when they were arresting her she insisted that the bill is real and that her husband got it at work.
That's totaly amazing.. btw I ment 5,000 $ oups ^^ I wasen't sure anyway
Anyway THAT is a regular wall-mart costomer for sure
__________________
JOJOS'STAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-10, 19:29   Link #51
ShadowX114
is my nickname
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Canada
Age: 27
The most ridiculous thing I've ever heard was from an asian friend who told me that I'm an asian wanna-be because I like anime so much!!!
ShadowX114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-10, 19:34   Link #52
nak
Squishy
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: In your pocket.
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to nak
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowX114
The most ridiculous thing I've ever heard was from an asian friend who told me that I'm an asian wanna-be because I like anime so much!!!
AH!!! I'm asian but I hate it when ppl call non-asians that!! if you like anime you're an anime fan, aka otaku!! >_<

Now if you were trying to cook up some chinese noodles, carry a boxed lunch, eat rice everyday and rave to asian trance...he might have a lil lee-way wit that.

I hate it when ppl pose...other night at the club this asian guy tryin to act black said to me: "Hey ma, wanna light da fire and chill at my bangin crib?" I promptly laughed in his face...although I genuinely tried not to but come on ;_;
nak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-10, 19:48   Link #53
Lexander
www.thefestlanders.com
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowX114
The most ridiculous thing I've ever heard was from an asian friend who told me that I'm an asian wanna-be because I like anime so much!!!
I told my friend i watch anime ... he looked and said " dude i thought thats like an asians only thing..." then he thought about it for a second and said "well you are sorta asian ... i mean armenia is pretty close to middle east ... which is asia"

i thought ... BAKA! ... but just walked away ...

in the back: "dude what'd i say?"
Lexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-10, 19:52   Link #54
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Frth (GER)
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by nak
AH!!! I'm asian but I hate it when ppl call non-asians that!! if you like anime you're an anime fan, aka otaku!! >_<

Now if you were trying to cook up some chinese noodles, carry a boxed lunch, eat rice everyday and rave to asian trance...he might have a lil lee-way wit that.

I hate it when ppl pose...other night at the club this asian guy tryin to act black said to me: "Hey ma, wanna light da fire and chill at my bangin crib?" I promptly laughed in his face...although I genuinely tried not to but come on ;_;
well look at it like bad cosplay.... btw. bad cosplay can be ridiculous... but also can be insulting for the eyes.
Jinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-10, 19:53   Link #55
Shii
Afflicted by the vanities
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Fish-shape Paumanok
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by nak
AH!!! I'm asian but I hate it when ppl call non-asians that!! if you like anime you're an anime fan, aka otaku!! >_<
Otaku means "obsessive". In Japanese, it would evoke the image of a freak living in his parents' basement and watching hentai all day long.

I hate to admit it, but I sort of laugh when I see threads on forums such as AnimeNation about people being hated on for being "otaku".

edit: Oh, here comes kj1980 to clear things up...
__________________
Learn to define and spell mo
Shii (formerly known as ashibaka)
Shii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-10, 20:00   Link #56
nak
Squishy
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: In your pocket.
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to nak
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashibaka
Otaku means "obsessive". In Japanese, it would evoke the image of a freak living in his parents' basement and watching hentai all day long.

I hate to admit it, but I sort of laugh when I see threads on forums such as AnimeNation about people being hated on for being "otaku".

edit: Oh, here comes kj1980 to clear things up...
eto..ive had discussion threads about this in animenation...i understood it to mean anime fan here in the US. I'm aware of what it means regarding hyper-obsessive ppl in japan.
nak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-10, 20:05   Link #57
kj1980
kaii~...kana? kana?
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashibaka
Otaku means "obsessive". In Japanese, it would evoke the image of a freak living in his parents' basement and watching hentai all day long.

I hate to admit it, but I sort of laugh when I see threads on forums such as AnimeNation about people being hated on for being "otaku".

edit: Oh, here comes kj1980 to clear things up...
Broadly

You don't have to be a huge anime fan to be an "otaku."

Like you said, "otaku" means "obsessive" but not just on anime itself.

Therefore, you can be a "military otaku" if you are obsessed about artillery and firearms, "mecha otaku" if you are obsessed with high-tech gadgets, "audio otaku" if you are into high-end audio equipment, and "AV otaku" if you love to collect adult videos. Therefore, "otaku" in itself in English would be "obsessive fan of ~." If you want to generalize specifically in being an obsessive anime fan, you need to clarify "anime otaku."

But then, what constitutes the line between "fan," "mania," "collector," and "otaku?" Does someone who collects stamps be called a "kitte otaku" (kitte = stamp) or "kitte korekuta-" (stamp collector)?

Most Japanese generalize in order of severity of obsession as fan < mania < otaku. Hence, people who likes to watch anime can be called an "anime fan," whereas someone who goes to the extreme to buy several collections of 400,000 yen life-size anime dolls can be called an "anime otaku." But the lines of distinguishing them can be difficult.
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-10, 21:59   Link #58
ShadowX114
is my nickname
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Canada
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by nak
I hate it when ppl pose...other night at the club this asian guy tryin to act black said to me: "Hey ma, wanna light da fire and chill at my bangin crib?" I promptly laughed in his face...although I genuinely tried not to but come on ;_;
LOL true, I hate them too. One of my friend says "ye" for yes when we are chatting. He keeps calling himself a "P.I.M.P" and sometimes he do the WestSide sign with his hands. So In other words, he keeps acting like a black guy. That bugs me out! I can't support this. So we can say those are also the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.
ShadowX114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-10, 23:11   Link #59
dragonz20
Cantonese Dimples
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: North Jersey (near NY city)
Age: 36
Send a message via AIM to dragonz20
Or worse yet, how about when you see a bunch little asian punk kids in a computer cafe playing games and calling each other n*gger or n*ggah... Makes me wanna smack each and everyone one of them upside the head... I was hoping for a black gang to walk in haphazardly and hear it... That would have made it very interesting...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowX114
LOL true, I hate them too. One of my friend says "ye" for yes when we are chatting. He keeps calling himself a "P.I.M.P" and sometimes he do the WestSide sign with his hands. So In other words, he keeps acting like a black guy. That bugs me out! I can't support this. So we can say those are also the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.
__________________
"Pigs who defy Me will suffer the consequences of my Wrath..." -Morino Ibiki-
"In the Rain I was smiling. But I was really crying. I was really crying..." -Seta Soujiro-
"You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted,then used against you"
.
dragonz20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-11, 01:15   Link #60
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Age: 25
Send a message via AIM to hobobaggins
ridiculous.

physics teacher telling the entire class he wants them to take advantage of him.

and: same teacher

Teacher: she is pretty lose (with money)

Student (just walked in): stop talking about your wife that way.

oh ridiculous?

hmm... ass-white (well... the color of my ass anyway) asian wannabe (she says it, it is true) saying baka!~ in random parts of sentences... even though she can speak better japanese than i can (She is a year ahead)

that is up there.
hobobaggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
humor

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:32.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.