AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-08-13, 09:57   Link #2821
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: http://www.exciting-tits.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Oh, really? That's pretty funny. Good troll I suppose.
Trolling? Those are the screencaps from Aichi TV!

Its not photoshop work! Its what on air for Aichi TV channel D:
__________________
“This be the realest shit I ever wrote.” ~Tupac
So very dead right now.. but still breathing thank you.
Top 4 Manga Waifu
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa


KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-13, 09:57   Link #2822
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Freedom Guard Ship Amaterasu
Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
Indeed. The nature of the broadcast timeline makes it difficult for viewers to appreciate the actual amount of time that has lapsed within the anime's world.

To me, it seems that a great of the hatred being directed at Rei stems from the feeling that she's a "loose woman", jumping from one guy to the next within just two days. But that perception does not take into account the probable fact that her relationship with Hisashi was likely very recent, quite possibly not more than three- to four-months old.

In Ep6, Rei revealed that she turned to Hisashi because she was depressed about being held back a year. Now, bear in mind that the story starts in early spring (cue to scenes of cherry blossoms), near the start of a new school year, possibly in late March or early April.

Putting two and two together, I highly suspect that Rei started going out with Hisashi only late into the third term of their second year, somewhere between January and March. Why? Because that's the only likely period when Rei could have learnt that she had to repeat a year, as that is probably when examination and promotion results are released (from a brief scene in Ep1, it strongly appears that she discovered the news only after Takashi learnt that he had flunked his examinations).

Now, with these facts in hand, let's start putting things in perspective: Takashi and Rei were probably an unofficial couple since grade school. That's a relationship of several years, during which time they had become so familiar with each other that they fight like long-time lovers. When you compare this with the nascent relationship that Rei had with Hisashi, it becomes clearer why it's so easy for Rei's feelings for Takashi to be rekindled, despite the recentness of Hisashi's passing.

At the same time, it wasn't as though Takashi had made it easy for Rei. As kenjiharima described:

If there is one thing that girls don't like in a relationship, it's the feeling of insecurity. Despite all the years in which they had been more than just "best friends", Takashi never once took the initiative to show that he truly wanted Rei as a girlfriend. Yet Rei put up with it, until she finally faced a personal crisis. At the time when she most needed a shoulder to cry on, Takashi wasn't there to provide it.

In my opinion, that's more than sufficient grounds for Rei to "dump" Takashi. In the end, it wasn't really so much a case of Rei betraying Takashi, as it was a case of Takashi having failed Rei. But the events of the last two days have changed everything, bringing out a side of Takashi that Rei always suspected was there, a certain decisiveness that she hadn't seen until now.

So, again, when you consider the long history the two of them shared, it's really not that hard to understand why Rei seems so interested in Takashi again. I really don't see it as a sign of "loose behaviour" at all.

And the constant bickering that the two of them engage in? That's just another indication of how well the both of them know each other — to the point that Takashi doesn't hesitate to slap Rei just to snap her to her senses; and also to the point where Rei keeps needling Takashi, because she knows how he usually puts up with it.

Hence her shock at his angry outburst at the stairs. She didn't use to get such reactions from him in the past, but now she can. In a way, her advance towards him immediately afterwards was simply her unspoken way of saying sorry.

Because, if you think about it, between two people who already know each other so well, what need is there, really, for more words?
Bravo that was indeed the best description of Rei and Takashi's relationship iv read to date. I agree 100% and even in the manga i never considered her a loose woman. Women do indeed dislike indecisiveness and feelings of insecurity and Rei had stated that Takashi was not there for her several times when she really needed him. If someone is not there for us when we need them we turn to other who might help us through a problem or at least distract us from it. What interesting is that now that Rei is seeing the side of Takashi that she knew was there along he displays it now when there are other women around to notice it as well. The hints about Saya possibly being interested in him and of course his cozy convo's with Saeko. Women can be 1000 times more competitive when there is a guy involved and they are all vying for his affections. Im not saying the girls are at this point but human nature can be somewhat predictable in these situations.

One could argue that Takashi's outburst and Rei's immediate sexual response to him was that she finally saw a man in him a person she had hoped he would step up to be in the past and that just didnt happen but given the atmosphere plus the drunkenness and the heat of the moment could easily cause that situation to happen in real life.

very well done great post.
Sinestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-13, 10:14   Link #2823
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: USA
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNA View Post
Trolling? Those are the screencaps from Aichi TV!

Its not photoshop work! Its what on air for Aichi TV channel D:
Dang...that's painful. You sat through all of that? I can't believe they blacked out Rei's panties. That's like, ultimate tease.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Bravo that was indeed the best description of Rei and Takashi's relationship iv read to date. I agree 100% and even in the manga i never considered her a loose woman. Women do indeed dislike indecisiveness and feelings of insecurity and Rei had stated that Takashi was not there for her several times when she really needed him. If someone is not there for us when we need them we turn to other who might help us through a problem or at least distract us from it. What interesting is that now that Rei is seeing the side of Takashi that she knew was there along he displays it now when there are other women around to notice it as well. The hints about Saya possibly being interested in him and of course his cozy convo's with Saeko. Women can be 1000 times more competitive when there is a guy involved and they are all vying for his affections. Im not saying the girls are at this point but human nature can be somewhat predictable in these situations.

One could argue that Takashi's outburst and Rei's immediate sexual response to him was that she finally saw a man in him a person she had hoped he would step up to be in the past and that just didnt happen but given the atmosphere plus the drunkenness and the heat of the moment could easily cause that situation to happen in real life.

very well done great post.
I am so glad we're getting some good, quality character development (and in turn discussion, which I haven't missed). I do look forward to any competition there may be for Takashi's affections. I wonder if Rei will get jealous of the little girl who we'll finally meet next episode.




No one liked my Archer joke this week, huh. I'm off my game, my jokes at work have been bad too. Must be this cold.
__________________
DragoZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-13, 10:18   Link #2824
numb3rs
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Canada
Send a message via Skype™ to numb3rs
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Bravo that was indeed the best description of Rei and Takashi's relationship iv read to date. I agree 100% and even in the manga i never considered her a loose woman. Women do indeed dislike indecisiveness and feelings of insecurity and Rei had stated that Takashi was not there for her several times when she really needed him. If someone is not there for us when we need them we turn to other who might help us through a problem or at least distract us from it. What interesting is that now that Rei is seeing the side of Takashi that she knew was there along he displays it now when there are other women around to notice it as well. The hints about Saya possibly being interested in him and of course his cozy convo's with Saeko. Women can be 1000 times more competitive when there is a guy involved and they are all vying for his affections. Im not saying the girls are at this point but human nature can be somewhat predictable in these situations.

One could argue that Takashi's outburst and Rei's immediate sexual response to him was that she finally saw a man in him a person she had hoped he would step up to be in the past and that just didnt happen but given the atmosphere plus the drunkenness and the heat of the moment could easily cause that situation to happen in real life.

very well done great post.
as to you. it's rare for me to find a good fourm site, where poeple don't use exessive slang and actually take the time to understand and read what the other person is saying. kudo's to both of you ;P
__________________
"I Forgot, that in this world, Broccoli can hurt you."
numb3rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-13, 10:39   Link #2825
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNA View Post
Trolling? Those are the screencaps from Aichi TV!
I had no idea.
__________________
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-13, 11:05   Link #2826
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: USA
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I had no idea.
If they didn't black out Rei's bum I wouldn't have believed you. I wouldn't expect them to censor that much. A tragedy for those who watched that version.

Hey, I guess you trolled us, haha.
__________________
DragoZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-13, 12:11   Link #2827
Sekishi
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Now, you are just twisting people's words to accomodate your own point of view. Stop grasping at straws.
Stop feeding the troll! Your nerves are to precious for such eschanges.
Sekishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-13, 13:16   Link #2828
Hooves
♣~Sleepy~♣
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Xanadu
Age: 20
Send a message via Skype™ to Hooves
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
I am so glad we're getting some good, quality character development (and in turn discussion, which I haven't missed). I do look forward to any competition there may be for Takashi's affections. I wonder if Rei will get jealous of the little girl who we'll finally meet next episode.




No one liked my Archer joke this week, huh. I'm off my game, my jokes at work have been bad too. Must be this cold.
Indeed, I never expected it to be like that. I was surprised anyone was able to clarify exactly why Rei was getting all sexually affected towards Takashi and Sinestra just posted exactly why.

Also I would never find a reason why Rei will get jealous of the little girl
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-13, 13:40   Link #2829
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: USA
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
Indeed, I never expected it to be like that. I was surprised anyone was able to clarify exactly why Rei was getting all sexually affected towards Takashi and Sinestra just posted exactly why.
Yeah, I'm glad a few people addressed it. I'm sick right now so throw that in with all of that ecchi and my head can't focus on those minute points.

Quote:
Also I would never find a reason why Rei will get jealous of the little girl
Simple: Rei is a girl. She'll get jealous of anyone taking Takashi away from her. Right now she wants attention from him. She wants to be comforted in any way she can be...as we saw on the stairs.
__________________
DragoZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-13, 13:43   Link #2830
ueXia
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
I am so glad we're getting some good, quality character development (and in turn discussion, which I haven't missed). I do look forward to any competition there may be for Takashi's affections. I wonder if Rei will get jealous of the little girl who we'll finally meet next episode.
Hmmm I'd like to believe that was a joke Drago , it's a kid!
And as much as you hate spoiling stuff yourself, you should already know which girl is the other competitor if you carefully saw this last ep

PD: No wait, that was the last scene in ep 5.
ueXia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-13, 14:40   Link #2831
AcroDave
Go Chrome or Go Home
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Imperial America
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
(from a brief scene in Ep1, it strongly appears that she discovered the news only after Takashi learnt that he had flunked his examinations).
Wait, he flunked his exams? I don't remember that... I thought Saya was telling him that if he didn't shape up he would flunk -?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
(...) and also to the point where Rei keeps needling Takashi, because she knows how he usually puts up with it.
LOL. And we get a perfect example of this when they're sitting on the stairs, and he's listening to her drunken rambling - nodding and making half-hearted comments like he always does... which annoys her (like it always does). So she sticks the knife in a little deeper. But this time, much to her surprise, it activates GAR TAKASHI. Ah, it all makes sense now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
Because, if you think about it, between two people who already know each other so well, what need is there, really, for more words?
... I... uh... *speechless*

Thanks TRL, really enjoy your posts. I prefer this kind of plot discussion, over which girl has the best boobs. Not to imply that isn't a... worthy topic of discussion... -_-

Quote:
I guess the BD/DVD will reduce the number of suds and give Shizuka nipples because anatomically speaking...they should be in view
Indeed.
AcroDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-13, 15:16   Link #2832
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Freedom Guard Ship Amaterasu
Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcroDave View Post
Wait, he flunked his exams? I don't remember that... I thought Saya was telling him that if he didn't shape up he would flunk -?


Thanks TRL, really enjoy your posts. I prefer this kind of plot discussion, over which girl has the best boobs. Not to imply that isn't a... worthy topic of discussion... -_-
Saya was talking that current year of High School he was in. Takashi had less than stellar performance in school and he had been quite depressing as of late and wallowing in self pity.

Yes i agree discussion about whom has better boobs can be amusing at times. But if we want HOTD to have its own forum we need quality discussions. Its not just the post count that matters its the quality of the discussion.
Sinestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-13, 17:05   Link #2833
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Coquitlam, BC, Canada/Quezon City, Philippines
Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Like to add this in case anyone wants to know when HSOTD's taking place.

Spoiler for SPOILER:
__________________

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-13, 18:14   Link #2834
kobun
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yu Ominae View Post
Like to add this in case anyone wants to know when HSOTD's taking place.

Spoiler for SPOILER:
i dont really understand this. is this a continuity error?. in both the anime and manga they have mentioned many times thats its winter yet the cherry blossoms indicate spring...
kobun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-13, 18:18   Link #2835
Hooves
♣~Sleepy~♣
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Xanadu
Age: 20
Send a message via Skype™ to Hooves
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobun View Post
i dont really understand this. is this a continuity error?. in both the anime and manga they have mentioned many times thats its winter yet the cherry blossoms indicate spring...
Maybe the translators for the manga and the subbers for the anime took a little "mis-leading" track and jsut got us mixed up between winter and spring?
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-13, 20:05   Link #2836
Guido
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Monterrey, M้xico
Age: 34
Act 6. In the Dead of the Night

Granted, the fanservice on the bath scene was everything that I expected to see adapted from the manga, although many fans out there probably went complaining that this show has already too much fan-service saturated that detracts the atention.

Anyways, changing my object of discussion, this episode presented how morality collapses in the form of the public police officer that was forced relunctantly to use violence, in order to keep the status quo and maintain order at all costs. However, his actions only helped to lighten the bonfire and to spread chaos amongst the already torn community.
Given how the police and the JSDF are unable to cope and contain the situation, the remnants of the old-World, Japanese society have turned distrustful and vindictive against the public officers.
Spoiler:
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-13, 20:24   Link #2837
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Spoiler for for length only:


And this is where family upbringing kicks in. It's still loose. Guy isn't even cold in his grave and she's jealous over other girls getting close to the other guy she dumped. She then gets drunk and makes a pass at him. And then with loose we add engaging in risky behavior, ie stupid.

Agreeing to disagree is what I'm doing right now. My tolerance level for this type of behaviour is zero.
__________________
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-13, 21:53   Link #2838
Azuma Denton
~AD~
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
Granted, the fanservice on the bath scene was everything that I expected to see adapted from the manga, although many fans out there probably went complaining that this show has already too much fan-service saturated that detracts the atention.

Anyways, changing my object of discussion, this episode presented how morality collapses in the form of the public police officer that was forced relunctantly to use violence, in order to keep the status quo and maintain order at all costs. However, his actions only helped to lighten the bonfire and to spread chaos amongst the already torn community.
Given how the police and the JSDF are unable to cope and contain the situation, the remnants of the old-World, Japanese society have turned distrustful and vindictive against the public officers.
Spoiler:
Hmm, there can be many explanation about that. And sadly no one knews the truth except the authors...

At the very least, those police spend many effort again in maintaining their sanity there.
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-13, 21:53   Link #2839
disposablehero92
the guy with the gun
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: i'm HERE so you GTFO!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
Spoiler:
while i like most of what you said, i just want to say, the officer in question was forced to kill the protest leader because he was creating a situation of increased fear and distrust in the government by blaming the government, had he been left about his devices he could have brought about a very worse situation (as if that were even possible,) for on thing he could have riled up an open attack on the offices defending them or else interfered with what the officers were trying to do and if he did that he would have brought about the deaths of all the people there.

all in all he had to die or back off he refused to act responsibly and reasonably and paid for it. he was an ignorant man who refused to see the truth in front of him and blamed every problem on the government, yet he has no idea how to live with out their support, id he had succeeded in ruining what the offices where attempting he would have fount out very fast what the government did for him, granted he would also have his guts falling out as he watched them slide out of he torn open body.
__________________
Bunnies do not have emotions. But they don't like annoying signatures. Odd.

disposablehero92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-13, 22:26   Link #2840
justinstrife
Queen Sheryl's Protector
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: John Galt Railroad
Age: 34
Send a message via AIM to justinstrife Send a message via Skype™ to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Spoiler for for length only:


And this is where family upbringing kicks in. It's still loose. Guy isn't even cold in his grave and she's jealous over other girls getting close to the other guy she dumped. She then gets drunk and makes a pass at him. And then with loose we add engaging in risky behavior, ie stupid.

Agreeing to disagree is what I'm doing right now. My tolerance level for this type of behaviour is zero.
Yeah I'm not a big fan of Rei either. She's my least favorite female, even when you bring in the nurse.
justinstrife is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, boobs, ecchi, harem, horror, romance, seinen, shounen, zombie apocalypse

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:02.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.