AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Durarara!!

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-06-26, 11:23   Link #241
DurararaFTW
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Maybe, I know that Mikado admits to being the Dollars leader in the open in front of Kadota to a certain ladiesman (who didn't believe him) at the end of the sixth novel and the other three may have been around at the time, dunno for sure but I think it's common knowledge at this point. I know for sure that even Shizuo knows he is the Dollars leader. He certainly didn't hear it directly, not to my knowledge at least.
DurararaFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-27, 13:12   Link #242
LastResolve
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: athens
btw will kida ever be back also will mikado be usefull for once lol
__________________
LastResolve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-27, 14:39   Link #243
DurararaFTW
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by LastResolve View Post
btw will kida ever be back also will mikado be usefull for once lol
Kida comes back at then end of the 6th novel (doesn't get time to do anything until the 8th though). Mikado useful? Welll, he becomes effective later on. I dunno how useful he is.
DurararaFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-27, 14:45   Link #244
Bangirasu
Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy Waters View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Bangirasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-27, 15:15   Link #245
Iron Maw
Devil Buster
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by LastResolve View Post
btw will kida ever be back also will mikado be usefull for once lol
He saved Mika and helped Cetly locate her head for the first time in 20 years, that's pretty damn useful if you ask me.

However, it looks like Narita wants to avoid having him to solve everyone's problems like a main character would normally do hence why he isn't the MC and Cetly is because she does a exactly that. In this way Narita is freer to develop him in anyway he wants without being held to any sort a "hero" standard.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-30, 18:56   Link #246
Wargumm1i
Hentai
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Iv got a question about the light novel, the ending or the entire anime of Durarara, how accurate was it too the whole story and ending? and did the ending raise any good possibilitys for sequals?
__________________
Wargumm1i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-30, 19:30   Link #247
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Zeon
Age: 23
Did Celty ever get her head ?
__________________
King Lycan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-02, 15:05   Link #248
Iron Maw
Devil Buster
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
From what I read Anni's LJ, no. Izaya is still using it for own ambitions. Like I said on the ep 24 thread, she doesn't chase after it as much anymore to find meaning in her life.

On another note after reading through the translated Vol.4 it looks like Anri had already met Shingen back in Vol.3 and apparently he never cut anyone but Celty with Saika. He even offers Anri help with, but it's likely he'll just use her as a guinea pig -_-, which is odd because it like Saika can force it's host to do it wants sometimes.

It's interesting that the Saika Childs aren't really mindless after all, which means they can be manipulated by other people/forces if it's just protect their "Mother".
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-03, 09:45   Link #249
Dynzel
( ´_ゝ`)フーン
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Spoiler for vol.8 question:
Dynzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-03, 11:30   Link #250
DurararaFTW
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
From what I read Anni's LJ, no. Izaya is still using it for own ambitions. Like I said on the ep 24 thread, she doesn't chase after it as much anymore to find meaning in her life.

On another note after reading through the translated Vol.4 it looks like Anri had already met Shingen back in Vol.3 and apparently he never cut anyone but Celty with Saika. He even offers Anri help with, but it's likely he'll just use her as a guinea pig -_-, which is odd because it like Saika can force it's host to do it wants sometimes.

It's interesting that the Saika Childs aren't really mindless after all, which means they can be manipulated by other people/forces if it's just protect their "Mother".
Indeed, it's suggested that Anriis required to restrain Saika but Shingen seemed to manage fine.
DurararaFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-03, 15:31   Link #251
Iron Maw
Devil Buster
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Yeah which makes him even more mysterious, plus now there's now potential danger to Mikado and Masaomi from because of this.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-03, 15:49   Link #252
Buddy Waters
Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by DurararaFTW View Post
Indeed, it's suggested that Anriis required to restrain Saika but Shingen seemed to manage fine.
Shingen just used the sword, he was never cut by it or infected.
Buddy Waters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-03, 20:44   Link #253
Shadow5YA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Spoiler for vol8 reaction:
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 06:52   Link #254
Iron Maw
Devil Buster
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Spoiler for vol8 reaction:
Spoiler for Vol.8:
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 10:44   Link #255
Shadow5YA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
Spoiler for Vol.8:
Spoiler for vol8:
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 11:39   Link #256
Iron Maw
Devil Buster
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Spoiler for vol8:

Spoiler for Vol.8:
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-06, 09:47   Link #257
DurararaFTW
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy Waters View Post
Shingen just used the sword, he was never cut by it or infected.
Was Anri cut by it before she took it in possession? If so, never mind.

Spoiler for Vol.8:
DurararaFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-18, 10:33   Link #258
JapanManiaz
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Currently? Ikebukuro~The Place of MAD Bishies~
Spoiler for Character!:


Is it true? Heh, what a fabulous fanfic ideas.....
JapanManiaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-18, 15:37   Link #259
wandering-dreamer
reads too much
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: you know that's a great question.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by JapanManiaz View Post
Spoiler for Character!:


Is it true? Heh, what a fabulous fanfic ideas.....
I'm not sure about DRRR but there are a few characters in Baccano! that could fit that description so this might be the wrong thread for that.
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-21, 07:29   Link #260
JapanManiaz
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Currently? Ikebukuro~The Place of MAD Bishies~
Really? Sorry then. But the thread I read mention that one do appears in Durarara!!
JapanManiaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:49.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.