AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-02-11, 14:06   Link #841
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Canada
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
Ah, new clothes for Victorique. Excellent.
Yeah definitely look pretty nice. Good to change things up now and then.
__________________
FlareKnight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-11, 14:57   Link #842
Kaoru Chujo
Minase Inori
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Ep 6 excellent. Lots of good stuff, even in the plot department, but my favorite moments were Victorica's first little grunt, and then the sound she made when she fell. Yuuki Aoi can really do those little sounds.
__________________
MINASE Inori 水瀬いのり age 18. 2010 Occult Academy (Akari). 2011 Uta no Prince-sama 1000% (students). 2012 Nukko (Sumire), Symphogear (minor roles). 2013 Love Lab (Suzu), Super Seisyun Brothers (Kohara Shiyo). 2014 Robot Girls Z (Gre-chan), Nobunaga The Fool (Chibihane, Toku), Black Bullet (Mibu), Is the order a rabbit? (Chino), Sugar Soldier (Kisaragi Makoto), Gargantia OVA (Rima), Locodol (Mirai), Aldnoah.Zero (Eddelrittuo), Sora no Method (Noel).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | summer 2014 previews | summer 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: | Mahouka Koukou | Glasslip | Tokyo Ghoul | Sailor Moon Crystal | Locodol | Ao Haru Ride | Hanayamata | Aldnoah.Zero | Nozaki-kun | Magimoji Rurumo | Zankyou no Terror | Tokyo ESP | Rokujouma no Shinryakusha | Love Stage!! | Jinsei | Rail Wars | Blade Dance | Himegoto
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-11, 15:02   Link #843
felix
sleepyhead
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: event horizon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblitz View Post
Newtype

Don't tell me this show is going to copy/paste a lot of the Sherlock Holmes plot?
__________________
felix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-11, 16:17   Link #844
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Ep 6 excellent. Lots of good stuff, even in the plot department, but my favorite moments were Victorica's first little grunt, and then the sound she made when she fell. Yuuki Aoi can really do those little sounds.
That sound was pretty funny indeed. Yuuki Aoi is truly shining in this role. I'm starting to sound like a broken record here, but... Victorique is SO CUTE! I think she's actually getting a little cuter with each passing episode.

Spoiler for episode 6:
__________________
Mikan & Yami
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-11, 17:02   Link #845
Sparvid
*hic*
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: A Swede in Tokyo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Spoiler for episode 6:
Spoiler:
__________________
Sparvid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-11, 17:41   Link #846
Kunagisa
赤緑黒白
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Spoiler for episode 6:
This actually becomes somewhat an important point later on (not in the sense that it is a big mystery, but in the sense of say ... a reactionary event because of it), so I suggest people don't answer this in the anime thread until at least when this arc's over (by then you probably get the answer as well ). Feel free to speculate though!~

The sneaking out scene and the cavities totally reminded me how completely clueless Kujou is. All male lead gets +100 skill points on cluelessness regarding romantic interest, but this guy gets +100 points on cluelessness regarding common sense.

Last edited by Kunagisa; 2011-02-11 at 18:46.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-11, 17:44   Link #847
felix
sleepyhead
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: event horizon
I agree, Kujo and common sense is like mixing oil and water. It's a little annoying though. I understand some of them are jokes, but feel the audience is somewhat being made a fool of with them.
__________________
felix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-11, 18:27   Link #848
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NJ, USA
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Spoiler for episode 6:
Spoiler for ep 6:
__________________
ars89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-11, 18:37   Link #849
RiderLeangle
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Spoiler for episode 6:
Spoiler:
RiderLeangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-11, 19:17   Link #850
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Academy City
It seems volume 2 has started. I didn't remember anything about the magician, but I vaguely remember the case with the nun and the plate, so I think it's been accurate so far. I remember liking this arc but I don't remember the specifics, so I'm counting on Bones to make it good.
__________________
SuzushinaYuriko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-11, 19:51   Link #851
Kaoru Chujo
Minase Inori
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Not sure we'll get to see it outside Japan, but there is going to be a Gosick special on the TV Tokyo show AxA late Monday night, featuring Yuuki Aoi, Eguchi Takuya (Kujou) and Shitaya Noriko (Avril). On Tuesday night, they will feature a challenge between two TV Tokyo announcers and Victorica -- who I guess may be represented by Yuuki Aoi.
__________________
MINASE Inori 水瀬いのり age 18. 2010 Occult Academy (Akari). 2011 Uta no Prince-sama 1000% (students). 2012 Nukko (Sumire), Symphogear (minor roles). 2013 Love Lab (Suzu), Super Seisyun Brothers (Kohara Shiyo). 2014 Robot Girls Z (Gre-chan), Nobunaga The Fool (Chibihane, Toku), Black Bullet (Mibu), Is the order a rabbit? (Chino), Sugar Soldier (Kisaragi Makoto), Gargantia OVA (Rima), Locodol (Mirai), Aldnoah.Zero (Eddelrittuo), Sora no Method (Noel).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | summer 2014 previews | summer 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: | Mahouka Koukou | Glasslip | Tokyo Ghoul | Sailor Moon Crystal | Locodol | Ao Haru Ride | Hanayamata | Aldnoah.Zero | Nozaki-kun | Magimoji Rurumo | Zankyou no Terror | Tokyo ESP | Rokujouma no Shinryakusha | Love Stage!! | Jinsei | Rail Wars | Blade Dance | Himegoto
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-11, 20:18   Link #852
Essa Maneira
Tsukiko! ♥
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
the story goes deeper in this story arc, Victorique was so determined the prove her mother is innocent, and what Kujo will be do in the next episode. i think there's something suspicious with Sister Mildred..
__________________

HALA MADRID!
Essa Maneira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-11, 20:24   Link #853
D-Gold
Archangelic Iron Beast
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: On an IRC
Age: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
That sound was pretty funny indeed. Yuuki Aoi is truly shining in this role. I'm starting to sound like a broken record here, but... Victorique is SO CUTE! I think she's actually getting a little cuter with each passing episode.

Spoiler for episode 6:


Too bad we haven't seen any yet


oh and Victorique was soooo cute this episode.
(end of obligatory Victorique cute post)
__________________
D-Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-11, 20:36   Link #854
Flower
Purrrfectly cuddly! ^^
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Yamoto, Akiba, Log Horizon Guild Hall, Kitchen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Not sure we'll get to see it outside Japan, but there is going to be a Gosick special on the TV Tokyo show AxA late Monday night, featuring Yuuki Aoi, Eguchi Takuya (Kujou) and Shitaya Noriko (Avril). On Tuesday night, they will feature a challenge between two TV Tokyo announcers and Victorica -- who I guess may be represented by Yuuki Aoi.


Hrm ... promo material, maybe?
__________________
Flower is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-11, 22:52   Link #855
Random Wanderer
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Spoiler for Episode 6:
Random Wanderer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-11, 22:57   Link #856
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by yukirosuzuka View Post
It's not edited. What makes you think that it is? There are several of these on youtube and each of these look relatively the same.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
yukirosuzuka is actually correct that the video itself is not edited from what the opening showed in sequence. I personally checked both the video and the opening and found nothing different.
If you guys can't see it, go 1 minute into the actual opening and the edited version.

Or here you go. Let both of them load all the way first.
http://www.youtubedoubler.com/?video...=0&authorName=

Some scenes are stretched out and some are compressed to make the video fit the song.

Edit: Oh wait, the uploader already explained it. My bad.

Last edited by OceanBlue; 2011-02-11 at 23:07.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-12, 03:40   Link #857
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Xanadu
Age: 22
Spoiler for ep6:


looking for a wallpaper or images thread about gosick..... T_T
__________________

even if you can't see me, even if you can't hear me, I'll be by your side (Kaname Madoka, 2011)
anime list
manga list
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-12, 05:43   Link #858
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post
This actually becomes somewhat an important point later on (not in the sense that it is a big mystery, but in the sense of say ... a reactionary event because of it), so I suggest people don't answer this in the anime thread until at least when this arc's over (by then you probably get the answer as well ). Feel free to speculate though!~

The sneaking out scene and the cavities totally reminded me how completely clueless Kujou is. All male lead gets +100 skill points on cluelessness regarding romantic interest, but this guy gets +100 points on cluelessness regarding common sense.
I assume it isn't related to pain and that it's the gesture itself that has a meaning for her... I have no idea what it is though. I'll wait for more clues.

And yeah, Kujo is utterly clueless. At first, I thought he was joking about the cavities in order to tease Victorique but nope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
Spoiler for Episode 6:
Yes, it doesn't make sense for the nun to steal the plate, unless she was just an intermediary. Another point that puzzled me in her reasoning this week is that she knew the nun sat like a man. Is that the kind of detail Kujo would pay attention to and think of relaying to Victorique? Maybe I'm underestimating him, but I reallly doubt it. He wasn't even able to make the connection between the birds and the magician.
__________________
Mikan & Yami
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-12, 05:55   Link #859
ninja_pintu
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
And yeah, Kujo is utterly clueless. At first, I thought he was joking about the cavities in order to tease Victorique but nope
Exactly, I was actually surprised when he said that he actually thought Victrorique wanted to go to a dentist

Quote:
Another point that puzzled me in her reasoning this week is that she knew the nun sat like a man. Is that the kind of detail Kujo would pay attention to and think of relaying to Victorique? Maybe I'm underestimating him, but I reallly doubt it. He wasn't even able to make the connection between the birds and the magician.
Yes, this is one of the flaws of this series. How come Kujo almost never fails to mention every key detail(even the ones which aren't easily noticeable), when most of the time he isn't shown to be that smart.
__________________
ninja_pintu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-12, 07:20   Link #860
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I assume it isn't related to pain and that it's the gesture itself that has a meaning for her... I have no idea what it is though. I'll wait for more clues.

And yeah, Kujo is utterly clueless. At first, I thought he was joking about the cavities in order to tease Victorique but nope
Yeah, I thought Kujo was an idiot before, but he really outdone himself this episode. I too thought he was teasing V, but I can't believe he actually believed that. I mean, I know most male lead aren't the sharpest tool in the box, and I'm not hoping for him to be as script reading perceptive as V, but this level of cluelessness is just....what, did he look at Ichika in Infinite Stratos and said, "No, I'm going to be the densest male lead of the season"? Seriously, WTF. And on top of that, he makes V cried, considered a crime in most places! To be honest, the mystery is beyond weak and I'm watching this just for V, but Kujo is really killing my enjoyment for this show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Yes, it doesn't make sense for the nun to steal the plate, unless she was just an intermediary. Another point that puzzled me in her reasoning this week is that she knew the nun sat like a man. Is that the kind of detail Kujo would pay attention to and think of relaying to Victorique? Maybe I'm underestimating him, but I reallly doubt it. He wasn't even able to make the connection between the birds and the magician.
Yeah, it confuses me too, the only way to explain it is if she's an intermediary like you says, I hope they'll explain it later seeing how she's still in the picture. To be honest, as the episodes goes on I'm more convinced that the book she's constantly reading on the library has the script on it. Really, more and more this is becoming like Encyclopedia Brown. I mean, that is way circumstantial an evidence, surely Victorique has never watched Index before...

Well, the rest of the episode is pretty good though, we finally will delve into V's past, and her motivation of clearing her mother's name seems interesting. I just hope she will use stronger evidences this time...
__________________
Saturn Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
bones, horror, light novel adaptation, moe, mystery, school life, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:26.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.