AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-10-07, 19:12   Link #81
kyouray
2D > 3D

I didn't know what to expect since I didn't really search info about it and this episode was pleasant.
Characters move well and are pretty enjoyable.
And as many said here Zakuro's lovely

I can't resist to these eyes, lips and this smile
Old 2010-10-08, 14:00   Link #82
KrimzonStriker

Here's a good review I just found, making note of something most seemed to have overlooked, which was how much of a transition it was for Japanese Society during the Meiji Era and the inevitable culture clashes. It helped add a surprising amount of depth to the series for me, and I'm looking forward to any type of follow-up on how they'll manage this tension between the new and old worlds. Here's the link for any of those curious enough to read it.
Old 2010-10-09, 01:01   Link #83
Kelis

Thanks for posting that link, KrimzonStriker. Now that you mention it, I do seem to recall Zakuro making some comments that pointed out the difference in culture. I'm glad it was expanded on. I will definitely keep my eye on this too.
Kelis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-11, 13:27   Link #84
Midonin
Last Engage

Spoiler for HRSG 02 - What Can Hold a Candle to Zakuro:
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-11, 14:24   Link #85
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
hum i dont have really much to say about the series. I was unfamiliar with it in the first place but i loved the art style from what i saw so i checked it out. Looks like a fun romance/comedy. I was neither disappointed nor impressed but its very watchable. I believe what i loved most was how the characters flowed with the backround scenery and Zakuro eyes were gorgeous.
Old 2010-10-11, 15:11   Link #86
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
Spoiler for HRSG 02 - What Can Hold a Candle to Zakuro:
Spoiler for Ep2:
Old 2010-10-11, 15:23   Link #87
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Finally checked out the first episode and it's rather cute so I think I'll be continuing it. Not as fluffy as I expected (I really had no hopes for the series) but still some nice light fare to balance out all the more serious stuff I'm watching.
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-11, 15:43   Link #88
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I loved episode 2. This anime has successfully bewitched me.

Spoiler for episode 2:
Old 2010-10-11, 15:57   Link #89
KariOhki

Spoiler for episode 2:
Meidoshow: Maidklutz, Meirdio, Morooka, Seiba, Glassesmeido
KariOhki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-11, 15:58   Link #90
ninja_pintu

Enjoyed second episode. And I really liked the conclusion of the hotel problem. Wasn't predicting that
Old 2010-10-11, 16:13   Link #91
HandofFate

enjoyable 2nd episode.
more culture clashes with the milk again, and Agemaki not sure about what Zakuro eats.
I wonder what Zakuro drank at the end in that bottle..
Old 2010-10-11, 16:56   Link #92
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

Spoiler for Episode 2 of Sakura Shinguji's twin sister Zakuro:
Old 2010-10-11, 18:35   Link #93
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

i like how they showed that zakuro has a dark past or maybe not from the dream sequence?, didn't really know what to make of that, agemaki just keeps screwing up, i found it funny that zakuro likes hanadate
ars89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-11, 22:07   Link #94
Cyz
"Show it to me"

The twins' flirting is really amusing. Oh, and kudos to Ganryuu for a job well done of distinguishing which one is which. I mean, it was obvious to us that even if they were look alike, they sounded different. Still, their relationship is improving in a high speed. Hm, if Ganryuu ended marrying, I wonder if he will get both of them? Could be huh?

--> I sense a rival for Zakuro's heart
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-11, 23:19   Link #95
Kaoru Chujo
Uchida Maaya

Still bewitched am I. Not sure why. I typically hate "monster of the week." But the characters are all interesting, from the fox lady to the big soldier, and especially Zakuro. I even loved her little joke at the blonde guy's expense at the end. You just get a feeling that she's nice and fresh and real beneath it all. Magical show.

And I could listen to their incantation forever. I guess it is the seiyuus doing it, but I still haven't seen a real credit.
Uchida Maaya 内田真礼 2010 (3 roles). 2011 (7 roles) Mari (Yuruyuri), Alluka Zoldyk (HxH). 2012 (19 roles) Izumi (Space Pirates), Sanka Rea, Aoi (Akibaranger),Yuu (NakaImo), Rikka (Chuunibyou); 2013 (17) Mii (Ai Mai Mii), Mao (GJ Club), Rei (Vividred), Wakana (Pretty Rhythm Rainbow Live), Hajime (Gatchaman), Koganuma (Outbreak Co.). 2014 (26) Futaba (Aoha Ride), Hiyori (Noragami), Sharo (Did You Order Rabbit?), Haruka (Rail Wars). 2015 (15) Ranko (Idolm@ster Cinderella), Haruka (World Break), Ririruka Ahde (Dungeon), Miyabi (Yamada-kun Witches).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | spring 2015 anime schedule - previews
character/seiyuu pages: Hibike! Euphonium

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2010-10-11 at 23:39.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-12, 00:02   Link #96
White Manju Bun
Dancin' fools
*Author

The chibi vers of the shadow was so cute :3 Oh Hanadate~~~ Your eyes are just....mmmm. Agemaki was once again adorable, I thought it was hilarious that the monster would scare him, he'd scream scaring the monster and then repeat XD

I like how this series touches on discrimination. How the yokai are looked down upon even though theyre helping humans in most cases, theyre different and therefore scary or below humans. Zakuro's speech about westernization was great but sadly looked over by the onlooker humans since she's "one of them". Thankfully Hanadate saves the day.
- 11th Doctor.

"I am the bone of my sword."
-Archer
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-12, 00:03   Link #97
Hedd
Random Object

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyz View Post
The twins' flirting is really amusing. Oh, and kudos to Ganryuu for a job well done of distinguishing which one is which. I mean, it was obvious to us that even if they were look alike, they sounded different. Still, their relationship is improving in a high speed. Hm, if Ganryuu ended marrying, I wonder if he will get both of them? Could be huh?
Time for the endless fox twins swap avatar.
Old 2010-10-12, 00:07   Link #98
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth Send a message via Skype™ to Malkuth
Nice second episode, the whole theme of westernization/modernization vs tradition was played quite well and is fairly interesting given how xenophobic societies are becoming now-a-days.

I also wonder if that deus ex machina lieutenant will be the (or an) antagonist, both for Zakuro's affection and in general.
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-12, 07:33   Link #99
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I can't wait for the full version of the "chant" (if there is one) to be released. This song is so mesmerizing and relaxing.
It'll be on the soundtrack, i'm sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Still bewitched am I. Not sure why. I typically hate "monster of the week."
I'd hardly say this show uses the monster of the week formula. It's just your typical anime episodic build up, with character development.
Old 2010-10-12, 08:01   Link #100
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
By the way, did anyone catch the interview/presentation with the VAs after squid-girl (airs back-to-back with Zakuro) at TV Tokyo? I only saw the last minute or so ... Did they give any hint about character development, especially for the secondary characters, which I find more interesting
Do you mean this "live presentation" (nico link) with Nakahara Mai and Okamoto Nobuhiko?
edit: Or not...this seems to have been filmed/broadcast a week before the show started...

And being a week behind most people is kinda tough...(but...ganbarimasu!)

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.
- Patrick Stokes

Last edited by karice67; 2010-10-12 at 13:46.
karice67 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, seinen