AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Old 2010-03-16, 17:11   Link #21
Last Sinner
Screw The Rules

Send a message via MSN to Last Sinner
Quote:
Originally Posted by hinakatbklyn View Post
I really don't have a preference towards any type. I enjoy Type A since I recognize the seiyuu the minute they speak up. Even if their tone changes, it's not too difficult to recognize the seiyuu. Takehito Koyasu for example even if he is like serious, evil sounding or insane crazy, I would recognize him a mile away.
Rezo - Slayers
To Ryuga - Mahoromatic
Adam Blade - Needless

(1) Even though Ayako has different voices for each character, she has been consistent for each type of role she is in (Cute and Spunky). The one exception would be Saber. Which is why I would recognize her more for Type A rather than B.

(2) Type B would be tougher for me to figure out. If I were to pick a favorite from Type B: Ryou Hirohashi .

Alice Carroll - Aria
Sora Naegino - Kaleido Star
Tamaki Kawazoe - Bamboo Blade

(My Favorite) Kyou Fujibayashi - Clannad

Different voices for each character and I would not recognize it was her without reading the credits, and yet she fit into each and every other role she has voiced.

I suppose, but I didn't recognise all of them, because while most of those were cute and spunky, they still had some significant differences. Ohno was a very introverted girl lacking in self-confidence to begin with. She did develop into a confident woman that took pride in her cosplay but I still wouldn't quite call her spunky. Fuu is the epitome of spunky, Koishi I'd also think of as spunky, Maybe Winia. But not Ohno or Nodame - Ohno has a quiet, mature feel to her for me while Nodame is the lovable airhead. But I do get where you're coming from.

I need to thank you for reminding me of Ryou Hirohashi. Her voicing of Kyou was so perfect, Kyou alone was worth watching Clannad for. Divine work, that was. Actually, that would be my #1. Hmm, think I'll watch the Kyou bonus episode when I get home tonight. ^^
Old 2010-03-16, 19:51   Link #22
seiftis
~Please kill me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
Michiko Neya.
Powerful, confident women, usually with a chip on their shoulder. You don’t see many seiyuus around that can do the roles she can. I really admire her for that.
Glad there's someone who like her as I do.
She's really able to play the mature and confident role well (which is the type of character I prefer as well), the first seiyuu that I actually like. I was disappointed when BONES replaced her Riza Hawkeye role with someone else actually. Only minus thing is that she can't sing.

And then there's Sawashiro Miyuki, first caught my attention in Kurenai. She's distinctive when she does roles with her hmm 'normal' voice (not lolis). I don't know about other people, but her voice is just kind of sexy, for the lack of better word.

So, I'm into skilled type-A, I guess. I'd just like going "Ah! This is *insertnamehere*," and able to identify them instantly.
Old 2010-03-16, 20:08   Link #23
Last Sinner
Screw The Rules

Send a message via MSN to Last Sinner
Quote:
Originally Posted by seiftis View Post
Glad there's someone who like her as I do.
She's really able to play the mature and confident role well.

And then there's Sawashiro Miyuki, first caught my attention in Kurenai. She's distinctive when she does roles with her hmm 'normal' voice (not lolis). I don't know about other people, but her voice is just kind of sexy, for the lack of better word.
The feeling is mutual for both. ^^ And I have found a few recent roles that Miyuki did that I do like, including her voicing of Shinkurou in Kurenai.
Old 2010-03-18, 22:34   Link #24
kyosak
poo

Quote:
Originally Posted by hinakatbklyn View Post
(2) Type B would be tougher for me to figure out. If I were to pick a favorite from Type B: Ryou Hirohashi .

(My Favorite) Kyou Fujibayashi - Clannad
Yeah, she was great.
kyosak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-20, 17:01   Link #25
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic Send a message via Skype™ to synaesthetic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I prefer the "seiyuu of a thousand voices" -- they tend to be far more employable as well.
HIROSHI KAMIYA > everything.

That is all.

I also like how Maaya Sakamoto pulled off Shiki in Kara no Kyoukai. Funny how badass she can sound.
Old 2012-06-25, 08:53   Link #26
ronin myael
lost ronin

i like both types. i tend to check out the anime if i know that a favorite seiyuu of mine would be in it. but i also enjoy the prolific ones whose voices you couldn't really spot because they can do so many voices and play a variety of characters.

but the ones i admire the most are the female seiyuu who are most known for their male characters. japanese language is pretty dynamic, boys speak differently from girls. so for these female seiyuu to actually slip into their male characters and act like men/boys is not very easy to do, at least for me it isn't.
Old 2012-06-27, 09:48   Link #27
Mazryonh

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
The Seiyuus just don't get paid enough and they are seen doing all sorts of odd jobs. The singing Seiyuus seem to be having a good time having all the fame, but they get paid measly amounts compared to real singing idols.
I think it's sad how many seiyuus now have a good singing voice but don't get anywhere near the exposure they deserve for it. Yuu Asakawa is one, as is her friend and colleague Shizuka Itou, both of whom have released albums of their singing, but are by no means "the next Nana Mizuki."

But it's not even just the seiyuus of middling popularity who have undiscovered gems in their voices--I was amazed when I heard Noriko Shitaya singing her Fate/Stay Night character song Egao Hitotsu De, and how well she did for that performance. This is a seiyuu whose most famous role is probably Sakura Matou from Fate/Stay Night, and who recently only managed to scare up the role of Kyouko in Kore Wa Zombie Desu Ka?, though I'm sure her star will rise further if there's an animated adaptation of the "Heaven's Feel" arc from Fate/Stay Night. Another unsung seiyuu whose singing you might want to check out would be Kei Mizusawa--her work with her character song, Namida no Ame, in G-Senjou no Maou may be work checking out.

Life's not fair, and many beautiful singing voices among the seiyuu industry never get the chance to truly shine. Maybe if the CDs were sold more openly abroad more seiyuus would have a chance to find their audience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
The slice of the anime industry's pie is already so small with so many animation companies around. This is called market saturation, and yep, they have to do it.
I think it's more a problem with the very vocal Otaku minority who demand more and more versions of what proved popular before, as well as the "never-ending lost decade" that Japan seems to be stuck in, that is hampering sales and the funding of anime series. More innovation and groundbreaking stories could definitely bring in more sales, but that's unlikely right now.

Quote:
But there is still hope. Mizuki Nana already led the way when she sang Shin Ai (White Album) at last year's Kohaku Uta Gassen, being the first singer in the show's 60 years to be a seiyuu.
I personally preferred Glass no Hana and Sound of Destiny from Rina Ogata's songs in White Album myself. But then again, my personal favourites from the White Album soundtrack would be Rumi Shishido's Secret Chaos or Suara's Yuki no Mahou (the OP theme for the game version).

Quote:
Perfect person to voice Ogata Rina in White Album.
She sure was, but I think it was almost criminal that the White Album anime didn't get a "multiple routes" adaptation like Yosuga No Sora or Amagami. Unfortunately what we got was an all-over-the-place soap-opera-type story that exhausted the attention of viewers and left everyone unsatisfied.
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote