AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-06-25, 06:47   Link #1881
Ekureiru
神さま、ありがとう!
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Luxembourg
Age: 22
Send a message via AIM to Ekureiru Send a message via MSN to Ekureiru Send a message via Skype™ to Ekureiru
After watching through this episode I can now positively affirm that continuing on with this show, despite my continually flopping doubts & worries, was worth it. The plot points that have been introduced before us up until this point finally melded into a concrete ideal.

The fight scene, although different for GOSICK, was also equally as enjoyable.

Am I the only one whom is reminded of Lelouch Lamperouge in Albert du Blois's methods?

Being a conniving and magnificent bastard, becoming the center of all hatred, only to eventually go out in a 'blaze of glory' and pave the way for the world's freedom. Although the way in which they go about it, and whom they are/were are completely different, I hope the comparison can be made by others or at least understood as to why I made it.

That said, GOSICK (if the finale episode follows up in tune) will earn a solid '8' from me, at least.
__________________

Ekureiru - An entity commonly recognized by many as being on par with gods.
Last.fm | MyAnimeList | Pettanko Fansubs | Now with a degree in Yanderekology.
Ekureiru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-25, 07:06   Link #1882
Wigwams
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
Second, Kujo's where about. It seem he is send back to Japan and was ordered to the north back on his superior's remark. But if that's the cases, it seems illogical for the treatment of Kujo (after all, he is the son of high-reank military officer, maybe there isn't preferential treatment, at least he shouldn't get specifically targeted and bullied.) If Kujo was still under Albert's control it seem weird sending Kujo to north while still use his letter as a mean to control Victorique. It much more effecient to lock him up and use his safety to force Vicotique to listen.
i think he was sent back to japan and is serving the military there. and from what i got, kujo was simply day dreaming too much that he got punished, and for his bling. i dont know how strict they are about that, but if its against the rules then its not a surprise he got beaten up. its the same imperial army that beats up citizens of occupied countries for not bowing before them during WW2, and the same army who killed and raped freely because they were the soldiers of his imperial highness.
__________________
Wigwams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-25, 07:38   Link #1883
Undertaker
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: U.S.
Disciplines has nothing to do with actions of military during war, at least not until recently due to all the media advancement. As much bad as Japanese Military did in WWII to China it was just as bad during any other war time. From WWII, Vietnam War, all the way back to ancient wars from thousands of years ago, heck, even the Chinese Civil War that followed with Nationalist v.s. Communist ain't that much prettier either, so don't patronize because they were "imperial soldiers". Come on, Japan still has it emperor and England still have their Queen just as many other countries still have. No matter which war you pick, there is always innocents that got involved and women raped, it has nothing to do with them being "imperial soldiers", there are just excuses they can be "revolutionary army" or even "god's army" for all I care. Anyone said otherwise is fooling themselves.


While it seems that he is back in Japanese military, what was depicted was still pretty illogical. Preferential treatment aside. If Kujo was disciplined because of breaking rules by having the ring, then there is no way he can still hold on to it and it's not something a simple beat down can solve. If it wasn't for discipline nor breaking rule, than it is weird that he became the target considering his background. Besides his peer noted in first beating that the superior officer's demand was unreasonable shows that he was specifically targeted.
__________________
Undertaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-25, 09:22   Link #1884
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Best Place In The WORLD
Age: 23
Man as much as I loved this episode, I was also semi-loll'ing on the inside...

Could not help but make the connection to Yoda's fight when Cordelia was jumping all over the place (gawddd ruined the scene for me >.<) --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lig40...eature=related
__________________
miroku2192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-25, 09:57   Link #1885
klare
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
things happen so fast in this eps, i wonder did Grevil betray his father and help Cordelia to save Vic?

and suddenly we get a fight scene with Darker Than Black style as well as Kujo's shocking haircut...

since the main villain is dead, the final eps should focus on Kujo and Vic happy ending
__________________
klare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-25, 10:36   Link #1886
Wigwams
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
Disciplines has nothing to do with actions of military during war, at least not until recently due to all the media advancement. As much bad as Japanese Military did in WWII to China it was just as bad during any other war time. From WWII, Vietnam War, all the way back to ancient wars from thousands of years ago, heck, even the Chinese Civil War that followed with Nationalist v.s. Communist ain't that much prettier either, so don't patronize because they were "imperial soldiers". Come on, Japan still has it emperor and England still have their Queen just as many other countries still have. No matter which war you pick, there is always innocents that got involved and women raped, it has nothing to do with them being "imperial soldiers", there are just excuses they can be "revolutionary army" or even "god's army" for all I care. Anyone said otherwise is fooling themselves.


While it seems that he is back in Japanese military, what was depicted was still pretty illogical. Preferential treatment aside. If Kujo was disciplined because of breaking rules by having the ring, then there is no way he can still hold on to it and it's not something a simple beat down can solve. If it wasn't for discipline nor breaking rule, than it is weird that he became the target considering his background. Besides his peer noted in first beating that the superior officer's demand was unreasonable shows that he was specifically targeted.
discipline has everything to do with war time. its how disciple is enforced which has changed. back then the more abusive disciplinary actions (even getting killed by your own guys) can be taken because noone is there to see, and there is no fast way to report it. and i am just using the words of some imperial japanese soldiers who gave interviews, it has been some time since i read them. but that's pretty much what they said. it may not be 100% accurate or the majority case, but you know if they can do so many bad things, why cant they beat someone up?

in that kujo scene, we pretty much get the idea he got beat up for a very long time. the "preferential" treatment might be the fact he didnt get killed on the spot because that might cause an issue with the dad. that officer may or may not be targeting kujo, but the fact that the officer was not being stopped (noone bother to intervened) means what he is doing is within their norm or there was "reasonable" cause for the action.

P.S. im not sure this is the one i read in the past or this is just one of the many that used the phrase that i used here.
http://search.japantimes.co.jp/cgi-b...0070304a1.html
__________________

Last edited by Wigwams; 2011-06-25 at 10:59.
Wigwams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-25, 11:07   Link #1887
taichi-kun
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
I am curious about the finale episode.... please let it be a happy ending (maybe a time skip will be happen here)
I think I will be very upset if bones give us a sad end

If kujo is really in japan,it will be impossible for Vic to reach him... omg .. please I don't want kujo to die in the war

I can't wait for episode 24 ...

I think all of this is not based in novel 8(two volumes) .. so maybe we should find the real end .. after episode 24 ...
taichi-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-25, 12:14   Link #1888
Kaoru Chujo
Komatsu Mikako
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Great episode. Too bad the pace was so much quicker than in most other episodes. Could they not have spread this over a couple of episodes and gotten rid of some of the comparative filler earlier on?

That aside, I really loved this ep. Yuuki Aoi and Sawashiro Miyuki both got chances to shine. Yes, I believe Kujou is in Japan. I also expect that Greville will ride up just in time to stop Brian#2 from offing our heroine.

I think all we can hope is that after the war, either Kujou is able to return to Saubure to "continue his studies," or else that Victorique, with her brother's help, is able to visit Japan. With his father dead, Greville is now the Marquis, I suppose. By the way, in this alternative history, I wonder which side wins WW2. No A-bombs?

Posters have identified some of the unlikely happenings, but I am used to unlikely happenings in this show. Exact plotting is not the strength here.

It's an inescapable fact, however, that three of the shows I have been enjoying recently have Okada Mari as lead writer: AnoHana, Hanasaku, and this. The difference is that those other two are original stories, whereas this is an adaptation. Okada-sensei wrote this particular episode, as well.

I first ran into her as writer of a large number of episodes of the great Simoun, in 2006. Since then -- and especially since true tears -- she has become one of the busiest writers in the business. I'm never totally satisfied with her work, I must admit, but I'm probably more satisfied with hers than with almost anyone else's, lol. And in any case, the overall structure of a plot is not her responsibility alone. She no doubt gets lots of instructions from the director and the producers.
__________________
Komatsu Mikako 小松未可子 b88.11.11 (age 26). 2010: Heroman (Joey). 2011: Yu-Gi-Oh Zexal (Mizuki Kotori). 2012: Bodacious Space Pirates (Kato Mariko), K (Neko). 2013: Sunday Without God (Ulla Hecmatika), Nagi no Asukara (Miuna). 2014: Soul Eater Not (Eternal Feather), Aldnoah Zero (Inko), Ao Haru Ride (Shuuko), Nisekoi (Seishirou). 2015: Junketsu no Maria (Priapos), Gangsta (Ginger), Aoharu x Kikanjuu (Hotaru), Ushio to Tora (Asako), Danchigai (Yayoi).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | spring 2015 anime previews | summer 2015 anime previews - schedule
character/seiyuu pages: Hibike! Euphonium | Akagami no Shirayukihime | Joukamachi no Dandelion | Charlotte | Gangsta | Gatchaman

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2011-06-25 at 12:47.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-25, 17:08   Link #1889
X207
Gamyūsa
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal
the episode wa great in so many ways, on one hand im sad that yoda/Cordelia is gone but that fight was great. there were alot of moving scenes that you'd find in a trajedy series . im a bit scared to see the next episode for fear the old man's predition on Victorique and Kujo that they wont meet up in person again. it was rather sad that Victorique was imprisoned again in a dungeon, i was glad that she switched out with Cordelia but cordelia didnt last too long after that grand finale. im extremely happy that the white villian was killed (forgot his name ). i hope the series ends like the sound of music where the family escapes to face future trials in life together.
__________________
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-25, 22:41   Link #1890
OkamiNoKaze
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Cordelia was awesome in that fight, I'm glad I wasn't the only one to think of Yoda
__________________
OkamiNoKaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-26, 01:20   Link #1891
Marcus H.
Tea and Crumpets from NY
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: the Philippines
Guys, if anyone of you want to work on the translation of the manga, please contact me. I have the RAWs of Volumes 2-6 of the manga, and I don't trust my translations, although I know how to handle cleaning and typesetting.

There are many things covered by the manga that was skipped by the anime series, including the story behind Sophie and Cecile's friendship and the mystery that Avril stumbled upon in Italy (apparently, that was her destination on the summer vacation).

Here's a sneak peek of Volume 4:
Spoiler for img:
__________________
Marcus' Handpicked!
Spring 2015: Gintama (2015), Hibike! Euphonium, Kekkai Sensen,
Oregairu Zoku, and Nagato Yuki-chan no Shoushitsu.
LIGHT NOVEL CHALLENGE: Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatte Iru Darou ka?.

Summer 2015: Durarara!!x2 Ten, Classroom Crisis, Charlotte, and Working! S3.


Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
MyAnimeList Status|| Watching: 33. Completed: 246. Plan to watch: 32.

Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-26, 02:51   Link #1892
Ghostfriendly
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
Am I seriously the only one who thought this past episode completely derailed the entire series? I mean...

Spoiler for Complaining About Shows I Did Actually Watch And Therefore Including Spoilers:
I think I'm agreeing with various posters in saying that the turn of events is sinister and psycological enough to fit in the with the series, but the rushed way the story is finished isn't so good. Understandable in an adaption though.

I assume Vic handed over the Roget note to De Blois to protect Kujo. Kujo being sent back to Japan rather than imprisoned is a bit odd, but perhaps by this time De Blois has committed the country to war so far that Vic has to serve him by telling him the way to win, in order to protect the people of Sabure rather than Kujo

The 'years from now' clause in the prophesy might still come to pass if the 1924 crisis is averted without a large war. Kujo could wander back to Sabure, and he Vic could grow older happily together for another fifteen years.
Ghostfriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-26, 04:38   Link #1893
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Italy
To be completely honest, I was also quite bothered by the fact that they ignored history. I mean, until now I was having the feeling that they were being pretty respectful in that regard, at the very least placing World War I where it did belong. But now placing WWII in 1925 is awkward to say the least. Germany invading Poland? In 1925 Germany was starting its recovery after the catastrophic consequences of World War I (as in human losses, material losses, but especially received bans and fees), and most of the other countries weren't ready yet at that point, either that they won or lose the Great War (for example Italy was on the allies' side in WWI so it technically won, but even so in 1925 it was just starting to sort out the postwar mess, with a dictatorship).

I would have preferred if they left WWII where it belongs and show it in a second season, at least that was I've been hoping and expecting.

With this said, this episode still smelt of epic. Terribly rushed but still epic. If we disregard the historic alterations, we got a glimpse of what massive brainwashing upon the citizens mean, a theme that was pretty popular at that time. Seeing Saubure's population used as mannequins sent a chill down my spine because that has happened so many times in reality and that's how it works in certain situations such as the one the anime is currently portraying.

Victorique and her chessboard, Kujo in the army, Cordelia, the 2 Roscoe, the final battle, the suspense for the last episode. So much in a single episode. Now let's wait for the grand finale, I wonder if they'll be able to wrap things up properly, especially between out two protagonists. As I said, I'd have preferred a softer approach (read: more episodes to show this particular flow of events since it's not exactly secondary), but what's done is done so I'm looking forward to next week's finale.
__________________
Pellissier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-26, 07:06   Link #1894
aeriolewinters
Gin-Sama no Tameni!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Balanga City, Bataan, Philippines
Send a message via Yahoo to aeriolewinters
So... Why didn't Brian bring out Dynames when he had a chance? Why didn't Cordelia use her rose petals? -j/k.

Seriously though, it was sad to see Cordelia go, but man, those sword skills were epic. Can't wait how they wrap this up.
__________________
Mercury Lampe
aeriolewinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-26, 09:15   Link #1895
KyriaL
You are Reading this!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: In the study room
Shows the love of a mother for her daughter, up to being willing to sacrifice oneself. Anyway did not expect any swordplay, it certainly took me by surprise.

heartening to see both Kujo and Victorique treasure the momentos of each other.
KyriaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-26, 09:39   Link #1896
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Sauville is a fictional country. I guess the series is set in an alternate timeline where major world events worked out differently.

Much of Sauville seems to have escaped the ravages of WW1. The country seems to have recovered extremely well in 6-7 years. Their economy seems strong. Old buildings are still standing.

It seems Victorica was locked in the tower for the duration of the war.

They could have made this series a bit longer with some anime only filler and given people like Brian Roscoe and Avril some more backstory. Brian Roscoe, at least one of the twins, seems to have been a spy during the war.

I thought Jacqueline would have a larger role but she doesn't. I guess she just served as a plot device to convey Grevil's real nature. He's kind of the white knight in hiding.

Last edited by mechalord; 2011-06-26 at 09:52.
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-27, 01:15   Link #1897
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Sauville is a pocket country. Their being there shouldn't be enough to advance WW2 14 years.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-27, 07:01   Link #1898
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Maine
Age: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Sauville is a pocket country. Their being there shouldn't be enough to advance WW2 14 years.
And it's very standard in European-setting fiction to invent new pocket Ruritanias (generally set somewhere in the Balkans, though Sauville/Saubure is on the other side of Italy so it's more like a faux Luxembourg) in which to set political dramas so as not to have to trip over the real history of various nations (indeed, this was the reason for the creation of the actual Ruritania in The Prisoner of Zenda). This is almost never a sign that the actual history of the fictional world is going to change. The problem here is that the Second World War was the product of a number of large-scale political and social developments (for example, part of why the Nazis gained power was in response to the economic collapse of the Weimar Republic, which was driven in part by war reparations, but also by the Great Depression, which hasn't even started yet in the Gosick universe). Every plotline thus far has focused on the political situation within Sauville, a minor, backwater country which while it would be very interested on being on the winning side of international politics and war would be very unlikely to drive that war without major changes in the external world. Because they haven't shown us those changes, the sudden switch in history seems less like an understandable change in an alternate fictional universe and more like an ass-pull to drive the "Oh noes! They're separated!" aspect of the plot.
DezoPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-28, 13:05   Link #1899
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Canada
Age: 28
Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
It might have been better if they didn't make it seem like WW1 was pretty much historically accurate. You had a feeling for how things would go if they were planning on staying on that path. Then suddenly it's "oh WW2 is starting a decade early." Obviously they can do whatever they want, but think they could have made a good finale without it. Easy enough to create chaos within the country that mostly escaped damage in WW1.

I feel bad for Cordelia and the Roscoe duo. I mean in the end Victorique and Kujo being happy is the big conclusion, but seems unfortunate. Cordelia had so many terrible things happen to her and now sacrifices her life. Wonder if Cordelia was thinking clearly when putting this plan together. It's been clear that the Roscoes are at best indifferent and at worst hateful towards Victorique. If she's not there the end result could be bad. Looks bad, but characters have survived worse. Just think it'd be nice if she could get more than the satisfaction of Victorique being alive.
__________________
FlareKnight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-28, 13:23   Link #1900
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: At your house fixing A/C
Kujo turns into a middle aged man after being beat up
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
bones, horror, light novel adaptation, moe, mystery, school life, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:13.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.