AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-08-09, 21:46   Link #1661
dniv
Nintendo Haters I'm ready
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: AZ
Yeah, Gunha certainly seems stronger than Mikoto... from that fight because he was only defending... Though she herself said she was holding back. Since I think that fight was fanservicey and not even written by Kamachi... we can't use that to really measure their strengths... even if it was okayed by him... I'm not sure that in a serious fight they would end up being about equal. After all, Mikoto is a lot stronger than she appears... and is mainly strong because of the wide applicability of her ability which she can use to make her stronger... in contrast... Gunha's ability seems to only mess with AIM... which while being powerful lacks applicability. I think he would win against most other level 5's, but we haven't seen enough of him fighting to know for sure except one time recently and that was comedic
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-09, 22:56   Link #1662
hamazura
Eugeo Fangay
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Inside Mugino's Pantsu *_*
huh? when misaka fight gunha?
__________________
hamazura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-09, 23:02   Link #1663
OverNOut
The Obsever
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Classified
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamazura View Post
huh? when misaka fight gunha?
In Toaru Jihanki no Fanfare though both weren't being serious and it isn't written by Kamachi.
OverNOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-09, 23:06   Link #1664
Ihaxlikenoob
Nine Lives Blade Works
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: British Columbia, Canada
Age: 20
Narita was given the go-ahead by Kamachi. It's canon.
Ihaxlikenoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-10, 01:23   Link #1665
dniv
Nintendo Haters I'm ready
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: AZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihaxlikenoob View Post
Narita was given the go-ahead by Kamachi. It's canon.
Ok. Though... I still wonder what Gunha's real power is... and don't tell me GUTS!!!!!!
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-10, 01:58   Link #1666
Bakaizer
Demon Hunter
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Ente Isla
Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
Ok. Though... I still wonder what Gunha's real power is... and don't tell me GUTS!!!!!!
a superman

and yet there is till no level 5 esper with flame abilities, i was thinking the concept of internal combustion
__________________
Friendship and Rivalry. These two have it
Bakaizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-10, 19:52   Link #1667
versionf
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
Gunha's ability seems to only mess with AIM... which while being powerful lacks applicability.
That's Nayuta.
versionf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-10, 20:37   Link #1668
rladls716
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Meigo Arisa, what is her powers based on?

If the question is answered is it spoiling?
rladls716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-10, 21:33   Link #1669
Ilidsor
Angelerator
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Canada
^Yeah that would be a pretty huge spoiler. I haven't seen the movie yet but I understand that's the big mystery of the movie.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic112299_1.gif
Ilidsor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-11, 04:24   Link #1670
dniv
Nintendo Haters I'm ready
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: AZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by versionf View Post
That's Nayuta.
I meant that AIM warps around him. It seems to bend and twist around him. I didn't mean he did it actively. Like what Haritani said (I probably spelled that wrong )

Gunha seems to somehow mess with AIM fields...
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-11, 11:01   Link #1671
Miraluka
18 forever
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 24
Maybe Gunha warps the AIM at his will and creates different effects trough it.
__________________
Love songs for the genuinely cunning.
Miraluka is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-11, 15:39   Link #1672
allfictions
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Canada
Age: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
Gunha seems to somehow mess with AIM fields...

You mean mess with his own, not others', right?
If so, please word it a bit better, that's the second time you confuse me
allfictions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-11, 18:43   Link #1673
dniv
Nintendo Haters I'm ready
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: AZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by allfictions View Post

You mean mess with his own, not others', right?
If so, please word it a bit better, that's the second time you confuse me
Sorry about that. I'll to use proper English in the future Anyway, I meant that Gunha's powers are hard to understand because of what happens to AIM around him when he uses them unconsciously.
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-11, 22:39   Link #1674
hamazura
Eugeo Fangay
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Inside Mugino's Pantsu *_*
Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
Sorry about that. I'll to use proper English in the future Anyway, I meant that Gunha's powers are hard to understand because of what happens to AIM around him when he uses them unconsciously.
remember, gunha doesnt use AIM, he use GUTS
__________________
hamazura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-18, 17:47   Link #1675
Darkmousy0198
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
How does the IB exactly work when , for example, Touma is holding espers/magicians hand? Does it completely prevent them from using abilities/spells or not?
Darkmousy0198 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-18, 18:39   Link #1676
omega253
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkmousy0198 View Post
How does the IB exactly work when , for example, Touma is holding espers/magicians hand? Does it completely prevent them from using abilities/spells or not?
Yeah, it does. When magicians and espers use their abilities, AIM/mana is being manipulated by their bodies. Touma's Imagine Breaker dispels the AIM/mana on contact. Evidence: Touma punching through Accelerator's reflection. Also, in the Railgun manga, when Mikoto grabbed Touma's right hand in the middle of a duel, she couldn't bring out her electricity to shock him.

Does that help?
omega253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-18, 19:04   Link #1677
Darkmousy0198
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
I remember that part with Mikoto, but i thought it didnt work because she was trying to pump electricity throught his right hand, not that she was completely powerless when holding his hand.

And well to use an example lets say: Touma is holding Accelerators right hand and Accelerator manages to touch Touma with his left hand and wants to reverse his bloodflow, would it work?
Darkmousy0198 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-18, 20:14   Link #1678
omega253
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkmousy0198 View Post
I remember that part with Mikoto, but i thought it didnt work because she was trying to pump electricity throught his right hand, not that she was completely powerless when holding his hand.

And well to use an example lets say: Touma is holding Accelerators right hand and Accelerator manages to touch Touma with his left hand and wants to reverse his bloodflow, would it work?
No, it would not work. Accelerator has a thin field of connected AIM covering his entire body. If Touma was making contact with Accelerator, he would nullify Accelerator's ability altogether. No reflection, no blood flow reversal, no plasma storm, nothing. Without his power, Accelerator's physical condition is somewhat abysmal, most powerful brain in Academy City or not. It's also the reason he went down in a few strikes from both Kamijou and Kihara.
omega253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-18, 20:25   Link #1679
Darkmousy0198
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Then shouldnt Toumas priority in a fight be to grab his opponent instead of trying to punch them in the face? Because if its like you say, then he really is op as hell, he just isnt taking advantage of it at all.
Darkmousy0198 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-18, 21:14   Link #1680
omega253
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkmousy0198 View Post
Then shouldnt Toumas priority in a fight be to grab his opponent instead of trying to punch them in the face? Because if its like you say, then he really is op as hell, he just isnt taking advantage of it at all.
Most of the time, Touma's enemies have powerful long range attacks that keep him from getting close enough to grab them. Besides the Imagine Breaker and Precognition, Touma just has a normal physical condition. He isn't nearly as strong or fast as some of his opponents. Example: Kanzaki Kaori, Tsuchimikado Motoharu, Acqua of the Back. Those three relied on their superb physical conditions and advanced fighting skills to completely curbstomp Touma.
omega253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
hard science, magic

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:01.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.