AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Old 2004-11-08, 03:01   Link #81
MysticNinjaJay
Ninja Emperor

I think Jiraiya or Naruto are going to do the honors of taking out Orochimaru. I'm sure it won't be Sasuke, Oro isn't stupid, or weak. There's no way he'd train Sasuke enough to surpass him in 3 years and make him into basically another Itachi he can't control. Jiraiya and Orochimaru have an old score to settle anyway, though that battle may happen without a death being the result. I'm going to be bold and say Orochimaru really does take over Sasuke and then opposes Itachi. In the middle of battle we see him unmask himself as Sasuke and he lets Sasuke take enough control to speak directly to his brother, who will no doubt mock Sasuke for choosing such a cowardly way to surpass him. Sasuke and Orochimaru with two seperate personalities fighting as one, each with a grudge against Itachi and they will, LOSE . Then all hell will break loose for Orochimaru but I'm sure Itachi won't be the one to kill him either.
MysticNinjaJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-09, 12:09   Link #82
Last of the Uchiha

I must say that the only one who will kill Orochimaru is Sasuke. First, we have the susanowo legend with ties Sasuke with Orochimaru, there aslo the fact that Orochimaru will try to take over Sasuke's body, so either Sasuke will fight him or run, but what better chance to use Orochimaru as his measuring stick. There also one more thing which make me think that Sasuke will kill Orochiamru, and is the theory of this guy:

This was originally posted by Metsudragon.

Sasuke based off a mythical Bird(s)? O_O

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok I've been thinking about this for a long time.I think Sasuke is based off a mythical bird.namely,A Garuda(it has a special name in japanese) if I remember,it's an Idian/Hindu bird.with a humanoid body,but a bird's head and feet.Anyway,the point is,they are the natural animal of the Naga(Reptile family,Dragons and SNAKES*hint hint* in particular).He also has two moves named after Birds(Phoenix Fire and Chidori)taking this in mind,his CS Level 2 form oddly resembles a bird >_>.The wings,and that wierd pattern on his nose resembles a beak. :| I think this has a lot to do with Sasuke as a character,even if just fun pokes at legends and myths which the Naruto series likes to do anyway I think it also ups the possibility of Sasuke offing Orochi. >_>

EDIT: Something else I just remembered after a friend said something where I made a bird pun.Sasuke's wings have talons and clawed toes and finger-like things coming out of them that oddly resembles birds >_>
Last of the Uchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-09, 19:34   Link #83
lotus_lee

Maybe once Orochimaru has fully taken over Sasuke, Naruto beats the crap out of him (literally) and kills Orochimaru but manages to somehow save Sasuke. I doubt it will be Sasuke because he will have been taken over by then. Therefore, I also doubt it will be Jiraiya because he will not be able to fight against a Sharingan user with the capabilities of Orochimaru. Maybe Jiraiya will kill him, if he gets stronger but I doubt it. I doubt it will be Itachi as well. Once Orochimaru enters Sasuke's body and is able to use the Sharingan, Itachi will get done for. Plus, Itachi probably doesn't have much time before he reaches his full potential. I mean, how much more powerful can he get as he's already a Sharingan master?
lotus_lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-09, 20:41   Link #84
fieryshadowcard

Let's see... the possibilities are...

Kabuto: See In Too Deep . I swear, if the man says one more time "I see you don't fully trust me yet," I'll kill him. Kabuto is certainly not like Oro's Sound Six (that's including Ukon and Kimimaro) or Dosu, Kin, and Zaku (Zaku at the very least).

Tsunade: By chance, she discovers it was Orochimaru who killed her little brother for one of his many experiments (valid because he was the one who found the necklace). She does what she intended to do during their last confrontation and whips his ass (as in, one punch kills him like the manga would imply, and she just wails on his lifeless body). Also, because of him, her sensei and her family are all in the Death God's belly. Reparations must be made... and damages sent to Oro's face.

Akatsuki: Just because they can.

Jiraiya: The Stand Destroyer summon. Priceless. Just because Oro's a jerk.

Orochimaru: He gets so caught up in jerking off over Sasuke for three years (since he can't penetrate him... more literally than many of us may ever want to know... until three years pass) that some strange accident happens and he dies from it.

Rock Lee: The gates, and they will work this time because unlike the other times, he's not paired up with someone who has infinite bones or conscious sand.

Gai: In Gekitou Ninja Taisen fashion he mistakes Orochimaru (in Sasuke's body) for a child and gives him the hug. Nobody escapes the hug. Not even Kakashi.

Kakashi: Just because he has nothing better to do, he watches Naruto get sealed up again (with Sharingan open) and, because he's tired of Oro being a pain in the ass, copies the sealing technique and kills a Chakraless Oro in a cool pimp-ish way... because that's just what pimps do.

Sakura: We already know the "Inner Sakura" joke. Let's just leave it at that. Whether Oro accidentally hits her or successfully hits Sasuke, Inner Sakura will be raising hell on that day, and she'll have more Chakra then, thanks to Tsunade.

Shino: Just because he's an undercover pimp.

Well, the order of feasibility pretty much remains constant. The top five are my serious options (yes, that includes Oro impatiently jerking off to his death). I don't think Naruto can kill him because Naruto has no score to settle with him (sure, he knows that Oro was involved in the Third's death, but that obligation rests on the other two sannin, one being Oro's rival, the other being the Fifth, thereby having a natural obligation to do it just because she, too is a Hokage), and Naruto's going to defeat the GREATEST enemy, who probably resides in Akatsuki. Even though Oro and Sephiroth bear many similarities, Akatsuki is the Sephiroth of this series and Oro (mindset-wise, because even though he wants to become godlike, he lacks the badass mentality and the interesting motive) is more like the clueless Shinra that gets in the way of what's really going on.

-Yusef "The B.A.T." Pittman
fieryshadowcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-09, 20:58   Link #85
MysticNinjaJay
Ninja Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieryshadowcard
Let's see... the possibilities are...

Kabuto: See In Too Deep . I swear, if the man says one more time "I see you don't fully trust me yet," I'll kill him. Kabuto is certainly not like Oro's Sound Six (that's including Ukon and Kimimaro) or Dosu, Kin, and Zaku (Zaku at the very least).

Tsunade: By chance, she discovers it was Orochimaru who killed her little brother for one of his many experiments (valid because he was the one who found the necklace). She does what she intended to do during their last confrontation and whips his ass (as in, one punch kills him like the manga would imply, and she just wails on his lifeless body). Also, because of him, her sensei and her family are all in the Death God's belly. Reparations must be made... and damages sent to Oro's face.

Akatsuki: Just because they can.

Jiraiya: The Stand Destroyer summon. Priceless. Just because Oro's a jerk.

Orochimaru: He gets so caught up in jerking off over Sasuke for three years (since he can't penetrate him... more literally than many of us may ever want to know... until three years pass) that some strange accident happens and he dies from it.

Rock Lee: The gates, and they will work this time because unlike the other times, he's not paired up with someone who has infinite bones or conscious sand.

Gai: In Gekitou Ninja Taisen fashion he mistakes Orochimaru (in Sasuke's body) for a child and gives him the hug. Nobody escapes the hug. Not even Kakashi.

Kakashi: Just because he has nothing better to do, he watches Naruto get sealed up again (with Sharingan open) and, because he's tired of Oro being a pain in the ass, copies the sealing technique and kills a Chakraless Oro in a cool pimp-ish way... because that's just what pimps do.

Sakura: We already know the "Inner Sakura" joke. Let's just leave it at that. Whether Oro accidentally hits her or successfully hits Sasuke, Inner Sakura will be raising hell on that day, and she'll have more Chakra then, thanks to Tsunade.

Shino: Just because he's an undercover pimp.

Well, the order of feasibility pretty much remains constant. The top five are my serious options (yes, that includes Oro impatiently jerking off to his death). I don't think Naruto can kill him because Naruto has no score to settle with him (sure, he knows that Oro was involved in the Third's death, but that obligation rests on the other two sannin, one being Oro's rival, the other being the Fifth, thereby having a natural obligation to do it just because she, too is a Hokage), and Naruto's going to defeat the GREATEST enemy, who probably resides in Akatsuki. Even though Oro and Sephiroth bear many similarities, Akatsuki is the Sephiroth of this series and Oro (mindset-wise, because even though he wants to become godlike, he lacks the badass mentality and the interesting motive) is more like the clueless Shinra that gets in the way of what's really going on.

-Yusef "The B.A.T." Pittman
I think you're underestimating Orochimaru a bit too much. This guy has killed two Kage, twists everything from bhind the scenes, and was a former member of Akastsuki! He obviously knows more about whats going on than anyone else and his ambition makes him see the bigger picture. Akatsuki as a whole organization even see him as a threat now. This guy is no push over. I doubt he'll step aside and play second fiddle to Akatsuki. If he does they will be the ones to kill him in a badass battle. But we have to see Jiraiya fight Orochimaru one one one in a Kage style battle its just a must have. That sannin battle only gave us a taste of things to come.
Old 2004-11-10, 00:46   Link #86
kboykb

Definitely.. I want to see Oro fight super seriously!! He was toying with Sasuke, cursed against Jiraiya and Tsunade.. and somewhat toying with the 3rd. I just want to really see him get down in a fight where he's not smiling the whole way through.

He's definitely no one to take lightly whatsoever, and if the Akatsuki guy thinks that grouping up on him ups their chances, it's obvious they know the extent of his power. I say the only people that have a chance are Jiraiya and Tsunade, Itachi - maybe one other Akatsuki, and future Naruto/Sasuke (10 yrs from now).

Ahh - and the other kages! - well, maybe not since he took out Kaze. lol for some reason I just wanna see Raikage, lightning is just cool.
kboykb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-10, 08:09   Link #87
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by kboykb
Definitely.. I want to see Oro fight super seriously!! He was toying with Sasuke, cursed against Jiraiya and Tsunade.. and somewhat toying with the 3rd. I just want to really see him get down in a fight where he's not smiling the whole way through.

He's definitely no one to take lightly whatsoever, and if the Akatsuki guy thinks that grouping up on him ups their chances, it's obvious they know the extent of his power. I say the only people that have a chance are Jiraiya and Tsunade, Itachi - maybe one other Akatsuki, and future Naruto/Sasuke (10 yrs from now).

Ahh - and the other kages! - well, maybe not since he took out Kaze. lol for some reason I just wanna see Raikage, lightning is just cool.
There surely are 2 or 3 guys in Akatsuki as powerful as Itachi, and Itachi can defeat him as he stated. Also Itachi could defeat him when he was younger, that means Naruto and Sasuke will be able to do it after the 3 years. It would be stupid if it took another 5 years for the manga to develop Naruto and Sasuke to that level, unless Kishimoto thinks up some really cool actions around the whole narutiverse and Naruto and Jiraiya travel to all the hidden villages to train and eat ramen.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-10, 09:32   Link #88
BrownRukus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n
There surely are 2 or 3 guys in Akatsuki as powerful as Itachi, and Itachi can defeat him as he stated. Also Itachi could defeat him when he was younger, that means Naruto and Sasuke will be able to do it after the 3 years. It would be stupid if it took another 5 years for the manga to develop Naruto and Sasuke to that level, unless Kishimoto thinks up some really cool actions around the whole narutiverse and Naruto and Jiraiya travel to all the hidden villages to train and eat ramen.

Naruto and Sasuke defeat Orchimaru? No way, they will not be that strong. SO many people underestimate Orchimaru just cuz Itachi said he can defeat him, and just cuz Itachi said he can, am sure Orachimaru can do some serious damage to him. Naruto and Sasuke will be no where a Sannin lvl in 3 years.
BrownRukus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-10, 11:43   Link #89
strategos

I think Oro is dying little by little. how? well I think Kabuto infected every ninja Oro chose to be his next body. Probably he wa sthe one who infected Kimimaru with that virus, but Orochimaru found out that Kimi catched some werid virus and didnt changed body. SO this time Kabuto planned this more carfully. A virus that would spread little by little. Maybe in the next 3 year that virus will spread. And will kill Oro.
How this might go?
Well we might see Sasuke betraying Oro before he takes his body away.
During that time, the sound village might get attacked by Sand and leaf.
Then we see Naruto trying to safe Sasuke life ( as always )
Then Oro start feeling weak by the moment, naruto defeats him.
Naruto and Sasuke leave.
Then we see Oro saying to kabuto: " What happening to me "
Then we see the evil laguh of Kabuto and Kabuto explaining why did he betray him.
And the village of sound get burned together with Oro.
Then after a few chapters we might get see another manga special
Sannin side story. The two remaning Sannin explaining how did Oro ended this way
From younth to old. The life of the Sannins.
strategos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-10, 12:49   Link #90
kboykb

I don't like the thought of having a 15-17 year olds being able to defeat Orochimaru. Sure, Itachi is a prodigy or something - where Orochimaru is the once in every 10 year genius, Itachi is the once in every 50 year genius.

But then some say Naruto and Sasuke will be able to do it in 3 years? I just can't see that happening, and if it does, well, it just wouldn't look right. I know Naruto is going to be kage level some day, and I'm sure Sasuke probably will too, but let's see some experience first.
kboykb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-10, 12:53   Link #91
CyberPunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownRukus
Naruto and Sasuke defeat Orchimaru? No way, they will not be that strong. SO many people underestimate Orchimaru just cuz Itachi said he can defeat him, and just cuz Itachi said he can, am sure Orachimaru can do some serious damage to him. Naruto and Sasuke will be no where a Sannin lvl in 3 years.
..and what if sasuke drugged orochimaru? because i read that's what susanowo did in the myth just before killing him and taking the sword.
CyberPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-10, 13:04   Link #92
MysticNinjaJay
Ninja Emperor

Yeah anyone here thinking Naruto and Sasuke are just going to whip Orochimaru's ass in 3 years of training are going to be disappointed. Orochimaru and Itachi are very rare geniuses in their respective time. Thats why Sasuke has such a hard time catching up to Itachi despite learning jounin level moves. He's just a badass genius whereas Sasuke is a "head of the academy genius" like Neji. Now thats not saying they'll never catch them. A 15 year old Sasuke with training from Orochimaru has a better shot at "competing" with Itachi at 20 years old than he did 3 years before where he just got slapped around. But even in 3 years I think he's just going to get beaten in a more respectable manner. Maybe Sasuke could be Kabuto but not his brother and certainly not a Sannin like Orochimaru. Orochimaru should a rare moment in humility when he stated Itachi was stronger than him, but by how much?

If Itachi considers Jiraiya to by a mortal opponent no doubt he considers Orochimaru to be the same, even if he thinks he can beat them both he is risking his life. The gap between them could be that they have qual skill but the sharingan puts Itaci on top. If Orochimaru takes Sasuke's body it should be interesting to see how deadly he becomes. He's got the entire Akatsuki clan worried afterall. Either way I hope we see Orochimaru fight at full potential where he is trying his hardest to win the fight at all costs. He was never introuble against the 3rd Hokage until he got ahold of his soul. The 3rd struggled throughout almost the entire fight. A battle with Jiraiya or Itachi at full health would be different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberPunk
..and what if sasuke drugged orochimaru? because i read that's what susanowo did in the myth just before killing him and taking the sword.
How is Sasuke anything like Susanowo of the Japanese legend. Itachi sounds more like him. As far as the sword of Kusanagi goes I think its meant to be the real sword of legend even more than just a symbol. How Orochimaru got it isn't clear but I don't see a repeat of the story. Itachi's attacks though are more symbolic.
Old 2004-11-10, 13:21   Link #93
CyberPunk

izanagi was some guy who bathed in an underworld river and birthed the gods tsukiyomi and amaterasu in his eyes. itachi killed shisui at the nakano river to purify himself and gained the mangekyou sharingan which contains the moves tsukiyomi and amaterasu. susanowo was born in the nose of inazagi and was the wild lightning god. he was expelled from heaven to earth(or some plane of existence) for being too wreckless. in hopes to gain acceptance back into heaven, he drugged and killed an 8 headed snake monster and removed the sword from one of the tails, using it as an offering to get back into heaven. susanowo resembles sasuke a great deal if you look at all the imagery the series presents. first of all, susanowo was the lightning god. sasuke and his lightning appearing chidori move is noteworthy. konoha represents heaven for sasuke. he leaves because he's too wreckless and will probably return with the sword as an offering.
CyberPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-10, 13:28   Link #94
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShurikenJay
How is Sasuke anything like Susanowo of the Japanese legend. Itachi sounds more like him. As far as the sword of Kusanagi goes I think its meant to be the real sword of legend even more than just a symbol. How Orochimaru got it isn't clear but I don't see a repeat of the story. Itachi's attacks though are more symbolic.
The dark and coleric God of Thunder (Lightning Edge), who was driven out of Heaven by Amaterasu's will (Itachi slaughtering the Uchiha clan) and finally killed the dragon/snake with eight head and tails Yamata-no-Orochi (Orochimaru) and obtained the Kusanagi (Oro's sword).
Sounds nothing like Itachi and much like Sasuke to me.

But Kishimoto can do whatever he wants in the first place, trying to use this kind of folklore whereas there is countless version of the same story to begin with is a little worthless
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-10, 14:02   Link #95
MysticNinjaJay
Ninja Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter
The dark and coleric God of Thunder (Lightning Edge), who was driven out of Heaven by Amaterasu's will (Itachi slaughtering the Uchiha clan) and finally killed the dragon/snake with eight head and tails Yamata-no-Orochi (Orochimaru) and obtained the Kusanagi (Oro's sword).
Sounds nothing like Itachi and much like Sasuke to me.

But Kishimoto can do whatever he wants in the first place, trying to use this kind of folklore whereas there is countless version of the same story to begin with is a little worthless
Susanowo went on a killing rampage. Sounds enough like Itachi to me. I checked over at Naruto forever and they had some interesting scrolls including info about the story behind Jiraiya and the fatc that the 3 summons Toad,Snake,Snail are variations of the game Janken (Rock, Paper, Scissors) which is a hint that the Sannin are of equal power (Or that they are stronger than one and weaker than the other in which case Jiraiya is weaker than Orochimaru since Frog is afraid of snake). Anyway there is alot of folklore in Naruto but its not so clear cut that its follows the folklore stories. As far as Orochimaru goes, all the Sannin names and likenesses fit in the story of the gallant Jiraiya, thats where he gets his name from
a snake magician not the 8 headed Orochi snake that holds Kusanagi. But that story isn't followed to a tee either because Tsunade doesn't marry Jiraiya, she ironically doesn't even go on a date with him. Itachi and Sasuke might be similar to Susanowo but there is no hidden message that either is going to kill Orochimaru. That is unless Kishimoto decides to make one.
Old 2004-11-10, 14:22   Link #96
Xarrais
Hinata *drool*

I bet sasuke does it .

Orochimaru will be grooming him to be his new body and wait to long to take him over and it will get himself killed.

Sasuke saying something like thank you for all you have taught me and then kills him and goes after itachi that would be great hehe. Oro with his guard down somewhat thinking he has total control over him with the seal but sasuke's overwhelming hatred of itachi ocercomes it.
Xarrais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-10, 14:47   Link #97
Ero-Senn1n

Sasuke is Kishimoto's favourite character, there's no way that Oro takes his body. And he will try to take the body after the 3 years passed. There's 2 possibilites for the story then:
1, Sasuke is strong enough to fight with Oro and escape or even kill him. Let's suppose Kabuto is a traitor, than he will surely help Sasuke to learn the master moves of Oro like summoning the Manda. Oro will not teach him the best moves for safety reasons. But with his sharingan he can copy the seals, and for the Manda summoning Kabuto may help him to sign the contract.
2, Akatsuki comes to kill Oro and a big battle begins and either Oro is killed on the battle or Sasuke can escape in the battle. Maybe Naruto will come to save Sasuke from Oro, and Akatsuki follows Naruto. Then Akatsuki guys decide they will do 2 jobs in one day: get the Kyuubi and kill Oro.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-10, 15:36   Link #98
MysticNinjaJay
Ninja Emperor

Sasuke is just falling deeper in deeper into the rabbit hole. I haven't heard any evidence that Sasuke is Kishimoto's favorite charcter or not but even that wouldn't keep Orochimaru from taking over Sasuke's body (I'm not saying he'll never be free again). But there's no way in hell Sasuke is going to defeat Orochimaru on his own. I doubt in 3 years he could even summon Manda and he certainly won't have the raw strength to do it. The Curse seal isn't going to allow you to be stronger than the one who gave you the justsu and in 3 years Sasuke isn't going to have the raw power on his own. Oro taught Anko tons of jutsu since she was a genin and now she is an elite jounin, even with all her kinjutsu including suicide techniques, she was child's play for Orochimaru. Sasuke wouldn't be any different with his Uchiha blood and Sharingan, thats all he has going for him. He is clearly not progressing at the same level Itachi was or he wouldn't be trying to get artificial strength from orochimaru in the first place.

Now Kabuto and Sasuke conspiring against Orochimaru? Thats far more plausible. I think we'll see what Sasuke has learned in 3 years before we see any betrayal plots or body possessing.
Old 2004-11-10, 21:10   Link #99
someotherguy

Ramen girl will definitely kick his ass with a secret jutsu.

Make him eat 1 ton of ramen(althought an excellent recipe) in 1 second which will make oro explode.
someotherguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-11, 13:50   Link #100
Jer!
God Emperor

I can't see Sasuke getting taken over by Oro, firstly becuse the Itachi revenge has to be resolved in some way, but mainly becuse without him to act as Narutos rival the series simply wouldnt work. Sasuke will escape, probarbly by fighting Oro and not necicarly beating him but holding him back enough to escape.

As for who kills Oro eventualy, Jiraiya would be my first bet, that said Sasuke or Naruto could aswell, this time skip gives alot of flexability for how strong they are.
Jer! is offline   Reply With Quote