AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-04-19, 22:50   Link #1361
kagato3
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
So both go hand in hand then?

What about a single atom? studying chemistry I'm pretty sure it's still attracted to something of opposite charge to itself to achieve 8 electron configuration which means it has something like a magnetic field. But does it exhibit signs of voltage via orbiting electrons?
yes

see my last post

Charged particles attract each other almost identicaly as manetic fields attract each other so what you are thinking of is ionic bonding where it is electrical charge that atracks them not magnetic. There would be a voltage diffrence between the 2. but remember for a voltage diffence to happen something has to loose or gain charged particles (electrons or protons) just changeing orbitals will not change the charge of the atom.
__________________
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.

kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-19, 22:53   Link #1362
Dyingbreath
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rovert10 View Post
No atom is completely stable. Not even the noble gases.
They are the most stable of all of them though.

Spontanity of reactions is determined by measurements of free energy (G) compared to heat of reaction (H) and entropy (S).

When was Delta H of every standard element of 0. Where are you citing this?
From THE wiki:
"All elements in their standard states (oxygen gas, solid carbon in the form of graphite, etc.) have a standard enthalpy of formation of zero, as there is no change involved in their formation."
Dyingbreath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-19, 23:03   Link #1363
demino_hellsin
That one guy
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
bad examples I'd think. Oxygen gas implies O2 which is diatomic meaning it has an established bond which implies it's stable due to already being formed. Graphite is crystal lattice bond.

If an atom stands alone on its own. That is our issue now.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-19, 23:18   Link #1364
Dyingbreath
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
bad examples I'd think. Oxygen gas implies O2 which is diatomic meaning it has an established bond which implies it's stable due to already being formed. Graphite is crystal lattice bond.

If an atom stands alone on its own. That is our issue now.
That's what the wiki had...
In any case the same holds true for single atoms as well because they are in their natural state.
Dyingbreath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-19, 23:23   Link #1365
demino_hellsin
That one guy
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
umm... no. My professors said that natural state indicates most stable state. Oxygen's most stable state is when a diatomic bond is present. O2. Hence when you indicate oxygen in air, you never identify it as just O, it's always O2. When you perform stoichiometric equations with air, you treat moles of oxygen as 32kg/kmol in molecular weight opposed to 16 as indicated by the periodic table. This is because air is normally given to you in mixtures of CO2, O2, CO, N2, H2.

Given these, you divide them according to individual atoms to make things easier to calculate but that doesn't indicate that the atoms literally split into individual atoms. :/

For having diatomic molecules and crystals as examples of stable natural states, it tells us single atom isn't completely stable. Because single atoms are trying to achieve these natural stable states.

Last edited by demino_hellsin; 2013-04-19 at 23:41.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-20, 09:35   Link #1366
Dyingbreath
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
umm... no. My professors said that natural state indicates most stable state. Oxygen's most stable state is when a diatomic bond is present. O2. Hence when you indicate oxygen in air, you never identify it as just O, it's always O2. When you perform stoichiometric equations with air, you treat moles of oxygen as 32kg/kmol in molecular weight opposed to 16 as indicated by the periodic table. This is because air is normally given to you in mixtures of CO2, O2, CO, N2, H2.

Given these, you divide them according to individual atoms to make things easier to calculate but that doesn't indicate that the atoms literally split into individual atoms. :/

For having diatomic molecules and crystals as examples of stable natural states, it tells us single atom isn't completely stable. Because single atoms are trying to achieve these natural stable states.
I mentioned the diatomics up above and they are exceptions, but they are the only exceptions.
Dyingbreath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-20, 09:40   Link #1367
demino_hellsin
That one guy
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
I did point out that graphite still doesn't exist as a lone atom right?

I'm pretty sure that's interlinked carbon with crystallizing water. Or at least just pure interlinked carbon. :|
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-20, 11:56   Link #1368
Dyingbreath
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
I did point out that graphite still doesn't exist as a lone atom right?

I'm pretty sure that's interlinked carbon with crystallizing water. Or at least just pure interlinked carbon. :|
graphite is pure interlinked carbon in hexagonal patterns with "sheets" separated by weak theta electron links.
I just copy and pasted from the wiki so...
Dyingbreath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-20, 12:18   Link #1369
demino_hellsin
That one guy
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Not a lone atom then. :/
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-20, 13:30   Link #1370
Lulu Vie Britania
Genderless telepath
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Norway
Who is stronger, Accelerator with his full brain or awakened Kakine? ; Angelerator or Gabriel?
__________________
Lulu Vie Britania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-20, 13:33   Link #1371
Dyingbreath
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulu Vie Britania View Post
Who is stronger, Accelerator with his full brain or awakened Kakine? ; Angelerator or Gabriel?
Accelerator in case one and probably Gabriel in case two.
Dyingbreath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-20, 13:34   Link #1372
Haigon
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Recife
In Battle Royale Accelerator didn't nearly kill the Awakened Kakine (Aiho stopped him)?
Haigon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-20, 13:42   Link #1373
leukrota
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
If you are going to compare a full health Accelerator, it should be to Kakine's latest incarnation. In which case it would be a perpetual draw.
leukrota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-20, 13:42   Link #1374
Lulu Vie Britania
Genderless telepath
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Norway
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haigon View Post
In Battle Royale Accelerator didn't nearly kill the Awakened Kakine (Aiho stopped him)?
Was he just awakened completely after awakening of Accelerator? Or between half-awakened Kakine and fully awakened Kakine the very small difference in power?

Quote:
If you are going to compare a full health Accelerator, it should be to Kakine's latest incarnation.
I hope under the term "Kakine's latest incarnation" you mean the awakened Kakine?
__________________
Lulu Vie Britania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-20, 13:44   Link #1375
Haigon
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Recife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulu Vie Britania View Post
Was he just awakened completely after awakening of Accelerator? Or between half-awakened Kakine and fully awakened Kakine the very small difference in power?
After Accelerator awaken

Spoiler for Awakening:
Haigon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-20, 14:07   Link #1376
Lulu Vie Britania
Genderless telepath
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Norway
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haigon View Post
After Accelerator awaken

Spoiler for Awakening:
So because of this we can say that Accelerator with his full brain is stronger than full-awakened Kakine or equal to him on power, right?
__________________
Lulu Vie Britania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-20, 14:09   Link #1377
Dyingbreath
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulu Vie Britania View Post
So because of this we can say that Accelerator with his full brain is stronger than full-awakened Kakine or equal to him on power, right?
I answered how I did because Accelerator is, how would you say... haxxor. His power can't be beaten.
That being said Gabriel is a force of nature and can probably wipe Accelerator from existence if necessary so he could beat even angel-class accelerator.
Dyingbreath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-20, 20:34   Link #1378
Dyingbreath
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Could Fiamma survive ground zero of a nuclear explosion? Othinus? Ollerus? Aleister? Accelerator?
Dyingbreath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-20, 20:36   Link #1379
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The middle of the Middle of Nowhere
Age: 26
Accelerator can survive the nuclear explosion itself, but the complete lack of oxygen from it being burned up in the blast would quickly suffocate him. He comments on this in both the Railgun manga and the light novels. "I guess surviving a nuclear explosions is right out, huh?"
__________________
Rising Dragon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-20, 20:37   Link #1380
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Drangelic, or by a different name...
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyingbreath View Post
Could Fiamma survive ground zero of a nuclear explosion? Othinus? Ollerus? Aleister? Accelerator?
Anything is possible with Othinus.

Aleister would definitely survive.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
hard science, magic

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:22.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.