AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Old 2010-02-08, 23:57   Link #1
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

XBlade

Wow, I'm surprised there isn't a thread for this great manga.

Summary:

Four years ago, a large scale disaster in Tokyo claimed two million lives. The remaining thirteen districts of the city were isolated into the Tokyo Barricade Zone. Morisaki Harumi, an unruly kid with great fighting strength, is his family's sole survivor from the incident.

One day, in a traffic accident, Haru gets pulled into a world of violence and meets Mana, the girl who turned herself into an ancient sword.

------------

Chapter 23:

So Haru is now going to Tokyo 13th district along with Mana. It might be possible that his parents and his younger sister might still be alive, since it's revealed that people are still living there, but highly unlikely.

Seems like Mana is dead set on finding her previous partner "Kuushirou", but I'm thinking that Haru might be him, and that he's some sort of reincarnation.

Things aren't looking well for Haru and his best friend now that he also lost an arm (it got attached, but it'll never work as before) thanks to Haru's battle in the previous chapters. Their relationship was already rocky because of his jealousy and envy he felt towards Haru, so I'm thinking it's not the last time we get to see of him, and he might also become a sword master like Haru. I'm just hoping their childhood friend doesn't get involved in this. She seems to care very much about both of them (Haru in particular).
Old 2010-02-09, 05:40   Link #2
sgwc
I'm just a support char..

Is it just anybody can become katana? There must be a certain conditions though.
Old 2010-02-09, 08:57   Link #3
frubam
singing heartbreak

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichi View Post
So Haru is now going to Tokyo 13th district along with Mana. It might be possible that his parents and his younger sister might still be alive, since it's revealed that people are still living there, but highly unlikely.

Seems like Mana is dead set on finding her previous partner "Kuushirou", but I'm thinking that Haru might be him, and that he's some sort of reincarnation.

Things aren't looking well for Haru and his best friend now that he also lost an arm (it got attached, but it'll never work as before) thanks to Haru's battle in the previous chapters. Their relationship was already rocky because of his jealousy and envy he felt towards Haru, so I'm thinking it's not the last time we get to see of him, and he might also become a sword master like Haru. I'm just hoping their childhood friend doesn't get involved in this. She seems to care very much about both of them (Haru in particular).
About time someone made a thread for this(too lazy to do it myself), though its been on [translated] hiatus for quite some time.

The whole "Kyoshiro" business was getting on my nerves. I'm glad that Haru has more or less become a man of his own worth and Mana can see that. Now as for the 13 districts, I'm pretty sure some previous chapter showed his sister(I have no idea which one) or some incarnation of her, so it's a good chance she's still alive.

I thought so too about Kazunari. I was actually surprised that Kazu had so much jealousy in him to the point were I thought he'd literally try to kill him. I hypothesize that
Spoiler for guess:

I haven't read chap 23 yet, but I'm going to kinda miss the school days. I do understand they have to move on with the plot, but there's always a certain something(comedy? fun?) lost when the story and its chars start acting completely serious. Plus no Sanae or(for the moment) Kusakado or childish/tsun Mana were some of the things I really enjoyed about the series.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgwc View Post
Is it just anybody can become katana? There must be a certain conditions though.
I'm not sure, though it has been mentioned that a certain technique was used to originally turn those girls to swords, and there are indeed "imitations" of swords, so there must be some kind of modern technique to do so, but it's probably not as effective(i.e. sword is not as strong) as the original.
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-09, 09:55   Link #4
Johnny
Working the bags...

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
About time someone made a thread for this(too lazy to do it myself), though its been on [translated] hiatus for quite some time.

The whole "Kyoshiro" business was getting on my nerves. I'm glad that Haru has more or less become a man of his own worth and Mana can see that. Now as for the 13 districts, I'm pretty sure some previous chapter showed his sister(I have no idea which one) or some incarnation of her, so it's a good chance she's still alive.
Spoiler for vol 8:
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-16, 23:46   Link #5
Shouta
Infinite-Zero/Translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
I'm not sure, though it has been mentioned that a certain technique was used to originally turn those girls to swords, and there are indeed "imitations" of swords, so there must be some kind of modern technique to do so, but it's probably not as effective(i.e. sword is not as strong) as the original.
Actual swords are created using a technique pioneered by someone named Jin I believe. He's been mentioned a few times in the manga and the specific eye mark that Haru responds to is the signature element.

Not everyone can be a "blade" (keshou oujintou, literally Cosmetic Nirmanakaya Blade). The wielder and the blade have to have a very close relationship, most of the time, lovers for the transformation to be proper. It's shown in Blade (Cross Blade is a sequel) that if the wielder and the blade aren't on the same page, that it won't work very well until they are.
Shouta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-26, 22:31   Link #6
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

So is the name of his sister 'Aki'? Because we get to see her in the latest chapter, and those eyes looked full of murderous intent. He foolishly went after her and now he gets separated from Mana. Big trouble.
Old 2010-03-04, 04:44   Link #7
Shouta
Infinite-Zero/Translator

Yes, his sister's name is Aki.
Shouta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-04, 06:24   Link #8
Xion Valkyrie

Is it just me or do guys and girls share the same eyes? If you swap the hair on some of them, you probably can't even tell who's who. I don't remember the mangaka's previous manga (Kamikaze) having this problem.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-09, 19:35   Link #9
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
New chapter has some lulz stuff, especially with the British swordfighter.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote