AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-01-17, 15:22   Link #301
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

it was pretty much less crazy but more to plot and more heart-warming episode. probably in order to balance out consider how crazy episode 1 is.
Old 2011-01-17, 15:52   Link #302
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Thoroughly enjoyed the first episode lots of comedy and i love zombies so that was a WIN from the start. Though the OP seems to suggest a darker side to this series and i would welcome that wholeheartedly. Im guessing that the main character will spend much of his time looking for his murderer and encounter monsters and other characters along the way stumbling into something that well beyond just his own demise.

Ill have to watch this one carefully but so far im very interested.
Old 2011-01-17, 15:55   Link #303
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Spoiler for ep 2:
Old 2011-01-17, 15:59   Link #304
kitten320

So far this series happpen to be my faves from all the new stuff I saw. Hope the series will keep deliver and thet we will learn something new...
Was good to see how those two met, I thought Yuu just resurected him for no reason but it looks like she met him before and got some liking into him.
Wonder who that killer is, doesn't seem like normal human.
Wonder if there is more than just being a necromancer to the fact that Yuu is so seriouse about death...

For some reason the vampire girl reminds me of Setsuna from Negima, duno why.

Also if look at the OP closely it looks like one of his classmates also is not normal and OP never specified who she is unless I missed it... is she the possible big boss?
Old 2011-01-17, 16:53   Link #305
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I enjoyed episode 2 just as much as the first. The overall tone was more serious, but there were still some nice jokes here and there.

I loved the flashbacks we were shown in this episode. Ayumu died trying to do the right thing. He should be proud of that. His first encounter with Yuu was quite... interesting
I can understand why Yuu took a liking to him. He's a total idiot, but a good one.

Sera is a pretty good addition to the harem. She's a very dignified lady, indeed. The way she treats Ayumu like crap even though she lost to him and is supposed to be his servant is quite entertaining.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
But is it normal that I find Yuu incredibly moe, just for few of her lines and punchlines?
Anyway, I didn't expect delusion yuu to be voiced differently each week, and Episode 2 is... Kanai Mika heh... Really couldn't compute that voice with Yuu's looks, especially I had Satoko all the way in my mind.
I want Nakahara and/or Tamura for the next delusions!
It'd be more worrisome if you didn't find her moe. I didn't expect her to be voiced by different seiyuu each week either (thought she was going to call him nii-nii for a moment this week ) ... this is going to be fun! Seconding Nakahara, and adding of course Hanazawa (she's a must when it comes to moe).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn Beaver View Post
Spoiler for Ep 1:
I wholeheartedly agree. He's definitely my favorite harem lead of the season (wouldn't go as far as to say my favorite male lead). It's always refreshing to see a protagonist act his age, rather than acting like a eunuch or a saint. Furthermore, he's no wimp either. In fact, he's very brave.

So~~ anyone willing to take a wild guess at what the girl in the OP is? No, I doubt she's a xxxxx.

Her hairpin vaguely looks like a shuriken so she could be another ninja. Kind of doubt it though. Let's see... we've already got a necromancer, a zombie, a vampire ninja and a magical girl. Seems like anything is possible.
Old 2011-01-17, 17:02   Link #306
Midonin
Last Engage

Considering someone says that a protagonist is "better than average" for at least one or two shows every season (and considering the number of shows that air during a season even in the winter months, that's a not insignificant amount of shows), I'm wondering if the genre as a whole tends to be underestimated in terms of characterization.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-17, 17:43   Link #307
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I wholeheartedly agree. He's definitely my favorite harem lead of the season (wouldn't go as far as to say my favorite male lead). It's always refreshing to see a protagonist act his age, rather than acting like a eunuch or a saint. Furthermore, he's no wimp either. In fact, he's very brave.

So~~ anyone willing to take a wild guess at what the girl in the OP is? No, I doubt she's a xxxxx.

Her hairpin vaguely looks like a shuriken so she could be another ninja. Kind of doubt it though. Let's see... we've already got a necromancer, a zombie, a vampire ninja and a magical girl. Seems like anything is possible.
Hmm yeah, maybe not the top male lead (although still pretty up there) but definitely for a harem lead.

And as for the girl, I'm guessing ninja as well. It fit with what Sera said about the Ninja villages war, she can be one from an opposing village and fight the group when they come to visit the villages. I agree though, seeing how diverse the party so far is, her simply being a ninja would be too average...at least there will probably 'something' ninja, like Sera is a vampire ninja.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
Considering someone says that a protagonist is "better than average" for at least one or two shows every season (and considering the number of shows that air during a season even in the winter months, that's a not insignificant amount of shows), I'm wondering if the genre as a whole tends to be underestimated in terms of characterization.
I have to admit that's the case for me, I deliberately lower my expectations when it comes to male lead of a harem variety. Really, as long as they aren't too much of an indecisive wimp then that's good enough for me. I suppose it comes from too many bad experiences with disappointing harem male leads...
Old 2011-01-17, 17:53   Link #308
Chaos2Frozen
Put it in the Database

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
As I've brought this up in the IS thread, people don't seem to realize the standard for 'average' has changed since the days of Love Hina and Evangelion... If anything, both Ayumu from this series and Ichika from IS are considered the norm now.

In order to be 'special', you got to go the extra mile.

On the topic of the episode... I'm not to hung up on Sera just yet, but Yuu is definitely skyrocketing in my books the way she stares with those big blue eyes Good on Ayumu for having taste!
Old 2011-01-17, 18:03   Link #309
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Ayumu >>> Ichika for me. He's a normal boy, and he's funny and actually kind and looks like he'll fight to protect.

Anyway, his obsession of being called "onii-chan" is amusing. He must be dying for a younger sister.
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-17, 18:37   Link #310
taelrak

The music at the intro of ep 2 was amazing!

and yes..Yuu is awesome.

Last edited by taelrak; 2011-01-17 at 18:59.
taelrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-17, 20:55   Link #311
broken270
Defying gravity

Spoiler:
broken270 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-17, 21:00   Link #312
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

What a wacky anime this is. Oh well, it's good for some lol and that's about it. What's up with Sir Dyson's fan in this show? Does Dyson sponsor this anime or what? I'm expected Ayumu to start using a Dyson Ball Cyclone Vaccum of something to clean the house later.
Old 2011-01-17, 21:50   Link #313
D-Gold
Archangelic Iron Beast

Spoiler for ep 2 fight:
Old 2011-01-17, 21:51   Link #314
Kakkou
18歳腐った(?)少年

Eu is just so adorable, I can relate to Ayumu's fantasies <3. She's even cuter than Seizon's Mafuyu <3. The flashback with her was so sweet. Definitely my favourite silent-type. Oh Eu~~~<3.

*Cough* So Ayumu had a lucky break since Magiquip Girl powers include damage control, not bad. I don't like that vampire ninja's attitude, is that how you act in someone else's house? =/ Oh and as someone who loves eating eggs, I really want to try Haruna's. They must be that good to be able to make people react like that lol.
Old 2011-01-17, 22:18   Link #315
serenade_beta
マジ天使

Spoiler for ep2:

-Tried to start a blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-17, 22:27   Link #316
Nvis
Grumpy Senior

*Views blog of new character in ep 2*

Darn, now I need to watch this show.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-17, 22:37   Link #317
ReddyRedWolf

Pieces are settling in.

1. Haruna's family it seems was murdered when she was young.

2. The Modus Operandi of the serial killer that killed Ayumu involves murdering a family. He was just a unlucky Samaritan.

3. The serial killer is a sword user like Sera. It is real blade and the serial killer has some powers.

Looking at it there might be connection.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-17, 22:37   Link #318
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Gotta admit Sera is hot, speaking from someone who normally hates huge breasts. But that attitude... well there's plenty of time for her to soften up.

Oh and I know translator don't want to be too literal sometimes but for someone dignified to use words like "piece of shit" is well... a little out of place. If it were me, I'd leave it as filthy/worthless insect/bug/worm.
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-17, 22:48   Link #319
Bonta Kun
One Punch Man!

Man rofl def the show this season with a X-factor to it, hilariously amusing and great fun.

I love this whole Ayumu wanting to be a "Onii-chan" thing, so damn funny

His break dancing that actually involves something breaking, that totally made me lol.

His wild imagination is a joy to watch.

So much fun to be had!

Now how is that for a homely situation, your immortal, you live a cute quiet lass, a cute chirpy lass and a beautiful dead sexy lass.

Oh and wth is with the animation, while not amazing it's pretty damn good, we got action scenes here that put most other purely action based anime to shame. Little to no repetition.
Old 2011-01-17, 23:00   Link #320
Himeji
Twintails are wintails!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuno View Post
I don't think he had one to begin with...
I think he did - at the very beginning in ep. 1, he introduces his friends:

Quote:
but now even his reputation in school is down the drain.
If he ever had a reputation in the first place... now he's the cross-dressing pervert for anyone. Also, take note of Madoka's smug face in the second pic

Quote:
But it's ok, he gets to stay cozy in a house with 3 beautiful ladies.
One mute tea-sipping necromancer, one ex-magical girl and one vampire-ninja. Yes, great company

Quote:
It's certainly a situation to die for, right? Right...?
Well, he did die for it already

Tags
comedy, light novel adaptation, romance, shounen