AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-04-23, 18:42   Link #1
CuXe
Loving Romeo X Juliet
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: City of Angels
Question Supernatural [TV Series]



Welcome to the Official Supernatural Thread here on Animesuki!

Credits 2 Zu Ra for the Image!




Hopefully some people here watch Supernatural, otherwise I'll feel silly LOL. Anyhow, I think that last nights ep was VERY enjoyable but I think they could have gone down just like South Park (with the whole Muhammad thing) but decided to play it safe.

Yeah I know "M" wouldn't qualify as a God because he was a prophet (or does he?) but still the guys at supernatural decided to poke around with "Pagan Gods" without going too far....

I enjoyed watching Lucifer tearing some of those guys apart and I am conflicted by it believe me, its kinda like feeling sympathy for the devil which btw I believe was the title of one of their prior eps..

The only one I felt sad for was Gabriel, he was a fun-to-watch celestial Gigolo

I know that the show mixes a lot of Mythology with what some religious folks would call "factual information" but I don't care about that because after all, its just a show and it wasn't intended to be "accurate" according to any religion .. so don't flame me about any inaccuracies in my quick blurb above ...

What do u guys think?

A few more Images for this thread:

Spoiler for Favorite Angels:


Spoiler for Favorite Demons:

Last edited by CuXe; 2010-05-15 at 13:38.
CuXe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-24, 01:53   Link #2
Irkalla
I asked for this
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Winterfell
Age: 26
I like the way Supernatural mixes religions, so at the first sight, it's not really propagandizing anything specific. Just at the first sight though, because obviously, the Judo-Christian God/angels are way too overpowered compared to the Pagan ones. Though they have used Islamic djinns as villains before, but they don't really qualify as gods, since Islam is a Monotheism. They do have/acknowledge angels though, but they are basically the same as Christian ones, just different names. In the end, its all fiction anyway, so I do try to not concern myself with who has the upper hand too much. But I can't deny that I would love to see the Pagan gods being more powerful, since they were thought up first. Like the Sumerian gods, that would be cool.

And r.i.p. Trickster aka Gabriel..You will be missed
__________________
Irkalla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-24, 02:10   Link #3
CuXe
Loving Romeo X Juliet
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: City of Angels
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaseka View Post
I like the way Supernatural mixes religions, so at the first sight, it's not really propagandizing anything specific. Just at the first sight though, because obviously, the Judo-Christian God/angels are way too overpowered compared to the Pagan ones. Though they have used Islamic djinns as villains before, but they don't really qualify as gods, since Islam is a Monotheism. They do have/acknowledge angels though, but they are basically the same as Christian ones, just different names. In the end, its all fiction anyway, so I do try to not concern myself with who has the upper hand too much. But I can't deny that I would love to see the Pagan gods being more powerful, since they were thought up first. Like the Sumerian gods, that would be cool.

And r.i.p. Trickster aka Gabriel..You will be missed
I hear ya! As you said, it would have been fun to make the Pagan Gods a bit more powerful, still I am glad that hawt goddess of destruction chick got away, maybe she'll lend a flaming hand against the other 2 Horse-man.

As far as Gabriel's plan to re-incarcerate the devil, I can see how they can spin this off in many ways to extend the life of the show but it could also end up killing the vibe.

The way I see it, they could re-incarcerate the devil and continue their "happy lives" with more happy seasons or they could end this thing with an epic battle between Michael and Lucifer.

The later would really end the show tho so it all depends on how far the producers want to extend Supernatural.

All in all ..... Gabriel, the celestial gigolo will be missed
CuXe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-24, 06:18   Link #4
Irkalla
I asked for this
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Winterfell
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuXe View Post
I hear ya! As you said, it would have been fun to make the Pagan Gods a bit more powerful, still I am glad that hawt goddess of destruction chick got away, maybe she'll lend a flaming hand against the other 2 Horse-man.

As far as Gabriel's plan to re-incarcerate the devil, I can see how they can spin this off in many ways to extend the life of the show but it could also end up killing the vibe.

The way I see it, they could re-incarcerate the devil and continue their "happy lives" with more happy seasons or they could end this thing with an epic battle between Michael and Lucifer.

The later would really end the show tho so it all depends on how far the producers want to extend Supernatural.

All in all ..... Gabriel, the celestial gigolo will be missed
Yep, more power to the forgotten Pagan gods!!!!

Kali was actually quite impressive with her handtorch, but no effect whatsoever on Lucy, despite his weak vassal compost, well, will be decomposed soon by the looks of it XD And over that, one would expect Grandpa Odin to pull out his spear and do some badasssery, but noooo, he just got owned like the rest of the bunch.

I actually feel that they are extending the show a tad too much. it's not that I want it to end, but I don't want it losing quality either. They could easily end it in this season, honestly I don't know what more they are gonna explore in the next season anyway. (which is already confirmed, right?) Whatever they decide, it's gonna have lots of fillers, hopefully good fillers. But I'm all in if they decide to make God the villain in the end. I can just imagine how cliche he'd look like if they decided to show him, or what vassal he would get at least Some surfer dude chilling in the Caribbean
__________________
Irkalla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-24, 08:14   Link #5
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Mortuary : D


Better off Re-Naming the Thread to
Supernatural (Tv Show)


I was not pleased with the direction Supernatural took . I was more than happy with Pagan Gods/Demons . Though I should have had more faith in Kripke . He has done a wonderful job of just touching the top layer and keeping it Ambiguous . My Favorite Demon though has to be Lilith still


Quote:
Originally Posted by CuXe View Post
Yeah I know "M" wouldn't qualify as a God because he was a prophet (or does he?) but still the guys at supernatural decided to poke around with "Pagan Gods" without going too far....

Actually the Abrahamic God is common to all three religions Judaism Christianity Islam . Its just the interpretation of Jesus & Mohamed they disagree on . Christianity and Islam are both offshoots of Judaism . Mohamed is not a God in Islam he is a prophet . According to Islam Jesus is not the Son of a God but a Prophet too like Moses.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaseka View Post
And r.i.p. Trickster aka Gabriel..You will be missed

When does the trickster die ? I did not watch the last episode yet . I don't recall the events stated in wiki, so its has to be the last episode .

Th last tricker episode I saw was when he reveals he is an Archangel (The Game Show episode)


Quote:
I actually feel that they are extending the show a tad too much. it's not that I want it to end, but I don't want it losing quality either. They could easily end it in this season, honestly I don't know what more they are gonna explore in the next season anyway. (which is already confirmed, right?)

Yeah CW has confirmed the Sixth Season but Kripke wont be a Writer . Just an Executive Producer/Consultant . More from Wiki


Spoiler for Space:
__________________
Zu Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-24, 09:11   Link #6
Irkalla
I asked for this
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Winterfell
Age: 26
^
Yup, he dies in the latest epy.

Can't blame Kripke for abandoning a sinking ship though.
__________________
Irkalla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-24, 09:31   Link #7
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Mortuary : D
I always preferred him as Loki to Gabriel ... he is too much fun to be an Archangel or an Angel . I sorta didn't like the last 2 episodes of Supernatural (Heaven/Step Brother) so wasn't that excited to catch it on Tv or even later .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaseka View Post
Can't blame Kripke for abandoning a sinking ship though.

Don't say that , Lucifer sucks I would hate for him to be the final boss . At least Micheal (John's Body) was cool . But I am truly disappointed with the actor that portrays Lucifer. Thanks to him Lucifer has no or zero personality . Even Alastair who wasn't that powerful, was cooler than Lucifer . So I wouldn't want it to end with Lucy's death .........

Here is the Bios on Sera Gamble (Wikia/Official/Interview), she will be in charge with Kripke overlooking.


__________________

Last edited by Zu Ra; 2010-04-24 at 09:47.
Zu Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-07, 21:44   Link #8
CuXe
Loving Romeo X Juliet
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: City of Angels
Thumbs up Who watched Supernatural Last Night? S05E20 was EPIC!

OMFG Should about cover it! These people keep outdoing themselves episode after episode, I just hope they don't set the bar too high and end up disappointing everyone in the end.
* Castiel is now stripped of his heavenly powers and became a human who has a thing for "useful guns"

** Crowley (or Crowly) keeps kicking ass! This particular actor is so dam good is scary, he may be an actual demon for all I know! LOL

* Bobby got his legs back .. thanks to Crowley (awesome demon that Crowly!... yeah he'll come and bite everyone in their ass cause he is a demon but he is sooo Amusing!)

*** Ohh and to top it all off... DEATH. The theme song they gave the angel of death (the fourth horseman) was incredible. An entity that seems to walk outside of even time itself and finds all other "things" rather insignificant (yeah I am a poet damit!)

*** I can't even begin to describe how awesome the interaction between Dean and Death was, especially the part where Death claims he can reap G-d himself! Hollycrap! that was the drop that took Dean's glass a lil beyond his pay-grade LOL

*** And the icing? Death setting himself apart for the rest of the horseman (who were truly pitiful to my eyes) and saying that he has more power than Dean could possibly process and yet he is bound to a "bratty child having a temper tantrum"
Seriously, this was an epic, EPIC episode. Well thats all the time I have now but I'll come back later on tonight after watching Iron Man 2
CuXe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-08, 00:14   Link #9
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Mortuary : D

Threads should be Merged ..



I am a little drunk so wont post much . I dont like any horsemen they are all old and yeah I am into vanity . The cool is also absent minus there powers they would be ordinary Joe . My impression of Death was the same I actually found the Reaper scene cooler . Then there was the pizzeria scene finale and omg was so blown away . The dialogue writer gets full credits amazing dialogues . It was really interesting to know

- Death is a pagan entity most likely a God himself . Works with Elohim later forced under Lucifer .

- Death is as old as Elohim . Also Death can reap Elohim .


Spoiler for Musing:


Sera Gamble is cracking the whip . Or we would never get to see BobbyXCrowley so woot next season SamXDean O_O . The most hilarious scene in Supernatural the 'tongue action' had me squealing with laughter .

__________________

Last edited by Zu Ra; 2010-05-08 at 00:25.
Zu Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-08, 02:07   Link #10
CuXe
Loving Romeo X Juliet
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: City of Angels
IM BACK! .... Ironman 2 was an OK movie but thats now what we are here to talk bout!

Anyhow..that screenshot was fucking funny Zura LOL especially considering that Bobby didn't want to admit as to what he did LOL.. here are some more screeners!

Spoiler for Bunch of SCREENSHOTS + Commentary:

Last edited by CuXe; 2010-05-08 at 03:11.
CuXe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-08, 05:46   Link #11
Sheba
Story of My Life
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: In Iwagawa Kichi, partying with the Sendai sisters
Age: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zu Ra View Post

Threads should be Merged ..



I am a little drunk so wont post much . I dont like any horsemen they are all old and yeah I am into vanity . The cool is also absent minus there powers they would be ordinary Joe .
Actually, average Joes being the four horsemen IS refreshing. I did dread that they would choose impossibly attractive people for that. Because honestly, I have seen too much "diabolical" figures being bishies or something like struck with the Nomura Effect or the emogoth groove.

Honestly, four ordinary men who could be your neighbors but are actually four badasses who can't set the world ablaze by themselves are scarier than four Gackt clones. We can reason that it is why real life serial killers, like Gacy or Dahmer, are much more scarier because they are so ordinary looking that no one could suspect they are monsters under the surface.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-08, 10:45   Link #12
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Mortuary : D



I wanted to post the Reaper Screen Capture and also wanted to check on a comment Crowley made to Dean . When Crowley and Dean go in search of Death, while others at warehouse .

Crowley mentions PIZZA at 27.41 his exact words are " Hey lets stop for Pizza " . And the location where Dean/Crowley go are just populated by Reapers .

Was Crowley stalling Dean ? Did Crowley exactly know where Death is ?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
I have seen too much "diabolical" figures being bishies or something like struck with the Nomura Effect or the emogoth groove.
Your idea of vanity is a bit scary . EmoGoth Visual Kei and lets thrown Justin Bieber/Timberlake to complete the mix . I am disspoint . =/

Was looking more so on the lines of Alistair / Azazel . Who have a commanding appearance and personality . Or heck even BiPolar Flip-Flopping Psycho .What was scary of Micheal wasn't his strength or power level ? . But power of conviction manipulation and bringing utter disdain .
__________________
Zu Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-08, 11:08   Link #13
CuXe
Loving Romeo X Juliet
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: City of Angels
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zu Ra View Post



I wanted to post the Reaper Screen Capture and also wanted to check on a comment Crowley made to Dean . When Crowley and Dean go in search of Death, while others at warehouse .

Crowley mentions PIZZA at 27.41 his exact words are " Hey lets stop for Pizza " . And the location where Dean/Crowley go are just populated by Reapers .

Was Crowley stalling Dean ? Did Crowley exactly know where Death is ?
I believe he didn't want Dean to drag him to that suicidal meeting, I mean "death is after all death", has and will always exist... he probably realized Dean didn't stand a snowballz of a chance to "kill death" so he played his cards right and bailed Crowley rocks!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Zu Ra View Post
Your idea of vanity is a bit scary . EmoGoth Visual Kei and lets thrown Justin Bieber/Timberlake to complete the mix . I am disspoint . =/

Was looking more so on the lines of Alistair / Azazel . Who have a commanding appearance and personality . Or heck even BiPolar Flip-Flopping Psycho .What was scary of Micheal wasn't his strength or power level ? . But power of conviction manipulation and bringing utter disdain .
Agreed. Azazel and Alistair were on a whole nada level, those were extremely sadistic n crazy SOB's....truly scary stuff...
CuXe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-08, 11:10   Link #14
Sheba
Story of My Life
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: In Iwagawa Kichi, partying with the Sendai sisters
Age: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zu Ra View Post

Was looking more so on the lines of Alistair / Azazel . Who have a commanding appearance and personality . Or heck even BiPolar Flip-Flopping Psycho .What was scary of Micheal wasn't his strength or power level ? . But power of conviction manipulation and bringing utter disdain .
Well, I have seen too many complaints of people who expected Square-enix-like sex symbols. I guess that they have read too much Angel Sanctuary (even tho I liked this manga) with a mix of playing too much FF.


But yeah, a presence like Azazel would have been fine. However, I think that the writers may have in mind mini-bosses-like figures before the Big Bad, Lucifer, who I think is portrayed fine by his actor. Even tho his performance was kinda pale compared to the Trickster/Gabriel.
__________________
<a rel=nofollow href=http://forums.animesuki.com/group.php?groupid=959 target=_blank>Kancolle Social Group</a>
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-08, 17:41   Link #15
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Mortuary : D
For me the Trickster gave the funniest episode and also the most boring episode . The Funniest one was the Tall Tales (Sam hugging Dean excessively was hilarious) . The most boring episode for me personally was the Mystery Spot (Infinite Time Loop) .

Well the little knick knack I have with this episode is the reapers . The reapers would have looked much better in there ethereal form ala Tessa . The first episode of the second season where Dean becomes a ghost/spirit . Yeah they would have to spend a lot on CG but it would be just that awesome visually .

Also if Death in charge of Reapers they are something Pagan . One of the reapers did say they are not under heaven or hell . I am referring to this ethereal form

__________________
Zu Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-14, 11:30   Link #16
CuXe
Loving Romeo X Juliet
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: City of Angels
Howld on Howld on!! WTF? Was that the series or season finale? ... K I shall be back later on today to elaborate and provide a more (hopefully) informed rant.
CuXe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-14, 13:49   Link #17
kayote
Looking for ONE PIECE
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Sleeping Forest
ok so................. and..................... WTF.

so then is he god and he interfers to get sam back. or is sam still Lucifer.

that was a bit of a crazy episode.

loved the white pickit fence for Dean
__________________

Last edited by kayote; 2010-05-14 at 14:41.
kayote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-14, 14:34   Link #18
Irkalla
I asked for this
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Winterfell
Age: 26
I loled soooooooooo much at "God" We have been royally trolled, seriously, who saw that one coming?
__________________
Irkalla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-14, 14:51   Link #19
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Mortuary : D
Speaking of God Oh Gawd I am feeling so left out . Should have known better to watch it yesterday .

I will watch it in the afternoon but curiosity is getting the better of me .

So feel free to Spoil me Silly I have a few Q ?

- Is this the Season Finale ?

- If yes, is it that Anticlimactic ?
__________________
Zu Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-14, 15:00   Link #20
kayote
Looking for ONE PIECE
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Sleeping Forest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zu Ra View Post
So feel free to Spoil me Silly I have a few Q ?

- Is this the Season Finale ?

- If yes, is it that Anticlimactic ?
as far as i know for this season yes. origionally it was only going to be 5 seasons but because of it's popularity it has been extended one more season.

it is not at all Anticlimactic. very good season ender. it will feel like they have wrapped everything up but the camera tilts down and there is one more season.
__________________
kayote is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:25.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.