AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-04-16, 07:27   Link #641
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Classified
Here's an interesting thing i just discovered.

When i first heard "The Maiden and The Bear" being sang, the singer sounded like Gary Lightbody, the frontman from Snow Patrol. Turns out it is him!

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
__________________
MrTerrorist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-16, 07:45   Link #642
GDB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tougarashi View Post
(I'm not sure she's thinking the dragon will fly back to her in the end)
That better be her plan, otherwise I'll lose pretty much all respect for her as any level of leader or tactician. Humanitarian, sure, leader, no.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-16, 08:03   Link #643
erneiz_hyde
Indifferent
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: InterWebs
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
That better be her plan, otherwise I'll lose pretty much all respect for her as any level of leader or tactician. Humanitarian, sure, leader, no.
The following is speculation: remember when she said her dragons weren't growing fast enough? It could be that Dany is now letting the slave traders nurse her dragon to maturity since they would probably have a steadier flow of feed for the dragon. That's also probably why she let them take the biggest one she has so the return period will be somewhat faster. The same reasoning is also used for why she didn't offer all three because the slave-traders will focus on feeding just one dragon instead of three, and one matured dragon is better three younglings. With the dragon being magical creature, they also probably already imprinted Dany as their true master so claiming them back later on would be easy. The dragon may even return to Dany by itself after growing big enough.
__________________
erneiz_hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-16, 08:43   Link #644
GDB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 28
Assuming that to be the case, then it makes sense. However, they should've done a better job of explaining their connection if that were the case. Not like there wasn't plenty of time in season 2 where they could've put it in.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-16, 09:17   Link #645
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Classified



I think she has a plan. The Slaver will try to betray her but she has a plan to screw him if he does.
__________________
MrTerrorist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-16, 09:20   Link #646
Tougarashi
zutto soba ni ite ne
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post
The following is speculation: remember when she said her dragons weren't growing fast enough? It could be that Dany is now letting the slave traders nurse her dragon to maturity since they would probably have a steadier flow of feed for the dragon. That's also probably why she let them take the biggest one she has so the return period will be somewhat faster. The same reasoning is also used for why she didn't offer all three because the slave-traders will focus on feeding just one dragon instead of three, and one matured dragon is better three younglings. With the dragon being magical creature, they also probably already imprinted Dany as their true master so claiming them back later on would be easy. The dragon may even return to Dany by itself after growing big enough.
Agreed. Even if the slave trader owned the dragon, they cannot speak in their tongue. On the top of that Khelessi is practically loving the dragons like the mother who love her children, not just to use them in the war. I might be wrong about it but she was nearly gone mad when she lost her dragons back in Qarth. To determine that she's a good leader or not is quite controversial though. She could be stubborn at times and only satisfied when she had a chance to do what she wants. But that stubbornness made her Khelessi and won the respect of the whole clan.
__________________
Currently watching previous season anime: Chihayafuru 2

Current Season animes: Shingeki no Kyojin, Inu to Hasmi wa Tsukai yo
Tougarashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-16, 17:29   Link #647
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Hong Kong Shatterdome
Considering that last season it was confirmed that there WAS a magical connection between Danny and her Dragons, it seems very unlikely that Danny seriously plans to make an honest trade here.

I don't think Danny would feel an ounce of remose for swindling slavers out of their army.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Assuming that to be the case, then it makes sense. However, they should've done a better job of explaining their connection if that were the case. Not like there wasn't plenty of time in season 2 where they could've put it in.
They did.

Remember dany in the temple of the undying? Remember why after the temple guys got the dragons they wanted to have dany to? Because the magic emanating from the dragons was strongest when Dany was around them? That's a pretty strong indication that Dany and the Dragons have an intense magical bond.


Dany's proving to be pretty devious if her plan is what I think it is. She's paying with a little dragon coin to purchase an army out of a vending machine...except she has a string tied to the coin that she can yank to get her money back.

Last edited by james0246; 2013-04-16 at 17:48.
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-18, 00:09   Link #648
barcode120x
NS
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Ontario, CA
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tougarashi View Post
Agreed. Even if the slave trader owned the dragon, they cannot speak in their tongue. On the top of that Khelessi is practically loving the dragons like the mother who love her children, not just to use them in the war. I might be wrong about it but she was nearly gone mad when she lost her dragons back in Qarth. To determine that she's a good leader or not is quite controversial though. She could be stubborn at times and only satisfied when she had a chance to do what she wants. But that stubbornness made her Khelessi and won the respect of the whole clan.
Yep. And again, she is the "mother" of these dragons. It would only be natural for a dragon to return to its mother despite being trained and fed somewhere far off for many years.
__________________
barcode120x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-21, 20:56   Link #649
GDB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 28
Wow, way to go Dany. She just did everything I've been wanting her to do this season in 8 minutes. She's definitely shot up to be tied with Arya as my favorite character now. If her story hadn't been so god awfully boring in season 2, she'd be the clear #1.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-21, 21:10   Link #650
ChainLegacy
廉頗
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Massachusetts, US
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Wow, way to go Dany. She just did everything I've been wanting her to do this season in 8 minutes. She's definitely shot up to be tied with Arya as my favorite character now. If her story hadn't been so god awfully boring in season 2, she'd be the clear #1.
Yeah, she's kind of always been my favorite of the would-be or presently-are ruler tier of characters. Ned and Robb are good too, but not as interesting. I wonder if she'll reassemble a Dothraki horde to join her unsullied army, that would be god mode (plus I was looking forward to seeing the Dothraki in action, as of right now they just kinda seemed to fall out of the plot).

For non-rulers, Varys is also a pretty awesome character, and quite ruthless as of what we saw this episode. Eh, I dunno if I could choose an overall favorite, lots of good characters with very different traits I find appealing. That's one of the main reasons the series is so good.

I like Marjorie and her Grandma, but their presence doesn't undo the douchebag Joffrey + Cersei factor, so I hope Robb or Daenyrys somehow take down the crown.

Actually, probably the only 'ruling faction' I don't really have any strong feelings for is Stannis. Fire woman's magic is interesting, but that plotline has been kind of boring.

Also happy that jackass guy got killed by the Nights' Watch. Too bad to see Mormont Senior die, though, he was pretty cool.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-21, 21:49   Link #651
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Hong Kong Shatterdome
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Wow, way to go Dany. She just did everything I've been wanting her to do this season in 8 minutes. She's definitely shot up to be tied with Arya as my favorite character now. If her story hadn't been so god awfully boring in season 2, she'd be the clear #1.
Danny certainly IS getting allot more stuff done this season. Good show Danny.


I figured some double cross was in store from Danny. Didn't realize it'd be this forward and violent. I guess this is the problem with training warriors so fanatically to obey objects of command. They shift their allegiance right away. I'm thinking that the Slavers were unused to selling this many of the Unsullied at once, and perhaps didn't take the appropriate precautions to their client turning them against them right away.


Though there surely was some resistance from other military elements in the city. But perhaps we shouldn't discount the effect that even Danny's three infant dragons could have. They ARE basically smart flying flame throwers. One pass, and half an assembling phalanx is burning alive and the other half is trying to run for cover, before getting run down by Danny's unsullied. The slave soldiers still loyal to the city (likely the ones not for sale) have been trained to do allot of things, but fire projection like this is an out of context problem.
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-21, 23:04   Link #652
Xagzan
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Dany, let us bow to you already.

That end scene was epic beyond words, especially in light of her character arc, how far she has come. Although I do wonder if it was smart for her to tell the Unsullied they fight as free men now. I know it's supposed to represent her amazing charisma to have them follow her anyway, but now aren't they not absolutely bound to her "don't rape and pillage" command?

As for Marjorie, it's eerie yet delightful how she knows EXACTLY what to say to Joffrey to butter him up in every scene, especially for knowing him so little time. She definitely is craftier than Cersei there.

I just got a bad feeling from the fact that Arya's current company worship the same god as Melisandre...
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-21, 23:24   Link #653
Hitenma
Behold! We are the Nine!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Sendai, Japan
Age: 29
I don't know about pillage but they can't rape even if she orders them to do so
Hitenma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-22, 00:53   Link #654
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
Dany, let us bow to you already.

That end scene was epic beyond words, especially in light of her character arc, how far she has come. Although I do wonder if it was smart for her to tell the Unsullied they fight as free men now. I know it's supposed to represent her amazing charisma to have them follow her anyway, but now aren't they not absolutely bound to her "don't rape and pillage" command?

As for Marjorie, it's eerie yet delightful how she knows EXACTLY what to say to Joffrey to butter him up in every scene, especially for knowing him so little time. She definitely is craftier than Cersei there.

I just got a bad feeling from the fact that Arya's current company worship the same god as Melisandre...
In Cersei's defense, being a sexpot for her son is probably beyond even her, incestous affair with Jaimie notwithstanding. I loved the interplay between her and her father. In the bigger picture, she's right of course. Women tend to be restricted by..well...by being women, but Tywin's blunt statement of why he doesn't give her more responsibility shone a bright light on Cersei's problems of competency, regardless of her gender. It was also amusing to see how similar she and Tyrion were framed in their father's office, something neither would likely ever admit.

Dany is, by far, the character in the show that's shown the most growth from season 1, episode 1, 'till now. But, there's a lot of story left to cover. It'll be fun to watch Jaimie Lannister's arc, now that he's lost the thing that's practically defined him as a person up 'till now.

It occurred to me, a bit late, that it's a might bit strange that John Snow's direwolf stayed with the Night's Watch, rather than go after his master.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-22, 07:35   Link #655
GDB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 28
I'm sure Ghost knows John Snow wanted to keep his friends safe. And being out of the picture himself, he left Ghost up to the task.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-22, 09:32   Link #656
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Classified
I laugh at the fact Tywin treats Cersei not so differently like Tyrion and actually tells her she isn't smart like she think she is.

The infighting between the Night's Watch rebels and loyalists is gonna cause trouble for Jon and Sam in the future.

Whoa. You can't help but feel sorry for Theon after that bastard tricked him into returning him to his cell.

And that was smart of Dany of using the Unsullied undying loyalty to their master against the Slavers.

Ps: Even Ros and Varys are talking about Pod's "skills". lol

__________________
MrTerrorist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-22, 10:55   Link #657
calorie
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Tannhäuser Gate
Age: 25
Ahh, so that was the moment which the producers talked about...pretty badass, gotta admit. I was cheering throughout the last 5 minutes of this episode.
calorie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-22, 11:09   Link #658
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Hong Kong Shatterdome
They made an interesting, though understandable, departure from the book. The Tyrels in the book were plotting to get Sansa married off to the eldest Tyrel brother, Willas. I'm guessing since we haven't seen Willas in the show yet, they opted to have Loras come up to bat...which has all sorts of interesting implications considering that Loras is well, rather uninterested in women.

I still can't quite begrudge the Tyrell's though. Not when the alternative is Baelish, or someone like him making moves on Sansa. Sansa's problem right now is having too many men interested in her, so this is still a setup up for her.
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-22, 16:34   Link #659
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 27
The ending was bloody awesome. My favorite moment was when Dany revealed she spoke valyrian and therefore understood all the insults the master threw at her. At this point you knew some serious shit was going to go down. That's quite the amazing poker face she has. Her subplot is my favorite so far this season, and I'm rooting for her to take back the iron throne. The other wanabee kings are all douches. Robb is okay but he doesn't really have what it takes to be king.

Go go Dany!
__________________
Mikan & Yami
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-22, 18:14   Link #660
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: USA
Age: 28
I'm with everyone, Dany kicked ass. I screamed "Ohhh shit!" so loud when she spoke Valyrian that my family thought I hurt myself. I knew she was going to have the dragon attack him or something but what she did with the army too was brilliant. I bet those old geezers won't be questioning her again. Past two eps have had awesome endings.

As for up north, attacking the Lord Commander was a surprise too. I liked him.

And who will tell Sansa her newly betrothed is gay?
__________________
DragoZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
game of thrones, hbo

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:27.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.