AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-08-26, 04:48   Link #21
Moci
just an ordinary alien...

Send a message via MSN to Moci
Yeah, this is a new trailer, but i saw a lot of screens from the first movie.
I think this series will be a light romantic-comedy with some fight. But i hope there'll be a good story, not just interesting characters and eyecandy.
I read the first chapter of the manga, but yeah, it's just the first chapter. It's really bad, that the manga didn't translated to english.
Old 2010-08-28, 11:08   Link #22
Midonin
Last Engage

Looks like the show is taking an Asobi ni Iku yo! approach towards its ED themes. Almost exactly. By which I mean an OP by Sphere and three rotating EDs by the primary cast, though in this case it's duets (and one trio) instead of single characters.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-28, 17:11   Link #23
Tworble

People keep saying this is a bl, even though i have yet to see proof one way or another. I don't get the feeling there are traps in this one though. (I wish)
Tworble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-28, 21:10   Link #24
Kaoru Chujo
Minase Inori

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
I think this is a new trailer, still not sure if I want to see this one. On the one hand, it does have some pretty looking art and spirits in it, on the other hand I really prefer plot over eye candy these days, does anyone know more about the story than the blurb in the first post?
I read the Japanese Wikipedia page, which describes the set-up but doesn't go much further. It's an alternative 19th century in which Japan is shared between humans and youkai. The humans decide to move from the old lunar calendar (by moon phases) to the Western-style solar calendar. The youkai object strongly. So a special group of male human officers is set up to mediate with the youkai, and the youkai send a group of half-human, half-youkai women as their representatives to this new "Youkai Office."

Nakahara Mai plays the grand, strong, mysterious, combative main youkai. Sakurai Takahiro plays the serious, pleasant main guy.

The second couple is a timid youkai played by Hanazawa Kana, and a big, scary but actually solicitous and nice officer played by Hino Satoshi.

The third "couple" consists of twin youkai played by Toyosaki Aki (elder) and Horie Yui (younger), and the youngest officer, a cheeky guy played by Kaji Yuuki, who comes to love the two and is given lots of occasions for skinship.

I still can't quite tell what kind of show this is, but I have some confidence in the staff. Writer Okada Mari did true tears, Sketchbook, Kodomo no Jikan, Vampire Knight, and Kuroshitsuji, as well as numerous episodes of Simoun. Director Kon Chiaki did Higurashi and Nodame Cantabile Paris and Finale.

I don't see any mention of anything like BL. but I suppose there could be little hints in the camp life of the officers. Or something else not yet mentioned.
MINASE Inori 水瀬いのり age 18. 2010 Occult Academy (Akari). 2011 Uta no Prince-sama 1000% (students). 2012 Nukko (Sumire), Symphogear (minor roles). 2013 Love Lab (Suzu), Super Seisyun Brothers (Kohara Shiyo). 2014 Robot Girls Z (Gre-chan), Nobunaga The Fool (Chibihane, Toku), Black Bullet (Mibu), Is the order a rabbit? (Chino), Sugar Soldier (Kisaragi Makoto), Gargantia OVA (Rima), Locodol (Mirai), Aldnoah.Zero (Eddelrittuo), Sora no Method (Noel).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | summer 2014 previews | summer 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: | Mahouka Koukou | Glasslip | Tokyo Ghoul | Sailor Moon Crystal | Locodol | Ao Haru Ride | Hanayamata | Aldnoah.Zero | Nozaki-kun | Magimoji Rurumo | Zankyou no Terror | Tokyo ESP | Rokujouma no Shinryakusha | Love Stage!! | Jinsei | Rail Wars | Blade Dance | Himegoto
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-29, 00:51   Link #25
saya_leviathan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tworble View Post
People keep saying this is a bl, even though i have yet to see proof one way or another. I don't get the feeling there are traps in this one though. (I wish)
The mangaka, Lily Hoshino, happens to make yaoi manga. Here's an example of her work. She also makes shoujo manga. This series is also an example.
saya_leviathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-29, 01:53   Link #26
Moci
just an ordinary alien...

Send a message via MSN to Moci
BL? Traps? Oh my...
I hope it's not true, especially the trap. But Zakuro is a girl (i want to believe it), so...
Old 2010-09-15, 20:10   Link #27
Metis
Combat Android

I'm confused about this series, its supposed to be from a seinen manga but the pictures and trailer look very, well, un-seinen.
Metis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-16, 10:04   Link #28
Bonta Kun
One Punch Man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metis View Post
I'm confused about this series, its supposed to be from a seinen manga but the pictures and trailer look very, well, un-seinen.
Seinen is a genre, a demographic, not a art style.

Being seinen doesn't mean it should look like it's something only a adult would find appealing. Adults can also like the quirky or even somewhat childish art style in some stuff.
Old 2010-09-16, 11:12   Link #29
Metis
Combat Android

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
Seinen is a genre, a demographic, not a art style.

Being seinen doesn't mean it should look like it's something only a adult would find appealing. Adults can also like the quirky or even somewhat childish art style in some stuff.
I was a bit vague there, I didn't intend to imply it looked childish or anything. What I meant was that I was surprised the animation looked fairly shoujo-style, and the trailer almost makes it seem like reverse-harem, which is not what I expected from the short synopsis of the series (the cover of the first manga volume especially looks very similar to Shana).
Metis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-20, 13:48   Link #30
Kunagisa
赤緑黒白

Op sounds very nice, me want.

Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-20, 15:45   Link #31
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

^Wow, now that's a song. I think i need to hear more from them.
Old 2010-09-20, 16:46   Link #32
Milfeulle9001

I'm only watching this for the youkai tbh.

Hoping for some great historic Japan.
Milfeulle9001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-21, 15:02   Link #33
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moci View Post
BL? Traps? Oh my...
I hope it's not true, especially the trap. But Zakuro is a girl (i want to believe it), so...
People are only saying it's BL because the mangaka happens to have drawn BL before. And with a title like Otome Youkai Zakuro, there is no chance Zakuro is a trap.

For some reason, I didn't even notice this show's existence until now. A fantastic voice cast and Chiaki Kon as the director... I shall be watching this. Glad I'll be able to hear the excellent Mai Nakahara in a lead role again.
Old 2010-09-26, 09:41   Link #34
Katapan
俺様祭り

(From the Niconico preview screening of episode 1.)

Maybe I'm biased because I've been looping MOON SIGNAL for a few weeks, but damn, this is one hell of a way to get me excited for the anime. Note that it also follows the "directed by Chiaki Kon = must have flowers in the OP" rule. ;p
Old 2010-09-26, 09:55   Link #35
inkphoenix
++ The FABULOUS ++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katapan View Post

(From the Niconico preview screening of episode 1.)

Maybe I'm biased because I've been looping MOON SIGNAL for a few weeks, but damn, this is one hell of a way to get me excited for the anime. Note that it also follows the "directed by Chiaki Kon = must have flowers in the OP" rule. ;p
OH MY GODDDD.
It looks totally awesome. The shoujo feeling in the PV is totally gone now.
It is one of my top must watchlist in this fall. (I really like concept of this show.)
and this op make me excited in it more!

Can't wait for next week. Hope the full ep make me enjoying like this.
inkphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-26, 23:50   Link #36
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

This is on my "probationary" list. Like many here... just not entirely sure about it so the usual "3 episodes" test will commence.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-27, 00:48   Link #37
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

Great OP there... easily the OP alone attracted my attention to watch this. Now if only the storyline can match the OP's beat well.
*Putting Moon Signal into my must-get-Fall's-OP list*
Old 2010-09-27, 12:45   Link #38
Woland
Latin Rascal

I Have no real hope for this one (especially because of Chiaki Kon ), but it's been a while since I admired Hasegawa at work, and the charades look really nice.
Old 2010-09-30, 15:17   Link #39
LKK

Crunchyroll just announced that they will be simulcasting this series. [Source]

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
My manga list | My anime DVD list
LKK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-30, 18:46   Link #40
Midonin
Last Engage

That subscription is certainly getting its money's worth this season.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, seinen