AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Old 2014-04-06, 12:38   Link #441
Iby
minority spirit(?)
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to Iby
Yeah, 50th chapter was really sad... though now I'm really interested in how are the things at his house will turn up
Also I've read all 9 (from the 9 volumes) Mero Corners and it's quite sad that the translation groups didn't bother doing them (even though they are just 3-4 pages long) while they have some interesting information like how the first concept of the manga looked like or how he borrowed some designs from Umisho (Rea is Mirei + Kaori and Mero <- Tomoyo).
Iby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-06, 13:12   Link #442
cloud04
Scanlator

if you read the vol then those mero corners will only be in the tanks..the translation group uses magazine ones
Old 2014-04-06, 13:16   Link #443
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Argh, 51 will come next week and I can't wait anymore >_<
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-07, 09:24   Link #444
Iby
minority spirit(?)
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to Iby
Yeah I mean translate them later. Some groups do extras when they come out with tanks.
Iby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-08, 03:27   Link #445
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

I did a quickie look at 51 and it seems to me like the end is near.
Old 2014-04-08, 03:32   Link #446
cloud04
Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iby View Post
Yeah I mean translate them later. Some groups do extras when they come out with tanks.
i doubt they would do it..its already licensed..already doing it is a risk already
Old 2014-04-11, 13:19   Link #447
ZodiacBeast
Dreaming Butterfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud04 View Post
i doubt they would do it..its already licensed..already doing it is a risk already
Just like what happened with Higurashi. I get irritated because I keep backups of everything but I understand that it's illegal to scanlate once licensed. I'll just have to deal with it.

Chapter 51 does seem like it's bringing us closer to the ending. I hope it's not a sad one, although anything involving zombies has a hard time ending in any other way.

"Lincoln had potential. However, his weakness was he couldn't handle bullets." - Hoshimiya Kate
ZodiacBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-11, 18:00   Link #448
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodiacBeast View Post
Chapter 51 does seem like it's bringing us closer to the ending. I hope it's not a sad one, although anything involving zombies has a hard time ending in any other way.
IMO it has more to do with the fact that this manga is too damn realistic, it hardly deserves the "supernatural" tag since zombies here have roots in science, not magic or supernatural entities/energies that raise the dead from their graves. As such we are at a point where I can no longer think of how to bring a happy ending, the best thing that can happen at the moment is making Rea snap out of her confused state by stuffing her with leaves but then she would be sent into a Lab for the rest of her life :/
Old 2014-04-13, 01:23   Link #449
RightSaidFred

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangamuscle View Post
IMO it has more to do with the fact that this manga is too damn realistic, it hardly deserves the "supernatural" tag since zombies here have roots in science, not magic or supernatural entities/energies that raise the dead from their graves. As such we are at a point where I can no longer think of how to bring a happy ending, the best thing that can happen at the moment is making Rea snap out of her confused state by stuffing her with leaves but then she would be sent into a Lab for the rest of her life :/
The dead coming back to life is supernatural. Zombies do not have their roots in science, there's nothing scientific about it.

There was never going to be a happy ending. She's a Zombie. Unless the author does a giant ass-pull, the story does not have a happy ending. The best one could hope for is the story ends with Rea being frozen with the hope that one day a "cure" can be found - since her father is looking for one.
RightSaidFred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-13, 02:18   Link #450
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by RightSaidFred View Post
The dead coming back to life is supernatural. Zombies do not have their roots in science, there's nothing scientific about it.
There are zombie insects and zombie plants IRL, so you can not really discard the possibility that a parasite or virus (probably man made) could have the effects we normally associate with zombies. Also, in the sankarea universe zombies are the product of a chemical connoction, not some kind of voodoo ritual, therefore they are not supernatural.

Tags
comedy, romance, shounen, supernatural, zombie