AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-07-12, 12:16   Link #1121
Lummie
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNA View Post
Lummie already got it.. I could kill him and claimed that he already got bitten by a random zombie, but he just linked me to the raw of the last chapter of HSotD .. so I cant be an ungrateful bastard now, cant I ?
*raises hand*

Sorry KiNa sensei, but I couldn't let that piece of awsomeness slide... it's Saeko after all.
Lummie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-12, 12:33   Link #1122
neshru
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Exactly as i said, it's best to try and stay calm during times like that. She understands that acting all depressed over what just happened isn't the best thing to do right now. She's just putting up a cover, that's all. Deep down she'll be hurting.
Yeah, I'm sure you would totally be able to keep your cool in a situation like that. The fact that it's the best thing to do doesn't matter, you wouldn't be able to act like nothing happened even if you wanted to. Unless you're used to situations like that (I really doubt a highschool student is) or, as other people have said, you're under some kind of shock.

I also have an hard time believing they were in shock, to be honest. It's not like it was hinted in any way, like I'm sure it would have been if it was actually the case. I guess I just shouldn't pay attention to the cheesy writing in a series like this.

Last edited by neshru; 2010-07-12 at 13:11.
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-12, 12:35   Link #1123
Bonta Kun
One Punch Man!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Resides within the depths of Ned infested Glasgow
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNA View Post
And so it begins ..

Kohta,

converting fans

one by one ..

since ..




episode 2!

lol well in the manga when he showed up and you got that glimpse of what he's like and what he likes, I was an instant fan.

It's one of them rare times when "chubby guy being awesomely cool" done right.

Ah the boobies, gotta love the boobies

and well to sound like a broken record

SAEKO-ONEE-SAMA! SAEKO-ONEE-SAMA! SAEKO-ONEE-SAMA!
__________________
Bonta Kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-12, 12:42   Link #1124
SaintessHeart
Ehh? EEEEHHHHHH?
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 25
Kohta's somehow is the direct opposite of Saya. Saya's only able to think when she isn't under immense pressure, while Kohta is the direct opposite.

He added a buttstock to the nailgun and used a pencil as a directional guide....brilliant thinking!
__________________

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-12, 12:55   Link #1125
Fawx9
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by neshru View Post
Yeah, I'm sure you would totally be able to keep your cool in a situation like that. The fact that it's the best thing to do doesn't matter, you wouldn't be able to act like nothing happened even if you wanted to. Unless you're used to situations like that (I really doubt a highschool student is) or, as other people have said, you're under some kind of shock.
They actually do show it in a way. With Takashi's initial thoughts at the beginning of the episode, then Rei going off about their childhoods and abruptly shutting up. The simple thing is they are doing their best not to think about it at all. And with the adrenaline going while they try to escape its probably possible.

The problem will be when they get a chance to rest.
Fawx9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-12, 13:02   Link #1126
serenade_beta
マジ天使
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Given the source material, what did you expect? So far it's been pretty much a 1:1 adaptation of the manga. The director didn't really add anything that wasn't already there in the first place. Boin boin-sensei included.
Because the fanservice is already in the manga... so what?
Didn't really add anything...? Let's see, SE and voice. That was added to the scene and I didn't expect that. And like Skyfall said, I'd welcome a million more pantyshots if they get rid of her.
__________________

-Tried to start a blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-12, 13:40   Link #1127
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: edge of my dream in the land of twilight...ZzzZzZ
What perfecture is the school these kids are currently at? In, the last scene of the show they said that the epidemic is happen at Saitema too. Is that like really far away from where they are?
__________________
Wandering_Youth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-12, 13:59   Link #1128
MikaMiaka
I like guavas.
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
It's one of them rare times when "chubby guy being awesomely cool" done right.

Ah the boobies, gotta love the boobies
I think they did it well in East of Eden! hahah I still can't get over the ridiculousness of not leaving your house because you lost a pair of pants. LOLOL

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2010-07-12 at 16:11. Reason: edited out spoiler quote and reply
MikaMiaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-12, 14:41   Link #1129
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Because the fanservice is already in the manga... so what?
You're acting like the director perverted a perfectly neat and clean manga with fanservice, even though "Zombie Apocalypse with fanservice" is pretty much the basic premise of the franchise.

The comments on that interview really made me scratch my head and go "... What did you expect? It's a fanservice rich manga, obviously this was going to be a fanservice rich anime." With the breast sizes of the cast, jiggling and bouncing was pretty much a guarantee. I don't see how anyone could have looked around that.
__________________
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-12, 14:55   Link #1130
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Canada
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Another good episode that manages to assemble the group together. Certainly better to have some people to rely on since the situation is pretty bad. Kohta is a pretty amazing guy to pull things together when it counted. Pretty impressive set-up he put together with the nail gun. A surprisingly useful person to have around even if he's a bit unstable. Though I guess it's those who aren't quite right in the head that can handle this kind of situation and survive.

While Takagi had her breakdowns she was pretty useful in this one. Without being guided the right way Kohta would have gotten himself killed long before he had the tools to fight back. There will probably be more breakdowns by a few people as they try to survive all of this.

Now Shizuka is just a character I wouldn't have minded getting killed earlier. Kind of wish that student had been more selfish in trying to save himself rather than protecting that idiot.

Anyways things are moving along even though the situation is pretty bad right now. Somehow this group has managed to survive.
__________________
FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-12, 15:28   Link #1131
Nvis
Grumpy Senior
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Sensei and Kohta are the weak link in my opinion.

Take away his ranged weapon and he's like a puppy.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-12, 15:38   Link #1132
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
Kohta are the weak link in my opinion.
what

He's the perfect balance this show needs from all the breasts and arse.
__________________
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-12, 15:40   Link #1133
Sparvid
*hic*
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: A Swede in Tokyo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
& here's a Hirano scene from this weeks episode which i'm sure he won't be forgetting anytime soon.
That's the one funny gag involving Shizuka. If only they could keep stuff like that up, instead of all the pointless bouncing and sound effects, I'd find her character a lot more tolerable.
__________________
Sparvid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-12, 15:42   Link #1134
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
what

He's the perfect balance this show needs from all the breasts and arse.
kohta has boobies as well.
>_>

ln terms of bad ass...
kohta>takashi this beh the truth....

still has boobies though
__________________
http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg228/teh_tenmanat0r/random%20stuffs/chrocheny.jpg
Manji Midou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-12, 15:55   Link #1135
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manji Midou View Post
kohta has boobies as well.
>_>

ln terms of bad ass...
kohta>takashi this beh the truth....

still has boobies though
If Kohta ever makes a boin boin sound when running, I will drop this anime right away.
__________________
Mikan & Yami
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-12, 15:58   Link #1136
Jarmel
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manji Midou View Post
kohta has boobies as well.
>_>

ln terms of bad ass...
kohta>takashi this beh the truth....

still has boobies though
In most shows though the leader is usually not the badass one though. He might have badass moments but is usually not the all the time badass member of the crew. That's because the type of people to do those kinds of things are somewhat crazy to an extent and the role of the leader is to be rationale and sane. Although there is always a time when the leader needs to go out and kick some ass.

Last edited by Jarmel; 2010-07-12 at 16:11.
Jarmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-12, 16:00   Link #1137
Blaat
AS member for 10 years
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
He added a buttstock to the nailgun and used a pencil as a directional guide....brilliant thinking!
Was I the only one humming the A-team tune during this, admittedly, short scene.

Anyway great episode, much better then the first one.
__________________
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-12, 16:03   Link #1138
Lummie
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manji Midou View Post
In terms of bad ass...
kohta>takashi this beh the truth....
Pfft, I strongly disagree with this. I'm fine with equals but Takashi surely has his own moments. The guy doesn't have problems to face "them" with a club as shown in ep1 (he just doesn't show it in a flashy way) and he's one of those very rare and likeable characters that deserve a harem.
Lummie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-12, 16:13   Link #1139
serenade_beta
マジ天使
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
You are out of luck, they won't. She is here and gonna stay.
Yeah, I know. It is only a wish. A wish for a miracle. But miracles are called miracles because they don't happen. Ha-ha-ha-!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
You're acting like the director perverted a perfectly neat and clean manga with fanservice, even though "Zombie Apocalypse with fanservice" is pretty much the basic premise of the franchise.

I don't see how anyone could have looked around that.
No, I'm not acting like that, but well, if you say I am, then I must be, inside of you.

Well, those people wish the staff focused more on the story and not as much on the fanservice. They wish the staff didn't believe everyone was watching it for the fanservice and not for the zombies. etc.etc.
__________________

-Tried to start a blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-12, 16:42   Link #1140
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
If Kohta ever makes a boin boin sound when running, I will drop this anime right away.
& i'd die of laughter.

Though this show isn't humor based, so it'll never happen.
__________________
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, boobs, ecchi, harem, horror, romance, seinen, shounen, zombie apocalypse

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:31.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.