AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2014-06-14, 16:51   Link #421
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well congrats to the Kings. Has to be a nice thing to have a team good enough to actually win 2 cups in 3 years. Just assembled a good team that managed to climb over everyone that got in their way.

Now to the offseason where we see what everyone else will do to try and catch up to the Kings .
Old 2014-06-14, 18:22   Link #422
BPD Renegade

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkJak2050 View Post
It's not the team who I don't think deserves the Cup. It's the "Fanbase" they have who I think do not deserve the Cup.

- Supporting Dustin Brown for injuring other players for long term and saying his hits are Clean when they're not. (He didn't do it in this playoffs, but he has in the past)

- Booing other players on the other team for getting injured. (Sami Aittokallio and Frederik Andersen)

Just like you with the Boston Bruins Fans, I hate those Kings Fxxxxx just as much. If not more...

And one more thing:

The outcome of this year's playoffs is another thing the Sharks will be taking to their graves...

Their fucking graves!!!!

And I'm speaking nothing but the truth.

Put it this way with me and the Sharks...

I am your fan but that does not mean that I am your friend.
^Regarding this and your other post:

Dude, like was previously stated, fans are just fans. An old roommate of mine back in college was from San Jose and a Sharks fan. The roommate was arrogant and self-righteous about everything - including the "greatness" of the Sharks - to a fault. Point is, every team has shitty fans. Some more so than others. If we were to award the cup based on respectability of fanbases, we might as well disband almost every sports team in existence and call off sports in general. All this ranting and raving isn't doing much, except highlighting your extreme bitterness toward a team you hate, which most likely stems from the San Jose Sharks-LA Kings, NorCal-SoCal hatred-rivalry.

Anyway, last night's was a fun game to watch. Congrats to the Kings for another Win.
BPD Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-15, 14:31   Link #423
DarkJak2050

With how they support their Captain and boo other players on the other team for getting injured. It makes me want to strongly question them...

Not as hockey fans...

But as people...

The rivalry has nothing to do with it. I was like that with the Bruins fanbase for a bit, but not as much now. Not since they applaud Steven Stamkos as he was getting lifted off the ice on a stretcher after breaking his leg.
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-15, 21:31   Link #424
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

I guess for everyone but King's fans who are probably still loving their Cup win, the focus shifts to the draft.

Always curious to see if anyone makes a big move up for the top pick or if things stand pat mostly.
Old 2014-12-03, 16:30   Link #425
KiraYamatoFan

The last 2 weeks have been very very sad for all hockey fans, especially the older ones, who saw or heard some of the following names at their best. I can't recall a span of 2 weeks in the past where we lost so many figures in ice hockey who were legends in their own way.

Jean Béliveau (1931-2014): 10 Stanley Cups as a player and 7 more as a vice-president (Montreal). Companion of the Order of Canada, Knight of the National Order of Quebec, the true definition of a true legend and a top class act according to everyone who met him. I met him a few times too and he was really such a kind person.

Pat Quinn (1943-2014): former player (Toronto, Vancouver, Atlanta) and former head coach (Philadelphia, Los Angeles, Vancouver, Toronto, Edmonton, Team Canada).

Viktor Tikhonov (1930-2014): former player (VVS Moscow, Dynamo Moscow) and former head coach (CSKA Moscow, Soviet Union national team).

Gilles Tremblay (1938-2014): former player (Montreal) and former broadcaster (Hockey Hall of Fame, 2002).

Last edited by KiraYamatoFan; 2014-12-03 at 21:00.
KiraYamatoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-03, 20:52   Link #426
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Well I'd say this is the biggest rash of natural deaths in hockey that I've seen in a long time. Though for some reason these sort of sad moments seem to come in bulk.

I will say that the one death that really got to me was Quinn's death. The other guys were all pretty incredible individuals especially Béliveau, but I only knew of them by name. At least saw Quinn coaching for plenty of years and that certainly made it hit me more than some of the others.

It's been a sad few weeks for hockey fans that's for sure.
Old 2014-12-11, 07:15   Link #427
DarkJak2050

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraYamatoFan View Post
Jean Béliveau (1931-2014): 10 Stanley Cups as a player and 7 more as a vice-president (Montreal). Companion of the Order of Canada, Knight of the National Order of Quebec, the true definition of a true legend and a top class act according to everyone who met him. I met him a few times too and he was really such a kind person.

Pat Quinn (1943-2014): former player (Toronto, Vancouver, Atlanta) and former head coach (Philadelphia, Los Angeles, Vancouver, Toronto, Edmonton, Team Canada).

Viktor Tikhonov (1930-2014): former player (VVS Moscow, Dynamo Moscow) and former head coach (CSKA Moscow, Soviet Union national team).

Gilles Tremblay (1938-2014): former player (Montreal) and former broadcaster (Hockey Hall of Fame, 2002).
May them all be at peace. They've all done well in their respectful ways in the sport. And my condolences to their families and friends.
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-31, 07:10   Link #428
TheSubaudible

New to the forum and bummed this thread seems dead. Hopefully it can be revived!!!
TheSubaudible is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2010, hockey, nhl, playoffs, stanley cup