AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2013-06-07, 02:09   Link #341
DarkJak2050

I'd would actually be glad if the Kings get dethroned, because I've lost respect for them for one reason: Jonathan Quick.

Since the start of the short season I've been hearing and seeing nothing but hissy fits from him. Always complaining on things that resulted in a goal against him and the officials sometimes waive them off for him. One I remember is when the Kings played the Oilers game back in January.

Quick felt that he was interfered when a goal was made late in the 3rd period, but I don't think so.

Quick's teammate, Scuderi, checked Oilers Defenseman Sam Gagner, making Sam Gagner incidentally contacting Quick. As Gagner was trying to get away from Quick, Quick moved and his left pad hooked onto Gagner's leg and they both got tangled up. Resulting in what Quick felt was Goaltender Interference.

Looking at the footage, you can see Quick's left pad hooking onto Gagner's leg as Gagner was trying to get away from Quick. It was his own damn fault because it's his action, not Gagner's.

And yet he got away with it.

By the way, I loved the "Bullshit" chant from the spectators in the middle of the video.

There were other cases of Quick showing his hissy fit attitude. Recently, on some of the goals that are scored cleanly against him when playing the Sharks in this year's playoffs.

Game 3: Dan Boyle's Power Play Goal

Quick felt that Thornton interfered with him when all Thornton was doing was screening him.

Last I heard, screening's okay as long as you're out of the crease and not physically contacting the goaltender that prevents him from moving in his crease. Sure he was slightly tapped, but a slight tap doesn't really mean Goaltender Interference.

Game 4: Brent Burns's Goal

Quick felt that he was interfered, but nobody was touching him. Bullshit right there.

Also...

Game 4: Quick Punches Wingles

That was after the whistle was blown and yet, he got away with it.

And the icing on the Cake:

Game 3: Logan Courture's OT winner

Quick went "Zerbra Hunting" after the goal was made, abusing the officials on the called penalties that occurred in the 3rd period.

He got a Game Misconduct for it.

This is why I lost respect for the Kings and Jonathan Quick.

Last edited by DarkJak2050; 2013-06-07 at 03:46.
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 22:17   Link #342
justavisitor

hmm..

Iginla, you chose the wrong team!!!
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-08, 00:31   Link #343
Soverence

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
hmm..

Iginla, you chose the wrong team!!!
That makes it so much better for me, I honestly can't believe that the Bruins ended up making it. Even if I predicted them to start it just seemed like they were outclasses by the other teams come playoff time. I am not even going to make predictions anymore, I am just going to root for Boston and hope that I can see them holding the Stanley Cup again this year .
Soverence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-08, 01:11   Link #344
DarkJak2050

Well, there's one thing I'd like to point out about your prediction you had before on the Sharks Vs. Bruins for the Stanley Cup Final.

They both swept a team in this year's Playoffs:

Sharks swept the Canucks in Round 1 of the Western Conference

Bruins swept the Penguins in the Eastern Conference Final
Old 2013-06-08, 23:20   Link #345
KiraYamatoFan

Yikes, it had to be a hell lot harder than expected, but the Hawks finally ended on top of the Kings with a hat-trick goal by Patrick Kane in 2nd OT.

The first game of the Stanley Cup finals is set for Wednesday night at 8 PM (Eastern time) in the "Madhouse on Madison".
Old 2013-06-08, 23:55   Link #346
DarkJak2050

One word: Dethroned.

All that's left is the Stanley Cup itself.

I'll just say this straight; even though I'm glad that the Blackhawks dethroned the Kings, I'll be in the Bruins corner for the Final.
Old 2013-06-13, 00:30   Link #347
Folenfant
Banned

You know a series is going to be great when the first game ends in Triple OT
Folenfant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-16, 00:16   Link #348
DarkJak2050

Well, after what happened tonight, this ought to be a real interesting Stanley Cup Finals going into Boston for Games 3 and 4.
Old 2013-06-16, 15:56   Link #349
Athena
The Power of One

There's no freakin way I'd cheer for Boston lol, so go Hawks go!

Oh, and I knew that Ovechkin would probably get the Hart, though I was really rooting for Tavares.
Old 2013-06-19, 23:23   Link #350
KiraYamatoFan

After 4 games, series is tied at 2-2.

Game 4 was quite something if you love to see plenty of goals (6-5). The Hawks found their attacking mojo back, but Corey Crawford will have to sort out his glove side problems soon before game 5 on Saturday night.
Old 2013-06-22, 22:18   Link #351
KiraYamatoFan

The Blackhawks now lead the series 3-2 after a 3-1 win over the Bruins, now facing elimination with Game 6 to be played in Boston.

On the injury front, questions are raised about Jonathan Toews and Patrice Bergeron as one spent the entire 3rd period (and most of the 2nd period) on the bench while the other was taken to hospital in the middle of the game. What will happen in Game 6 should one or both players are forced to sit out? Discuss.

Last edited by KiraYamatoFan; 2013-06-22 at 23:01.
KiraYamatoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-22, 22:41   Link #352
Afternoon Tea
Ta~Da!!
*Artist

Send a message via Skype™ to Afternoon Tea
All I have to say is Go CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS! Bring another cup to the Windy City! (last one was 2010)
====
MyBlog:
Blog!

====
Quote:
"I'll send
all my loving
to you.
"

Afternoon Tea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-23, 22:40   Link #353
Soverence

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraYamatoFan View Post
The Blackhawks now lead the series 3-2 after a 3-1 win over the Bruins, now facing elimination with Game 6 to be played in Boston.

On the injury front, questions are raised about Jonathan Toews and Patrice Bergeron as one spent the entire 3rd period (and most of the 2nd period) on the bench while the other was taken to hospital in the middle of the game. What will happen in Game 6 should one or both players are forced to sit out? Discuss.
If both are lost, it is a much bigger blow to the Bruins then it is to the Blackhawks. The Bruins have already been digging in order to find people to fill the 4th line due to other injuries, losing Bergeron won't help at all on that front. Bergeron himself also means much more to the Bruins the Toews does, the Blackhawks have enough scores and playmakers that they can lose one or two and it really won't effect their scoring all that much, but the same isn't true for Boston. Bergeron is the guy who sets a lot of plays up on the second line and makes that whole line work, without him I basically think the Bruins only have One line against the Blackhawks Four Lines now so the outcome of game 6 should be obvious.

Well Congrats to the Blackhawks for winning the Stanley Cup, that was certainly not the way I expected it to end, somewhat fitting I guess though that the Bruins lose to quick goals at the end of the game after only being there because of their own quick goals at the end of a game.

So here comes the question, who is going to be here next year now? The choices should be obvious for the most part but I will ask anyway.

Last edited by Soverence; 2013-06-24 at 22:08.
Old 2013-06-24, 22:06   Link #354
Athena
The Power of One

Chicago.

I'm happy.
Old 2013-06-24, 22:16   Link #355
KiraYamatoFan

What a hockey match! A hardly fought series from start to finish.

The Bruins gave quite a great fight out there, even tonight. Meanwhile, the Hawks managed to succeed where Pittsburgh failed, so kudos to them for their mental toughness. I'm really happy for my favorite player outside of Montreal and also a personal favorite since his junior days, Jonathan Toews.

Spoiler for size and M. Toews:

Patrick Kane, winner of the Conn Smythe Trophy... not bad, but I really thought Corey Crawford would win it despite all the criticism following Game 4.

Last edited by KiraYamatoFan; 2013-06-25 at 02:17.
KiraYamatoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-24, 22:22   Link #356
Afternoon Tea
Ta~Da!!
*Artist

Send a message via Skype™ to Afternoon Tea
Holy Smokes! Even though it was an away game, Chicago Streets are flooding with people celebrating! Its all over my local news! Fire works like the 4th of July here in the Suburbs! Party!! Man was that an epic comeback win!
====
MyBlog:
Blog!

====
Quote:
"I'll send
all my loving
to you.
"

Afternoon Tea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-24, 22:31   Link #357
KiraYamatoFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afternoon Tea View Post
Holy Smokes! Even though it was an away game, Chicago Streets are flooding with people celebrating! Its all over my local news! Fire works like the 4th of July here in the Suburbs! Party!! Man was that an epic comeback win!
I can only imagine the party out there.

They really deserve everything their hearts desired considering how dominant they were in the season and also when they came back from that 1-3 deficit against Detroit to show what they are made of. As a Scot used to say: Take a bow, son. Take a bow.
Old 2013-06-25, 01:27   Link #358
Soverence

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraYamatoFan View Post
Patrick Kane, winner of the Conn Smythe Trophy... not bad, but I really thought Corey Crawford would win it despite all the criticism following Game 4.
Main issue with Crawford was his stats were misleading, the main reason he had such good stats was because of the great defense he had out in front of him and I think most people realized this even more so after Game 4. He is by no means bad, but he is not the reason at all as to why they won the Stanley Cup, same as last time the Blackhawks won it, the Goalie really didn't matter.
Old 2013-06-25, 13:38   Link #359
wredsa

Congrats to Black Hawks.
wredsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-25, 13:40   Link #360
Triple_R
Center Attraction

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
I'm happy the Blackhawks won. Bruins are big rivals of my Habs, and the Blackhawks have a lot of great players who deserve to win. Congrats to the Hawks!

Tags
2010, hockey, nhl, playoffs, stanley cup