AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-03-26, 13:11   Link #1881
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
Comparing a spoiled brat that strives to be the centre of attention by messing everyone's life to a mature woman who tries to hide her feelings from her self quite superficially is just hilarious
Agreed. Sera's core personality is completely different from Kirino's, who is no more than a selfish egotastical brat. Another big difference is that Sera is forcing herself to act like a "bitch" (personally, I find her insults rather harmless and therefore funny, and even a little bit arousing...), whereas it comes naturally to Kirino
__________________
Mikan & Yami
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-26, 14:56   Link #1882
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Fighting against those who oppress the system
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Agreed. Sera's core personality is completely different from Kirino's, who is no more than a selfish egotastical brat. Another big difference is that Sera is forcing herself to act like a "bitch" (personally, I find her insults rather harmless and therefore funny, and even a little bit arousing...), whereas it comes naturally to Kirino
So, conclusion is....both Kirino and Sera are bitches?
__________________

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-26, 15:09   Link #1883
SilverSyko
The Anti-Otaku
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Alberta, Canada
Age: 22
Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSyko
Well Sera doesn't beat on Ayumu like Kirino did with Kyousuke. I suppose that's a little better.

Main reason I don't like her though is that's just not how you act towards your friends. If you did, you wouldn't have friends anymore.

I know I wouldn't want to be friends with someone who always called me a "piece of shit" and I'm sure not many other people would want to either.
__________________
SilverSyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-26, 15:12   Link #1884
doomknight
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyuugalegacy View Post
I thought the main prob with kirino was that she wanted main char to do so much for her without giving anything back like as was said a spoilt brat sera in my opinion I think is like the type of person who just thinks all men are beasts and disgusting and hence is acting on this.

Here is hoping that ayumu gets closer to yuki although a question that seems to take me back to my goddess lingers in my mind. "would it be her desire or obligation"? Great series I hope they make a season 2
Well i think pretty much the code excuse can be erased after episode 9, i can say that now Yuki wants to be close to Ayumu because she likes him.. hope too those 2 get closer but 2 episodes left .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Agreed. Sera's core personality is completely different from Kirino's, who is no more than a selfish egotastical brat. Another big difference is that Sera is forcing herself to act like a "bitch" (personally, I find her insults rather harmless and therefore funny, and even a little bit arousing...), whereas it comes naturally to Kirino
Nooo guys why did you have to bring that bitch of Kirino here anyways i agree with with both Malkuth and Kanon.. that Kirino is a natural bitch... now Sera forcing herself or not that doesnt take the fact that she is a bitch as well..

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
So, conclusion is....both Kirino and Sera are bitches?
Different levels and reasons but yes both are bitches...
__________________
doomknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-26, 15:15   Link #1885
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Fighting against those who oppress the system
I don't know about you, but have we really got a reason of Haruna having feelings for Ayumu? While it may appear gradual, I still couldn't piece it together. To me, she's more of the kind that just wants to monopolise Ayumu's attention.

Even in the beginning, I assumed Haruna only remembered Ayumu;s name because she saw that it was important to regain her magic back and such.
__________________

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-26, 15:23   Link #1886
Midonin
Last Engage
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
I know I wouldn't want to be friends with someone who always called me a "piece of shit" and I'm sure not many other people would want to either.
It depends on several other factors, such as the tone and the context of it. Sometimes friends can insult each other and both can take it in stride.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-26, 16:02   Link #1887
Darknemo2000
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Lithuania
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
Comparing a spoiled brat that strives to be the centre of attention by messing everyone's life to a mature woman who tries to hide her feelings from her self quite superficially is just hilarious
Much more hilarious is your ability to jump the gun without reading into the problem. No one in is comparing them head to head. But they hold the similar situation - in a sense that both show a highly unlikable portrait by the way they treat the hero (Kerino while is much more spoiled at least shows some romantic interest in hero along the lines since the beginning while Sera looks much more like lesbian rather than interested in the main hero) - and while they both warm up it cames too little too late.

Well I dont argue about the level of their bitcheness but forcing or not forcing yourself - the final outcome in both cases - they are both acting like bitches.

And while being called 'piece of shit' would not bother between friends, frankly - I find it difficult to befriend anyone who calls you a 'piece of shit'.

You have to realize that they are not friends from give a go and such kind of language is really too much.

Besides, while I dont mind using swearing and nicknames with my friends myself but if they would be insulting me all the time, always... I am not sure if I could be friends all that much with them.

Last edited by Darknemo2000; 2011-03-26 at 16:12.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-26, 16:35   Link #1888
Malkuth
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: London
Age: 34
Send a message via MSN to Malkuth Send a message via Skype™ to Malkuth
@Darknemo2000: Mate, I see your point, chill out, it's no shipping war (I hope), and from your last post, I see that you clearly see where I am getting to... we just have different preferences, end of story

@ALL: I'm pretty sure Sera would have won everyone (save for lolicons), if she was honest to herself.

As for Tomonori, dunno, I'd rather have a girl that likes me and tries to deny it (in whatever way), rather than one that doesn't, but tries to persuade everyone (including herself and me) that she does... actually, isn't this a retarded custom in undeveloped cultures called arranged marriage
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-26, 16:37   Link #1889
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
Well Sera doesn't beat on Ayumu like Kirino did with Kyousuke. I suppose that's a little better.

Main reason I don't like her though is that's just not how you act towards your friends. If you did, you wouldn't have friends anymore.

I know I wouldn't want to be friends with someone who always called me a "piece of shit" and I'm sure not many other people would want to either.
Actually, Sera did that too. In fact, if Ayumu doesn't have regenerative powers, he would have died long ago, what's with double shuriken to the eye and all that. The reason I'm more lenient on Sera than, Kirino for example, is because I brush off most of the bad things she said and did as slapstick comedy, and not taking it seriously like I did for Kirino. But yeah, I can fully understand why people would not like her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
I don't know about you, but have we really got a reason of Haruna having feelings for Ayumu? While it may appear gradual, I still couldn't piece it together. To me, she's more of the kind that just wants to monopolise Ayumu's attention.

Even in the beginning, I assumed Haruna only remembered Ayumu;s name because she saw that it was important to regain her magic back and such.
I guess it's a little bit of both, I mean if you had a crush on someone you want him/her to pay full attention to you and not someone else right? As for why she likes her, I guess we can chalk it up to your average harem MC charm...at least they lived together for quite some time, maybe Haruna grow to like Ayumu because he took care of her or something. Seriously, it's better than how most other harem MC can pick up girls out of nowhere.
__________________
Saturn Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-26, 16:58   Link #1890
doomknight
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
@Darknemo2000: Mate, I see your point, chill out, it's no shipping war (I hope), and from your last post, I see that you clearly see where I am getting to... we just have different preferences, end of story

@ALL: I'm pretty sure Sera would have won everyone (save for lolicons), if she was honest to herself.

As for Tomonori, dunno, I'd rather have a girl that likes me and tries to deny it (in whatever way), rather than one that doesn't, but tries to persuade everyone (including herself and me) that she does... actually, isn't this a retarded custom in undeveloped cultures called arranged marriage
Im not sure if Sera was honest would have won everyone... i could say she would be a good alternative though but thats just IF , her main appeal is her body... with just body u cant win....

And about your second statement thats probably because you like Tsunderes.. and i dont think Yuki is convicing herself or forcing to like Ayumu.. and after episode 9 i totally discard that.. about "forced marriage" it was due to an accident.. i dont think anyone knowing that with kiss you get married to that person would go kissing randomly -.... Ayumu was just there and well it was him who got kissed just that.. i dont think its retarded because its not like a real forced married where hey you get married to this person.. there is a difference between a kiss made a "forced married" and just a forced marriage...
__________________
doomknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-26, 17:10   Link #1891
Vanish
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Age: 22
Send a message via Skype™ to Vanish
All this talk about Sera makes me realize how popular she actually is despite the diverse opinions. That's kinda ironic.
Vanish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-26, 17:15   Link #1892
Malkuth
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: London
Age: 34
Send a message via MSN to Malkuth Send a message via Skype™ to Malkuth
@doomknight: I HATE the tsundere archtype with a passion... As for the lolis (Yuu, Tomonori, Haruna) liking/loving Ayumu, except for Yuu feeling responsible (in a similar fashion to KotN), I see no real reason why they would have fallen for him, other than convenience

Anyway, all this talk is quite pointless, since Ayumu clearly has zero sexual urges, Kyouko/Sera aside... maybe that's the reason Sera is so offensive, she wants him to pay attention to her mental, rather than her physical assets
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-26, 17:29   Link #1893
doomknight
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
@doomknight: I HATE the tsundere archtype with a passion... As for the lolis (Yuu, Tomonori, Haruna) liking/loving Ayumu, except for Yuu feeling responsible (in a similar fashion to KotN), I see no real reason why they would have fallen for him, other than convenience

Anyway, all this talk is quite pointless, since Ayumu clearly has zero sexual urges, Kyouko/Sera aside... maybe that's the reason Sera is so offensive, she wants him to pay attention to her mental, rather than her physical assets
My bad but its just that in this sentence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
I'd rather have a girl that likes me and tries to deny it (in whatever way), rather than one that doesn't
it would make it sound like you liked Tsunderes.. i misunderstood
__________________
doomknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-26, 18:40   Link #1894
Tokugashi
Masou-shouju/Zombie/Ninja
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: 3rd rock from Sol, can't miss it.
Thoughts overall on the main personalities:

Sera = I hate oversized boobs and an overly mature-like build. Second, I don't mind her personality, as I've said many times, it's for humors sake and she's also trying to hide her emotions. I didn't care at all about the "nyaa~" scene so don't go off saying that's why I'm defending her.

Ayumu = Cool guy is cool. Nuff said.

Haruna = Personal favorite! Hilarious personality, almost always hyper, very smart, child-like innocence, gotta love it!

Eu = Another character with an awesome personality, too bad it can't be shown most of the time, thought episode 4 was enough for me .


QUESTION: Is this show going to be more that one cour? If not, we are most likely going to end up with plot holes everywhere.
Tokugashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-26, 18:46   Link #1895
DmonHiro
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Romania
Age: 27
Send a message via Yahoo to DmonHiro
Another thing most people seem to forget is that Sare stepped in to protect Ayumu from Kyoko, or did you guys miss that episode? She had nothing to gain from that fight, and still....

Oh yeah... and "I believe in your strength", episode 4. Sure she came back and insulted him after...
DmonHiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-26, 19:13   Link #1896
Vanish
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Age: 22
Send a message via Skype™ to Vanish
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokugashi View Post

Haruna = Personal favorite! Hilarious personality, almost always hyper, very smart, child-like innocence, gotta love it!

Eu = Another character with an awesome personality, too bad it can't be shown most of the time, thought episode 4 was enough for me .

QUESTION: Is this show going to be more that one cour? If not, we are most likely going to end up with plot holes everywhere.
Very smart except when it comes to common sense. And I'm not sure how you could call Yuu's personality awesome when we never see it, except you mean the delusions / her suppressing herself. 12 episodes so one cour. The chances for a 2nd season aren't bad I think.
Vanish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-26, 19:14   Link #1897
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Fighting against those who oppress the system
Quote:
Originally Posted by DmonHiro View Post
Another thing most people seem to forget is that Sare stepped in to protect Ayumu from Kyoko, or did you guys miss that episode? She had nothing to gain from that fight, and still....

Oh yeah... and "I believe in your strength", episode 4. Sure she came back and insulted him after...
Um, sera went because Eu told her to.

@malkuth: Yuki is NOT a loli! Also, Yuki got over that forced marriage, she doesn't raise it up after ep 9. She actually blushes when being complimented/thanked. So, it's pretty evident that Yuki developed real feelings for Ayumu after that hug/embrace.
__________________

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-26, 22:09   Link #1898
Himeji
Twintails are wintails!
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Agreed. Sera's core personality is completely different from Kirino's, who is no more than a selfish egotastical brat. Another big difference is that Sera is forcing herself to act like a "bitch" (personally, I find her insults rather harmless and therefore funny, and even a little bit arousing...), whereas it comes naturally to Kirino
That's an, uhm, interesting comparison

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
As for Tomonori, dunno, I'd rather have a girl that likes me and tries to deny it (in whatever way), rather than one that doesn't, but tries to persuade everyone (including herself and me) that she does... actually, isn't this a retarded custom in undeveloped cultures called arranged marriage
I seriously doubt it's just obligation with Yuki, she *does* like Ayumu - if she didn't, she wouldn't have those naughty fantasies
Besides, she definitely started to like him for good after he saved her from the fire golem.
__________________
Himeji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-26, 22:18   Link #1899
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Within my mind
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
As for Tomonori, dunno, I'd rather have a girl that likes me and tries to deny it (in whatever way), rather than one that doesn't, but tries to persuade everyone (including herself and me) that she does... actually, isn't this a retarded custom in undeveloped cultures called arranged marriage
Actually, arranged marriage isn't the sort of complete disaster you think it could be. Very often people don't really know what their partners are really like until after they got married. In the end most marriages aren't going to be based on mad lust for one another, that simply can't last. It's all about how dedicated you are in compromising and making the marriage work for both sides.

Sure, the classic drama in a story is someone being forced into an arranged marriage when they already liked someone else. But the majority of the time the system do work. It's just not for everyone.
__________________
Vallen Chaos Valiant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-26, 22:21   Link #1900
Dahak86
Occasional Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Italy
ok guys, let me get this straight...

Spoiler for What the hell?!:
Dahak86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
comedy, light novel adaptation, romance, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:14.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.