AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-03-09, 14:48   Link #241
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Yagi figured he wouldn't waste time with Tabitha and I am okay with that.
Old 2010-03-09, 16:23   Link #242
evil_kenshin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
But we already know why male claymores didn't work.
not really its a plot hole.

we can see from Riful once they awaken that's it in terms of growth

yet every male AB in human form we have seen has been an adult/fully mature.

If anything if it was just due to pleasure they would of awoken during puberty (so all Riful sized) but we know that isn't the case.
Old 2010-03-09, 17:40   Link #243
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

While I do want the issue clarified, I won't be too upset if it ever isn't. I always saw the whole "their aren't any Male claymores, why, because awakening is pleasurable" as really just an excuse so Yagi could create an all-female cast; one of those things where it's better not to ask too many questions since the excuse itself, is silly, kind of childish and doesn't make much sense.

While I think the odds are likely amongst other things like economy, or the debate on children, that we will ever have this issue relooked, I won't be too upset if it's not.
Old 2010-03-09, 17:49   Link #244
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil_kenshin View Post
not really its a plot hole.

we can see from Riful once they awaken that's it in terms of growth

yet every male AB in human form we have seen has been an adult/fully mature.

If anything if it was just due to pleasure they would of awoken during puberty (so all Riful sized) but we know that isn't the case.
We don't know the circumstances of how the first generation came to be... they might not have been orphans like later generations or they could have been. After all it would be hard to get orphans just when the yoma where introduced and before they spread everywhere, though it's not impossible either. All we know is that all the ones we've seen to have been in their 20-30s (maybe first male ab was a late teenager ... he did seem younger) though it's hard to tell what 47ish males trained from boyhood to be warriors would grow too look like. Isley and Rigardo did seem younger than Dauf...
Old 2010-03-09, 17:52   Link #245
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus
Isley and Rigardo did seem younger than Dauf...
No way!!!

You honestly got that impression? They all seemed to be the same age as me. In fact, I always thought he was a bit younger; I always saw Dauf as the fat chubby kid the older kids would make fun of .

He always was a big crybaby .
Old 2010-03-09, 17:53   Link #246
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
While I do want the issue clarified, I won't be too upset if it ever isn't. I always saw the whole "their aren't any Male claymores, why, because awakening is pleasurable" as really just an excuse so Yagi could create an all-female cast; one of those things where it's better not to ask too many questions since the excuse itself, is silly, kind of childish and doesn't make much sense.

While I think the odds are likely amongst other things like economy, or the debate on children, that we will ever have this issue relooked, I won't be too upset if it's not.
You could very well be right... or maybe the org just found training 47 rebellious boys with monster strength too hard. They are cowards after all and any rebellious teenage boy would spot that right away and be like "Fuck you old man... you can't do shit to me... I've got the power" (oops, I awakened).
Old 2010-03-09, 17:55   Link #247
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
No way!!!

You honestly got that impression? They all seemed to be the same age as me. In fact, I always thought he was a bit younger; I always saw Dauf as the fat chubby kid the older kids would make fun of .

He always was a big crybaby .
It's hard to age huge guys who look stupid... We could both be wrong and he could be the same age as them
Old 2010-03-09, 18:07   Link #248
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post
You could very well be right... or maybe the org just found training 47 rebellious boys with monster strength too hard. They are cowards after all and any rebellious teenage boy would spot that right away and be like "Fuck you old man... you can't do shit to me... I've got the power" (oops, I awakened).
I'VE GOT THE POWER!!!!

Old 2010-03-09, 18:49   Link #249
MisterJB
Warden of the West

Quote:
, no she does not; MisterJB wonders why she even exists and honestly, so am I.
Fanservice, I suposse.
Old 2010-03-09, 21:40   Link #250
Negativedark
Proud Yuma Lover.

Oh boy, I feel bad even thinking this, but the talk of Raki becoming some sort of monster, and Claire having to bring him back has made me come up with this horrible idea...

Spoiler for A bit NSFW:

Please don't hate me.
Old 2010-03-09, 21:49   Link #251
evil_kenshin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negativedark View Post
Oh boy, I feel bad even thinking this, but the talk of Raki becoming some sort of monster, and Claire having to bring him back has made me come up with this horrible idea...

Spoiler for A bit NSFW:

Please don't hate me.
was someone just reading the newest chapter of Rosario + Vampire II?

I wouldn't mind if Clare and Raki did it, but not as a tentacle monster
Old 2010-03-09, 21:51   Link #252
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
was someone just reading the newest chapter of Rosario + Vampire II?

I wouldn't mind if Clare and Raki did it, but not as a tentacle monster
What's wrong with tentacle monsters getting love?
Old 2010-03-09, 21:57   Link #253
evil_kenshin

Quote:
Nothing at all
Old 2010-03-09, 22:14   Link #254
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:

Obviously it's an excuse. At least it was addressed and not overlooked, right?

Quote:
...Everything.
Old 2010-03-09, 22:27   Link #255
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

I should remind people that we have seen a tentacle monster so far...the 6-armed AB from the Slayers arc.

He had his tongue all over Miria
Old 2010-03-09, 22:36   Link #256
evil_kenshin

Quote:
He had his tongue all over Miria
poor shiek someone beat you to the punch
Old 2010-03-09, 22:53   Link #257
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
poor shiek someone beat you to the punch
Ssssssssssshoot!!!

I'm not good at jokes like that anyway....I'm better at photos with Jim Carrey
Old 2010-03-10, 00:12   Link #258
yononaka
nani ni tatoemu

Quote:
I actually just got the chance to sit down and really read gernot's translation of 101. I'm so glad he came out with this chapter so quickly... and the MiB scanlation of it looked so good.

I will say that I really loved Yuma's thoughts as she got wounded luring the hellcats away. Though I was laughing my ass off when I read this line... "I heard Tabitha is always saying the same thing as Miria."

A) It means Yuma hasn't really gotten to know Tabitha in the 7 years they've been trapped in the frozen north alone. and Just how anti-social was Yuma?
B) That Miria has a pet parrot
C) Best of all... that the other ghosts have been gossiping behind Tabitha's back
That's actually a mistake. Looks like gernot accidentally wrote down the originalそうだし as 言そうだし, leading to a mistranslation. The latter would indeed mean hearsay, but the form actually used is indicative of likely behavior, as in "Tabitha of course would say the same thing as Miria".

I don't make a habit of it, but this sounded improbable, so I checked.
Old 2010-03-10, 01:22   Link #259
gernot

@yononaka: Thanks for the correction!
@ryus: If a line just sounds terribly wrong, it probably is... Feel free to pm me in such a case, I do most of my translating late at night, and bad things happen :-)
Old 2010-03-10, 02:05   Link #260
yononaka
nani ni tatoemu

Quote:
Originally Posted by gernot View Post
@yononaka: Thanks for the correction!
@ryus: If a line just sounds terribly wrong, it probably is... Feel free to pm me in such a case, I do most of my translating late at night, and bad things happen :-)
You're welcome. Sorry for not contacting you directly; I thought I'd respond to the post that prompted me to look, and then figured that even if you wanted to change that, the scanlations were already out there and I wasn't sure if the groups would v2 those. That, and I'm lazy.

BTW I'm pretty sure Ryus meant he laughed because it was funny, not because he though it was terribly wrong.
Closed Thread