AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-10-05, 13:44   Link #61
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens

This was fantastic and I loved every second of it, which is rare for a show like this.
Old 2010-10-05, 16:06   Link #62
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Bun bun seriously needs to check this show out . I'm sure LKK would agree with me.

Great first episode, i must say. There was just a load of fun air about it which made it such an enjoyable watch, so as long as that carries on, together with the solid character interaction, then this show should be quite the gem of the series.

Pretty awesome how it's basically a mix between Ouran High School Host Club and Sakura Taisen. It's just needing the steampunk mechs, that's all. :3

Also this show is totally worth watch for Nakahara Mai alone. Zakuro is easily my favorite here, though the twins are very close behind.

Looking forward to more. Especially when the plot kicks in.
Old 2010-10-05, 16:53   Link #63
HandofFate

At first, wasn't really into it when I watched it, but after rewatching it a bit. I think its a title that could grow on me.

Mainly because I get a Sakura Wars vibe from it, and that little show/chanting thing they do when fighting the monster is rather pretty and hypnotizing.
Old 2010-10-05, 19:18   Link #64
Midonin
Last Engage

A guy comes into contact with a standoffish girl and, for reasons that are part of who he is but will later work to overcome, has a hard time looking at her. Nonetheless, he tries to appear cool. The girl calls him "useless". In the first encounter with something dangerous, the girl is shown to be the more capable fighter.

Now, riddle me this.

Why is it that impressions of Kei seem to be overall more positive than they were for Ryoshi within the first few days of their respective series?
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-05, 20:29   Link #65
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth Send a message via Skype™ to Malkuth
First episode was less shoujo then I expected.

By the way, did anyone catch the interview/presentation with the VAs after squid-girl (airs back-to-back with Zakuro) at TV Tokyo? I only saw the last minute or so ... Did they give any hint about character development, especially for the secondary characters, which I find more interesting
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-05, 20:50   Link #66
serenade_beta
マジ天使

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
Not any more. The policy changed with the summer (??) season. All shows move to current after they've aired regardless if they've been subbed yet or not. The real answer is that the mods haven't gotten around to moving it yet. That's all.
Really? I never heard about that policy change...
Hmm...?
Anyways, it has been moved now, so I guess the moderators just didn't get to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Crunchyroll~
Ahh~
That's true (...I guess.
To be honest, I don't really know the rules and stuff involving it, since I don't bother with that site at all)

-Tried to start a blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-05, 21:26   Link #67
Kaoru Chujo
Kuno Misaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
A guy comes into contact with a standoffish girl and, for reasons that are part of who he is but will later work to overcome, has a hard time looking at her. Nonetheless, he tries to appear cool. The girl calls him "useless". In the first encounter with something dangerous, the girl is shown to be the more capable fighter.

Now, riddle me this. Why is it that impressions of Kei seem to be overall more positive than they were for Ryoshi within the first few days of their respective series?
Totally different characters. This guy is presented as basically a capable military guy, with this one problem. That guy was presented as a shivering freak with one ability. Lots of little hints to lead us to respect this guy more: character design, voice, roses... (lol) Moreover, we are introduced to this guy directly right away, he doesn't sort of sidle into the scene later, so he is set up as a main character from the start. And this guy didn't just sneak a shot at the monster, he raced up and rescued the little pumpkins, putting himself in immediate danger. And this girl is not just human, she is literally a monster. Even though that girl was more of a monster, but that's another story.

Your question is a great way of showing how different two things can be that can also be described in such similar terms.
Kuno Misaki 久野美咲 age 21. 2009 - King of Thorn (Alie). 2010 - Oreimo (Bridget). 2012 - Black Rock Shooter (Hiro). 2013 - Problem children (Melln). Ro-Kyu-Bu! SS (Mimi), Log Horizon (Serara), Galilei Donna (Grande Rosso). 2014 - Noragami (Keiichi), Escha and Logy (Kuu), Zvezda Plot (Hoshimiya Kate/Venera-sama), Wixoss (Tama), Mahouka Koukou (Kasuga Nanami), Flag o Oraretara (Kurumiko), Nanana (Saki), Seven Deadly Sins (Hawk).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | autumn 2014 previews | autumn 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: Sailor Moon Crystal | Akatsuki no Yona | Amagi Brilliant Park | Coffin-Princess Chaika | Cross Ange | Daitoshokan no Hitsujikai | Danna ga Nani ga Itteru | Denkigai no Honya-san | Donten ni Warau | Fate/Stay Night UBW | Le Fruit de la Grisaia | Gugure! Kokkuri-san | Inou Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de | Madan no Ou to Vanadis | Orenchi no Furo Jijou | Seven Deadly Sins | Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso | Shirobako | Sora no Method | Tribe Cool Crew | Trinity Seven | Ushinawareta Mirai o Motomete | Wixoss
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-06, 07:21   Link #68
White Manju Bun
Going to supermarket
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
But I thought I'd give the show a try because of Takahiro Sakurai. (Okay, I admit that's a shallow reason, but it's the truth. )
Im so happy with this statement!!!

Yes yes I got the message Im here and very surprised with this as well. Will continue to watch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth
First episode was less shoujo then I expected.
Maybe thats cuz its seinen?? but ya I know what you mean, based on the images I saw Id never guess this wasnt shoujo XD
- 11th Doctor.

"I am the bone of my sword."
-Archer
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-06, 07:22   Link #69
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

^I feel better now knowing you've seen the first episode.
Old 2010-10-06, 07:25   Link #70
White Manju Bun
Going to supermarket
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
^I feel better now knowing you've seen the first episode.
You know me, anything with TakaSaku Ill atleast try and when the roses appeared it was like my Tamaki was being voiced by my fave male seiyuu...I about fell outta my chair Oh and Yuuki Kaji, um yes please
- 11th Doctor.

-Archer
Old 2010-10-06, 08:38   Link #71
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

How do you define the "less shoujo" anyway? As in the character design? Or the typical lovey-dovey pairing like in other romance shoujo?

I don't know if i can tell an anime is shoujo or not, unless if i know the source they took it from.
Old 2010-10-06, 11:16   Link #72
Wrath88
Kissing...

Better than i expected, to be honest. I kind of liked how they interacted with each other.
Old 2010-10-06, 11:37   Link #73
Joe4evr
(Ex-)Seitenkan VN coder

Location: Slightly south-west of the exact center of this country's X and Y axes.
Seen the first ep, and I simply loved it.

Also, I looked a bit into the cast and saw that Kei is Guiche (from Zero no Tsukaima) only older.

↑Click for MAL.↑
Joe4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-06, 11:39   Link #74
White Manju Bun
Going to supermarket
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe4evr View Post

Also, I looked a bit into the cast and saw that Kei is Guiche (from Zero no Tsukaima) only older.
Lol he is! Didnt put that connection together (aside from seiyuu) but yeah Kei is like a cross btwn Guiche and Tamaki
- 11th Doctor.

-Archer
Old 2010-10-06, 12:02   Link #75
klare

this show is so not serious

the shoujo-style pretty boy, talking animal, the instant pairings (oh that kid get 2 girls...)

for a sec, i thought Zakuro gonna do a cloth transformation...
klare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-06, 18:17   Link #76
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

it was better than i expected, i like zakuro
ars89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-06, 22:27   Link #77
KrimzonStriker

I read the manga prior to watching this so I already knew that I'd like it right away, a fun way to spend your afternoon watching, relaxing while also having enough intrigue to keep it interesting, all around a solid series that takes the classic shoujo approach but is clever enough to add a little more spice into the mix to keep things interesting.
Old 2010-10-07, 09:58   Link #78
PreSage
Ah nuts!

Okay, a certain sly Bun sneaked a "I found a new bishie!" attack on me and, of course, I fell for the whole package - hook, line and sinker. But I'm glad I did - watched the first episode and had Ouran deja vu with Agemaki. So love the guy - his reactions made me fell out of my chair laughing. I really enjoyed the first episode, mostly because of Agemaki and his scaredy-cat antics - don't think I would have liked this show if it wasn't for him - looking forward to more.

I also kind of like that little chant/song they sing before Zakuro's attack.
---------------
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-07, 11:43   Link #79
Kaoru Chujo
Kuno Misaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreSage View Post
...I also kind of like that little chant/song they sing before Zakuro's attack.
I love that incantation. Does anyone know who's singing? I can't find anything in the on-screen credits.
Kuno Misaki 久野美咲 age 21. 2009 - King of Thorn (Alie). 2010 - Oreimo (Bridget). 2012 - Black Rock Shooter (Hiro). 2013 - Problem children (Melln). Ro-Kyu-Bu! SS (Mimi), Log Horizon (Serara), Galilei Donna (Grande Rosso). 2014 - Noragami (Keiichi), Escha and Logy (Kuu), Zvezda Plot (Hoshimiya Kate/Venera-sama), Wixoss (Tama), Mahouka Koukou (Kasuga Nanami), Flag o Oraretara (Kurumiko), Nanana (Saki), Seven Deadly Sins (Hawk).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | autumn 2014 previews | autumn 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: Sailor Moon Crystal | Akatsuki no Yona | Amagi Brilliant Park | Coffin-Princess Chaika | Cross Ange | Daitoshokan no Hitsujikai | Danna ga Nani ga Itteru | Denkigai no Honya-san | Donten ni Warau | Fate/Stay Night UBW | Le Fruit de la Grisaia | Gugure! Kokkuri-san | Inou Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de | Madan no Ou to Vanadis | Orenchi no Furo Jijou | Seven Deadly Sins | Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso | Shirobako | Sora no Method | Tribe Cool Crew | Trinity Seven | Ushinawareta Mirai o Motomete | Wixoss
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-07, 12:15   Link #80
Lilith
Your average fangirl

"Hoshino Lily"?? The one who draws Yaoi and shota?! I'll check this.

Tags
fantasy, seinen