AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-02-02, 17:28   Link #281
Noe
HARDCORE Fate addict™

Send a message via AIM to Noe Send a message via MSN to Noe
Hm..wonder why Clare can't fully awaken.

ALL HAIL FATE T. HARLAOWN!
#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net to revere, share, and cherish Fate Testarossa Harlaown.
My blog
Old 2010-02-02, 17:45   Link #282
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

Oh hey, Clare gains flight ability with her new blood wings.

DOCKING MODE~
Old 2010-02-02, 17:47   Link #283
MalakTawus

Imo it's quite obvious that Claire loves Raki too......
Old 2010-02-02, 17:48   Link #284
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalakTawus View Post
Imo it's quite obvious that Claire loves Raki too......
Well, her words don't really seem to show it right now.

I wonder if their will suddenly be this boom in Raki/Priscilla fics after this chapter

As for Raki's name, I am aware of the other translations...that doesn't overrule that calling him "Lucky" is just plain stupid .

As for why Priscilla didn't recognize when his name popped up, good question, she could simply be too precopied with her own thoughts right now. That's my idea anyway.
Old 2010-02-02, 17:54   Link #285
SagaraSouske

Not sure if Clare loves Raki in a romantic way but I think Raki's impact on her is nearly as big as Teresa. She loves them both.
Old 2010-02-02, 17:58   Link #286
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SagaraSouske View Post
Not sure if Clare loves Raki in a romantic way but I think Raki's impact on her is nearly as big as Teresa. She loves them both.
I'm honestly back and forth about it. Sometimes I see it as romance, others, I see their love as something different; that they both see eachother as the thing they need to keep them going in this crazy world. Claire is his savior, and Raki keeps her human.

Romance or not, both of them are practically the raison d'etre for eachother. Maybe not entirely, but almost at least, they are both living for eachother....or rather, Raki is, Claire just wants to make sure he's okay.

Reminds me of Claire and Teresa, and how Teresa dropped her off at what she believed was a safe village to say goodbye. Of course, that "goodbye" didn't last very long.
Old 2010-02-02, 18:01   Link #287
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaat!?

I expected more, I'm disappointed. At least we know what the scent is that Priscilla was following - Clare, or to be more precise - Teresa! BUM-BUM-BUMMMMM!!!

That end sure did confused us, huh?

And I really hate the cheesy editor comments at the end. They are always so lame.
Old 2010-02-02, 18:06   Link #288
irvinethearcher
Angriest Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolailo View Post
Both Clare and Priscila, are the most predictable and boring characters in the whole manga. I hope they kill each other, now that would be unexpected
I'd rather have Yuma as a protagonist.

Claymore needs to move on to another topic and have everybody shut up about Clare, Raki, Priscila and Teresa.
Yeah it's the same with berserk: guts is a boring char too including griffith. Miura should kill them all and spend more time with rickert . Yeah clare's awakening against rigardo was really predictable and how she fought against ophelia too. And when she jumped after theresa, i predicted that too. clare is a deterministic finite state machine
Old 2010-02-02, 18:10   Link #289
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaat!?

I expected more, I'm disappointed. At least we know what the scent is that Priscilla was following - Clare, or to be more precise - Teresa! BUM-BUM-BUMMMMM!!!

That end sure did confused us, huh?

And I really hate the cheesy editor comments at the end. They are always so lame.
Actually we don't know if Teresa is involved at all, we just know Claire is so far.

The whole chapter confused me, the end was nothing . At least with the end, it seems likely Rafaela has something to do with it.

And yes, I really really hate it when the editor puts snide or silly comments in the middle of the chapter, unless it's to help with terms or something.
Old 2010-02-02, 18:19   Link #290
Seska

Well, for me it looks like an "forced" Shutdown from Claires state. And how is capable of doing so? How of Claires Allys? What Battle Nun is that? i wonder...
Old 2010-02-02, 18:23   Link #291
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
Actually we don't know if Teresa is involved at all, we just know Claire is so far.

The whole chapter confused me, the end was nothing . At least with the end, it seems likely Rafaela has something to do with it.

And yes, I really really hate it when the editor puts snide or silly comments in the middle of the chapter, unless it's to help with terms or something.
Well, why would she be drawn to Clare? She was a human child at the time, she didn't give off any youki or anything. Unless it's literally her scent, haha.

The chapter flowed though. The fight and everything. It was the sudden end. We all knew Clare would do something rash. I just hate how in one frame she is transformed and in the next she is not. It wish there would be two small ones showing her going back. Or a burst of youki blocking the view or something.

Those comments are for most part, are bad. I've only found them to be good half the time in drama and none of the time when there is action. lol.
Old 2010-02-02, 18:32   Link #292
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Well, why would she be drawn to Clare? She was a human child at the time, she didn't give off any youki or anything. Unless it's literally her scent, haha.
That's what we're trying to figure out

And yes, scent isn't a metaphor or anything.

Quote:
The chapter flowed though. The fight and everything. It was the sudden end. We all knew Clare would do something rash. I just hate how in one frame she is transformed and in the next she is not. It wish there would be two small ones showing her going back. Or a burst of youki blocking the view or something.
Dramatic effect.

Actually, Claire didn't act half as crazy as I thought she did. She actually explained everything to Helen and Deneve whereas I thought she would be "RARRRRR" the whole way through.
Old 2010-02-02, 18:39   Link #293
Tevourious

Oh weird, I just figured Priss cut her up. I've yet to read the actual translation. That someone shut her down, that suprised me. If that is indeed what happened. Battle Nun, could possibly do it...maybe.

Or perhaps even.... crap which of the seven was the controller. I can't remember. Tabitha? I don't think Miss Twin Tower is even sentinent enough to do that.

Perhaps it's Clare's inner Teresa that shut her down, to avoid getting herself killed. Who know's at this point.

As for Raki.....god I have a dreadful fear of where thats going. Make him a monster that needs to be put down if need be. But don't turn him into some awesome badas for no good damn reason.

As for Raki/Clare. Weird relationship. I'd say she had a older sister relationship with him. But then she kissed him. But that coulda been something to throw him off enough to leave. Kinda like when Mitsuko kissed Shinji after she was shot. Any romantic feelings on Clare's part is just creepy and pedophilic. If she met him now and developed feelings like that, then okay while weird, not too creepy.

Think Padme and Anakin... Eps 1 Creepy shit, he's like 10 and she's 15-16. Then all of a sudden they're in love!! Keep in mind she hadn't seen him at all for all those years then suddenly LETS HORN And get married. It's simply not right.
Old 2010-02-02, 18:44   Link #294
theevilanimal
ABducting claymores

Did anyone notice how there is only seven swords in the cover? Where is deneve's other sword? Does this have a meaning or it is a hint toward something?
Cynthia is far away in the background and Yuma is being just after deneve in terms of proximity. Are they randomly placed or is Yagi trying to tell us something? Could their positions on the cover be any indicative of their power levels? Cynthia looks barely recognizable and she is not clenching her fists like the others. Whats does this mean?
Old 2010-02-02, 18:47   Link #295
elyK

I finally read the chapter, though I suppose there was more to look at than read this time. It was nice to see Clare have her wits about her somewhat this time around. Also nice face smash by Priscilla(kick her up and then down, very acrobatic). One question though, how did Clare lose two chunks from her body when she attacked Priscilla? Priscilla must have kicked her or attacked in between Clare's attacks, but Clare cuts Priscilla's arm off and then suddenly in the next panel has two big pieces of herself missing. No doubt Priscilla did it but I guess it was weird it wasn't shown.
Old 2010-02-02, 18:57   Link #296
MisterJB
Warden of the West

Quote:
I wonder if their will suddenly be this boom in Raki/Priscilla fics after this chapter
I think Priscilla/Clare is canon now.
Old 2010-02-02, 19:09   Link #297
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Think Padme and Anakin... Eps 1 Creepy shit, he's like 10 and she's 15-16. Then all of a sudden they're in love!! Keep in mind she hadn't seen him at all for all those years then suddenly LETS HORN And get married. It's simply not right.
What's not right?

The relationship? why not? What's wrong with it?

Elyk, Priscilla attacks so fast, the hits are usually just shown as blurs.
Old 2010-02-02, 19:26   Link #298
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Dude wtf? Her half awaken form is still the same from before.

Didn't Riful say once Clare got more powerful...which she is now...that her awakened form would be different or whatever? Clare's awakened parts are clearly still the same.
Old 2010-02-02, 19:29   Link #299
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
Dude wtf? Her half awaken form is still the same from before.

Didn't Riful say once Clare got more powerful...which she is now...that her awakened form would be different or whatever? Clare's awakened parts are clearly still the same.
No, it's always the same; she only said the power would increase, if she trained more as a Claymore.
Old 2010-02-02, 19:45   Link #300
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Quote:
No, it's always the same; she only said the power would increase, if she trained more as a Claymore.
Ohh. So her awakened form is the same no matter what?