AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Nanoha

Notices

Old 2010-07-26, 16:52   Link #381
Hayate22
TSAB Enforcer

Send a message via AIM to Hayate22 Send a message via MSN to Hayate22
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarpObscura View Post
Damn, I hope someone puts up hi-res images of Rein's Bind Breaker...
You'll have to wait until someone actually decides to do it. Chances are at the moment low because of the fact is when it comes out, the whole issue of someone spending eight+ dollars, already having the previous DLC stuff and ripping it and putting it on the net is low. VERY low.

It's probably better to just buy it rather than anything else.
Hayate22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-27, 10:04   Link #382
WarpObscura
Bibliophile

Do I need:
a) all the previous DLCs?
b) cash from a Japanese PSN card? No other way to get the money usable with Japanese PSN?
c) ... what else? What do I need to do? :SS

Yo dawg, I heard you like QB...

Thanks MAEt for the av!
WarpObscura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-27, 13:54   Link #383
Hayate22
TSAB Enforcer

a) Not all DLC, technically I think you can get by with just one of them. However in order to get all the random character interactions between the individual DLCs, you have to have all of them.

b) I believe so, there are ways to purchase PSN cards. Though I'm not sure about other methods. If there are, someone most like has already explained it somewhere on the net.

c) Your PSP has to be updated in either official software or cracked ware. If it's not fully updated it won't work properly. Also since you will be using the Japanese PSN account to use this you'll have to activate the 'Game' portion of the system to that. So that means you'll be stuck with the Japanese PSN as the primary account every time you want to use the Nanoha DLC stuff. If you have downloaded PSP games on your American PSN account, you'll have to reactivate the Game portion of the system to that account in order to use your American downloaded games.
Old 2010-07-28, 18:09   Link #384
Aaron008R

Quote:
Originally Posted by JINNSK View Post
From DENGEKI ONLINE

http://news.dengeki.com/elem/000/000/283/283852/
The final DLC comes out on July 29.
Everybody run along. I'm not blocking the way.
Please don't mind me. I'm just ogling...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh yeah. I've been able to borrow my cousin's PSP for a while and managed to play this game. I'll admit that the fighting system ain't that revolutionary but the fun factor was definitely there, specially if you're a fan of the series.

Here are some of the things I've noticed...

Spoiler for Spoilers:

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2

Last edited by Aaron008R; 2010-07-29 at 15:15.
Aaron008R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-28, 21:02   Link #385
ZeroIchiNi

Send a message via AIM to ZeroIchiNi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
Spoiler for Spoilers:

Reply is in the quote.

Last edited by ZeroIchiNi; 2010-07-28 at 22:45.
ZeroIchiNi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-30, 03:22   Link #386
Bananoha
♨(ゝω・)v

Aww yeah, Vita's route was awesome. Except my ears were kind of aching, but still awesome.

NOT HIGH RES BUT BETTER THAN NOTHING AND I won't be able to get PSN card 'til October or my friend fixes issues with her bank and paypal. orz

So er, I haven't really pushed myself to try and transcribe Reinforce route since Password has disappeared. I'll try to get back into it, really depends on how much blood I have. Hopefully getting BBCS on Saturday, so training mode with Rachel will suck out a lot of blood. No pun intended.

Also, my face when I'm behind 14+ 4koma from a certain dood.

少し頭冷やそうか?
Bananoha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-30, 11:14   Link #387
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Someone have pics of Signum's route?
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-30, 13:34   Link #388
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Is there any information on the Nanoha Wikia for the game? Well, I shouldn't say "any information", I mean the detailed information that you guys have been working on. Would be easier to find at the wikia, really...

Plus, what's this about Vita?

I really didn't care to listen to the pre and post battle stuff, since I can't understand Japanese.

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-30, 14:44   Link #389
Hayate22
TSAB Enforcer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanya01 View Post
Is there any information on the Nanoha Wikia for the game? Well, I shouldn't say "any information", I mean the detailed information that you guys have been working on. Would be easier to find at the wikia, really...

Plus, what's this about Vita?

I really didn't care to listen to the pre and post battle stuff, since I can't understand Japanese.
There's not much info that could be translated due to it being on a 'whoever wants to do it' basis. So some of us doing some of the translations for the game itself is pretty much a good thing for others.

But what kind of information were you looking for in terms of details?
Old 2010-07-31, 02:06   Link #390
Hayate22
TSAB Enforcer

Reinforce's ending phrase for her Vinette clock..."desu"

Let's see typical Bind Breaker...Reinforce fans might get a few nose bleeds from her voice...

Anyway onto the Final Vinette Clock update.

Reinforce's Vinette Clock
New costume for everyone: Santa-san outfits

Snowball Fight:
Pass: Reinforce comes in, two snowballs land near her feet, she throws three back, she's pleased to see that she got her target
Fail: Reinforce comes in, two snaowballs land near her feet, she throws three back, but gets hit and knocked down.
=With Nanoha:
Pass: Reinforce and Nanoha walking along, snowballs lands near feet, Nanoha annoyed, then cheers Reinforce as she attacks back, successful in doing so, Nanoha claps and Reinforce is happy too
Fail: Reinforce and Nanoha walking along, snowball lands near feet, Nanoha annoyed, then cheers Reinforce as she attacks back, but then Reinforce gets hit while Nanoha ducks.

Magic on Snow Bunny:
Pass: She uses magic on the snow bunny, snow bunny hops around, she's pleased
Fail: She uses magic on the snow bunny, snow bunny does a "!?" and hops away.
=With Fate:
Pass: Reinforce uses magic, Fate cheers, snow bunny hops around, both are happy, Fate clapping
Fail: Reinforce uses magic, Fate cheers, snow bunny does a "!?" and hops away

Magic on the falling snow:
Pass: She looks up, uses magic, turns the big round snow, into snow flakes shapes, she's happy
Fail: She looks up, uses magic, only to summon a blizzard that blows her away
=With Hayate-chan:
Pass: She looks up, Hayate cheers on as Reinforce uses magic, successful in change the round snow into snowflakes, both are happy
Fail: She looks up, Hayate cheers on as Reinforce uses magic, instead summons the blizzard that blows Reinforce away while Hayate ducks in fright.

Sitting in a Igloo:
Pass: She takes a sip of the warm drink with her eyes closed, hearts appear and she's happy
Fail: She takes a sip of the warm drink, hearts appear with her eyes open, she does it again, kinda spaces out and soon falls asleep.
=With Signum:
Pass: Both sitting in the igloo, both drink the warm drink, Reinforce takes another sip of the warm drink with her eyes open, both get up and Signum leaves with Reinforce waving bye.
Fail: Both sitting in the igloo, both drink the warm drink, Reinforce takes another sip with her eyes closed, both take their drinks and nod at the same time.

Making a snow man:
Pass: She rolls a ball of snow twice across the screen and she succeeds in making one right.
Fail: She rolls a ball of snow three times across the screen, end result she made the bottom part too big.
=With Vita:
Pass: Both Vita and Reinforce roll two balls of snow across the screen twice, end result is they make a good snowman
Fail: Both Vita and Reinfroce roll two balls of snow across the screen three times, end up making a way too big snowman.

Magic on herself:
Pass: She uses magic on herself, is transformed into a snow bunny, and is hopping around
Fail: She uses magic on herself, is transformed into Vita's bunny, and can barely do any hopping.
=With Shamal:
Pass: Shamal staring to the left, alluva sudden another Shamal appears in shock as the Shamal on the left turns around and does magic, Shamal on the right ducks in fright, but it turns out the one on the left is Reinforce.
Fail: Shamal staring to the left, alluva sudden another Shamal appears in shock as the Shamal on the left turns around and does magic, Shamal on the right ducks in fright, but the one on the left turns into Vita's bunny. Reinforce appears again suffering defeat, Shamal tries to consols.

Nanoha Vinette Clock
Reading books with Reinforce:
Pass: Both are reading books, Nanoha answers the phone, giggles, then both return to reading
Fail: Both are reading books, Nanoha texts back, giggles, then both return to reading

Fate Vinette Clock
Blowing bubbles with Reinforce:
Pass: Fate is blowing bubbles, Reinforce enjoys this, and Fate finishes with both enjoyin the moment
Fail: Fate is blowing bubbles, Reinforce enjoys this, and then Reinforce tries to join, but two bubbles just pop at the same time surprising them. Reinforce is slightly despairing from that.

Hayate Vinette Clock
Picking out a cake with Reinforce:
Pass: Hayate-chan is trying to choose a cake, Reinforce gets an idea, brings out one piece of cake on a tray, Hayate-chan is happy about it.
Fail: Hayate-chan is trying to choose a cake, Reinforce gets an idea, brings out alot of cakes on a tray, surprises Hayate-chan, Hayate-chan making a mention that it's too much.

Signum Vinette Clock
Rolling a big red ball with Reinforce:
Pass: Signum rolls a big ball, at the end is Reinforce, Signum gets in front of the ball and kicks it away. Both are relieved a bit.
Fail: Signum rolls a big ball, at the end is Reinforce, Reinforce turns around, shocked to see what is coming and is being chased by the big ball without Signum realizing she's pushing the ball after Reinforce

Vita Vinette Clock
Pool treasure diving with Reinforce:
Pass: Reinforce looks curiously at Vita as she jumps in. As Vita dives in and out of the water with Reinforce cheering. Vita succeeds in getting a diamond with Reinforce clapping.
Fail: Reinforce looks curiously at Vita as she jumps in. Vita takes one dive attempt with Reinforce cheering, but Reinforce walks off to the left. After the second dive, Reinforce appears floating in the water, on the third, Vita finds nothing and is disappointed with Reinforce close by.

Shamal Vinette Clock
Magic on a flower with Reinforce:
Pass: Shamal uses magic, Reinforce curious, the magic causes the flower to bloom, both are happy.
Fail: Shamal uses magic, Reinforce curious, flower disappears and a large cake appears in its place after dropping in. Shamal disappointed and annoyed, Reinforce scratching her cheek.

That's it for the DLC of MSLN A's Portable: The Battle of Aces. Enjoy any of you who do get all seven DLC character packs.
Old 2010-07-31, 19:24   Link #391
Bananoha
♨(ゝω・)v

Not going to read that because I'll just ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff I'd seriously pay ~2k for that damned Nanoha DLC because I want Nanoha and Reinforce to play with each other. ._.
Quote:
Nagumo could have given us summaries on the Sound Stages instead of translating line by line (ry
Only message boards talk about the actual story of the game. Everywhere else is about the game itself ― who you fight going through Story mode for each character, how to get the MaterialS, combos/movelists, strategies blahblahblah

This is the only place I've seen with some scripts. And of course, they've only done Nanoha and Fate. This has some of what the MaterialS say.

Hokay, maybe I should aim for one route every one or two weeks starting.... Tomorrow night, hopefully. /tries to find headset

少し頭冷やそうか?
Bananoha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-31, 22:15   Link #392
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayate22 View Post
There's not much info that could be translated due to it being on a 'whoever wants to do it' basis. So some of us doing some of the translations for the game itself is pretty much a good thing for others.

But what kind of information were you looking for in terms of details?
Well, mostly information on the Materials and the Wolkenritter's backstory, that's all.

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-01, 01:48   Link #393
Hayate22
TSAB Enforcer

Quote:
Well, mostly information on the Materials and the Wolkenritter's backstory, that's all.
Okay, I might be able to explain this...

Spoiler for Long read of info for Wolkenritter and Material, plus extremely short summaries of game's storylines:

-breathes out a bit-

That's pretty much it on info. Though I might have may have said something wrong in the course of typing this info up.
Old 2010-08-01, 02:49   Link #394
ZeroIchiNi

Send a message via AIM to ZeroIchiNi
That was good information Hayate22.

To me I always thought that Nanoha's particular event that Material-S was based on was when her father got injured being left alone and have no one to interact with causing her to be lonely and independent, and from the Movie Manga, Useless and want to do something.

after hearing all these background of the characters I want 7Arcs to stop refusing to explore Yuuno's back story. He only appeared in Nanoha's storyline from what I remembered.
ZeroIchiNi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-01, 04:22   Link #395
Hayate22
TSAB Enforcer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroIchiNi View Post
That was good information Hayate22.

To me I always thought that Nanoha's particular event that Material-S was based on was when her father got injured being left alone and have no one to interact with causing her to be lonely and independent, and from the Movie Manga, Useless and want to do something.

after hearing all these background of the characters I want 7Arcs to stop refusing to explore Yuuno's back story. He only appeared in Nanoha's storyline from what I remembered.
Ever since his role got shafted after A's. His character history was pretty simple. Just based on the anime alone and some parts of the manga comics. He doesn't seem to have much of a past that would touch us unless 7Arcs decides to do something about it.

If I can sum up his history so far.

Comes from a family of scholars, technically the person who starts the Jewel Seed Incident/Precia Testarossa Incident because of his discovery of the Jewel Seeds. Teacher of Nanoha who holds immense potentional for magic. Soon became a well known scholar over the years after his assistance with the Book of Darkness Incident. He assists the TSAB in matters that concern certain issues like the Jail Incident

Rather just based on my summary. His past would be dull compared to his participation in the MSLN series. He got involved in three different Incidents so far which an extraordinary set of events with each having dangerous if not deadly possiblities with them. For a guy from a scholar family, I think his role getting shafted was a good thing. Or we'd be seeing a somewhat lame 'Indiana Jones' parody here. Most of his interesting history would just be from the three Incidents alone. That and the fact that I know there are some people who wanted to see if Yuuno and Nanoha would get together at some point before StrikerS showed that their relationship is still just friends.
Old 2010-08-01, 07:28   Link #396
Megaolix

You know, I kept hearing before that the only thing vanishing was Reinforce's Unison abilities. Since when did it change for herself dying? Because frankly, you're going to tell me many know what's happening, yet no one do anything to try to prevent it?

That doesn't make any sense for me.
Old 2010-08-01, 10:00   Link #397
Hayate22
TSAB Enforcer

Technically since this game isn't really completely canon due to A's issue of Reinforce having to be destroyed in order to protect Hayate-chan.

I think what's going on is this. Let me revise what I said earlier about Reinforce a bit.

---------------------------------------

During Reinforce's storyline along with others.

Reinforce after the events of A's, instead of havivng to be destroyed. It seems that she turned out to be allright after that. Though the one thing that happened for sure was that most of the magic that Reinforce had, now belongs to Hayate-chan. With the issue of herself not being able to do much else. During the course of this, Hayate-chan and the Wolkenritter are concerned about her due to the amount of damage she took before. Since she is no longer at her best state they want to watch out for her. At the end, Reinforce makes the point that since her magic will probably disappear and Reinforce might become a simple person instead. Reinforce makes the suggestion that in order to fully support Hayate-chan, Reinforce Zwei should be born for the duties of supporting Hayate-chan in the future.

Reinforce is pretty much a tome, though she also doubles as a Unison Device, however due to the transfer of magic and the amount of damage she took. Reinforce becomes less suitable for the job. Reinforce Zwei takes that position later. Though this is yet another what if scenario that is placed before us to give us a "What if Reinforce is still alive and well, more or less, and in the future Reinforce Zwei will join them soon?" type feel.

Also this is probably just a reaction from one of the Sound Stages when Reinforce Zwei has a dream about Reinforce. Reinforce speaking about how she wished to be with Hayate-chan and the others and such, Reinforce Zwei reacting to the sad story behind Reinforce. Reinforce speaks of duty and asking Reinforce Zwei to protect the others before she disappears again.

------------------------------------------

I think what's going on is the fact that I believe some people were trying to keep Reinforce's character in canon based on the A's anime. You know trying to put the game's events right before Reinforce's final act.

Though until Reinforce's story gets truly translated, this is all educated guess work. Though I am pretty confident that my vocal Japanese is good enough to translate what they said during the storylines.
Old 2010-08-01, 10:41   Link #398
Megaolix

Now that does make more sense. My belief is that this is an alternate continuity and Reinforce does not die in the end.

But yeah, someone really need to translate's Reinforce story so that we're finally clear on that.
Old 2010-08-01, 11:03   Link #399
Hayate22
TSAB Enforcer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaolix View Post
Now that does make more sense. My belief is that this is an alternate continuity and Reinforce does not die in the end.

But yeah, someone really need to translate's Reinforce story so that we're finally clear on that.
It is actually, rather at the point when the Book of Darkness's Darkness is destroyed, that's where the fork occurs and has the whole Reinforce not needing to die for Hayate-chan's sake.

In the A's anime it was the issue of the recovery aspect of the tome that would create a new berserk defense program that would cause Reinforce to go berserk at the same time and she would unwantly, immediately kill Hayate-chan from a result of immediately devouring her Linker Core.

In the PSP game, the issue seems to have been taken out of the question due to game's fact that the creation of a new berserk defense program now being no longer a problem for them through some stroke of luck that when the separation of the berserk defense program was completely removed from Reinforce, no longer apart of the tome's main programs. Reinforce would then have pretty be around as long as Hayate-chan's natural life span lasts. Though her abilities as Hayate-chan's support would diminish eventually, and from the looks of it pretty soon. Reinforce Zwei would the be new addition of the Yagami family and pretty much happy days for them. Instead of A's anime of the painful farewell and moving on after that.

This game has to have been dedicated to Reinforce since her popularity with fans. It gives us that what if she could still live and such. Give Reinforce her 'true happy ending' Where she can be with the others, living happily and peacefully without having to be forced to fight like before. Watching over the Yagami family peacefully with them, unlike before when she, as the tome, could only watch the Wolkenritter live peacefully until the events of A's spun out of their control.

To be honest, I believe Reinforce has the saddest storyline of all the characters. A once cursed tome that used to be meant for just collecting knowledge, was misused and reprogrammed to grant massive power, only to go berserk and kill the master shortly afterwards and cause destruction after that before being reincarnated to the next master. Committing the same acts of death and destruction over and over again. Until meeting Hayate-chan who affected all their lives, though only to have to say goodbye to her kind master because the happiness she managed to gain in that short moment of time would not last due to one aspect about her that she feared would kill Hayate-chan no matter what. Reinforce's final act to protect Hayate-chan, the Wolkenritter, and everyone who helped them would cost her future happiness and her life.

That's why I believe this game's is more meant for the Reinforce fans.
Old 2010-08-14, 16:09   Link #400
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

http://readman0.blog37.fc2.com/blog-entry-390.html

Is this related with some of the DLC content of the game o.o?
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote