AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Old 2010-10-25, 21:19   Link #81
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by shichi-chan View Post
Sorry for double post, no one is talking

Does anyone have the name of those two Maniwa Ninja guys that are featured in Maniwagatari? like those two Cricket/Cicada dudes, one is green and other is brown.
真庭 春蝉(マニワ ハルゼミ) - Maniwa Haruzemi

真庭 松蝉(マニワ マツゼミ) - Maniwa Matsuzemi
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-26, 18:22   Link #82
shichi-chan
Mippa~

Thank you for that.
Old 2010-11-21, 16:08   Link #83
Bacun

I don't understand the ending that people are spoiling. There are so many little bits of spoilers here and there that it's hard to piece together. Can someone give a clear synopsis of the 12th book?

Spoiler:

Thanks, very much appreciated!
Bacun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-07, 23:10   Link #84
Growly

Hi!
I know it's a little bit late, but i just finished to watch Katanagatari series and there is one thing that i don't understand. I hope someone who have read the original story can explain me that.
Why, why did Shichika kill shogun??? Beacause of what reason??? And axample of what he wantwd to do???
His last action makes absolutely no sense...
Growly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-08, 06:05   Link #85
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Growly View Post
Hi!
I know it's a little bit late, but i just finished to watch Katanagatari series and there is one thing that i don't understand. I hope someone who have read the original story can explain me that.
Why, why did Shichika kill shogun??? Beacause of what reason??? And axample of what he wantwd to do???
His last action makes absolutely no sense...

Actually he kill the Shogun,because this was the will of Togame..and everything that has happened to Togame...was the Shogun fault..

And he kill the Shogun screaming Cheerio!... because Togame want that the word Cheerio became important in Japan...however..even if he has kill the Shogun with using a word Cheeiro, this word hasn't become famous as Togame wanted...
Old 2011-12-08, 07:13   Link #86
Growly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merilyn Mensola View Post
Actually he kill the Shogun,because this was the will of Togame..and everything that has happened to Togame...was the Shogun fault..

And he kill the Shogun screaming Cheerio!... because Togame want that the word Cheerio became important in Japan...however..even if he has kill the Shogun with using a word Cheeiro, this word hasn't become famous as Togame wanted...
O, thank you Just as i thought. Shichika became bad guy This smile can't really show how sad i am right now.
Old 2011-12-08, 07:16   Link #87
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Growly View Post
O, thank you Just as i thought. Shichika became bad guy This smile can't really show how sad i am right now.

No..Shichika didn't became a bad guy...the bad guy..was the Shogun...
Old 2011-12-08, 14:18   Link #88
Growly

Yes... maybe... but Shichika also killed lot, i mean, lot of innocent people. Am i wrong or only bad guys do so?
Old 2011-12-08, 16:06   Link #89
Yolks

I haven't seen the show for a while, but from what I remember he kills the shogun because

1. He wants to die and defy the order that Togame gave him to be free and live, only because he had fallen madly in love with her.
2. That was the original intent of Togame, to kill the shogunate. Togame had been collect the 12 swords with Shichika in order to kill the shogunate in the end.

However, the point of the story was to point out the Togame's quest for revenge was really a useless one. She had become so unforgiving that she was will to even sacrifice her own self and many of the things dear to her in order to attain her revenge. Killing the shogunate really did absolutely nothing, as another was immediately installed afterward. The killing of those countless people made no shift in anything at all.

But, that isn't to say that there isn't a bright side to the story. Togame's plan failed, but she did end up falling in love with Shichika and he fell in love with her. Although she was not able to redeem herself in her lifetime, she was able to give a "sword" (Shichika) a soul. She lived a tragic life but did not regret it due to her meeting with Shichika.

And to your final question of killing a lot of people, no character in story is free from the guilt of death. (mostly) Shichika could have killed the entirety of Japan and broken millions of swords to no avail or meaning. But his meeting with Togame did do that for him, a sense of purpose I suppose. So...although it is on the sad side, there is a happy bit to this story. Hope that leaves you somewhat more...fulfilled.
Yolks is offline   Reply With Quote