AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Suggestions

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-03-10, 20:53   Link #21
Full Metal Coast
-Gantzer-

Location: Perth, Western Australia - Down Where The City Meets The Sea
ill second H20- footprints in the sand and also add

True Tears
Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora
and the ef series
Old 2010-03-11, 10:02   Link #22
y_nikita

skip beat !!!!! wouww i loved it...
mmm waht is ef ?? what is the long name for it ??
Old 2010-03-11, 10:06   Link #23
y_nikita

ef: a tale of memories??
Old 2010-03-11, 13:52   Link #24
TyG3R

Yes , that is the first season .
Old 2010-03-13, 09:27   Link #25
Wavie
Freedom

Send a message via ICQ to Wavie Send a message via MSN to Wavie Send a message via Skype™ to Wavie
hey did u ever watch any hikaru no go or hajime no ippo?

i just forgot one really good romance anime you would LOVE. Its sorta, action, drama and romance all in one. Truly a great master piece that a lot of people dont think of recommending to people asking for that genre.

The anime is called stellvia. It is set in the future. You will LOVE IT. Great animation, story and cast.

but anyway did ya did ya . watch any lol?
My Anime List
Old 2010-03-14, 13:41   Link #26
y_nikita

hi wavie,unfortunately i didnt have time to watch it..i was firts wayching skip beat,then rad the manga,then i started NANA and then read the manga so i didnt have time or interest to look for other series...but i will soon when i feel like..
by the way thanks for those who recomended skip beat and nana,they were really amazing...i love nana also but i am kid of dissapointed now because i have to wait to see the end and soon i will not have time to read or watch so i will always be curious i wanna see how it ends
anyway i am in a mood to watch anime like paradise kiss,Nana,Skip beat..do you guys know anything similarr? i loved how ai yazawa puts the story.i mean it was (for parakiss and nana) like a real real slice of life where it shows you all about life instead of a fairytale...no such unrealistic developments such as guy waits years and years for kissing the girl on the cheek,and l,ve happily ever after in a perfect life blah blah...and i am interested in fashion-and doing it prrofesionaly since 2 yeas- so for me those 2 series were more than pleasant...by the way sometimes i love fairy tales too but i guess now i wanna watch more realistic anime than a tale..may be because i watches alot before i am tired of them now can anybody suggest any anime similar to them??
Old 2010-03-14, 14:08   Link #27
Wavie
Freedom

Send a message via ICQ to Wavie Send a message via MSN to Wavie Send a message via Skype™ to Wavie
maybe stellvia but its set in future. that anime has better ratings than skip beat and nana.

still though hikaru no go is the way to go. thats realistic, real life setting and very good show to watch.

hikaru no go has a rating of Rating 8.59 out of 3322 votes.

stellvia has a rating of 8.01 out of 1945 votes.

hajime no ippo has a mixture of comedy, fights, romance and your daily life needs. Where on skip beat she follows a carreer of acting and inbetween tells her story. Ippo follows the career of a boxer and inbetween tells his daily life story. Only difference is that he is male (ippo) and she is female (skip beat). Honostly try it thats what you are looking for.

Ippo has a rating of 8.84 out of 2908 votes.

Dont be put off by the boxing, board game or future aspect of those animes like I was. I regretted not watching them sooner.

Remember ippo has one series, 2 specials and one more series.

Stellvia one series.
Hikaru no go one series + one special.
My Anime List
Old 2010-03-15, 00:13   Link #28
Kazu
Flowing

This is what I said in a few threads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu View Post
I don't think I see BECK Mongolian Chop Squad, it's my favorite manga, inspired me to play guitar and what kind if music I listen to

It's about a loser kid who picks up playin guitar after meeting this guy, who is trying to form a band
The loser kid eventually joins his band as he has a hidden voice talent and has been practicing for hours , The bands called BECK and most of the story is about them trying to get out of the indie scene and be a world famous band.

BE WARNED though, The arts pretty Bad in the beginning it'll eventually progress greatly, heres an example

Spoiler for manga(before):

Spoiler for Manga(now):

Spoiler for anime:
Although if you're looking for anime, I watched the anime before the manga, But the manga is infinitely better I like the art in it better too, well the later art.

The only romance is the main character and Maho(check my sig} they get together later on the story then it focuses on their relationship from there on as well as the whole band thing, I don't know much about romance so I don't know if it's a great romance

I did think it was romantic when they swam together naked while singing Swimming Bare or the anime version Moon on the Water
Old 2010-03-15, 00:46   Link #29
capture
Saber's Husband XD

Send a message via Yahoo to capture
hmmm have you watched these one..

Ai Yori no Aoshi + Enishi (season2)
~ this one isnt bad at all I think, just try it if you want.

Full Moon o Sagashite
~ kinda serious but one of the best romance animes I think...

Gakuen Alice ~ not romance but fun to watch in some ways ^^
Old 2010-03-15, 04:37   Link #30
karabagunas

Kamichama Karin!!!
Old 2010-03-22, 01:34   Link #31
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

I'll second Cross Game (or is it third? )

Either way, I noticed that you quit on Clannad and I really think you should get through the first season because the second season Clannad: After Story, is what makes this series one of the best romance/drama/comedy animes out there. Trust me on this, you might even enjoy some of the later arc's in the first season. Clannad is an experience that should not be missed

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
Old 2010-03-22, 10:12   Link #32
BetoJR
D-d-don't look!!!
*Artist

Clearly, you should check Cross Game out. Give it a try, at least the first episode.

Old 2010-03-23, 05:36   Link #33
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Hey Beto I think you're copypasta your suggestions from every thread.

Also Cross Game.
Old 2010-03-23, 10:24   Link #34
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

I was going to recommend Cross Game here, but I see a lot of people have strangely done so already.

Other than that, I'll second Dex-Kun in that you need to give CLANNAD a second chance. It does get a LOT much better in the second season. Not that the first season is bad, but the second season actually made it to #1 anime in many anime lists, just for reference if you care about such things.
Old 2010-03-26, 05:40   Link #35
y_nikita

hey guys,
wouww so many people suggested about cross game and clannad,and ok i will give them a try at the end,i trust you
so far after my lasy message,i watched full metal alchemist both first series and brotherhood,i wanted to have a change,and i loved them ( brotherhood much more than first series ) and i watched Zero no Tsukaima...i cahanged the genge because after nana i was sooooo depressed and sad and touched so i wanted to watch silly comedy( here comes Zero no Tsukaima ) and some good action,mystery ( full metal alchemist )...now i will first watch cross game then clannad...
thanks for suggestions guys
take care
Old 2010-03-31, 23:39   Link #36
darry

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeX-kun View Post
I'll second Cross Game (or is it third? )

Either way, I noticed that you quit on Clannad and I really think you should get through the first season because the second season Clannad: After Story, is what makes this series one of the best romance/drama/comedy animes out there. Trust me on this, you might even enjoy some of the later arc's in the first season. Clannad is an experience that should not be missed
oh Yes by far the best Anime ever ! if you like the Genre you shouldnt miss it
Old 2010-04-01, 11:58   Link #37
y_nikita

hey guys,i finished clannad and i dont believe i was cold to this anime..it was super good...thanks to push me to watch that anime..
mmmm more suggestions ??
cross game i watched 4 episodes but characters are a bit too young for me :P i like more characters like in nana,skip beat,lovely complex etc...
Old 2010-04-01, 12:59   Link #38
Wavie
Freedom

i recommended you some of the best animes you shouldnt just pass em by. as i said... watch ippo (god if u liked skip beat you'll like that). nuff said.
My Anime List
Old 2010-04-17, 08:26   Link #39
darkacc112

Ef: A Tale Of Memories. Then Ef: A Tale of Melodies. ive watched memories and it was the BEST short romance anime ever.also try the anime romance movies[ 5 centimeters per second] and the movie [ the place promised in our earlier days]. i havent seen the place promiised in our earlier days though, but it seems okay. PLEASE WATCH EF!
Old 2010-04-22, 12:04   Link #40
MamoruUsagi

The Devil Does Exist
Mars
Kare First Love
Paradise Kiss
High School Debut
Happy Hustle High
Sand Chronicles
Akuma De Sourou
Wild Act

are really good romance / slice of life manga.
Closed Thread