AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-12-25, 13:39   Link #761
CrowKenobi

EDIT:

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2010-12-25 at 19:13.
CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-25, 20:14   Link #762
Ravenblitz
|・ω・`)

Send a message via MSN to Ravenblitz
Spoiler for megami scan:
Old 2010-12-26, 01:27   Link #763
klare

so eps 12 is the end

overall this is the funniest series of the season, and i would say together with Shiki, the most entertaining one as well

a 2nd season can be expected
klare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-26, 05:21   Link #764
ninryu
It's yuri, bitches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblitz View Post
Spoiler for megami scan:
CUUUTE! ><

well, it ended. was surprisly good and funny. I demand second season!
Old 2010-12-26, 07:08   Link #765
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
I'm late catching up but... what the heck with the first segment of ep 11... creepy as fuck.
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-26, 10:52   Link #766
B2-Lancer

Some of the things that made me laugh in the series...

Ika's total unsinkable Zod-like arrogence: "Kneel and kiss my feet!!" (would've Cindy done it even for science?). Kinda knocks down too much sympathy for her!

Chizuru's badly donned "No Mask Rider" disguise and that Eiko is obviously in on it!

Ika's beach thumpin' bouncin' punishment smackdowns. Love it when she eats sand with her cute little "eckkk!!"

That two main characters seem to be clones from Haruhi and Crazy Shrine Maidens.

I once had an ounce of pity seeing Ika being lonely on the beach watching the others in the house then playing with soy sauce bottles to replace the TV, but then the punk still wishes she could do everyone in. That's too "Bad Seed" schizoid cute for me!

Cindy's speculation about Ika's origins might just be a sneak-peek truth. Ika's kind would've been noticed long long ago unless her type's commonplace (the casualness everyone takes her truth makes you wonder!) every media and scientist in the planet ought be on her tail! If not, then maybe 1.) she's either a recent humanoid mutant all alone seeking more human-like friendship on land, or 2.) a hybrid agent from an undersea alien race like in The Abyss...

Could there be more to Ika's ESP drawings than it looks? Could Chizuru be a shapeshifting alien and Eiko her/its robot??
B2-Lancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-26, 13:06   Link #767
carcanclaw
Kitty?

To be fair, the stuff about Kozue Tanabe isn't a spoiler, since her identity has never been confirmed in the manga and the stuff concerning her hat, hair and name is nothing more than speculation. It just seems really likely.

Speaking of the manga, Volume 8 came out recently and is extremely cute.

Spoiler for Volume 8:
carcanclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-26, 17:47   Link #768
B2-Lancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by carcanclaw View Post
It sucks to think that these chapters might not get animated, since the manga isn't running out of steam at all!!
If the studio quits, I'd settle for good fan-made anime using the manga as a storyboard! With all the manga construction software out there, I'm pretty sure there's animation construction software in the works if it's not already in prototype. You could almost video cut-and-paste anime tracks right now and splice together a halfway decent "original" anime using new different dialogue as it is (just real tedious to do), so if real anime construction software comes out that enables you to automate studio-grade work using original series graphics and morphing-motion techiques and shit, long as the manga's cranked out we ought have some non-studio fan-anime rendering of it and put all those "[MAD]" artists to work on something really awesome. I'm all for breaking the anime studios' Full Nelson monopoly on manga and dojinshi on whose gets produced and how far and how messed with by editing. It would revolutionize Comiket as well so I'm looking towards fan-anime coming out. They couldn't be worst than Haruhi's "Endless 8"!
Old 2010-12-27, 02:07   Link #769
HandofFate

Quote:
Originally Posted by carcanclaw View Post
To be fair, the stuff about Kozue Tanabe isn't a spoiler, since her identity has never been confirmed in the manga and the stuff concerning her hat, hair and name is nothing more than speculation. It just seems really likely.

Speaking of the manga, Volume 8 came out recently and is extremely cute.

Spoiler for Volume 8:
Hopefully a 2nd season is considered later in the future.
I looked at a few manga chapters while watching this series.

And I say the anime improved on a lot of content that was in the manga, and made the segments and jokes flow better.
Old 2010-12-27, 08:12   Link #770
PzIVf3

Darker than Ikack
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERhpfoLWR0Q
PzIVf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-27, 11:12   Link #771
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

If sequels are determined by the number of mashups, this show would be a shoo-in.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-27, 18:15   Link #772
Stefkov

After watching the anime I had to read the manga. The anime definitely fleshed out some of the stories in the manga and made them a lot better, especially the ending with Ika losing movement in her tentacles.
I really hope that there's a second season. There ha been too many boring shows recently and I really, really loved this one.
Stefkov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-29, 08:19   Link #773
Siegel Clyne

Chizuru Seiyuu Tanaka Rie Makes Debut as Movie Actress in Serious Live Action Film

According to the 2010-12-28 22:05:51 entry on her blog, Tanaka Rie, Aizawa Chizuru's voice actress, will debut as a film actress in the upcoming 2011 Japanese theatrical movie release directed by Hanawa Yukinari, "Shiniyuku Tsuma Tono Tabiji." Based on a true, real life story, it stars veteran leading film actors Miura Tomokazu as Shimizu Hisanori and Ishida Yuriko as Hisanori's terminally ill, dying wife, Hitomi.

(Ishida Yuriko has also done some voice acting in anime, most notably as San in the 1997 Miyazaki Hayao theatrical animated feature, "Mononoke Hime" {"Princess Mononoke"}).

Tanaka Rie plays a married woman and mother, a relative of Shimizu Hisanori. I do not yet know the name of Tanaka's character in the movie.

Her character description reminds me and at least one her fans in Japan of Tanaka Rie's character Fujishima Sakiko in her debut as a stage actress in the 2005 theatrical play, "Kotobuki!" - available on DVD from CD Japan and Amazon Japan - a 26-year-old housewife, mother of two children, and best friend of the main character.

Tanaka Rie's second theatrical play, "Saboten to Buntline," took place in October/November 2009.

Apparently, Tanaka Rie will act in another theatrical play, her third one, sometime in 2011.

Her stage and film acting career probably means we will hear less of Tanaka Rie voice acting in anime. When she was rehearsing for and acting on stage - her previous two plays, if memory serves me correctly, ran for 10 or so straight days, more than two hours a show, two shows a day - Tanaka's anime voice acting roles and activity very noticeably dropped ... and did not rebound quickly after each play had ended.

Dubbing episodes of television anime series in Japan, if I recall correctly, usually takes place weekly - which obviously clashes with the stage acting schedules of the plays listed above - not to mention all the rehearsal time for the plays.

In addition, Tanaka Rie auditioning time for film and stage acting roles likely cuts into her auditioning time for anime voice acting roles.

But if there is a second season of Shinryaku! Ika Musume, expect Tanaka Rie to be back voicing Chizuru.

Last edited by Siegel Clyne; 2010-12-29 at 10:49.
Siegel Clyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-29, 10:29   Link #774
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Send a message via Skype™ to ronelm2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblitz View Post
Spoiler for megami scan:
oh daaamn. *death by moe* *revives* *looks again and death by moe* *is revived*
ronelm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-29, 13:47   Link #775
B2-Lancer

Nice movie rundown heads-up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siegel Clyne View Post
But if there is a second season of Shinryaku! Ika Musume, expect Tanaka Rie to be back voicing Chizuru.
If not, a stand-in Natsuko Kuwatani would be even more original than who'd she be replacing!
Old 2010-12-29, 15:40   Link #776
Zeroryoko1974

Send a message via AIM to Zeroryoko1974 Send a message via Yahoo to Zeroryoko1974
A certain scientfific squid girl
Old 2010-12-29, 15:58   Link #777
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroryoko1974 View Post
A certain scientfific squid girl
It's still excellent the third time I watched it...really, I have no idea that there are that many 'lightningy' effect in Ika Musume. The music really fits, too. My only complaint is that there's too much Sanae, but I suppose she's a a stand-in for Kuroko. Still, there's not even one shot of Gorou or that glasses friend of Ika Musume.
Old 2010-12-29, 20:49   Link #778
Midonin
Last Engage

Oh wow. I am impressed, genuinely impressed, by the generous number of character songs on what's billed as a Drama CD. The character song enthusiast in me has been satisfied. In order:

"Ebi wa Naimda ka Tameiki ka" (海老は泪か溜息か) - Chizuru
"Fure!! Kiss me" (触 !! Kiss me) - Sanae's song of stalking
"Nagisa wa Surfing! Go! Go! Go!" (渚はサーフィン Go!Go!Go!) - Nagisa, obviously
"Mo-ji Mo-ji Beating☆Heart" (も・じ・も・じ Beating☆Heart) - Ayumi, aka The Fake Ika
"Minna ga Lemon wo Erabu Wake" (みんながれもんを選ぶワケ) - Ika Musume and Her Happy Friends (yes, that's who it's billed as [the Happy Friends are Ika, Eiko, Nagisa, Sanae and Cindy])
"Sazanami no Mukougawa he" (漣の向こう側へ) - Fake Ika and the Sultry People (that is also how it's billed [the Sultry People are the manager of South Wind and Goro])
"Shinryaku Seifuku Rhapsody" (シンリャクセイフク・ラプソディ) - Ika Musume and Foolish Mankind (for a third time, that is how it's billed [I have no idea who the stupid humans are. For all I know, it might be me.])

Last edited by Midonin; 2010-12-29 at 23:47.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-30, 01:05   Link #779
B2-Lancer

Thanks for that character song rundown!

Quote:
"Ebi wa Naimda ka Tameiki ka" (海老は泪か溜息か) - Chizuru
I'd love to hear (a translation of) this song!

Quote:
"Shinryaku Seifuku Rhapsody" (シンリャクセイフク・ラプソディ) - Ika Musume and Foolish Mankind
You know, with all the B.S. and bad mouthing she gives us and mostly saying a good human is a dead human (cemetery ep), I wonder how Ika would go down on a slow grill brushed with lemon and tartar sauce!
Old 2010-12-30, 09:11   Link #780
Kagayaki

oh lord.

Tags
comedy, shounen, slice of life