AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Durarara!!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-03-05, 04:40   Link #61
Buddy Waters
Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by dollars_ View Post
About Mikado again

Spoiler:
Spoiler for Novels five and six:
Buddy Waters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-05, 08:43   Link #62
JapanManiaz
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Currently? Ikebukuro~The Place of MAD Bishies~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy Waters View Post
Spoiler for Novels five and six:
Um, I still have a question.....

Spoiler:
JapanManiaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-05, 15:12   Link #63
Buddy Waters
Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by JapanManiaz View Post
Um, I still have a question.....

Spoiler:
Spoiler for Mikado, books five and six:
Buddy Waters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-05, 19:31   Link #64
Noata
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy Waters View Post
Spoiler for Mikado, books five and six:
The quote was from the color page at the beginning of volume 5.
Noata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-05, 21:49   Link #65
Buddy Waters
Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noata View Post
The quote was from the color page at the beginning of volume 5.
I think the key here is the verb tense. "narieru" -- could become. I think the implication is that he could surprise people by getting a lot more done than someone as outwardly timid would be expected to.
Buddy Waters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-06, 01:12   Link #66
JapanManiaz
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Currently? Ikebukuro~The Place of MAD Bishies~
Hmm, Thanks for clearing that up~ Though the reason I thought he was rather unstable because of a comment anni_fiesta made about him thinking that people who beat him up to a plump is a 'colosal bore'.....

Spoiler:
JapanManiaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-06, 01:55   Link #67
Buddy Waters
Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by JapanManiaz View Post
Hmm, Thanks for clearing that up~ Though the reason I thought he was rather unstable because of a comment anni_fiesta made about him thinking that people who beat him up to a plump is a 'colosal bore'.....
The actual word used in Japanese has a slightly different connotation; the idea is that he knows so many people that are actually dangerous, and actually incredible, that this guy just pales in comparison.

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler for dollars:
Buddy Waters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-06, 02:01   Link #68
Noata
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy Waters View Post
The actual word used in Japanese has a slightly different connotation; the idea is that he knows so many people that are actually dangerous, and actually incredible, that this guy just pales in comparison.



Spoiler for dollars:
A question:
Spoiler for Mikado:

Also, I can give you a link for volume 7 if you want it.
Noata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-06, 05:30   Link #69
JapanManiaz
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Currently? Ikebukuro~The Place of MAD Bishies~
Whoa! Thank You very much for answering that, Buddy Waters!!

One more question, If you're not sick of my question yet....

Spoiler:
JapanManiaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-06, 13:09   Link #70
Lightseeker
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
To those who follow the novel, can anyone tell me who is the guy with a gas mask that appears with Shizuo near the end of the opening?
Lightseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-06, 15:01   Link #71
N a r u . M a y
SWEETBERRY//❤
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Forever Land
Age: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightseeker View Post
To those who follow the novel, can anyone tell me who is the guy with a gas mask that appears with Shizuo near the end of the opening?
Taking a wild guess on who you are talking about
Shinra's dad.
N a r u . M a y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-06, 17:22   Link #72
Raskolnikov
Former Siberian
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Vancouvertown, Canada
I love this thread.
If I combine this thread with Anni's posts, and sprinkle some /a/'s translators on top, I will get a delicious story.

Question!
Spoiler for About Shizzy:
Raskolnikov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-06, 17:55   Link #73
Noata
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raskolnikov View Post
I love this thread.
If I combine this thread with Anni's posts, and sprinkle some /a/'s translators on top, I will get a delicious story.

Question!
Spoiler for About Shizzy:
Spoiler for Blue squares:
Noata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-06, 18:52   Link #74
Renchan
Nyaw~~ X3
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Age: 22
Send a message via Skype™ to Renchan
Quote:
Originally Posted by N a r u . M a y View Post
Taking a wild guess on who you are talking about
Shinra's dad.

Spoiler for Characters:
__________________
Renchan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-07, 03:10   Link #75
Buddy Waters
Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noata View Post
A question:
Spoiler for Mikado:

Also, I can give you a link for volume 7 if you want it.
The former.
I bought volume seven, just haven't had time.
Buddy Waters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-07, 03:12   Link #76
Buddy Waters
Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by JapanManiaz View Post
Whoa! Thank You very much for answering that, Buddy Waters!!

One more question, If you're not sick of my question yet....

Spoiler:
You'll have your first question answered soon enough in the anime. He sees him at the end of book one.
Don't remember the exact line. It wasn't all that memorable, and I've largely paraphased it already.
Buddy Waters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-07, 22:10   Link #77
hehey
Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
So, havent read or heard anything about the novels, how different is the anime from it?, i at all.
__________________
"I will turn your name into a synonym for weakness"
hehey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-08, 00:14   Link #78
Noata
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by hehey View Post
So, havent read or heard anything about the novels, how different is the anime from it?, i at all.
Anime is combining novels 1-3, and it messes up the time line. Novel 1 is first year of high school, and 2+ is second year. If they do a second season, they'll probably make that the second year to get the twins+Aoba in.
They also added 3~? anime original character/story lines.
Noata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-08, 14:37   Link #79
Noata
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by JapanManiaz View Post
Whoa! Thank You very much for answering that, Buddy Waters!!

One more question, If you're not sick of my question yet....

Spoiler:
Anni just translated the Mikado/Aoba scene
http://anni-fiesta.livejournal.com/20980.html
Noata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-08, 20:23   Link #80
wisteria233
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noata View Post
Anni just translated the Mikado/Aoba scene
http://anni-fiesta.livejournal.com/20980.html
Man I wish that scene would get animated in the series.
wisteria233 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:46.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.