AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2011-09-15, 01:16   Link #901
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE Send a message via Skype™ to SOGESNAKE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
Layton VS Ace Attorney Screens on famitsu.com and small article on andriasang.com

Wow.... didn't expect 3D models... kinda expected the classic 2D characters and everything... not that I'm complaining or anything. It looks nice~
Old 2011-09-15, 07:18   Link #902
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by papermario13689 View Post
Well, if a console's region locked anyways then imports aren't something to worry about, hmm?
I would think they are something to worry about because a region lock generally means that if you want to import you can't unless you can break it.
Old 2011-09-15, 12:30   Link #903
Hiroi Sekai
Minna no ojou-sama~♥
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Skype™ to Hiroi Sekai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoit View Post
I would think they are something to worry about because a region lock generally means that if you want to import you can't unless you can break it.
Ah sorry, should've specified better. If a handheld is region locked, I won't even bother with its import games. It's kinda how I'm chugging along with my XBOX 360 and the reason I bought a PS3 a year after.
Old 2011-09-15, 16:12   Link #904
serenade_beta
マジ天使

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoit View Post
Conclusion: Buy a system from that region

-Tried to start a blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-16, 02:28   Link #905
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOGESNAKE View Post
Wow.... didn't expect 3D models... kinda expected the classic 2D characters and everything... not that I'm complaining or anything. It looks nice~
Pretty sure that 2D graphics will look like weird in the 3D mode. Probably also reason why Gyokugen Dasshutsu Adv: Zennin Shiboudes is in 3D.

Layton VS Ace Attorney News
Cast revealed for Layton VS Ace Attorney, read more on andriasang.com
Basically they are keeping the voice actors form the movies. Didn't knew that a Ace Attorney movie was on its way.
More news on Layton vs Ace Attorney, read more on andriasang.com
Looks like some people will get their hand on a demo version during this year's Level-5 event later this year.

3DS Slider news
destructoid's hand on the slider add-on, with capcom booth lady ^^
kotoku's take on the 3DS attachment, with another cute lady

Last edited by Sides; 2011-09-16 at 15:22.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-16, 20:22   Link #906
Sciel
Etoilé

First flashcart for the 3ds just surfaced today apparently. I wouldn't normally condone this but all i can say is FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU for region locking nintendo .
Sciel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-16, 23:08   Link #907
CrowKenobi

Looks like we'll be getting a firmware update pretty soon!

CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-16, 23:12   Link #908
Hiroi Sekai
Minna no ojou-sama~♥
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
Looks like we'll be getting a firmware update pretty soon!
Oh wow, actually?:O Anything worth noting included?
Old 2011-09-16, 23:29   Link #909
CrowKenobi

You're taking me way to seriously!

I was actually ribbing at the previous post about the 3DS flashcart that has apparently surfaced.

CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-16, 23:36   Link #910
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
You're taking me way to seriously!

I was actually ribbing at the previous post about the 3DS flashcart that has apparently surfaced.
Honestly, a new firmware was my first thought as well. I don't see Nintendo letting this one slide, since DS flashcards are kind of what made the PSP king in Japan.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-16, 23:50   Link #911
Hiroi Sekai
Minna no ojou-sama~♥
*Graphic Designer

Oh, the satire! I've been tricked! Looks like I didn't think it through. XD
Old 2011-09-16, 23:52   Link #912
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Honestly, a new firmware was my first thought as well. I don't see Nintendo letting this one slide, since DS flashcards are kind of what made the PSP king in Japan.
No, PSP had an equal stint due to piracy. Monster Hunter made the PSP king in Japan.
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-17, 00:07   Link #913
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurosu View Post
No, PSP had an equal stint due to piracy. Monster Hunter made the PSP king in Japan.
Well, that kept it from dying outright at the beginning when piracy hit. But the rampant and blatant piracy on the DS (which was stronger in Japan than elsewhere, whereas the piracy on the PSP is seemingly stronger elsewhere than Japan) is what ended up pushing so many publishers to the PSP by the end of the cycle.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-17, 00:27   Link #914
TJR

My understanding is that the DS declined because of the waning interest of casual gamers. The same thing happened on the Wii, which is why Nintendo has gone the extra mile to reclaim hardcore fans.

OTOH, the PSP hung on because there were more players who bought games year after year.
TJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-17, 01:01   Link #915
Sciel
Etoilé

IIRC don't some games require firmware updates before you can play anyways (Zelda OOT 3D?) .

Anyways, don't get me wrong. 3DS flashcarts would definitely hurt the console and i'm not condoning it or anything (i know quite a few people who refuse to buy a console where you cant download the games for free ).

I just feel the region-lock is a big FU to consumers.

IE :
I have a NTSC-J 360 and wanted to import deathsmiles for the 360 recently. Saw that amazon and amazon UK have copies for cheap...then find out both are region locked to their respective regions. I am stuck with the asian/japanese version which are both in japanese .

Its the reason i don't own one yet. This is also supported by NOA bring downright against localizing any of the games i would want to play. (See Xenoblade , Last Story & Pandora's Tower for the Wii)
Sciel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-17, 04:19   Link #916
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sciel View Post
First flashcart for the 3ds just surfaced today apparently. I wouldn't normally condone this but all i can say is FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU for region locking nintendo .
First of all the 3DS is not hacked in anyway. Second the flash card only allows you to play dump roms, meaning you will not be able to run different flagged region ID, on the region locked OS. Think of it as what happened to the 360, with DVD drive hack and Wii drive hack and not like what happened to the PSP, NDS and Wii homebrew. So this device only enables piracy, not homebrew or region free for the machine. If you want region free for it, either wait for hacker to find en exploit on the system or lobby against nintendo.
What i find surprising is, that region locking on the 3DS was introduced because of demand by publishers, but apparently the same publishers are ok that the PSV isn't region locked. Maybe reason why PSV has not got a Monster Hunter title announced yet.
Old 2011-09-17, 11:15   Link #917
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

I read an article explaining why the golden age of JRPGs is over a couple days ago. It mentions DS piracy being much stronger than PSP piracy in Japan, which is why the PSP was pushed by retailers. Elsewhere in the world PSP piracy was as strong as DS piracy.
Old 2011-09-17, 14:39   Link #918
serenade_beta
マジ天使

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sciel View Post
Ah~ I think I saw that news from the entire Hachima 3 Crimes incident yesterday.
By the way, it seems that the entire thing was actually a lie.

-Tried to start a blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-18, 04:31   Link #919
Sides

Dragon Quest Monsters remade for 3DS, source Square-Enix (japanese) or summarised in english on andriasang.com
Basically it is the first monster title (gameboy) redone on the 3DS.
Old 2011-09-18, 04:42   Link #920
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
Dragon Quest Monsters remade for 3DS, source Square-Enix (japanese) or summarised in english on andriasang.com
Basically it is the first monster title (gameboy) redone on the 3DS.
Funny how i spotted your post, just as i was checking out this tweet.

I'm all for this game. Hoping for a future UK release.

Tags
3ds, dsi, nintendo, nintendo 3ds, nintendo ds