AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2013-04-15, 05:34   Link #81
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitenma View Post
Yes, some Roman nobles are assholes, but how about the average citizens and soldiers? Remember Varro, Spartacus' best friend in season 1? He is a Roman too.
The majority of the killed Romans are commoners, not nobles; and the audience is supposed to cheer for the heroes butchering those unlucky guys?

Regarding double standards, the rebels obviously committed many atrocious acts as well.
When a Roman commits a crime, he is evil. When a slave commits a crime, it's revenge so it's okay. Right?
i remember most of the "common" romans cheering at the death in the arena and they all happily threw stones at that poor bastard at the start of this series
Old 2013-04-15, 07:27   Link #82
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitenma View Post
Yes, some Roman nobles are assholes, but how about the average citizens and soldiers? Remember Varro, Spartacus' best friend in season 1? He is a Roman too.
The majority of the killed Romans are commoners, not nobles; and the audience is supposed to cheer for the heroes butchering those unlucky guys?

Regarding double standards, the rebels obviously committed many atrocious acts as well.
When a Roman commits a crime, he is evil. When a slave commits a crime, it's revenge so it's okay. Right?
That's true. The only good Romans i saw were the slaves, poor nobles or Spartacus love interest in the final season who called out on the way his men killed innocents whose only crime were being a Roman citizen.

What i didn't like was the majority of the Roman nobles were a bunch of upstart jerks who couldn't just shut up when it was right and kept saying things that only got them into more trouble.(eg.Roman A says his slave is a strong warrior. Roman B says his slave is much stronger than Roman A's. Roman A counters Roman B is extravaganting and his slave is just really weak like him. Roman B then counter his Slave is better in everything, including pleasing Roman A's wife. Cue feud!)
Old 2013-04-15, 08:46   Link #83
Xagzan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Om Nerabdator View Post
i remember most of the "common" romans cheering at the death in the arena and they all happily threw stones at that poor bastard at the start of this series
And this season most of the rebels cheered at the death of the Roman citizens as they forced them to fight in the streets. I don't think that scene was unintentional
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-19, 17:42   Link #84
barcode120x
NS

Just saw the last episode. I thought it was poorly done due to the amount of CGI or w/e they used, but overall, the plot of that specific episode was pretty good and fell somewhat in line with the old Sparatcus retells.

Btw, can someone explain to me what happened to Mira (played by Katrina Law; Spartacus' 1st love after his wife) during the first 2 seasons? I keep searching around for what happened to her in the 3rd season but she just "disappeared"
Old 2013-04-19, 19:29   Link #85
VTHokiePride

Probably my favorite female love interest if she was compared to Mira, her end seemed inevitable after Spartacus claimed that he had given all of the love he could to her. However it wasn't enough.

Spoiler for Mira's Fate:
VTHokiePride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-20, 12:36   Link #86
barcode120x
NS

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokiePride View Post
Probably my favorite female love interest if she was compared to Mira, her end seemed inevitable after Spartacus claimed that he had given all of the love he could to her. However it wasn't enough.

Spoiler for Mira's Fate:
Thanks for the info. She was a cutie too, I don't like Laeta at all, I think she's fugly