AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-02-21, 00:32   Link #261
lonewolf777
Disabled By Request
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Land of tha Heartless
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub-Sama View Post
Speaking of the Yonkou I wonder how the balance is going to be after this, 2 Shichibukai have defected, an admiral killed (presumably), the strongest of the Yonkou is going to be dead soon and the marines have suffered heavy losses and are losing their fearsomeness due to Whitebeard and Luffy's crews.
Maybe 3..... Jimbei, Blackbeard, and possibly Hancock, since she pretty much openly fought WG forces that hurt Luffy (Smoker, Pacifistas, etc.)
lonewolf777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-21, 00:36   Link #262
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: In the magical land of Moonswell pass
Age: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewolf777 View Post
Maybe 3..... Jimbei, Blackbeard, and possibly Hancock, since she pretty much openly fought WG forces that hurt Luffy (Smoker, Pacifistas, etc.)
Well she never did say that she was on their side she just said she would help out in the war and that is what she did, sure there were casualties but who gives a crap half of them didn't have names.
__________________

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-21, 01:09   Link #263
Slayerx
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub-Sama View Post
Speaking of the Yonkou I wonder how the balance is going to be after this, 2 Shichibukai have defected, an admiral killed (presumably), the strongest of the Yonkou is going to be dead soon and the marines have suffered heavy losses and are losing their fearsomeness due to Whitebeard and Luffy's crews.

I mean how is the government going to look after Luffy destroyed Enies Lobby, beat up a tenryubito, infiltrated and utterly defeated Impel Down then went to Marine HQ and helped in its destruction and they still couldn't capture him. That is 3 symbols of justice defeated in less than a year with 1 man in the center of it all. If the revolutionaries start making their move the WG is completely screwed.
Frankly i think a lot of damage that Luffy has done will be countered by the fall of Whitebeard... i mean if WB really wanted to he could have done even more damage to those places... What Luffy has done can't really be measured against what WB was capable of. And when it comes down to it, the Marines took down WB without any real losses... Marine HQ? so what, they got plenty of other bases... The real might of the Marines, people like the admirals will still be around when all this is done; most of what the marines have lost so far were likely pretty expendable


Though one wild card is Whitebeard's territory... with him gone, that territory is no longer under his protection is now ripe for pirating and what-not... on the one hand, this makes the people rely more on the marines and they can look like big damn heroes to step in and stop those pirates... on the otherhand, it's questionable is after this war they will have the resources to deal with the outbreak, which would result and people loosing faith in the WG

And i do woner what will happen to the whitebeard pirates... Both the Jolly Roger pirates and the Sunny Pirates disbanded after the loss of their captain; either giving up piracy or forming new crews... will the WB pirates stay together under Marco, or will they follow suite and disband... frankly, i'm kind of expecting disbanding
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-21, 03:18   Link #264
shankss
CP10
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
I agree that WG wont lose anything after this.Only serious loss was Akainu and he is possibly alive.So I say it again, even though it has symbolic meanings, the destroyed HQ is just a building amongst many others.Not even mentioning that Sengoku,Kizaru,Aokiji,Donflamingo,Paci-Kuma are still there with all their might.

On the other hand WB pirates are simply ruined.They better go on their own way like Roger pirates now that their Captain and Ace got killed also their giant Oars got crippled..Marco and Jozu are barely capable of fighting against Admirals at their best.Jozu nearly got himself killed againt Aokiji and Marco is barely capable of watching his surroundings to avoid a goddamn vice-admiral.What will happen if they will play the captain next time?

I think the balance will be screwed towards pirates for they are a formidable but scattered force.Not even one yonkou came to personally aid Whitebeard (that Shanks was busy but what about ??? and Kaidou.The man wanted to personally stop Whitebeard) and now that the most powerful man on earth is over, unless something extraordinary happens, the balance will be like World Government = Pirate+Revo.
shankss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-21, 04:26   Link #265
AddiKtioNn-BlaCk
Is Your Daddy & Its True
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: In the Sky with the Birds
Quote:
Originally Posted by janipani View Post
Didn't seem to bother them much though since they are all alive and well now. They somehow sneak out or who knows what they did to get out of there. Hmm.. and how they are overrated? Where do you base his being weak, by just seeing him beat Ace and owned my Magellan, who actually owned Luffy as well.
I'm not saying he is weak, I'm just saying he's not as strong as people making him out to be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub-Sama View Post
Speaking of the Yonkou I wonder how the balance is going to be after this, 2 Shichibukai have defected, an admiral killed (presumably), the strongest of the Yonkou is going to be dead soon and the marines have suffered heavy losses and are losing their fearsomeness due to Whitebeard and Luffy's crews.
I don't got Blackbeard being a Yonkou-level pirate. I'm pretty sure all the Yonkou are at the top for a reason. Well-seasoned Pirates, I'm willing to bet the remaining 3 Yonkou are pirates that been on the Seas since Roger's Era. I don't think Blackbeard's strength or DF is enough to surprise, or intimidate, them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by janipani View Post
And maybe BB was serious when fighting with Ace, but that doesn't mean he was close to equal with Ace. To me it looked like that he just owned Ace very good, he made perfect success in what he was planned.
Blackbeard didn't plan anything, things like this happen with people who carry the Will of D. They seem to be the "Fated Ones" if thats a good way to put it. When they are involved, they tend to do things that literally shake the world, unintentionally on their part.

Last edited by AddiKtioNn-BlaCk; 2010-02-21 at 07:33.
AddiKtioNn-BlaCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-21, 04:53   Link #266
striderm
Adusa #1
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
We'll see whenever BB decides to make a speech.
striderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-21, 05:15   Link #267
Nightmare-Kun
The Nightmare Begins...
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by AddiKtioNn-BlaCk View Post


I don't got Blackbeard being a Yonkou-level pirate. I'm pretty sure all the Yonkou are at the top for a reason. Well-seasoned Pirates, I'm willing to bet the remaining 3 Yonkou are pirates that been on the Seas since Roger's Era. I don't think Blackbeard's strength or DF is enough to surprise, or intimidate, them.

umm are you aware that blackbeard served under whitebeard for 20 if not more years?
so he also was on the seas during rogers era
and shanks is a yonkou and was scarred by him 10 years or so before the current storyline.
so i think by now he is a yonkou-level pirate
Nightmare-Kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-21, 06:54   Link #268
Nikolaos
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
My quick summary:

1. Whitebeard is a one-man-whole-army that sent Akainu flying in one punch after having half of his face burnt out.

2. Grossbeard appears with his impel down buddies and watches the whole fight joyfully.

I really hope that WB does some more EPIC things before going down, like getting out of Teach's black hole and KO'ing him and Sakazuki several times with plenty of cruelty.

I cant also say that I like Blackbeards new crewmembers. Every one in his gang is an icky freak. I would prefer some more aesthetic villains. Sad thing that bad guys have to be so ugly as Moria or BB. Enel and Croc remain badass while looking good, and keep that course Oda.

PS. Holy cow. Knowing that Epicbeard lost to Roger, and that he's already old and weakened while causing so much trouble without probably giving everything... HOW STRONG WAS THAT MAN BEFORE HIS EXECUTION?!
Nikolaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-21, 07:32   Link #269
AddiKtioNn-BlaCk
Is Your Daddy & Its True
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: In the Sky with the Birds
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightmare-Kun View Post
umm are you aware that blackbeard served under whitebeard for 20 if not more years?
so he also was on the seas during rogers era
and shanks is a yonkou and was scarred by him 10 years or so before the current storyline.
so i think by now he is a yonkou-level pirate
They are pirates who been on the Seas since Whitebeard was a teenager, and they aren't Yonkou-level. If Blackbeard was a Yonkou-level pirate he would be one instead of waiting to obtain a Devil-Fruit to give him more confidence in battle. So what if he scarred, anybody can scar a person in battle, that's not enough evidence to prove he's anywhere near Yonkou-level, and you also haft to take into consideration that Shanks might have been weaker than he is now 10 years ago.

Given the fact that Shanks probably had to face much stronger opponents since then to become a Yonkou.
AddiKtioNn-BlaCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-21, 08:09   Link #270
striderm
Adusa #1
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
There's stuff about BB that Shanks didn't tell us about yet. I'm waiting to see what that is. Now I don't believe he's underrated, but not overrated either. He's like the wildcard to this whole thing.
striderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-21, 08:16   Link #271
john_kun
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: gates of hell are opened before him.
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestige View Post
I think Whitebeard never wanted to become Pirate King specially after Gol D Rogers death...

I think WB could attained title of PK anytime and he could went to Raftel to throne himself at anytime he would wanted. But he was quite content of his role as Yonkou and he thought that since he lost to Roger it would be pointless to take the throne now.

He seems to been acting like guardian of Raftel stopping hopeful's and silver medalists reaching Raftel and preventing those who were unworthy of 'tainting'
Rogers legacy.

He intended to make Ace a Pirate King because he liked his spirit and attidute. He prevented everyone from reaching Raftel until Ace would be ready, Crocodile was one of those who got stopped by WB and he hold a great grudge towards Whitebeard for this.

Shanks could most likely reach Raftel at anytime but he really dont seem to have ambition to be Pirate King instead he loves to adventure,drink and have fun with his crew.

IF Whitebeard should somehow survive of this war I think he would have no problems of Luffy becoming PK, I doubt that he would actually help him but he would do nothing to stop him either, WB really likes Luffy now eventhough he knows that Luffy is kinda idiot.
How do you know all this or is just a speculation? Never heard that whitebeard would guard one piece island or that deal with crocodile being true. Unless I missed something here. It was never explained why crock hates whitebeard so much unless I missed something.

Last edited by john_kun; 2010-02-21 at 15:00.
john_kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-21, 08:52   Link #272
janipani
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Europe
Quote:
Originally Posted by striderm View Post
There's stuff about BB that Shanks didn't tell us about yet. I'm waiting to see what that is. Now I don't believe he's underrated, but not overrated either. He's like the wildcard to this whole thing.
Yeah that was exactly what I was thinking. He is great wildcard and reason we know so little about him is because we are not allowed to know everything yet.
__________________
The man of million typos
The master of confusing sentence structure


-Best anime was made in 80s-
janipani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-21, 10:16   Link #273
Prestige
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Grand Line
Quote:
Originally Posted by john_kun View Post
How do you know all this or is jsut a speculation? Never heard that whitebeard would guard one piece island or that deal with crocodile being true. Unless I missed something here. It was never explained why crock hates whitebeard so much unless I missed something.
Whitebeard is most strongest man in World, most powerful yonkou with powerful crew and lots of allies. He intended to make Ace Pirate King though Ace wanted to make Whitebeard a pirate king.

Whitebeard was rival of Gol D Roger and he and Roger had some epic battles in their time, however Roger managed to claim title of Pirate King and died in hands of Marines. If Whitebeard would been taken title of Pirate King after Roger's death then it would been quite meaningless, specially man like Whitebeard, he would not be supprassing Roger but rather taking his leftovers now when Roger was safely in grave, it would been humiliating for Whitebeard.

Instead he was content of being the strongest and being a father figure to younger pirates.

Crocodile was stated by Oda that he was much like a Luffy in his younger days, he also chased his dreams, gathered a crew and aimed to the Raftel to become Pirate King.

However he got crushed by Whitebeard and his pirates dispanded, he abandonded his dreams and started to plot with Arabasta/Pluton instead, he became cold realistic aiming for military power, he even mocked Luffy about his dreams in their final battle and even shouted that Luffy's dreams would too become crashing down.

After Luffy defeated him in Arabasta he gave himself to marines willingly and accepted death, until suddenly there was an actual chance to kill Whitebeard, something he had always wanted to do.

Whitebeard is still Pirate King all but formally, he is most famous pirate living and most strongest man in world.
Prestige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-21, 10:29   Link #274
james0246
Senior Member
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: East Cupcake
Quote:
Originally Posted by AddiKtioNn-BlaCk View Post
I don't got Blackbeard being a Yonkou-level pirate. I'm pretty sure all the Yonkou are at the top for a reason. Well-seasoned Pirates, I'm willing to bet the remaining 3 Yonkou are pirates that been on the Seas since Roger's Era. I don't think Blackbeard's strength or DF is enough to surprise, or intimidate, them.
Blackbeard is as old, if not older, than Shanks, so he is at least of similar experience as Shanks (i.e. he has been around as long as other "well seasoned" pirates). Additionally, before he had his DF power, Blackbeard had the experience and power to take leadership of Whitebeard's 2nd division, but he chose to let Ace take the position instead. So, it's not like Blackbeard's power comes only from his DF (which can absorb people, btw). (The implication here is that if you add the power of the Yami fruit to an already powerful man (on par with Whitebeard's best), then that person will become even more powerful.)

I do agree that Blackbeard is probably still a little below the best of the best, but I also believe that he can become one of the best of the best.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-21, 11:38   Link #275
lonewolf777
Disabled By Request
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Land of tha Heartless
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub-Sama View Post
Well she never did say that she was on their side she just said she would help out in the war and that is what she did, sure there were casualties but who gives a crap half of them didn't have names.
Yeah, she didn't officially defect before, but her doing this might add up to just that.... her being officially removed from the Shichibukai.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankss View Post
I agree that WG wont lose anything after this.Only serious loss was Akainu and he is possibly alive.So I say it again, even though it has symbolic meanings, the destroyed HQ is just a building amongst many others.Not even mentioning that Sengoku,Kizaru,Aokiji,Donflamingo,Paci-Kuma are still there with all their might.
It may be symbolic, but keep in mind that the WG is the 'legitimate' ruling authority in the eyes of the world's people..... if they were shown to be outright dismantled by a group of pirates and unable to adequately defend themselves, what do you think the people would think about their ability to defend them?
lonewolf777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-21, 12:27   Link #276
Blackbeard D. Kuma
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
After reading the last few pages of posts, here are my 2 cents:

1) Akainu is not dead. There is nothing that indicates this at all. He has only been temporarily taken out of the action.

2) Why some people still continue to underestimate Blackbeard is beyond me. Oda has built him up (and is still continuing to do so) as a huge threat. Here's a little summary to reinforce this:

- Back on Drum Island, Dalton stated that 5 pirates (the Blackbeard pirates) destroyed the Drum Kingdom and forced its king (Wapol) to flee out of fear.

- Shanks told Whitebeard that he wasn't being careless when Blackbeard (without the Darkness fruit, mind you) scarred him. If this wasn't a big deal, why would Shanks even bother mentioning it? The whole point of his discussion with Whitebeard was to let us readers know that Blackbeard is a very dangerous man.

- He defeated Ace with little trouble and captured him for the WG. In doing so, despite having little to no notoriety prior to that battle, the WG automatically deemed him worthy of becoming one of the warlords. This is enough to say that Blackbeard is high up on the food chain.
__________________
A new age of piracy is at hand, and emperor Blackbeard is at the helm of it.
Blackbeard D. Kuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-21, 13:43   Link #277
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by shankss View Post
On the other hand WB pirates are simply ruined.They better go on their own way like Roger pirates now that their Captain and Ace got killed also their giant Oars got crippled..Marco and Jozu are barely capable of fighting against Admirals at their best.Jozu nearly got himself killed againt Aokiji and Marco is barely capable of watching his surroundings to avoid a goddamn vice-admiral.What will happen if they will play the captain next time?
Marco & Joz got careless in their respective battles which caused their downfall. Joz & Marco are very much top tier pirates..and amongst the strongest Pirates we've seen so far.

I don't expect WB's crew to disband after this...at least not in the sense they go their seperate ways and form their own crews. WB made alotta enemies, alotta people will fancy their chances against WB's crew now that he is no longer around. I expect they'll go into hiding, and will re-emerge at a later point in the storyline.
MihawkXGP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-21, 13:59   Link #278
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by AddiKtioNn-BlaCk View Post
They are pirates who been on the Seas since Whitebeard was a teenager, and they aren't Yonkou-level. If Blackbeard was a Yonkou-level pirate he would be one instead of waiting to obtain a Devil-Fruit to give him more confidence in battle. So what if he scarred, anybody can scar a person in battle, that's not enough evidence to prove he's anywhere near Yonkou-level, and you also haft to take into consideration that Shanks might have been weaker than he is now 10 years ago.

Given the fact that Shanks probably had to face much stronger opponents since then to become a Yonkou.
Blackbeard is definitely built to be a major boss character, probably even last boss.

He was able to scar Shanks, who was already rivaling Mihawk 10 years ago, how weak can Shanks be last time? And Blackbeard has always been hiding his power, who knows if he purposely chose to only leave a scar and not do more damage to Shanks.

If he can hurt someone the level of Mihawk 10 years ago without a fruit, I'm sure he is much more powerful with his abilities now.

His fruit is not just effective against Logias, it drains the power of anything he touches and nothing escapes his blackhole. Who knows what other powers the fruit has, for it to be such a special Logia.

He also has incredible ambition(he even knows about Haki), along with the Will of D, who knows what else he has.

I won't be surprised if he takes on Whitebeard directly, I'm already mentioned that earlier on its his best chance now.
__________________
No longer a NEET so I'll not be online as often.
Ignore gender and kick sexuality to the curb!
I'm a big mecha fan, who keeps playing the SRW series.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-21, 14:24   Link #279
lonewolf777
Disabled By Request
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Land of tha Heartless
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma
2) Why some people still continue to underestimate Blackbeard is beyond me. Oda has built him up (and is still continuing to do so) as a huge threat. Here's a little summary to reinforce this:
I don't think anybody debates that he's a powerful pirate and a threat. But what we disagree on is ranking him as highly as he has been by fans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma
- Back on Drum Island, Dalton stated that 5 pirates (the Blackbeard pirates) destroyed the Drum Kingdom and forced its king (Wapol) to flee out of fear.
This is true, but really, Luffy, Sanji, Zoro, Franky, and Robin/Brook could probably have done the same thing, if they were evil/had reason to. Wapol and his men are not all that strong or brave, after all......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma
- Shanks told Whitebeard that he wasn't being careless when Blackbeard (without the Darkness fruit, mind you) scarred him. If this wasn't a big deal, why would Shanks even bother mentioning it? The whole point of his discussion with Whitebeard was to let us readers know that Blackbeard is a very dangerous man.
Once again, I agree... Blackbeard is a dangerous man, no doubt, but scarring Shanks doesn't mean defeating him, nor does it mean that he's as strong as Shanks or anybody thereabouts in terms of power. Zoro scarred Kuma.... does that mean he's as strong as him or even near his level?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma
- He defeated Ace with little trouble and captured him for the WG. In doing so, despite having little to no notoriety prior to that battle, the WG automatically deemed him worthy of becoming one of the warlords. This is enough to say that Blackbeard is high up on the food chain.
Sure, but they wanted Ace to be a Shichibukai too, and he turned them down. Therefore, if Blackbeard can capture someone they deem worthy of being a Shichibukai, it stands to reason that he would be considered on that level himself.
And furthermore, I would debate his defeating Ace with little trouble. Ace didn't know what his power did, and Blackbeard certainly looked like he was trying pretty hard. Ace, despite ifghting blindly, due to both emotion and ignorance of BB's power, still got his licks in.
lonewolf777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-21, 15:02   Link #280
john_kun
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: gates of hell are opened before him.
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestige View Post
Whitebeard is most strongest man in World, most powerful yonkou with powerful crew and lots of allies. He intended to make Ace Pirate King though Ace wanted to make Whitebeard a pirate king.

Whitebeard was rival of Gol D Roger and he and Roger had some epic battles in their time, however Roger managed to claim title of Pirate King and died in hands of Marines. If Whitebeard would been taken title of Pirate King after Roger's death then it would been quite meaningless, specially man like Whitebeard, he would not be supprassing Roger but rather taking his leftovers now when Roger was safely in grave, it would been humiliating for Whitebeard.

Instead he was content of being the strongest and being a father figure to younger pirates.

Crocodile was stated by Oda that he was much like a Luffy in his younger days, he also chased his dreams, gathered a crew and aimed to the Raftel to become Pirate King.

However he got crushed by Whitebeard and his pirates dispanded, he abandonded his dreams and started to plot with Arabasta/Pluton instead, he became cold realistic aiming for military power, he even mocked Luffy about his dreams in their final battle and even shouted that Luffy's dreams would too become crashing down.

After Luffy defeated him in Arabasta he gave himself to marines willingly and accepted death, until suddenly there was an actual chance to kill Whitebeard, something he had always wanted to do.

Whitebeard is still Pirate King all but formally, he is most famous pirate living and most strongest man in world.
so this is just a speculation not real facts right? something you put up with everything we seen so far?
john_kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:54.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.