AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-07-08, 06:12   Link #921
Marvx360x

Enjoyable first episode. I will definitly continue watching this anime.

Kiba no Tabishounin Manga <3
Marvx360x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-08, 06:14   Link #922
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
I notice the abject lack of Katana-Girl (whose name I probably shouldn't divulge right now) love in this thread.

This appalls me.
Believe me.. I'll single handedly WILL make her present felt when she starts appearing starting next episode
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-08, 06:15   Link #923
Haak
God Damn Christmas Songs

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
Ow , i was wondering , people didn't talk yet about :

Boobs's record
I'm surprised she could even breath...
Old 2010-07-08, 06:21   Link #924
dredmorte

I'd like to point out that the manga is no where near as ecchi as the anime. No where near as many panty shots for once.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2010-07-08 at 07:52.
dredmorte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-08, 06:45   Link #925
ZeKeR
Superbad

Send a message via Skype™ to ZeKeR
saeko busujima.... one badass samurai girl.... i'd prefer her using a tachi tho
Old 2010-07-08, 06:57   Link #926
Lummie

Watched the ep again, the animation is so great, especially when you compare it to Kurenai's new ova. I can understand why it got licensed so fast XD

Last edited by Klashikari; 2010-07-08 at 07:53.
Lummie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-08, 08:00   Link #927
Klashikari
Swords•Maidens Maniac
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Skype™ to Klashikari
Within barely 10 hours, 24 posts had to be deleted. 4-5 of them are spoiler related, and the rest is plain off topic or total random parts.
Seriously, I believe we were clear about the subject with several of our warnings here and there, yet it seems even harsher measures weren't enough.

I'm afraid that any spoiler that will pop after this message will earn you a ban, plain and simple (since the macho way seems to be the most effective).
Likewise, there won't be any warning for offtopic, but immediate infraction as result.

Again: please only discuss about the -anime series- of Highschool of the Dead franchise. Do not post anything from the manga (unless it is way past the point in the anime), and more importantly: do not clutter the thread with random comments about unrelated subjects such like survival horror video games and whatnot.
I will leave this topic locked for a while but if anything of the same magnitude is occuring again, I -will- lock this thread until the next episode is aired.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-08, 12:29   Link #928
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

I must I was pleasantly surprised by this anime. I went into it for the sheer "lol
s and excitement," but it turned out to be much better than I thought.

At least I have one show to follow this season. BONES is usually a saving grace of a studio.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-08, 12:52   Link #929
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
I must I was pleasantly surprised by this anime. I went into it for the sheer "lol
s and excitement," but it turned out to be much better than I thought.

At least I have one show to follow this season. BONES is usually a saving grace of a studio.
This is animated by Madhouse.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-08, 14:13   Link #930
bigdeath

Without a doubt, this is the MUST SEE anime of the summer.

That slap scene was so hilarious I had to make it my avatar. I just love that loud "slap" sound in the scene. ROFL. Thank you so much felix.

The BFF was another morbid but hilarious scene.

This first episode is one of the best first episodes I've seen for a show. Its just priceless.
Old 2010-07-08, 14:35   Link #931
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post
This is animated by Madhouse.
Bah. I always mix the two up. They usually both are as studios though.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-08, 14:39   Link #932
serenade_beta
マジ天使

Klashikari... (´;ω;`)

Anyways, about censors... As expected, the Aichi version was an absolute disaster.
http://yunakiti.blog79.fc2.com/blog-entry-5745.html
If a zombie disaster wasn't enough, we have black matter eating up everything too.

-Tried to start a blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-08, 14:48   Link #933
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Klashikari... (´;ω;`)

Anyways, about censors... As expected, the Aichi version was an absolute disaster.
http://yunakiti.blog79.fc2.com/blog-entry-5745.html
If a zombie disaster wasn't enough, we have black matter eating up everything too.
LOL at the completely black frame.

One thing I forgot to mention [and doesn't really get brought up,] compared to other shows, including currently airing ones, FINALLY a male lead that acts the part. I'm hopefully not the only one annoyed by the wuss phenomenon out there.
Old 2010-07-08, 15:00   Link #934
bigdeath

If you couldn't tell from my new avatar, I also greatly enjoy the male leads badassness.
Old 2010-07-08, 15:30   Link #935
Nijuu
Please don't hate me

Certainly. Imagine if the main character was a common harem-guy!
In that case I’d cheer for zombies.

By the way, you guys have a point about Rei’s feelings. It’s not that simple to confess, and if it’s like your bestfriend… it’s even worse! But I hope we can see more of this. I know that I’m a romance/angst/drama lover and this show is about ZOMBIES and gore and panty shots. But it wouldn’t hurt to see some character development, so we could respect Rei as a woman. If they explain those stuff properly, then I shall like her as well.

But if nothing gets clearer than blood or boobs, then she’ll be a general “harem girl”, even if they did well with this “’gar’em” main character.
Nijuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-08, 15:52   Link #936
RelaxRelapse
0.o

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdeath View Post
Without a doubt, this is the MUST SEE anime of the summer.

That slap scene was so hilarious I had to make it my avatar. I just love that loud "slap" sound in the scene. ROFL. Thank you so much felix.

The BFF was another morbid but hilarious scene.

This first episode is one of the best first episodes I've seen for a show. Its just priceless.
I thought that may have been the best scene in the whole episode.

And I'm really impressed by this anime. I hope it doesn't stop with its own anime ending, but if it does I'll be happy with it...
RelaxRelapse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-08, 18:03   Link #937
kamehameha

do you guys think there will be an element of romance in the anime, due to the connection between takashi and rei, and their promise?
kamehameha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-08, 19:24   Link #938
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by nubby View Post
Does anyone else think Rei will probably die? With the way their relation developed, I don't see a happy ending for these two. Takashi probably won't die because he's narrating.
Well, they could possibly all die. Since it's the zombie apocalypse, everybody has a death flag already raised.

I think the question of who'll die should be rephrased as "who will survive?" A small nuance, but it changes the way I'm looking at the story.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-08, 19:30   Link #939
Circlebutton
Occasional Occasionalist.

I think even between the intense gore and cleavage there is plenty of room for character development, even so far as romance. Takashi and Rei are in a weird spot, it's interesting to see how they'll go about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
I'm hopefully not the only one annoyed by the wuss phenomenon out there.
You're not alone there. Pitiful lead characters really take away the enjoyment out of a series. These days that's practically more than half the series out there. But, I take comfort in thinking that all sorry ones out there have all been eaten off by 'them'
Old 2010-07-08, 19:43   Link #940
Qikz

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
LOL at the completely black frame.

One thing I forgot to mention [and doesn't really get brought up,] compared to other shows, including currently airing ones, FINALLY a male lead that acts the part. I'm hopefully not the only one annoyed by the wuss phenomenon out there.
Those censors are terrible, I mean I've seen some good and bad censors but you're basically missing half of the screen with those black frames. I'm really interested in how all the characters are going to find each other.

Spoiler for Preview from end of episode 1:

The nurse wakes up at the end of the first episode and samurai girl was training in the gym near the beginning. Also not forgetting the girl who kicked her friend down the stairs. Rei and Takeshi are probably going to have to leave the roof at some point so I wonder how they'll handle it.
Qikz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, boobs, ecchi, harem, horror, romance, seinen, shounen, zombie apocalypse