AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-02-16, 12:03   Link #1101
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsuki Hyuga View Post
Weaklings! What is just some cross-dress pantsu shots, compared to, ahem, "more scandalizing things involving muscles and leathers", good men? At least it's only... Errr... A bit of unappetizing cross-dressing!

For the record, I fangirled, fancied and totally flipping out in laughter in transformation sequences <3
I didn't expect to see you in this thread

And yeah, it could be worse. Way worse. I've already gotten used to the masou shoujo uniform and the pantyshots, althought I would be happier if Haruna replaced Ayumu as the masou shoujo of the show. Is she ever going to get her powers back?
Old 2011-02-16, 12:19   Link #1102
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
And yeah, it could be worse. Way worse. I've already gotten used to the masou shoujo uniform and the pantyshots, althought I would be happier if Haruna replaced Ayumu as the masou shoujo of the show. Is she ever going to get her powers back?
Haruna as the masou shoujo will save my eyes but Yuu transforming is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better more masou shoujo for yuu!

tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-16, 12:23   Link #1103
Haak
Forever Alone...

Quote:
Weaklings! What is just some cross-dress pantsu shots, compared to, ahem, "more scandalizing things involving muscles and leathers", good men? At least it's only... Errr... A bit of unappetizing cross-dressing!

For the record, I fangirled, fancied and totally flipping out in laughter in transformation sequences <3
I don't know if getting used to that sort of thing is a good thing or a bad thing. Regardless it's not like I find it that cringe-worthy. It's just hard to take the emotional scenes seriously when there's a guy wearing such a ridiculous outfit.
Old 2011-02-16, 12:27   Link #1104
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yusei Fudo View Post
To aru majutsu no index?

Example: The Battle nuns popping their ear drums, Touma punching female enemies
There's nothing wrong with that. In fact, it's a bit refreshing seeing guys punch out girls now.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-16, 12:50   Link #1105
Xacual
The color of a Hero

Quote:
She fully restores her body, but not her magical reserves.

Her extra lives comes from the souls of the humans she's killed. They allow her to completely disregard injuries hence why she can overcome human limits. No matter how much her body is damaged, she'll be able to recover as long as she's got lives in stock. It's an ability completely unrelated to her magical power. The ultimate proof is that she could still regenerate even after Ayumu absorbed her magical power.
Ayumu didn't absorb her power. He just broke her masou shoujo tool which forced her out of that mode. Her extra lives weren't related at all to the masou shoujo power so of course she still kept reviving.
Old 2011-02-16, 13:12   Link #1106
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

The fact that Eu was overpowered is probably due to the fact that using her powers actually hurts her, as she explained in an earlier episode. Just look at her reaction each time she told Kyouko to die. The more she did it, the more it looked as if she was in terrible pain. You could even see her (on the verge of) crying right before she found out that her actions had become useless.
Old 2011-02-16, 17:52   Link #1107
Jin Kizuite
Guns Galore!

Send a message via MSN to Jin Kizuite Send a message via Skype™ to Jin Kizuite
My, that episode sure was sexy.

Credit @ fallschirmjager
Jin Kizuite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-16, 20:04   Link #1108
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth Send a message via Skype™ to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
I think the Lord of Night wasn't totally controlling her just corrupted her. Take a look at Haruna when a bystander Zombie became collateral damage in her fight with a Megalo. Masou Shoujos aren't exactly nice.
Quote:
I was pondering the same thing. It's impossible to tell right now. He could have mind-controlled or simply corrupted her heart a bit. Or perhaps he offered her a contract.
I thought that she was just working for him, and all her actions were out of her own volition. Until the end of the episode, there was no indication (except the dark aura) to indicate that she was possessed. As for manipulated, I don't think we'll get the answer in this adaption.

My question was intended more towards the novel readers, since the storytelling in the anime is quite bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frodonk View Post
it was shown in an earlier episode that kyoko was killed in the hospital bed, with blood all over and the sword was also shown.

whatever happened to that? the next thing i remember, ayumu was already asking her for kyoto tofu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiryuu View Post
Concerning the hospital incident, I think it was her way of healing herself. By killing herself and using one of her lives, she was able to completely recover from all her injuries.
I would have gone with the regeneration theory, if not for that old lady in the same hospital.

Quote:

Quote:
I didn't expect to see you in this thread

I find masou shoujo Ayumu hilarious, I don't really get why any viewer would be fazed by his panty-shots
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-16, 23:19   Link #1109
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyuuji View Post
Nice ep!
I didn't liked yuu being knocked out by the twin tail monster, she has so much magical power, even with kyoko's maximum power at least I think yuu's barrier could have helped her, the impact weakening yuu's body would be better.
Also, the illusions of our weak hearted protagonist are the best.
I like to think of Yuu as carrying a magical nuclear powerplant with her. It would be trivial for her to remove all safety as it were, and just irradiate her enemies to death with wild magic. But there would probably be massive casualties if not totally wipe out the city. All well and good if you are some evil homicidal demon lord, but Yuu isn't like that.

(My theory is that without her armour as radiation shielding, it might be lethal just to be near Yuu; wild magic is really just the mystical version of nuclear power.)
Old 2011-02-16, 23:34   Link #1110
Himeji
Twintails are wintails!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanish View Post
Yes. Here is to hope Dai-sensei will be able to retrieve Kyouko and have her mind and body stay as one piece when she gets to re-educate her. I expect quality teamwork between two of the same kind (aka twintails).
Same here, it would really be a shame if Kyouko got wasted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahak86 View Post
Talking about de-censoring I do wish they'd remove Kyouko's cape in BDs
Now we're talking
It would be certainly nice if they did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahak86 View Post
Not really interested in the chainsaw-massacre...
Both are highly unlikely to happen, though.
maybe we can hope for some nipples exposure, especially with all this black fog at the end; but I wouldn't be so sure about that.
Not interested in any mindless violence either.
Nipples would be much appreciated, and that black fog was really, really stupid
Kyouko has a fireball in her hand, and the black fog still stays pitch dark?

Quote:
II haven't seen anyone mention this yet: was anyone else surprised to learn there are millions of magiclad girls? I expected them to be a rather small faction. Something in the hundreds, maybe thousands, but not millions.
They're probably distributed about all sorts of worlds, with our world having only very few of them (quite possibly no one except Haruna and Kyouko), and thus not being observed with much attention - other than other worlds, who have much more magical girls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
Back on-topic, to what extent did the "lord of night" influence Kyouko into becoming a serial killer, if at all
I think it was some sort of mind control. Going and killing random people certainly isn't something an ordinary magical girl would do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Take a look at Haruna when a bystander Zombie became collateral damage in her fight with a Megalo. Masou Shoujos aren't exactly nice.
Haruna *did* tell Ayumu to get out of the way. It was pretty much Ayumu's own fault for staying where he was that he was impaled by the bear megalo.
Any ordinary human would've died from being impaled like that, so no real point in still taking care there.

Quote:

True, much worse things could still happen. After we saw that Kyouko's breasts grew quite a bit from transforming, Ayumu could grow breasts as well if he keeps transforming
Old 2011-02-17, 01:03   Link #1111
Kaoru Chujo
Minase Inori

Not sure if this has been posted in the thread. A video of Nomizu Iori (Haruna) promoting the show before it started. The sign held by the person cosplaying Yuu says: "Kore wa zombie desu ka? 4649. by Yuu." I don't know what the "4649" means.
Spoiler for video:
MINASE Inori 水瀬いのり age 18. 2010 Occult Academy (Akari). 2011 Uta no Prince-sama 1000% (students). 2012 Nukko (Sumire), Symphogear (minor roles). 2013 Love Lab (Suzu), Super Seisyun Brothers (Kohara Shiyo). 2014 Robot Girls Z (Gre-chan), Nobunaga The Fool (Chibihane, Toku), Black Bullet (Mibu), Is the order a rabbit? (Chino), Sugar Soldier (Kisaragi Makoto), Gargantia OVA (Rima), Locodol (Mirai), Aldnoah.Zero (Eddelrittuo), Sora no Method (Noel).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | summer 2014 previews | summer 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: | Mahouka Koukou | Glasslip | Tokyo Ghoul | Sailor Moon Crystal | Locodol | Ao Haru Ride | Hanayamata | Aldnoah.Zero | Nozaki-kun | Magimoji Rurumo | Zankyou no Terror | Tokyo ESP | Rokujouma no Shinryakusha | Love Stage!! | Jinsei | Rail Wars | Blade Dance | Himegoto
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-17, 01:31   Link #1112
vaden
0118 999 881 999 119 7253

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Not sure if this has been posted in the thread. A video of Nomizu Iori (Haruna) promoting the show before it started. The sign held by the person cosplaying Yuu says: "Kore wa zombie desu ka? 4649. by Yuu." I don't know what the "4649" means.
It's slang for "yoroshiku" or "good to meet you".
vaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-17, 05:51   Link #1113
Seiryuu

Quote:
I haven't seen anyone mention this yet: was anyone else surprised to learn there are millions of magiclad girls? I expected them to be a rather small faction. Something in the hundreds, maybe thousands, but not millions.
Well, in ep1 Haruna did say her seat number was six hundred thirty-four million five hundred twenty-six thousand three hundred seventy-nine. I doubt their seat numbers started with six hundred thirty million.
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-17, 07:38   Link #1114
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaden View Post
It's slang for "yoroshiku" or "good to meet you".
It was kind of like the pun on the back of Teruyama Momiji's coat (Needless).
Old 2011-02-17, 09:39   Link #1115
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Ayumu didn't absorb her power. He just broke her masou shoujo tool which forced her out of that mode. Her extra lives weren't related at all to the masou shoujo power so of course she still kept reviving.
Perhaps you're right and her transformation disappeared because he broke her tool. Either way, my point was that the fact she fully restored her body didn't mean her magical reserves were restored at the same time. Therefore, it's highly likely her magical power was depleted after her confrontation with Yuu, hence why she didn't use any high level speels against Ayumu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiryuu View Post
Well, in ep1 Haruna did say her seat number was six hundred thirty-four million five hundred twenty-six thousand three hundred seventy-nine. I doubt their seat numbers started with six hundred thirty million.
I completely forgot about that. It's even worse, since it means a single class's got more than 600 millions students. Holy crap
Old 2011-02-17, 10:17   Link #1116
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

ep 7 preview

http://newtype.kadocomic.jp/zombie/2011/02/post-49.php

they now introducing 2 new character.
Old 2011-02-17, 10:22   Link #1117
Vanish

Send a message via Skype™ to Vanish
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrw View Post
ep 7 preview

http://newtype.kadocomic.jp/zombie/2011/02/post-49.php

they now introducing 2 new character.
Ooooh another yet very promising episode!

Spoiler for ep 7:

IMAGINE BREAKAAAH!
Vanish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-17, 10:41   Link #1118
Miraluka
18 forever

Spoiler for Deja vu:

Deal with it!
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-17, 11:02   Link #1119
Dahak86
Occasional Member