AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Durarara!!

Notices

Old 2010-03-05, 11:29   Link #1
White Manju Bun
God of Calamity
*Author

Character Discussion - Celty

The purpose of this thread is to provide a place to discuss all things Celty related.
To keep the discussion enjoyable for all Durarara!! fans, please follow the guidelines below and stay on-topic!
Note: Please don't use this for the specifics (i.e. episode, chapter, game, etc. discussion) there are other threads for that stuff.
Thread Guidelines
  • No campaigning!
    No "hate" or "xyz must die" posts. Discuss why you do or don't like characters without whinging and whining or blatantly campaigning for your favourite.

• Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    Do not insult or harass other members for their likes and dislikes. Do not take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member because they express a fondness for a character you loathe. Discussion and good spirited banter are always welcome, but harassing people will not be tolerated.

• Discuss, don't chat.
    Please remember that AnimeSuki is a discussion forum, not a chat room, there is a difference. If you wish to chat, then please make use of our IRC channel.

• Have fun, but post intelligently.
    It's great to have fun, but please try your best to add substance to what you post and make your thoughts interesting for the generation of fans that will follow after you’re long gone and on to watching some other series.

• Use Spoiler tags!
    Spoilers are allowed, but they must be enclosed in spoiler tags clearly marked with a proper title. Failure to do this can result in a BAN.

• Adding a Spoiler tag:
      Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms. Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!

• Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
      Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar. Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators to locate and deal with problems quickly.

• Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
      Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly. The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-05, 12:01   Link #2
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Even though I am not a fan of airheads, she a certain ''quality'' attracts me to her

Spoiler for But seriously now:
Old 2010-03-05, 13:08   Link #3
ZeroForever

Well she is the 'main' character of the series... i mean it's somewhat named after her and she easily has the largest plot points.

Personally I think she has a certain charm or as you noted 'quality', she not really a air head per say more along the lines of indecisive but still strong willed. Nekomini biker helmet wins though.
Old 2010-03-05, 13:55   Link #4
Iron Maw
~Undying Loyality~

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroForever View Post
Well she is the 'main' character of the series... i mean it's somewhat named after her and she easily has the largest plot points.

Personally I think she has a certain charm or as you noted 'quality', she not really a air head per say more along the lines of indecisive but still strong willed. Nekomini biker helmet wins though.
Eh, the "airhead" comment was joke.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-06, 18:54   Link #5
Kallen4life

like her very much

she's easily excited, very cute

and her friendship with Shizuo

hope she gets that head by the end
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Kallen4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-06, 21:51   Link #6
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Celty is very relateable. Who couldn't identify with a young person in modern Japan just trying to get ahead?
Guardian Enzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-06, 21:58   Link #7
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Celty is very relateable. Who couldn't identify with a young person in modern Japan just trying to get ahead?

LOL clever very clever. And so true isn't it?
Old 2010-03-07, 01:19   Link #8
RJ TAYLER

Yes a real Boleyn Biker Babe to be sure, to be sure.
Old 2010-03-07, 22:17   Link #9
Eater of All
NOM

20 years ago, Celty Sturluson and her husband, the Head, were throwing bathtubs of blood onto civilians as usual when they encountered a particularly beautiful Dullahan. The Head complimented the other Dullahan on her beautiful body, resulting in a jealous Celty throwing a fit when they had returned to their graveyard. The Head has had enough of Celty's selfish ways however, and finally decided to make the painful decision of divorce. He rolled off in the middle of the night in search of a better soulmate in Ikebukuro, Japan, the city of weirdos.

Celty, upon realizing the atrocity she had committed, embarked on a journey to find her husband and to seek forgiveness. After a painful 20 years, the two finally reunites in Ikebukuro park, but by a cruel twist of fate, the Head is already betrothed to his new love,
Spoiler for ep9:
Meanwhile, Dr. Shinra Kishitani finds himself hopelessly in love with Celty Sturluson, but no matter how much he tries persuading Celty to give up on her ex-husband, she wouldn't give them any heed.

How will this love triangle end? Will Celty finally accept Shinra as a love interest, or will the Head reconsider his bond with ex-wife Celty? And what does Mika Harima have to say in all this?

Stay tuned in Durarara!! The Life and Times of Celty Sturluson.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I see what you did there.

Last edited by Eater of All; 2010-03-07 at 22:28.
Eater of All is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-08, 05:06   Link #10
Haak
CAKE!

The way they somehow manage to turn a headless grim reaper into a very human character is just brilliant. I think she's great.
Old 2010-03-08, 16:51   Link #11
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
She is a really likable character. Amazing how easily you can understand her feelings.
Old 2010-03-12, 18:22   Link #12
Xellos-_^
Married

she believed in Aliens

she is afraid of Aliens
Old 2010-04-15, 09:07   Link #13
JokerD

Point to note, I wonder how she will ride her motorcycle when she gets her head back. Carrying it in her hand as she does when she rides a horse?

Also, she has been in the same form since the doctor's (name escapes me at the moment) been a child, would she be considered a cradle snatcher for their romance?
JokerD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-15, 10:18   Link #14
Haak
CAKE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JokerD View Post
Point to note, I wonder how she will ride her motorcycle when she gets her head back. Carrying it in her hand as she does when she rides a horse?
She'll probably have to put it in the helmet.
Old 2010-04-15, 11:27   Link #15
Iron Maw
~Undying Loyality~

Quote:
Originally Posted by JokerD View Post
Also, she has been in the same form since the doctor's (name escapes me at the moment) been a child, would she be considered a cradle snatcher for their romance?
Only if she went after when he was child. Celty and Shinra were until recently basically chlidhood friends despite her being an immortal.
Old 2010-04-15, 12:36   Link #16
Xellos-_^
Married

look again to Shizuo's flashback, Shinra defintely was already targeting clety back then.

Anyway do the fans prefer Celty with a Head or without a head?
Old 2010-04-15, 12:54   Link #17
Iron Maw
~Undying Loyality~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
look again to Shizuo's flashback, Shinra defintely was already targeting clety back then.

No, I'm talking about Celty having a interest in Shinra when he was younger.

I kinda prefer her headless since it's somewhat weird seeing her hold it in her hands.
Old 2010-04-15, 23:35   Link #18
Edge Meltdown
AxS HxM TxA RxS JxK HxM

Quote:

i prefer w/o the head... cool and mysterious and it reminds me when i saw the venus de milo for the first time although she's only missing her arms.
Edge Meltdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-17, 07:49   Link #19
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Quote:
Without, because I'm guessing with it she won't be Celty no more. I'm pretty sure that the head will force her to go around chucking blood at people and wailing their deaths.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
No, I'm talking about Celty having a interest in Shinra when he was younger.
Shinra has only recently gotten Celty to look towards him that way. Rather then Celty being a cradle snatcher, I think it should be Shinra has always had great taste in women even as a child
Old 2010-04-17, 17:59   Link #20
Kallen4life

she's so moe
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Kallen4life is offline   Reply With Quote