AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2013-08-09, 21:46   Link #1661
dniv
Nintendo Haters I'm ready

Yeah, Gunha certainly seems stronger than Mikoto... from that fight because he was only defending... Though she herself said she was holding back. Since I think that fight was fanservicey and not even written by Kamachi... we can't use that to really measure their strengths... even if it was okayed by him... I'm not sure that in a serious fight they would end up being about equal. After all, Mikoto is a lot stronger than she appears... and is mainly strong because of the wide applicability of her ability which she can use to make her stronger... in contrast... Gunha's ability seems to only mess with AIM... which while being powerful lacks applicability. I think he would win against most other level 5's, but we haven't seen enough of him fighting to know for sure except one time recently and that was comedic
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-09, 22:56   Link #1662
hamazura
Eugeo Fangay

huh? when misaka fight gunha?
Old 2013-08-09, 23:02   Link #1663
OverNOut
The Obsever

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamazura View Post
huh? when misaka fight gunha?
In Toaru Jihanki no Fanfare though both weren't being serious and it isn't written by Kamachi.
OverNOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-09, 23:06   Link #1664
Ihaxlikenoob
Nine Lives Blade Works

Narita was given the go-ahead by Kamachi. It's canon.
Ihaxlikenoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-10, 01:23   Link #1665
dniv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihaxlikenoob View Post
Narita was given the go-ahead by Kamachi. It's canon.
Ok. Though... I still wonder what Gunha's real power is... and don't tell me GUTS!!!!!!
Old 2013-08-10, 01:58   Link #1666
Bakaizer
Demon Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
Ok. Though... I still wonder what Gunha's real power is... and don't tell me GUTS!!!!!!
a superman

and yet there is till no level 5 esper with flame abilities, i was thinking the concept of internal combustion
Old 2013-08-10, 19:52   Link #1667
versionf

Quote:
Gunha's ability seems to only mess with AIM... which while being powerful lacks applicability.
That's Nayuta.
versionf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-10, 20:37   Link #1668
rladls716

Meigo Arisa, what is her powers based on?

If the question is answered is it spoiling?
rladls716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-10, 21:33   Link #1669
Ilidsor
Angelerator

^Yeah that would be a pretty huge spoiler. I haven't seen the movie yet but I understand that's the big mystery of the movie.
Old 2013-08-11, 04:24   Link #1670
dniv

Quote:
Originally Posted by versionf View Post
That's Nayuta.
I meant that AIM warps around him. It seems to bend and twist around him. I didn't mean he did it actively. Like what Haritani said (I probably spelled that wrong )

Gunha seems to somehow mess with AIM fields...
Old 2013-08-11, 11:01   Link #1671
Miraluka
18 forever

Maybe Gunha warps the AIM at his will and creates different effects trough it.
Old 2013-08-11, 15:39   Link #1672
allfictions

Quote:
Gunha seems to somehow mess with AIM fields...

You mean mess with his own, not others', right?
If so, please word it a bit better, that's the second time you confuse me
allfictions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-11, 18:43   Link #1673
dniv

Quote:
Originally Posted by allfictions View Post

You mean mess with his own, not others', right?
If so, please word it a bit better, that's the second time you confuse me
Sorry about that. I'll to use proper English in the future Anyway, I meant that Gunha's powers are hard to understand because of what happens to AIM around him when he uses them unconsciously.
Old 2013-08-11, 22:39   Link #1674
hamazura
Eugeo Fangay

Quote:
Sorry about that. I'll to use proper English in the future Anyway, I meant that Gunha's powers are hard to understand because of what happens to AIM around him when he uses them unconsciously.
remember, gunha doesnt use AIM, he use GUTS
Old 2013-08-18, 17:47   Link #1675
Darkmousy0198

How does the IB exactly work when , for example, Touma is holding espers/magicians hand? Does it completely prevent them from using abilities/spells or not?
Darkmousy0198 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-18, 18:39   Link #1676
omega253

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkmousy0198 View Post
How does the IB exactly work when , for example, Touma is holding espers/magicians hand? Does it completely prevent them from using abilities/spells or not?
Yeah, it does. When magicians and espers use their abilities, AIM/mana is being manipulated by their bodies. Touma's Imagine Breaker dispels the AIM/mana on contact. Evidence: Touma punching through Accelerator's reflection. Also, in the Railgun manga, when Mikoto grabbed Touma's right hand in the middle of a duel, she couldn't bring out her electricity to shock him.

Does that help?
omega253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-18, 19:04   Link #1677
Darkmousy0198

I remember that part with Mikoto, but i thought it didnt work because she was trying to pump electricity throught his right hand, not that she was completely powerless when holding his hand.

And well to use an example lets say: Touma is holding Accelerators right hand and Accelerator manages to touch Touma with his left hand and wants to reverse his bloodflow, would it work?
Old 2013-08-18, 20:14   Link #1678
omega253

Quote:
I remember that part with Mikoto, but i thought it didnt work because she was trying to pump electricity throught his right hand, not that she was completely powerless when holding his hand.

And well to use an example lets say: Touma is holding Accelerators right hand and Accelerator manages to touch Touma with his left hand and wants to reverse his bloodflow, would it work?
No, it would not work. Accelerator has a thin field of connected AIM covering his entire body. If Touma was making contact with Accelerator, he would nullify Accelerator's ability altogether. No reflection, no blood flow reversal, no plasma storm, nothing. Without his power, Accelerator's physical condition is somewhat abysmal, most powerful brain in Academy City or not. It's also the reason he went down in a few strikes from both Kamijou and Kihara.
Old 2013-08-18, 20:25   Link #1679
Darkmousy0198

Then shouldnt Toumas priority in a fight be to grab his opponent instead of trying to punch them in the face? Because if its like you say, then he really is op as hell, he just isnt taking advantage of it at all.
Old 2013-08-18, 21:14   Link #1680
omega253

Quote:
Then shouldnt Toumas priority in a fight be to grab his opponent instead of trying to punch them in the face? Because if its like you say, then he really is op as hell, he just isnt taking advantage of it at all.
Most of the time, Touma's enemies have powerful long range attacks that keep him from getting close enough to grab them. Besides the Imagine Breaker and Precognition, Touma just has a normal physical condition. He isn't nearly as strong or fast as some of his opponents. Example: Kanzaki Kaori, Tsuchimikado Motoharu, Acqua of the Back. Those three relied on their superb physical conditions and advanced fighting skills to completely curbstomp Touma.

Tags
hard science, magic