AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-04-22, 01:30   Link #521
Phibrizzo
Honos628
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Mexico
I don't think it change your personal reality at all, but the way you manifest your power and I do see your point but at the moment we lack the evidence for it. I do see it as a possibility.

Basically try any essoteric book, websites you would be hard pressed to find a book with that information in a common library. (If you note the archangel that belong to Vento and Terra are changed).
Phibrizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-22, 01:45   Link #522
Flere821
Lurker
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Like what do the wings do? Are they a form of weapon like Misha's and Accelerators and Kakine? If so did she create this specific type of wings to counter Stiyl's rune magic? etc.
The only thing directly attributed to Index's crimson wings is that with a single flap they can destroy Innocentius easily. Blocking the Norse magic Stiyl had was thanks to the multiple copies of the 'Sword of Frey' Index magicked up.
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-22, 13:21   Link #523
Miraluka
18 forever
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
I always wondered about Index's wings.

My theory is that she read the lambskin info from her connection with Fiamma, and that was what allowed her to get those wings.

How feasible is that?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Phibrizzo View Post
The red wings of Index recall me the 3 Choir, the Thrones of Ophan.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ophan

Which are close related to red and fire.
And Fiamma is the one who reigns over the red and fire.

But his mind was linked with Index since he activated the spiritual control on England.

There was a lot of knowledge flowing between each other, so esentially Fiamma's knowledge as the One Alike to God (Michael) was shared with Index (same with Ouma), and her wings just happens to be Red.
This is no coincidence.
__________________
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-29, 04:28   Link #524
Chaos2Frozen
I Am Undone
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Drangelic, or by a different name...
Age: 25
Currently reading vol 15, the beginning was slow but things are starting to accelerate.

Question, what kind of laser on the electromagnetic spectrum does the orbital satellite laser cannon use? The translation says it's 'white light' wave and the only thing I know that is white light radiation is gamma rays. But it looks like it can super heat targets as well as cause cancers...
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-29, 05:04   Link #525
Zakoo
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Gensokyo
Gamma rays are emited by radioactivity, by no means it is by white light. and thankfully, we are taking enough with the ultraviolet and infrared as ionizing radiation.

Well, roughly it can heat because of the photon, since a photon means energy and since our tissues can't stock this energy, they loose it in the form of heat.
Otherwise for the cancer. Well it depends of the laser in the end, normally it emits a light of the visible spectrum but we have lasers that do ultraviolet and infrared, which are ionizing rays.

So it may be a laser that send a replication of the light of the sun. Though i'm not specialized in physics at all.
Zakoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-29, 05:34   Link #526
Chaos2Frozen
I Am Undone
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Drangelic, or by a different name...
Age: 25
The reason why I suggest Gamma radiation is because a Gamma Ray Burst is described as a blind white light. Other than that I don't know what else is specifically 'White Light'.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-29, 09:37   Link #527
Cosmic Eagle
宿命に全てを奪われた少女
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: 宿命と時間の巻きに
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakoo View Post
Gamma rays are emited by radioactivity, by no means it is by white light. and thankfully, we are taking enough with the ultraviolet and infrared as ionizing radiation.

Well, roughly it can heat because of the photon, since a photon means energy and since our tissues can't stock this energy, they loose it in the form of heat.
Otherwise for the cancer. Well it depends of the laser in the end, normally it emits a light of the visible spectrum but we have lasers that do ultraviolet and infrared, which are ionizing rays.

So it may be a laser that send a replication of the light of the sun. Though i'm not specialized in physics at all.
Yes....any EM ray can be used as a beam weapon. Just need enough energy to burn.
__________________
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-29, 22:34   Link #528
Chaos2Frozen
I Am Undone
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Drangelic, or by a different name...
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Yes....any EM ray can be used as a beam weapon. Just need enough energy to burn.
Yes, but which of them would produce a white light?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-30, 03:55   Link #529
Zakoo
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Gensokyo
a white light is the fusion of all the visible spectrum. I don't know the specifics but it's either a superposition of many laser or something I don't know, haha.
Zakoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-30, 05:23   Link #530
zaeraal
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
It seems many people doesn't know about relation between light and energy, so i am going to explain it here. First of all the FACT :
Quote:
Visible light has a wavelength in a range from about 380 or 400 nanometres to about 760 or 780 nm
and that is pure fact, not speculation nor my guess. Humans absolutely can't see anything that it's not in that range (i am not counting superhumans here) - meaning you can't see gamma rays, you can't see x-rays, you can't see ultraviolet, infrared, microwawe nor radio waves.
Put it simple - if you can't see the x-ray, no matter how much you would concentrate it, you absolutely wont be able to see it!!! That counts of course only for the energy itself, but nature has it more complex.

As mentioned above we can see the "gamma ray burst", and the reason is simple - (as far as i know) there are 3 types of "events" that create light - Incandescence, Luminescence and Radioluminescence.
Incandescence - the emission of visible light from a hot body due to its temperature
Luminescence - visible light that usually occurs at low temperatures (chemical reactions, electrical energy , subatomic motions)
Radioluminescence - in some cases, radiation causes emission of visible light upon interaction with matter

Now to your question, you asked about laser canon, that creates white light. The definition "laser canon" itsel means that it is something creating a lot of heat, so it wont be Luminescence and Radioluminescence only reacts with some types of matter (and to create enought light, it has to be a lot of that matter), so that is also a no, because i don't know any gas in air in such amount that would cause it.

So it can only be Incandescence.
Light created at certain temperatures : i recommend reading - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Color_temperature
up to about 5000K you have the yellow/red color
4000K-10000K you have the white - white_blueish color
10000K-50000K - blueish_white color
above 50K - blue color mostly

Lightning can have temperature about 55k which is blue color, with white inside. Also can vary depending on air conditions (luminiscence - aka chemical reactions caused in air (nitrogen for example) by passing lightning)

SUPER HIGH TEMPERATURES ABOVE THAT create the invisible light - aka ultraviolet, x-rays and ULTIMATELY gamma rays

Why gamma ray burst create gamma rays and visible light? because NOT ALL energy is transformed into gamma rays, but some is transformed also into visible light.

As to what exactly is that laser canon - hard to tell, it has to be something that can be concentrated enough to form the 10000K temperature and then narowed in a beam. Aditionaly, that particle emited has to travel from the satellite to earth, in order to create a narrow beam of light (if it would not travel entire path and only emit light in one point, it would not create that beam). The particle used can be photon or any other particle from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elementary_particle that can travel in a direct path. I will leave that to your imagination. As to if there are gamma rays, yes it can be gamma ray beam, additionaly containing x-rays, ultraviolet and visible light (aka that white light). But if i am to guess a gamma ray beam like that would obliterate half the size of australia, so i really don't think, that is the case
__________________
Sometimes a thousand volts are worth a thousand words.

Last edited by zaeraal; 2011-04-30 at 06:41.
zaeraal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-30, 05:52   Link #531
Chaos2Frozen
I Am Undone
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Drangelic, or by a different name...
Age: 25
So... If you have to guess, what do you think is the most likely source given what we know? It fires a white light, can heat up target to 4000 deg C, and can cause instant cancer (I think)?

Also, do we have an illustration of the Six-wings? I can't quite picture what they meant when the two existing wings split into three separate parts each...
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-30, 05:53   Link #532
tsunade666
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my room
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaeraal View Post
But if i am to guess a gamma ray beam like that would obliterate half the size of australia, so i really don't think, that is the case
if the mad directors of academy city wants to really beat up Fiamma. Sacrificing russia isn't an issue here.
__________________

tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-30, 06:39   Link #533
zaeraal
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
So... If you have to guess, what do you think is the most likely source given what we know? It fires a white light, can heat up target to 4000 deg C, and can cause instant cancer (I think)?

Also, do we have an illustration of the Six-wings? I can't quite picture what they meant when the two existing wings split into three separate parts each...
If that is the exact describtion, then it is a FAIL at autor side. 4200K is a white light acording to some sources, so thats ok, but nothing can cause instant cancer, there were so many shows in our country about radiation and cancer in relation to Fukushima, that i am absolutely sure, instant cancer is imposible. Cancer is a disease, when a group of cells show uncontrolled growth, difference between cancer and a normal disease is that cancer is made by your own cells, while other diseases by foreign bacterias,viruses. The only thing that can beat a cancer is your own immunity system, but usualy it is unable to keep up with the cancer growth or unable to recognize the (corrupted) cancer cells from your own. When you are exposed to a lot of radiation cells become damaged, but not necesarily become cancer cells. The more radiation you are exposed, the bigger the chance, that you will have a corrupted, quickly dividing cell. But even that does not guarantee a cancer, because your immunity system still can fix it. And it is hard to say where is the limit between
damage your body can keep with - cancer - damage that kills you
(because everyone has a different body)

Radiation is divided into ionizing and non-ionizing (aka high-energy and low energy) - ionizing - x-rays and gamma rays, non ionizing - visible light, microwave, radio waves. Both can cause cancer, but ionizing radiation in low amounts, non-ionizing in high amounts (for example if you are sunbathing too much you can get skin cancer).

Normal laser like that would melt you in a matter of seconds and laser goes in a straight line, meaning the small amount of light emited to side by laser made of light would not cause harm to bystanders in form of cancer and hypotheticaly even if you are hit by it through some light absorbtion material, i dont believe you will get instantly cancer like that, you can be blinded, got severe burn injuries, but getting cancer just from that would be super bad luck. Though if it would be some sort of x-ray - laser beam then it is possible. Pure x-ray (aka nuke beam) beam like that would have much more devastating efects and laser from light is somewhat weak. It will most likely be something in between. but even so, you can maximaly get a chance to get a cancer, something like "you have a chance 1 to 150 that in 10 years you will develop a cancer" but certainly not an instant cancer. And about particles - xray-light beam can be made by photons, by increasing their frequency to a certain treshold and then concentrating them and releasing them in a beam (note here : reflecting/concentrating photons to a beam work fine with light but not with the ones capable of ionizing (x-ray)). Also it can be made by a neutron beam, however i dont know how much heat a neutron radiation causes, so i don't know about creating the white light in this case, but should be posible since neutrons can have different temperatures)
__________________
Sometimes a thousand volts are worth a thousand words.

Last edited by zaeraal; 2011-04-30 at 07:34.
zaeraal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-30, 10:18   Link #534
Chaos2Frozen
I Am Undone
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Drangelic, or by a different name...
Age: 25
The translated sentence is "white light waves have the power to destroy cell nuclei just like ultraviolet rays, so it can cause cancer quite quickly."

One more thing, it says that the area of effect can be anywhere between 5m to 3 km radius. I don't know if it's the size of the beam, or just the area it affects.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-30, 10:56   Link #535
zaeraal
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
The translated sentence is "white light waves have the power to destroy cell nuclei just like ultraviolet rays, so it can cause cancer quite quickly."

One more thing, it says that the area of effect can be anywhere between 5m to 3 km radius. I don't know if it's the size of the beam, or just the area it affects.
Then depends on "how long that area stays radioactive". If it is just a one time case, then it is a concentrated photon beam (made by either visible+x-ray spectrum, or only x-ray spectrum, which by heating the air to 4000K causes white light). If it stays radioactive for longer period, it can be the neutron beam, or if the AC has some other particle causing radiation and can be fired in a beam, it can also be it.

As for the area of effect, it probably isn' the size of the beam, but the extra radiation emited to surroundings
__________________
Sometimes a thousand volts are worth a thousand words.
zaeraal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-30, 11:20   Link #536
Cosmic Eagle
宿命に全てを奪われた少女
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: 宿命と時間の巻きに
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaeraal View Post
It seems many people doesn't know about relation between light and energy, so i am going to explain it here. First of all the FACT : and that is pure fact, not speculation nor my guess. Humans absolutely can't see anything that it's not in that range (i am not counting superhumans here) - meaning you can't see gamma rays, you can't see x-rays, you can't see ultraviolet, infrared, microwawe nor radio waves.
Put it simple - if you can't see the x-ray, no matter how much you would concentrate it, you absolutely wont be able to see it!!! That counts of course only for the energy itself, but nature has it more complex.

As mentioned above we can see the "gamma ray burst", and the reason is simple - (as far as i know) there are 3 types of "events" that create light - Incandescence, Luminescence and Radioluminescence.
Incandescence - the emission of visible light from a hot body due to its temperature
Luminescence - visible light that usually occurs at low temperatures (chemical reactions, electrical energy , subatomic motions)
Radioluminescence - in some cases, radiation causes emission of visible light upon interaction with matter

Now to your question, you asked about laser canon, that creates white light. The definition "laser canon" itsel means that it is something creating a lot of heat, so it wont be Luminescence and Radioluminescence only reacts with some types of matter (and to create enought light, it has to be a lot of that matter), so that is also a no, because i don't know any gas in air in such amount that would cause it.

So it can only be Incandescence.
Light created at certain temperatures : i recommend reading - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Color_temperature
up to about 5000K you have the yellow/red color
4000K-10000K you have the white - white_blueish color
10000K-50000K - blueish_white color
above 50K - blue color mostly

Lightning can have temperature about 55k which is blue color, with white inside. Also can vary depending on air conditions (luminiscence - aka chemical reactions caused in air (nitrogen for example) by passing lightning)

SUPER HIGH TEMPERATURES ABOVE THAT create the invisible light - aka ultraviolet, x-rays and ULTIMATELY gamma rays

Why gamma ray burst create gamma rays and visible light? because NOT ALL energy is transformed into gamma rays, but some is transformed also into visible light.

As to what exactly is that laser canon - hard to tell, it has to be something that can be concentrated enough to form the 10000K temperature and then narowed in a beam. Aditionaly, that particle emited has to travel from the satellite to earth, in order to create a narrow beam of light (if it would not travel entire path and only emit light in one point, it would not create that beam). The particle used can be photon or any other particle from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elementary_particle that can travel in a direct path. I will leave that to your imagination. As to if there are gamma rays, yes it can be gamma ray beam, additionaly containing x-rays, ultraviolet and visible light (aka that white light). But if i am to guess a gamma ray beam like that would obliterate half the size of australia, so i really don't think, that is the case
You realize white light may not mean necessarily visible light? It could be white as in invisble....so it could be anything from UV to gamma.

And the reason you can see a GRB.....is because it's radio telescopes picking them up so duh....
__________________
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-30, 12:42   Link #537
zaeraal
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
And the reason you can see a GRB.....is because it's radio telescopes picking them up so duh....
But that does not deny what i said - NOT ALL ENERGY IS TRANSFORMED INTO GAMA RAYS, its the same with sun, it also emit infrared, microwaves and radio waves, considering the minimal temperature there is 5000K. Yes the visible light in "gama ray burst" will be absolutely inferior to the gamma rays emited, but it will be enough for us to be able to see it with our eyes (before they will melt )
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
You realize white light may not mean necessarily visible light? It could be white as in invisble....so it could be anything from UV to gamma.
but even so, something that can make 4000C temperature, will cause a visible effect just by passing through air. Thats why i put different options as to what it could be - mixed x-ray+visible_light beam, x-ray beam (i denied it at first but considering the 3-5km range, it also could be this), neutron beam and so on..
__________________
Sometimes a thousand volts are worth a thousand words.
zaeraal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-12, 14:58   Link #538
Chaos2Frozen
I Am Undone
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Drangelic, or by a different name...
Age: 25
Can I ask how does Knight Leader's magic relate to different death of Stars? Cause it just comes off to me like he's showing off that they have "The Universe" on History channel in England -_-
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-12, 15:41   Link #539
Okashira
Honos628
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Chile
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Can I ask how does Knight Leader's magic relate to different death of Stars? Cause it just comes off to me like he's showing off that they have "The Universe" on History channel in England -_-
The knight leader stated that the more a star grows in if it's life time, there is an inevitable point were it won't be able to grow anymore and would inevitably "die", becoming a black hole. According to his description Black Holes are things that look extremely simple on the outside, but when it comes to analyzing the attributes and internal workings of a black hole we realize that they are quite complex.

A black hole is not "related to the star" but instead a consequence of the star's overgrowth. It should be noted that there are many ways for a star to reach the "overgrow" necessary for it's death, thus the Black Hole state can be reached by different paths...

Thus the Knight Leader claims that his swordmaship is like that; he accumulated knowledge from several sources and practices and different directions, to the point where his swordmanship grew tremendously, but when the growth passed the "maximum point" it "died" and became an incredible simple style, that even though it doesn't look like it's that great, but when it comes to it is complex and has many characteristics that encompass all of his knowledge's story.
__________________
Now sponsoring : video game analogies (ES)
Last update : Chapter 25 as of 31/08/12

Last edited by Okashira; 2011-05-12 at 19:13.
Okashira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-12, 22:16   Link #540
Chaos2Frozen
I Am Undone
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Drangelic, or by a different name...
Age: 25
Okay I get it now, but there's got to be a simpler examples than astrophysics

For one thing, a star's death is already more or less determined by it's size since birth...
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:04.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.