AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Kagaku no Railgun - Episode 22 Rating
Perfect 10 4 6.78%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 24 40.68%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 14 23.73%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 13.56%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 11.86%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.69%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.69%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-03-06, 19:51   Link #41
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: middle of nowhere, Virginia
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanish View Post
I think Uiharu not having used it before wouldn't have made sense if her power was useful, and it's Level 1 anyway. xD
Bah, there are plenty of uses. Uiharu just doesn't appreciate her power enough. NO ONE MUST KNOW.

Come to think of it, it's odd that they'd just reveal her power offhand like that, anime-original. I mean, that was her Big Mystery! All that speculation about flowers, powers, and mind controlling plants... gone! So much for 'Uiharu "Mystery Power" Kazari'...
__________________
KaneDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-06, 20:33   Link #42
Fandal
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
So Misaka is about to enter a very dark and complicated world. The most interesting part I saw was the portion where if the data couldn't be found, should the children be allowed to wake up? Misaka basically said yes & no at the same time!

It does make me wonder about the next episode. What happens if Telestina says to save the city the children must be "eliminated"? I wonder how Misaka will react.
Fandal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-06, 21:16   Link #43
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: middle of nowhere, Virginia
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fandal View Post
I wonder how Misaka will react.
Cyberterrorism and explosions, bless her heart.
__________________
KaneDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-06, 21:29   Link #44
Vanish
Science Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Somewhere.
Age: 22
Send a message via Skype™ to Vanish
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon View Post
Come to think of it, it's odd that they'd just reveal her power offhand like that, anime-original. I mean, that was her Big Mystery! All that speculation about flowers, powers, and mind controlling plants... gone! So much for 'Uiharu "Mystery Power" Kazari'...
Maybe they wanted to relieve the curiousity of people, who knows. Even the Seiyuus were puzzled about her power after all.

And yeah, the title's so wrong now!

Off-Topic: May I know what your sig is from, KaneDragon? It kinds looks really awkward... but cute.
Vanish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-06, 22:08   Link #45
taofd
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fandal View Post
So Misaka is about to enter a very dark and complicated world. The most interesting part I saw was the portion where if the data couldn't be found, should the children be allowed to wake up? Misaka basically said yes & no at the same time!

It does make me wonder about the next episode. What happens if Telestina says to save the city the children must be "eliminated"? I wonder how Misaka will react.
All roads lead to Touma. Just sprinkle a little bit of Touma, and all their powers are negated. Even the essence is based in esper power, so just have Touma... and all will be well...

Come on people, it's not that hard. I also sincerely doubt that there is some NT that is esper specific that would cause espers to randomly start manifesting level 6 powers. They obviously never studied psychopharm / neural anatomy
taofd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-06, 23:13   Link #46
Chaos2Frozen
She's Watching
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: SG Panopticon
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by taofd View Post
Even the essence is based in esper power, so just have Touma... and all will be well...
I was under the impression that the Crytallized Essence was form from chemicals produced by the brain, and not a result of AIM. Imagine Breaker wouldn't be able to destroy that... Unless I'm mistaken and that somehow, that thing has an AIM field...
Chaos2Frozen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-07, 00:21   Link #47
ReddyRedWolf
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanedragon
Cyberterrorism and explosions, bless her heart.
Quote:
Originally Posted by taofd View Post
All roads lead to Touma. Just sprinkle a little bit of Touma, and all their powers are negated. Even the essence is based in esper power, so just have Touma... and all will be well...
Oi Its not season two yet.


Indeed where is old man Kihara? As for the first sample will they be able to find it? As far as I know there is one person in both Railgun and Index who uses that drug.

I wonder how all the plots would converge particularly Capacity Down.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-07, 00:37   Link #48
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Well, Railgun is getting a bit boring, but if it's for a memorable ending then go for it.

6/10
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-07, 01:52   Link #49
DRAGUN H.E.X.
DAT Shiny Gunpla~
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: brunei darusalam
Age: 25
Send a message via Yahoo to DRAGUN H.E.X.
man, makes want another To Aru spin-off staring MAR themselves
Spoiler for how MAR should have been looked like...:
__________________
TRANSFORMERS
MACHINE ROBO
DIAROBO
GYROZETTER
DRAGUN H.E.X. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-07, 03:19   Link #50
Primary Consult
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Age: 30
Everyone had at least one wow moment in this:
-Saten: Telling Uiharu to get over herself
-Uiharu: Revealing her power
-Kurokox2: Bath + Dream Scene
-Mikotox2: Infiltration gear + internal debate on who to side with
-Doc Frog: was there

So yeah, had to give it a 10.

There needs to be more fighting of some kind, though. During level upper there was at least a minor battle in every episode, now though the best we got was Uiharu vs. room temperature.
Primary Consult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-07, 09:26   Link #51
Miraluka
Even after hope's lost...
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon View Post
Bah, there are plenty of uses. Uiharu just doesn't appreciate her power enough. NO ONE MUST KNOW.

Come to think of it, it's odd that they'd just reveal her power offhand like that, anime-original. I mean, that was her Big Mystery! All that speculation about flowers, powers, and mind controlling plants... gone! So much for 'Uiharu "Mystery Power" Kazari'...
D:
The tittle of thread shoudl Uiharu "Level 1 Toaster" Kazari

P.S: lol at KaneDragon brofist
__________________
The world is collapsing

Last edited by Miraluka; 2010-03-07 at 09:37.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-07, 11:17   Link #52
Ksher
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
First off I really liked the episode.


Now as for Uiharu's power. Seeings as it's already been spoiled about 50 times I'm not gonna bother hiding this in a a spoiler box. It may not be as useless as it seems, that is a strong may however. Fist we think why is she so good with computers?..... Well she can keep things at a constant temperature, various computer parts that cant overheat equals a blazing fast machine from being overclocked to the point where if it weren't temperature controlled it would catch fire. Again this is just a possibility so who know maybe she just is a-- "level 1 microwave/toaster".
Ksher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-07, 15:23   Link #53
AnimeFreak9798
Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Canada
I overall liked the episode but, had to rate it 8/10 since they spoiled Uiharu's power. Now it's no fun looking her up anymore also, her power is not that epicm all she can do is keep things warm (since she is still level 1).

Also, seeing Kuroko sleep mode was kinda awkward and unexpected if you ask me (even though that's normal kuroko)
AnimeFreak9798 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-07, 16:06   Link #54
Haak
God Damn Christmas Songs
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: UK
Age: 23
My thoughts:

Spoiler for space:
__________________
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-07, 20:52   Link #55
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
One of the things I can't stand is when the hero(ine) makes a BLAHBLAH I DONT LIKE YOUR METHODS SO I WILL STAND IN YOUR WAY AND SUPPORT THE BAD GUYS DESTROYING YOUR DREAM/WORK/WHATEVER AND ALSO TRAMPLE ON YOUR FEELINGS FOR FUN JUST BECAUSE ITS SO MORALLY WRONG TO DO SOMETHING LIKE THIS :OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO speech.

And that's exactly what Mikoto was doing in the end. Jesus Christ get over it and search for a better solution /with/ Kiyama and not /against/ her. Also Toaster-san stop acting childish.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-07, 21:36   Link #56
Satehi
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Well, if you consider it from her point of view, Kiyama's the one that is the stubborn one. The MAR people seem to have a way better chance then she does, and yet she refuses to hand them over.
Satehi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-07, 21:50   Link #57
ReddyRedWolf
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
One of the things I can't stand is when the hero(ine) makes a BLAHBLAH I DONT LIKE YOUR METHODS SO I WILL STAND IN YOUR WAY AND SUPPORT THE BAD GUYS DESTROYING YOUR DREAM/WORK/WHATEVER AND ALSO TRAMPLE ON YOUR FEELINGS FOR FUN JUST BECAUSE ITS SO MORALLY WRONG TO DO SOMETHING LIKE THIS :OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO speech.
That's assuming Mikoto thinks Telestina is the bad guy. Thing is even without that First Sample Harumi will wake them up anyway regardless of the consequences.

From Mikoto's current perspective two wrongs or even three don't make right.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-07, 22:35   Link #58
Marcus H.
Hunk o' Burning Love
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: the Philippines
I think Kiyama plan is gray because of her reverse judgment of saving a few no matter how many is hurt in the process.

But Telestina is definitely black because she seems to be the most successful test subject for Kihara's experiment. I'm not surprised that her candies are Yuri's Skittles and taking the children will be to continue the experiment on them.

Unfortunately, Misaka is siding with the worse evil.
__________________
Marcus' Handpicked!
Autumn 2014: Log Horizon S2, Amagi Brilliant Park and Fate/Stay Night (2014).
Winter 2015: Durarara!! x2, Koufuku Graffiti, Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata, Tsukimonogatari, and Kantai Collection.
LIGHT NOVEL CHALLENGE: Absolute Duo, Seiken Tsukai no World Break and Sister of Testament New Devil.


Contact me on Wikia, MyAnimeList and Hummingbird.
MyAnimeList Status|| Watching: 26. Completed: 219. Plan to watch: 32.

Marcus H. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-07, 22:51   Link #59
ReddyRedWolf
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
But Telestina is definitely black because she seems to be the most successful test subject for Kihara's experiment. I'm not surprised that her candies are Yuri's Skittles and taking the children will be to continue the experiment on them.
*cough*A Certain Cameo Appearance back at Ep 12*cough*
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-08, 00:22   Link #60
Marcus H.
Hunk o' Burning Love
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: the Philippines
Another thing...

Spoiler for some more speculations:
__________________
Marcus' Handpicked!
Autumn 2014: Log Horizon S2, Amagi Brilliant Park and Fate/Stay Night (2014).
Winter 2015: Durarara!! x2, Koufuku Graffiti, Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata, Tsukimonogatari, and Kantai Collection.
LIGHT NOVEL CHALLENGE: Absolute Duo, Seiken Tsukai no World Break and Sister of Testament New Devil.


Contact me on Wikia, MyAnimeList and Hummingbird.
MyAnimeList Status|| Watching: 26. Completed: 219. Plan to watch: 32.

Marcus H. is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:08.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.