AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2004-03-11, 08:23   Link #1
RavenChild
エリック

Send a message via AIM to RavenChild Send a message via MSN to RavenChild
It's Official...

It's Official... I'm moving from the beloved south . At the end of my school year, my family will be packing up and going outside of cincinnati, OH. But something else might happen first, i might go to japan as an exchange student. if that goes through then i'll finish off my senior year at my current school.

now to my question, do any of you live around that area? i used to go up there to vist my grandmother and aunt but i haven't been up in about a year. Also this obivously shouldn't effect my activity here but my website might be down for a few days.
Old 2004-03-11, 10:44   Link #2
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

My family comes from Ohio, down near Defiance. IF you're ever over there, look up the Deurk's. You might even get treated to a very delicious traditional german dinner while you're there.

Trust me, you'll love Ohio. But on the subject of exchange student. When you going and where in Japan? Will it be HS studies, or College? Personally, I'm jealous of you now. I've really wanted to be an exchange student for a while, but never got the chance. Good luck if you go though.
Old 2004-03-11, 12:40   Link #3
Mephisto03
セスラハニカ

going from the south to ohio. your entire life has been in shame. go live some real area :-D
Mephisto03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-11, 14:15   Link #4
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

Send a message via AIM to hobobaggins
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mephisto03
going from the south to ohio. your entire life has been in shame. go live some real area :-D
EX: california. go governator!
hobobaggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-11, 15:07   Link #5
Kurara
Ningyou Hime

Send a message via ICQ to Kurara Send a message via AIM to Kurara Send a message via MSN to Kurara
:D But at least you'll get to see snow in the winter now!

[ I'm not helping, am I? ;_; ]
Kurara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-11, 15:16   Link #6
Za Paper

I used to live near Cincinnati. If you dont mind obnoxious civil leaders who blame the police for everything then its an ok place to live.
Za Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-11, 17:19   Link #7
Ral
Idea!

I live on the opposite side of Ohio from Cincinnati in Cleveland and I don't know of any good things that are down there. Maybe you'll see snow like Kurara said. The weather is pretty messed up here. Last Friday, it was about 70 degrees. Then on Sunday, it starts to snow.
Ral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-11, 17:26   Link #8
Lexander
www.thefestlanders.com

A trip to Japan for a year sounds great, I say you try hard to get there Japan > Ohio
Lexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-11, 18:04   Link #9
Oneesama
本當に愛してるなら, "鰻食べる?ってきかないで

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenChild
It's Official... I'm moving from the beloved south . At the end of my school year, my family will be packing up and going outside of cincinnati, OH. But something else might happen first, i might go to japan as an exchange student. if that goes through then i'll finish off my senior year at my current school.

now to my question, do any of you live around that area? i used to go up there to vist my grandmother and aunt but i haven't been up in about a year. Also this obivously shouldn't effect my activity here but my website might be down for a few days.

heh~~ is Ohio anywhere near Canada :P pardon me my limited geography knowledge =.='' If yes, I will make you Chinese food :P If not~~ o well... see ya...

ok. ok. truth. I really do envy you going to Japan as an exchange student. LOTZ of MANAGA and Animes ...... >_<~~~ i want to go too~~

GOOD LUCK TO YOU!!!!! and HAVE FUN

Last edited by Oneesama; 2004-03-11 at 18:54. Reason: spelling =.='''
Oneesama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-11, 18:19   Link #10
Tzurial
in silent opposition

Send a message via AIM to Tzurial Send a message via MSN to Tzurial
I moved from the south not too long ago.. ;_; that was a sad day...anyway I hope you get the chance to go to Japan..that would be much better than Ohio, Ive never really been there but it has a reputation for being..uh..Ohio

Oneesama! I live close to canada! will you make me chinese food?!
Tzurial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-11, 18:23   Link #11
diabolistic
pythagorean≠python gorax

i think Ohio is far from Canada.
well, at least thats what i keep telling myself to justify why my first crush only wrote back once ;_;

diabolistic has some har gow siu mai with Tzurial and Oneesama

<Pabs> kcl, you sure do put out a lot of Naruto eps
diabolistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-11, 18:35   Link #12
kj1980
kaii~...kana? kana?

If you come here, do not live in an urban area. It is stressful. I strongly suggest rural areas as they have more culture and festive activities.

On the other hand, if you really want to enjoy urban life, come prepared for crowded trains, expensive housing costs, and unfriendly people.
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-11, 19:48   Link #13
RavenChild
エリック

Send a message via AIM to RavenChild Send a message via MSN to RavenChild
<long post>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Raiden
My family comes from Ohio, down near Defiance. IF you're ever over there, look up the Deurk's. You might even get treated to a very delicious traditional german dinner while you're there.

Trust me, you'll love Ohio. But on the subject of exchange student. When you going and where in Japan? Will it be HS studies, or College? Personally, I'm jealous of you now. I've really wanted to be an exchange student for a while, but never got the chance. Good luck if you go though.
I'm going for high school (younger the girls the better eh?) if i go then that'll mean that i'm going to stay in the south when i come back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mephisto03
do you mean that in a good or bad way?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurara
But at least you'll get to see snow in the winter now!

[ I'm not helping, am I? ;_; ]
well i get snow every once in a while but not in large quantities. hopefully i won't have to live there very long, i'm a sophmore in HS and i might be moving away from my family already, that just seems odd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ral
I live on the opposite side of Ohio from Cincinnati in Cleveland and I don't know of any good things that are down there. Maybe you'll see snow like Kurara said. The weather is pretty messed up here. Last Friday, it was about 70 degrees. Then on Sunday, it starts to snow.
too bad you live sort-of far away. we could have gone out for sushi sometime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexander
Japan > Ohio
true, very true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneesama
heh~~ is Ohio anywhere near Canada :P pardon me my limited geography knowledge =.='' If yes, I will make you Chinese food :P If not~~ o well... see ya...

ok. ok. truth. I really do envy you going to Japan as an exchange student. LOTZ of MANAGA and Animes ...... >_<~~~ i want to go too~~

GOOD LUCK TO YOU!!!!! and HAVE FUN
thanks but ohio is a few miles away from canada.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzurial
I moved from the south not too long ago.. ;_; that was a sad day...anyway I hope you get the chance to go to Japan..that would be much better than Ohio, Ive never really been there but it has a reputation for being..uh..Ohio
The south has to be the greatest part of the us right? Mississippi is where i want to be(unless i stay in Japan)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
If you come here, do not live in an urban area. It is stressful. I strongly suggest rural areas as they have more culture and festive activities.

On the other hand, if you really want to enjoy urban life, come prepared for crowded trains, expensive housing costs, and unfriendly people.
city life isn't my thing because i live outside a small city such as jackson right now. by the way, do you live in ohio?

</long post>
Old 2004-03-11, 22:29   Link #14
Mr_Anonomis
El Diablo Blanco!

Send a message via AIM to Mr_Anonomis
ohio has a lot of cool conventions in and around it so that's pretty cool...i guess, i would probably live in Ohio rather than Illinios, but, that's just me...as for the exchange student part, i am so jealous, i really want to go to Japan, it would be so cool...yup, well good luck on that, and i hope you can stay in your beloved south.
Mr_Anonomis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-11, 22:51   Link #15
Oneesama
本當に愛してるなら, "鰻食べる?ってきかないで

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzurial
Oneesama! I live close to canada! will you make me chinese food?!
ok! anytime welcome ^______^

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabolistic
diabolistic has some har gow siu mai with Tzurial and Oneesama
Dim sum seems a good idea!

btw~~ Raven~~~
you can update our forums with all the LIVE BROADCASTS from Japan
Oneesama is offline   Reply With Quote