AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2010-02-19, 18:07   Link #221
Nightmare-Kun
The Nightmare Begins...

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
The Big Dude is Blackbeard's ship .
well if thats true would it be a power of a devil fruit or would he just be swimming through the ocean with them on his back o_O

if it was the power of a devil fruit it would be interesting that hes not a hammer like the rest of the devil fruit users
Nightmare-Kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-19, 19:10   Link #222
NinjaYali
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoa1708 View Post
what bout Hachi & Keimi joining the crew when this is all over?
Hachi and Keimi are too busy with their respectively jobs to go around pirating. It wouldn't be good for business.

Quote:
The Big Dude is Blackbeard's ship
How epic would it be if my speculation came true that San Juan Wolf is also a cyborg who can transform into a battleship. Well, one extremely humongous battleship.
NinjaYali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-19, 19:11   Link #223
randomlex
In the eye of the storm

Come to think of it, I never saw Blackbeard's ship. He had a raft that was destroyed before Skypiea... How does he even travel? Does he have someone with a teleportation ability (that would actually be very cool)?

Nobody noticed how he got on that building (with his crew and the giant!), either...

As for San Juan Wolf being the ship, I think that's kind of inhumane or something . It'd be crazy if he swims with the others on his back, and a torture if he has a Devil Fruit that allows him to transform into a ship (constant contact with water should be very bad even if he doesn't drown due to the laws of physics ). Maybe he can transform into a floating fortress or a bird?

Reminds of a comment about Jimbei - that if he joins the Straw Hats, he'll have to swim along with their ship 'cause he doesn't fit inside it - which is just LOL...
randomlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-19, 19:12   Link #224
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_1960 View Post
White Beard
Don't underestimate White Beard. He not as emotional like ace was. He can control himself. He is a Yonkou and you don't survive as long as he as by being emotional and stupid. My questions is what is he going to do now that Black Beard is here? It may have started with Black Beard but White Beard told Ace to let this murderer of the crew mate go. So I don't see how White Beard could put the blame on Black Beard when it was Ace who went on his own and against White Beard's orders. Second we don't know what the meeting between White Beard and Shanks was all about. Sure we know little bit of the beginning of the meeting but what about the rest of the meeting. In my view White Beard not done yet. I also want to know how the Marines will respond?
I agree with you to some extent. Whitebeard is a very wise and experienced pirate, so he wouldn't let his emotions so easily get the better of him. However, I really doubt that he would just let Blackbeard go unpunished after killing one of his sons. Whitebeard told Shanks that it was his responsibility to teach Blackbeard that without morals you can't cross the ocean. Therefore, it's clear that Whitebeard vows to make Blackbeard pay for his crime. Only then, could Thatch's soul finally rest.
Old 2010-02-19, 20:00   Link #225
Hikari no Clover

Send a message via MSN to Hikari no Clover
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomlex View Post
Come to think of it, I never saw Blackbeard's ship. He had a raft that was destroyed before Skypiea... How does he even travel? Does he have someone with a teleportation ability (that would actually be very cool)?

Nobody noticed how he got on that building (with his crew and the giant!), either...

As for San Juan Wolf being the ship, I think that's kind of inhumane or something . It'd be crazy if he swims with the others on his back, and a torture if he has a Devil Fruit that allows him to transform into a ship (constant contact with water should be very bad even if he doesn't drown due to the laws of physics ). Maybe he can transform into a floating fortress or a bird?

Reminds of a comment about Jimbei - that if he joins the Straw Hats, he'll have to swim along with their ship 'cause he doesn't fit inside it - which is just LOL...
i bet aircraft,not ship
Hikari no Clover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-19, 21:38   Link #226
marvelB

Quote:

Lafitte probably had to fly the whole crew around the Grand Line for a while, I guess. If so, it's a miracle the guy hasn't gotten a hernia!
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-19, 22:40   Link #227
john_kun
Banned

Quote:

lol that would be hilarious .. and cruel at the same time
john_kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-19, 22:45   Link #228
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Everyone thinks that Luffy isn't going to recover from this that quickly but I on the otherhand think he is probably going to get over this in a few days, Luffy isn't the type to stay downed or dwell on the past. After he has recovered physically I think he might be sad for a few days then realize that Ace wouldn't want him moping because of him and he would want for Luffy to continue his adventure.

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-19, 22:47   Link #229
john_kun
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub-Sama View Post
Everyone thinks that Luffy isn't going to recover from this that quickly but I on the otherhand think he is probably going to get over this in a few days, Luffy isn't the type to stay downed or dwell on the past. After he has recovered physically I think he might be sad for a few days then realize that Ace wouldn't want him moping because of him and he would want for Luffy to continue his adventure.
Well they are brothers so I really think that time for mopping should come now since it would make a lot of sense to mope.
Old 2010-02-20, 01:01   Link #230
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
I agree with you to some extent. Whitebeard is a very wise and experienced pirate, so he wouldn't let his emotions so easily get the better of him. However, I really doubt that he would just let Blackbeard go unpunished after killing one of his sons. Whitebeard told Shanks that it was his responsibility to teach Blackbeard that without morals you can't cross the ocean. Therefore, it's clear that Whitebeard vows to make Blackbeard pay for his crime. Only then, could Thatch's soul finally rest.
OMG
It's must be snowing in Hawaii tomorrow!

Even you, BDK, gotta admit.... pops was nothing short of awesome this chapter.
Old 2010-02-20, 04:46   Link #231
nicepace
The congueror Of The EAST

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaYali View Post
Hachi and Keimi are too busy with their respectively jobs to go around pirating. It wouldn't be good for business.

How epic would it be if my speculation came true that San Juan Wolf is also a cyborg who can transform into a battleship. Well, one extremely humongous battleship.
n what about if he is not only a extremely humongous battleship... but also a submarine type battle ship... well we already see Laboon interior... well if it's true it would be a nightmare for all marine battle ship...
Old 2010-02-20, 08:42   Link #232
AddiKtioNn-BlaCk
Is Your Daddy & Its True

I think some of you guys are over-estimating Blackbeard's power.
Blackbead's DF has great destructive power, but when it comes to fight against an opponent.
He can't (at least yet to be shown to able to) absorb people.
Anybody with experience, strength, speed, and endurance can possibly defeat Blackbeard.
Him touching you stripping you of your DF power can only be effective against a person who rely on their DF. Anybody with great physical strength can do damage to Blackbeard, even without their DF.
Yeah, he hurt (not defeat) Shanks when Shanks was younger, but he was younger, not even a Yonkou.

With all that being said, Even Whitebeard in the condition he's in. I still don't see Blackbeard having enough heart to challenging him 1-on-1.

'̿ ̿ ̿'̿'\̵͇̿̿\з=(̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ '̿
Weed, there is nothing wrong with it.. Seriously what's so bad about it? Smoking weed and eating out your fridge and laughing at the simple things? Or getting in fights and causing injury and accidents. Beer is the destruction of this nation, Herb is the healer! Don't listen, make your own choices!
AddiKtioNn-BlaCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-20, 08:56   Link #233
john_kun
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
OMG
It's must be snowing in Hawaii tomorrow!

Even you, BDK, gotta admit.... pops was nothing short of awesome this chapter.
I dunno first time I saw whitebeard I thought I would never rate him as my favorite character but since this arc he simply earned to be one of my favorites .

Whitebeard should def. have become new pirate king . but cruel fate had a bad date with destiny so that dream went down the drain.
Old 2010-02-20, 10:30   Link #234
Prestige

Quote:
Originally Posted by john_kun View Post
I dunno first time I saw whitebeard I thought I would never rate him as my favorite character but since this arc he simply earned to be one of my favorites .

Whitebeard should def. have become new pirate king . but cruel fate had a bad date with destiny so that dream went down the drain.
I think Whitebeard never wanted to become Pirate King specially after Gol D Rogers death...

I think WB could attained title of PK anytime and he could went to Raftel to throne himself at anytime he would wanted. But he was quite content of his role as Yonkou and he thought that since he lost to Roger it would be pointless to take the throne now.

He seems to been acting like guardian of Raftel stopping hopeful's and silver medalists reaching Raftel and preventing those who were unworthy of 'tainting'
Rogers legacy.

He intended to make Ace a Pirate King because he liked his spirit and attidute. He prevented everyone from reaching Raftel until Ace would be ready, Crocodile was one of those who got stopped by WB and he hold a great grudge towards Whitebeard for this.

Shanks could most likely reach Raftel at anytime but he really dont seem to have ambition to be Pirate King instead he loves to adventure,drink and have fun with his crew.

IF Whitebeard should somehow survive of this war I think he would have no problems of Luffy becoming PK, I doubt that he would actually help him but he would do nothing to stop him either, WB really likes Luffy now eventhough he knows that Luffy is kinda idiot.
Prestige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-20, 11:04   Link #235
lonewolf777
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by AddiKtioNn-BlaCk View Post
I think some of you guys are over-estimating Blackbeard's power.
Blackbead's DF has great destructive power, but when it comes to fight against an opponent.
He can't (at least yet to be shown to able to) absorb people.
Anybody with experience, strength, speed, and endurance can possibly defeat Blackbeard.
Him touching you stripping you of your DF power can only be effective against a person who rely on their DF. Anybody with great physical strength can do damage to Blackbeard, even without their DF.
Yeah, he hurt (not defeat) Shanks when Shanks was younger, but he was younger, not even a Yonkou.

With all that being said, Even Whitebeard in the condition he's in. I still don't see Blackbeard having enough heart to challenging him 1-on-1.
You know, I agree with you, AddiKtioNn. I've never really rated Blackbeard THAT highly, though I admit he's fairly fearsome. I just don't see how he's considered on the level that he is. Thus far, his successes have mostly been down to sneaking around and using underhanded, sneaky tactics. Even his defeat of Ace was more because he knew Ace's power and Ace didn't know his. I don't see him as THAT formidable of a fighter.
lonewolf777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-20, 11:17   Link #236
janipani

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewolf777 View Post
You know, I agree with you, AddiKtioNn. I've never really rated Blackbeard THAT highly, though I admit he's fairly fearsome. I just don't see how he's considered on the level that he is. Thus far, his successes have mostly been down to sneaking around and using underhanded, sneaky tactics. Even his defeat of Ace was more because he knew Ace's power and Ace didn't know his. I don't see him as THAT formidable of a fighter.
If he isn't formidable fighter there would be no reason to have him in this whole story. They must be very dangerous and far better now than Luffy's crew is. Otherwise I'd say, what's the point?

I guess, BB hasn't shown all of his power yet. He has just been playing around, we haven't seem him serious at all.

-Best anime was made in 80s-
janipani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-20, 11:50   Link #237
james0246

^Blackbeard was pretty damn serious when he fought Ace. And while I am sure BB has a few more tricks and techniques up his sleeve, we can still see that he is a bit below the Top (the Admirals and Whitebeard for sure, maybe a few others if we knew their powers better). He will probably improve more before the end of the series (unless he is supposed to be a stationary villain that simply stays at the same power level), but until then I still think he is just a little lower on the Power/Strength podium.

That being said, I agree that Blackbeard and his crew are well beyond Luffy and his crew (currently), there is probably no contest at all between the various members. And while Blackbeard may still be lower than a few other fighters, working with his crew I predict that he could defeat any one opponent out there.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-20, 11:59   Link #238
Vampire
Birth by Moonlight

Send a message via MSN to Vampire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestige View Post
I think Whitebeard never wanted to become Pirate King specially after Gol D Rogers death...

I think WB could attained title of PK anytime and he could went to Raftel to throne himself at anytime he would wanted. But he was quite content of his role as Yonkou and he thought that since he lost to Roger it would be pointless to take the throne now.

He seems to been acting like guardian of Raftel stopping hopeful's and silver medalists reaching Raftel and preventing those who were unworthy of 'tainting'
Rogers legacy.

He intended to make Ace a Pirate King because he liked his spirit and attidute. He prevented everyone from reaching Raftel until Ace would be ready, Crocodile was one of those who got stopped by WB and he hold a great grudge towards Whitebeard for this.

Shanks could most likely reach Raftel at anytime but he really dont seem to have ambition to be Pirate King instead he loves to adventure,drink and have fun with his crew.

IF Whitebeard should somehow survive of this war I think he would have no problems of Luffy becoming PK, I doubt that he would actually help him but he would do nothing to stop him either, WB really likes Luffy now eventhough he knows that Luffy is kinda idiot.
I couldn't agree more. I thought of this theory or it was because there was a "special" condition that needs to be fulfilled in order to enter Raftel. Whitebeard and Shanks seems to be content with their achievements but I think the other two yonkou maybe weaker which is why they can't go to Raftel without facing Shanks and WB first. If WB is gone, not only are islands like Mermaid island will be unguarded, so is Raftel and this might be why Shanks is facing Kaidou right now(ok, that might be slightly off track but it's possible).
Old 2010-02-20, 12:13   Link #239
janipani

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
^Blackbeard was pretty damn serious when he fought Ace. And while I am sure BB has a few more tricks and techniques up his sleeve, we can still see that he is a bit below the Top (the Admirals and Whitebeard for sure, maybe a few others if we knew their powers better). He will probably improve more before the end of the series (unless he is supposed to be a stationary villain that simply stays at the same power level), but until then I still think he is just a little lower on the Power/Strength podium.

That being said, I agree that Blackbeard and his crew are well beyond Luffy and his crew (currently), there is probably no contest at all between the various members. And while Blackbeard may still be lower than a few other fighters, working with his crew I predict that he could defeat any one opponent out there.
Yeah.. I don't believe that BB could do nothing to WB in fair contest. Most important I compare BB to Luffy's crew, since I bet BB is going to be his highest competition. And because Luffy already has those equal competitors we saw before this incidence, I bet BB is ahead of Luffy.

And maybe BB was serious when fighting with Ace, but that doesn't mean he was close to equal with Ace. To me it looked like that he just owned Ace very good, he made perfect success in what he was planned.

And I believe Luffy was still a little bit behind Ace, since big brothers are hard to beat. Ace death will boost Luffy's developement. He is not little brother anymore, he is alone now and only sky is the limit.

-Best anime was made in 80s-
janipani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-20, 14:52   Link #240
lonewolf777
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by janipani View Post
If he isn't formidable fighter there would be no reason to have him in this whole story. They must be very dangerous and far better now than Luffy's crew is. Otherwise I'd say, what's the point?

I guess, BB hasn't shown all of his power yet. He has just been playing around, we haven't seem him serious at all.
Well, I didn't say he wasn't formidable, but I said I don't see him being as formidable as some fans do. Some reference Blackbeard as though he rivals Whitebeard or something. Sure, he's stronger than a no name, and probably beyond Luffy and crew. But thus far, he's been seen mostly employing underhanded and devious tactics, sneaking around and pulling strings in the background, as opposed to owning people head-on. Once again, if Ace knew the power of the Yami Yami no Mi, as opposed to fighting blindly, I think he could have defeated him, knowing what to look out for and what to avoid.

But speaking of Luffy and crew, I think it's fairly obvious that the various Strawhats are all receiving power-ups on their various island destinations in some for or another, some more obvious than others:
- Luffy: He's got this monster Haki...... obviously, he's going to learn how to control it sometime soon.... I support the Hancock-joining-Straw Hats theory, and she also being the one to teach him how to use it.
- Robin's hanging out with the revolutionaries..... the government is their common enemy, I'm sure she'll have learned something from them, possibly about the True History/Poneglyphs, which could be the revolutionaries' inspiration for fighting the WG i the first place.
- Zoro and Sanji... lol, no idea what they could be improving... maybe Zoro's learning to cut intangibles (ghosts) and Sanji's learning some Okama Kenpo or something.... haha.
- Franky: fairly obvious.. he's a cyborg on Mechanical Island, where Vegapunk was born...
- Nami: also fairly obvious... her theme is weather from her navigator role right down to the Clima-Tact, and she's on Weather Sky Island.
- Chopper: he's on a prehistoric island, it seems. My guess here is that his boost will have something to do with his Monster Point form, since Sentoumaru said that it was actually some kind of ability, that Chopper just couldn't control. I can see the prehistoric island being somehow connected to Ancient Zoans, and therefore, maybe Awakened Zoans/Chopper's Monster point.
- Brooke: well, he's getting panties at his request... what more could he want? XD
- Usopp: that Hercules guy looks handy somehow. I can't wait for Usopp vs. van Auger, so Captain Usopp-sama can show that monocled freak how it's done.

Edit: This has absolutely nothing to do with what we're discussing, whatsoever, but I think it's hilarious, and I have nowhere else to post it: a friend of mine, in describing how Ace's death might lead to him being made a Pacifista said 'he might become like that guy who's Iva's friend.... that robotic panda thing'. XD

Last edited by lonewolf777; 2010-02-20 at 15:29. Reason: Funny
lonewolf777 is offline   Reply With Quote