AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Old 2004-03-14, 10:25   Link #41
Hisoka44

Quote:
Originally Posted by nh1
When Sarutobi did that, he just said something like "Did you think you could kill me with a jutsu that level?" So that's already been tested...
It was just general provocation from the bad guy
Hisoka44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-14, 10:33   Link #42
nh1
KAWAIII-III!!!! >^_^ >

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisoka44
it was just general provocation from the bad guy
Still, he didn't die..
nh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-14, 12:45   Link #43
sheen

My two cent:

Like Vicious-san said earlier, it would be most fitting for Jiraiya to kill Orochimaru because it was said that they are rivals. Naruto and Sasuke is bound to clash one day and it would just be awesome to see the two legendary sannins go out all with each other.

On the other hand, who said Orochimaru has to die? Another punishment may be more suited; Sarutobi said something about. With the body switching jutsu he came up with, it's possible than anything short of death won't stop him, but I would like to have Orochimaru live for some reason ^^; Every ninja world needs a physcho around
sheen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-14, 12:58   Link #44
pathyfinder
Terabyte needs anime!

the new physcho by then will be Sasuke *ducks flying spoon from Hunter-gosh didn't duck enough, oh, great, this is SOOO uncomfortable*

I think Jiraiya & Tsunade should be the ones to kill him.
Old 2004-03-14, 16:45   Link #45
Kung Fu Ferret

Well I'm not sure about the paticulars of Oro's immortality jitsu, but there's always the chance that some one gets to kill him in one paticular body, probally taking that person with him, then he shows up much later in the magna after just about every one has forgotten abou him and then Naruto has to finish him off, who knows he may even be forced to perform the 4'ths jitsu on him.
Kung Fu Ferret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-15, 00:06   Link #46
chibi Jiraiya plushy

Send a message via AIM to chibi Jiraiya plushy Send a message via Yahoo to chibi Jiraiya plushy
I hope that Sasuke kills that gay *ss b*****d (not that I hate gay guys seeing how I'm a yaoi fangirl but not a Naruto yaoi fangirl *shudders violently at nasty sasuxNaru pairings*)
chibi Jiraiya plushy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-03, 20:47   Link #47
CrispyBC

Who will kill Orichimaru? [Manga]

Here's my assumptions.
Jiraiya will kill him at the conclusion of Return Sasuke arc.

Chapter 165, Jiraiya says "an eye for an eye only , Only I can take him down."
Chapter 176, When talking to Kakashi after Naruto and Sasuke's fight, he says his rivalry is much like Orochi and his own in the past. So when Naruto's and Sasuke's fight occurs, Jiraiya's and Orochimaru's will also occur.

Can't wait to see some more underworld jutsus
CrispyBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-03, 20:52   Link #48
Dauthi
Searching for the Cure

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrispyBC
Here's my assumptions.

Chapter 176, When talking to Kakashi after Naruto and Sasuke's fight, he says his rivalry is much like Orochi and his own in the past. So when Naruto's and Sasuke's fight occurs, Jiraiya's and Orochimaru's will also occur.

Can't wait to see some more underworld jutsus

I agree, it seems to be leaning that way.
Dauthi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-03, 20:55   Link #49
Lost World
Banned

Quote:
Herres my assumptions.

Chapter 176, When talking to kakashi after naruto and sasukes fight, he says his rivalry is much like orichi and his own in the past. So when naruto's and sasukes fight occurs, jiraiyas and orichimarus will also occur.

Cant wait to see some more underworld jutsus
According to the legend, a thundergod killed Orochimaru. So I always thought Sasuke would be the one to do it.
Lost World is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-03, 20:57   Link #50
Lexander
www.thefestlanders.com

Hmmm ... I'm not saying yours is wrong, but that's not what it said in the legend slip I read though ... It said Jiraya takes him on but he's not strong enough ... so someone whos life Jiraya saved a long time ago comes to help him.

Can we get a link to the legend please?

ohh and XD
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...ill+orochimaru
There is a little known provision in the Forum Rules that explicitly allows a moderator to remove any signature image that they believe to be inappropriate for any reason. I have saved this image into my "WTF directory" just in case I ever wonder if it was only been a bad dream, and have removed it from the forum. Hopefully Lexander will never do this again!
Lexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-03, 20:57   Link #51
MidoriShinobi
Boha-haha!!

Send a message via AIM to MidoriShinobi Send a message via MSN to MidoriShinobi
hehe, the only way orochimaru can beat him is with sexy no jutsu.. and Naruto will never reveal his secret!!
MidoriShinobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-03, 20:59   Link #52
Lost World
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexander
Hmmm ... I'm not saying yours is wrong
Good, because it's not.

Geez, it was in the very thread you linked to for god's sakes.

Anyway, I'll repost it here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazk Zodiac
Sasuke.

The legend of Orochi of Koshi was that he ate maidens across the country in ancient Japan. Susano o no Mikoto tricked the giant snake into sticking each of his eight heads through eight gates in a fence, seperating him from eight vats of rice wine. He beheaded Orochi, and then cut his belly open, where he found Murakakumo no Tsurugi, the sword of the village of clustering clouds. The sword would later become Yamato Dake's, and he would rename it Kusanagi, the grass-cutter, after fighting his way out of a flaming field of grass.

Orochimaru's blade, which he summons from inside of himself, is a direct relation to the legend. Susano, who was a storm god, gutted him and took it. Sasuke, who has now developed a psuedo-connection to Orochimaru, which will no doubt grow soon, has a signature move that resembled lightning. So, it's possible that this connection might be made.
Old 2004-05-03, 21:00   Link #53
Kouji
StrykerX

Oh, are you talking about Sasuke's Manda? If then, yeah it'd be a definite possibility. Even Naruto's Gamabunta could even finish the job as well.
Old 2004-05-03, 21:04   Link #54
Lexander
www.thefestlanders.com

Wrong legend buddy ... there is an actual Jiraya and Orochimaru legend. That one is about Orochi the giant snake. While the Jiraya/Orochimaru one is about the toad hermit Jiraya who knew toad magic, his wife Tsunade who knew snail magic and Orochimaru who knew snake magic.
There is a little known provision in the Forum Rules that explicitly allows a moderator to remove any signature image that they believe to be inappropriate for any reason. I have saved this image into my "WTF directory" just in case I ever wonder if it was only been a bad dream, and have removed it from the forum. Hopefully Lexander will never do this again!
Old 2004-05-03, 21:05   Link #55
Lost World
Banned

Quote:
Wrong legend buddy ... there is an actual Jiraya and Orochimaru legend. That one is about Orochi the giant snake. While the Jiraya/Orochimaru one is about the toad hermit Jiraya who knew toad magic, his wife Tsunade who knew snail magic and Orochimaru who knew snake magic.
You have to give me a link for me to believe you. I produced my Legend, which is the only one I've heard of (and I've taken Japanese history) so excuse me if I think you're spouting a crock of bull until I see the legend.
Old 2004-05-03, 21:10   Link #56
Last of the Uchiha

Quote:
Herres my assumptions.

Chapter 176, When talking to kakashi after naruto and sasukes fight, he says his rivalry is much like orichi and his own in the past. So when naruto's and sasukes fight occurs, jiraiyas and orichimarus will also occur.

Cant wait to see some more underworld jutsus

That's one possibility, but much later on in the manga

The other candidates are:

1. Kabuto: There has been a few hints about his betrayal.

2. Itachi: He won't let another person have the Sharingan beside an Uchiha.

3. Sasuke: If he wants to kill Itachi, then the only way he will know if he ready, is when he kill Orochimaru. (as his measuring stick.)
Last of the Uchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-03, 21:11   Link #57
Lexander
www.thefestlanders.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasuke Uchiha
You have to give me a link for me to believe you. I produced my Legend, which is the only one I've heard of (and I've taken Japanese history) so excuse me if I think you're spouting a crock of bull until I see the legend.
With pleasure ... here you go ... http://www.kiseido.com/printss/ji.html

The Orochi you're talking about is an 8 headed Dragon.
Old 2004-05-03, 21:18   Link #58
Lost World
Banned

Quote:
With pleasure ... here you go ... http://www.kiseido.com/printss/ji.html

The Orochi you're talking about is an 8 headed Dragon.
Hmm, interesting line at the end there...

"Fortunately another of Jiraiya's followers, whose life he had once saved, came to his rescue. At this point, without conclusion, the tale abruptly ends."

I could only guess Naruto...
Old 2004-05-03, 21:23   Link #59
Lexander
www.thefestlanders.com

Hmmm I wouldn't take it too literal though ... Kishimoto probably borrowed the names and the ideas but there is a lot in that legend that doesn't really match up with Naruto like how Oro was also a follower of Jiraiya.

If you look it that way though ... it very well could be Sasuke ... Jiraya did interfere with the Sasuke, Itachi fight.
Old 2004-05-03, 21:28   Link #60
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

There isn't one legend right, these two (and many more) are used, mixed and changed by Kishimoto to create the background of Naruto.

If the manga followed perfectly the folklore, Jiraiya and Tsunade should be married ^^
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote