AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2013-05-20, 16:58   Link #761
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
Actually the real big question is did Rheagar know it at the time?

There's actually no cited evidence that Rhaegar actually kidnapped Lyanna. It just seemed to be something that everyone assumed after the Mad King went and burned the top two men of House Stark to death when they showed up to complain about it.

Lyanna willing going off with the married crown prince when she was already engaged to Robert would have caused allot of political shit. But it likely wouldn't have resulted in open warfare.
I would imagine so. IIRC Rhaegar did come to King's landing to say good bye to Jamie before marching off to Trident. I imagine he would be told about the situation. However, at that point, things are too late for any changes.
ArchmageXin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-20, 17:28   Link #762
Byakou

There are so many different storylines now that there's frustratingly little progress overall. Littlefinger still hasn't reached the vale. Brienne & Jaime still haven't reached kings landing. Dany still hasn't reached westeros. The whitewalkers still haven't attacked. Robb hasn't progressed. etc. All the Theon torture and marriage politics stuff is taking up precious time that could be used elsewhere.
Byakou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-20, 17:34   Link #763
GDB

If you only care about the destination and not the journey, sure. But if I wanted that, I'd just watch the first and last episodes and call it a day.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-20, 17:45   Link #764
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byakou View Post
There are so many different storylines now that there's frustratingly little progress overall. Littlefinger still hasn't reached the vale. Brienne & Jaime still haven't reached kings landing. Dany still hasn't reached westeros. The whitewalkers still haven't attacked. Robb hasn't progressed. etc. All the Theon torture and marriage politics stuff is taking up precious time that could be used elsewhere.
To be fair, the third season and the first half of the third book could easily be called Three Weddings and a lot of Funerals, and you wouldn't be far off from the mark. This is the current story. White Walkers and all that fun stuff are peripheral to the largest portion of the story: the politics of an endlessly hypocritical undivided sovereignty society.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-20, 18:11   Link #765
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
To be fair, the third season and the first half of the third book could easily be called Three Weddings and a lot of Funerals, and you wouldn't be far off from the mark. This is the current story. White Walkers and all that fun stuff are peripheral to the largest portion of the story: the politics of an endlessly hypocritical undivided sovereignty society.
The whitewalkers and Dany's return are carrot at the end of a string in front of the horse. The audience being the horse. I haven't read the books yet but I am hoping for a cataclysmic "shit hitting the fan" season at the end. I mean, zombies and dragons are just too cool not to put together!
Old 2013-05-20, 18:26   Link #766
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
I mean, zombies and dragons are just too cool not to put together!
And the Mother of Dragons vs a zombie dragon! MAKE IT HAPPEN!
Old 2013-05-20, 18:51   Link #767
TooPurePureBoy
Socially Inept

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchmageXin View Post
The question is did Lyanna ever knew Daddy and brother were being cooked?
I'm not sure how widespread the news of what exactly happened to Brandon and Rickard Stark when they answered the Mad Kings summons to Kings Landing was. I'm sure if the general nobility knew that Brandon was tied with a noose around his neck with a sword just within reach as his father was boiled alive simply because the King was paranoid that would have caused some problems even amongst the most loyal of his followers. So it was probably kept quiet.

As for what and how much Lyanna knew it is hard to say. I'm sure she eventually found out, but if that was before or after she had thrown her lot in with Rheagar (who was up to some things more important than war or politics) there really isn't enough info to say.
Old 2013-05-20, 20:43   Link #768
jvcscasio
Lord of Lurkervile

He killed a what???

The wedding was sad, Sansa should be thankful that her husband is kinder than others (he could just have f***ed her right there...)
Old 2013-05-20, 20:56   Link #769
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooPurePureBoy View Post
I'm not sure how widespread the news of what exactly happened to Brandon and Rickard Stark when they answered the Mad Kings summons to Kings Landing was. I'm sure if the general nobility knew that Brandon was tied with a noose around his neck with a sword just within reach as his father was boiled alive simply because the King was paranoid that would have caused some problems even amongst the most loyal of his followers. So it was probably kept quiet.

As for what and how much Lyanna knew it is hard to say. I'm sure she eventually found out, but if that was before or after she had thrown her lot in with Rheagar (who was up to some things more important than war or politics) there really isn't enough info to say.

I disagree. If you read Chinese/British/Roman/Japanese etc history, there are thousands of examples of Monarchs and Rulers who were to get away with murder mass-scale, and yet good men watched while evil men encouraged.

Given some of the things Aerys did, I wouldn't be surprised no one bat an eye in fear to become the next wild fire fuel.
Old 2013-05-20, 22:36   Link #770
TooPurePureBoy
Socially Inept

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchmageXin View Post
I disagree. If you read Chinese/British/Roman/Japanese etc history, there are thousands of examples of Monarchs and Rulers who were to get away with murder mass-scale, and yet good men watched while evil men encouraged.

Given some of the things Aerys did, I wouldn't be surprised no one bat an eye in fear to become the next wild fire fuel.
Ya but the Starks are one of the 7 great houses. You can't start killing off the heads of those houses in a brutal fashion without any logical reason or proof of a conspiracy without the others starting to get worried for their own sakes. All it takes is one or two houses to split off and make a few moves before you have a serious problem on your hands. That is unless you have a hulking lizard that can breath fire and fly, then you are Aegon the First and you can have the luxury of your own personal brand of diplomacy. The Mad King had no real power to back up his wanton brutality unlike some of the other "bad" Targaryen kings.

The Seven houses didn't bend the knee easily when Aegon came over and the Starks were last of all. Only when all the other armies and houses had been conquered and confronted face to face with his dragons did the Stark King finally kneel. My point is that the Targaryens always knew that the North/Starks suffered rule under another only by force so they should not have pissed them off so bad. If you are gonna rule over the Starks you gotta prove you can rule better then them. They come from a long line of Kings in their own right so they aren't going to kneel to just anyone.
Old 2013-05-20, 23:02   Link #771
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooPurePureBoy View Post
Ya but the Starks are one of the 7 great houses. You can't start killing off the heads of those houses in a brutal fashion without any logical reason or proof of a conspiracy without the others starting to get worried for their own sakes. All it takes is one or two houses to split off and make a few moves before you have a serious problem on your hands. That is unless you have a hulking lizard that can breath fire and fly, then you are Aegon the First and you can have the luxury of your own personal brand of diplomacy. The Mad King had no real power to back up his wanton brutality unlike some of the other "bad" Targaryen kings.

The Seven houses didn't bend the knee easily when Aegon came over and the Starks were last of all. Only when all the other armies and houses had been conquered and confronted face to face with his dragons did the Stark King finally kneel. My point is that the Targaryens always knew that the North/Starks suffered rule under another only by force so they should not have pissed them off so bad. If you are gonna rule over the Starks you gotta prove you can rule better then them. They come from a long line of Kings in their own right so they aren't going to kneel to just anyone.
Maybe, but look at all those good guys like the White Bull who dragged Jamie over and said "You are suppose to protect the King, not judge him" The entire Kinguard, full of honorable men, would do absolutely nothing and watch Aerys burn the city.

Good guys who decide to do the right deed? Oh, they get to be called KINGSLAYER.

All it takes for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing indeed!
Old 2013-05-20, 23:45   Link #772
barcode120x
NS

Is it just me, or is Mislande a...very physical person...I guess that's how to put it in a "good" way lolz?

Spoiler for Episode 8:
Old 2013-05-21, 06:22   Link #773
Domonkazu

quite good episode overall

Quote:
Originally Posted by barcode120x View Post
Is it just me, or is Mislande a...very physical person...I guess that's how to put it in a "good" way lolz?

Spoiler for Episode 8:
Spoiler:
Domonkazu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-21, 07:58   Link #774
GDB

Did you not see where she put the third leech? She had to get blood pumping down there somehow.
Old 2013-05-21, 08:18   Link #775
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Did you not see where she put the third leech? She had to get blood pumping down there somehow.
I wonder which curse (or prophecy?) that leech was attached to....

The Dragonstone scenes have been interesting as of late, but they still feel like the story is puttering along. It's nice to see some solid advancement, even if comes from a leech suckling on the foreskin of a bastard.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-21, 09:26   Link #776
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
I wonder which curse (or prophecy?) that leech was attached to....

The Dragonstone scenes have been interesting as of late, but they still feel like the story is puttering along. It's nice to see some solid advancement, even if comes from a leech suckling on the foreskin of a bastard.
Logically, it should be Joffery, but I think it should had been

Spoiler for Spoiler from future EP and book:
Old 2013-05-25, 10:58   Link #777
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Here's the Japanese dub of Game of Thrones.
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
YouTube
YouTube

Source
Old 2013-05-25, 14:14   Link #778
GDB

I think the real question is... will it be censored in Japan? Considering all the HBO sex scenes.
Old 2013-05-25, 17:46   Link #779
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

That is interesting, the Chinese translation is "Ice and fire's song" but the Japanese one is "war of the 7 nations"
Old 2013-05-25, 20:12   Link #780
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
I wonder if we are going to get MAD videos, doujins and other fan stuff afterwards? I don't know how western shows like this are received in Japan.

Tags
game of thrones, hbo