AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2010-02-17, 13:09   Link #21
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Send a message via AIM to Kyero Fox
huh, well i just watched a video sayin its still in the making. and might be released 2012(lol)
Old 2010-02-18, 16:16   Link #22
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

How wonderful, company infringement politics, every warm-blooded humans' dream. Tch, talk about sloppy.

That is their own shortcoming, they failed to take the MMO seriously, therefore making their part of the agreement nulled. But nevertheless, they certainly made it dificult for fans to cope, especially after announcing New Vegas. Sadism, plain and simple.

Were it up to me, they would collaborate and make it spectaculiar, MMO and New Vegas, but Nooo... they have to be greedy dung monkeys about it Curious how evolution works backwards sometimes. lol.
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-23, 22:14   Link #23
john_kun
Banned

This looks very promising. If done right this game can truly be awesome. As fo fan I must say that I enjoyed fo 2 and it had New Rhyno which truly reminds me of this game. Difference is we have like 2 factions here while we had 4 in New Rhyno.

Or is this New Rhyno in this game? I mean I do remember NCR. It was part of fo 1 and 2
john_kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-23, 23:08   Link #24
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

well they said it will be more like 1 and 2. so it cant possibly be BAD!
Old 2010-02-23, 23:15   Link #25
john_kun
Banned

they said it will be like fo 3 as well. But the theme represents fo 2 New Rhyno the most. Even in the video the whole graveyard outside the city screams Fo 2 New Rhyno
john_kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-24, 12:19   Link #26
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
well they said it will be more like 1 and 2. so it cant possibly be BAD!
Reason people are claiming that it is, or why it is market as, more like FO1&2 is because it is developed by Obsidian Entertainment.
Personally I wish that, it would be a proper third person styled game and that they do a proper testing for bugs before putting it out on the market.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-24, 12:35   Link #27
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Yeah, we don't need people following in Bioware's footsteps of making bug-infested videogames

Anyways:

This looks particuliarly epic, This may very well make me take a look at 1&2. Since I need to understand more stuff. On a side note, I can't consider myself a fan until I do.

1.5/2.5 seems about right, since it seems to take place in this 'New Rhyno' as John-kun-kun said. (Thats his name, 'John-kun', I need to add an honorific, y'know?)

Any word on how exploration takes a turn sometimes? Will underground be more extensive, as well? This may sound disgusting, but I would like to fight enemies in a sewer, it has that feeling of "Ohhh sh!t" (quite literally, as well.)
Old 2010-02-24, 13:21   Link #28
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbitres View Post
Yeah, we don't need people following in Bioware's footsteps of making bug-infested videogame.
Actually Fallout and Fallout 2 had a lot of bugs when they were first released, irc FO2 was really bad. And since Obsidian Entertainment are made up from Black Isle Studios and they were made up from Interplay devs from the first game... Anyway hopefully this time they do have time to Quality testing and aren't pushed by their publishers for a quick release.

BTW What is 'New Rhyno' ? You're not talking about New Reno are you?
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-25, 11:37   Link #29
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

I think Arbitres was talking about New Reno. I thinking he has never played the old Fallout games before.

BTW Arbitres, if you wish buy and play the Classic Fallout games here's the links to get the games at Good Old Games which are very cheap.

http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/fallout
http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/fallout_2
http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/fallout_tactics
Old 2010-05-16, 13:26   Link #30
james0246

Slightly old news now, but felt I should update...

Fallout: New Vegas First Look

Look like it's going to be essentially the same as Fallout 3 (which is good and bad), but there are some extra features that look interesting (Hardcore sounds cool; and the Dehydration meter is a nice feature; and adding weight to ammo will make the experience all the more interesting), and the intro for the story is pretty cool.

Expect more spoilers, images, and previews when E3 starts in a few weeks...

Last edited by james0246; 2010-05-16 at 15:36.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-16, 18:03   Link #31
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

definaly starting off in hardcore.
Old 2010-05-25, 18:13   Link #32
james0246

Additional new info: Big Guns as a skill has officially been disbanded. Now there is only a general weapons skills like Explosives, Energy, and Conventional (also simply called Gun). So Fat Man and the Rock-it Launcher will now be Explosive weapons, and Conventional/Gun will include anything that uses a bullet (so Mini-Guns will now be in the same category as Rifles, etc) or some other non-explosive or non-energy ammo.

Personally, I think this is a great distinction, and will help to add real emphasis on the type of character that each gamer will wish to play (for instance, Explosives was not a viable skill set to posses at the start of any game, mostly due to the fact that the skill only affected mines and grenades, but now that something like a rocket launcher is also in the same skill set, there is a reason to invest in Explosives).
Old 2010-05-25, 19:31   Link #33
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Personally, I think this is a great distinction, and will help to add real emphasis on the type of character that each gamer will wish to play (for instance, Explosives was not a viable skill set to posses at the start of any game, mostly due to the fact that the skill only affected mines and grenades, but now that something like a rocket launcher is also in the same skill set, there is a reason to invest in Explosives).
Good. Means less spreading points out. I want my grenades AND rocket launcher in the same skill tree, not in explosive + Big gun. So I can completely agree. It's also even more satisfactory they put anything that uses a bullet in Gun category.

Give me my sniper Rifle or my 32. colt Peacemaker and I'm set. Additional is melee weapon: Baseball bat (Because I think it's funny.)

By the way I got the OXM entry for Fallout: New Vegas, does anyone want it? Or is it already up on the internet?
Old 2010-05-25, 20:02   Link #34
Ekureiru
神さま、ありがとう!
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to Ekureiru Send a message via MSN to Ekureiru Send a message via Skype™ to Ekureiru
Fallout 3 was one of the best RPGs i've played in a long time, and Bethesda seems to never disappoint me with their work (Oblivion and Morrowind were great.) After all the time I've put into the game, I still love making my character look straight out of the Soviet Union (Trenchcoat and Ushanka). It just makes me feel so iconic being a leftist fighting for people's freedom in the wasteland. :3

F:NV looks great, and the return of the NCR is excellent.

Ekureiru - An entity commonly recognized by many as being on par with gods.
Last.fm | MyAnimeList | Pettanko Fansubs | Now with a degree in Yanderekology.
Ekureiru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-25, 23:39   Link #35
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekureiru View Post
Fallout 3 was one of the best RPGs i've played in a long time, and Bethesda seems to never disappoint me with their work (Oblivion and Morrowind were great.) After all the time I've put into the game, I still love making my character look straight out of the Soviet Union (Trenchcoat and Ushanka). It just makes me feel so iconic being a leftist fighting for people's freedom in the wasteland. :3

F:NV looks great, and the return of the NCR is excellent.
we fallout fans perfer the term "FPRPSG" (First person Role playing shooter Game)
Old 2010-05-26, 00:18   Link #36
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

OXM

Spoiler for Fallout fanboys, beware:

Haven't updated yet. Needed to spoiler tag.

Last edited by Arbitres; 2010-05-26 at 15:54.
Old 2010-05-26, 14:38   Link #37
james0246

^Thanks for the update (I had also read the OXM article), but since the game hasn't been released yet much of that material is very spoiler oriented, so it should really be put under spoiler tags.
Old 2010-06-14, 15:37   Link #38
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Yes a trailer ^^

Seems very nice

Release date : "on October 19 in North America and on October 22 in Europe"

Last edited by -Sho-; 2010-06-14 at 15:47.
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-14, 16:07   Link #39
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

*disappointed* looks like its just a big expansion =\
Old 2010-06-14, 17:20   Link #40
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Kinda true . I think it won't be as big as Fallout 3 .
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote