AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2010-09-06, 02:32   Link #21
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I'm surprised I'm not finding any sub groups yet listed to do this show. As Aria's director you'd think there would be more hype with the show, and I'm probably one of only 3 people I know who loved Princess Tutu.
MeoTwister5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-06, 02:59   Link #22
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
and I'm probably one of only 3 people I know who loved Princess Tutu.
I loved it as well.

I'm sure subs will appear for this in due time.
Old 2010-09-06, 10:53   Link #23
FireChick

Waaaah...my friend wrote a bad review about Tamayura...T____T

http://psgels.blogsome.com/2010/09/0...yura/#comments

And the episodes are seriously gonna be 15 minutes long!? I was kinda expecting it to be longer. But...NO! No! I WILL watch this! I don't care what others think! I will watch it no matter what!
FireChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-06, 12:46   Link #24
CWW
Lurker

How many episodes are planned?
CWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-06, 13:02   Link #25
FireChick

According to various sites I browsed, there's gonna be around 4 eps or something.
Old 2010-09-06, 14:59   Link #26
FireChick

Quote:
just watched the first episode and it was truly great. some strong ARIA vibes, very fuzzy and warm. had a big smile on my face from beginning to end.

Maon is

will rewatch it a couple of times tomorrow. will post more comments later. going to sleep now~
I will take your word for it, but try convincing the blogger for the Star Crossed Anime Blog that. (forgive me for double-posting)
Old 2010-09-06, 15:28   Link #27
Kaoru Chujo
Komatsu Mikako

I come down somewhere between the positive reactions and Star Crossed.
Spoiler for ep1:
Komatsu Mikako 小松未可子 b88.11.11 (age 26). 2010: Heroman (Joey). 2011: Yu-Gi-Oh Zexal (Mizuki Kotori). 2012: Bodacious Space Pirates (Kato Marika), K (Neko). 2013: Sunday Without God (Ulla Hecmatika), Nagi no Asukara (Miuna). 2014: Soul Eater Not (Eternal Feather), Aldnoah Zero (Inko), Ao Haru Ride (Shuuko), Nisekoi (Seishirou). 2015: Junketsu no Maria (Priapos), Gangsta (Ginger), Aoharu x Kikanjuu (Hotaru), Ushio to Tora (Asako), Danchigai (Yayoi).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | summer 2015 anime previews - schedule
character/seiyuu pages: Hibike! Euphonium | Akagami no Shirayukihime | Aoharu x Kikanjuu | Charlotte | Dandelion | Gangsta | Gatchaman | GATE | Im@s Cinderella | Jitsu wa Watashi wa... | Non Non Biyori | Overlord | Rokka no Yuusha | Simoneta | Sore ga Seiyuu | Working!!!
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-06, 20:01   Link #28
E_I
Yuri fan

I'm really liking it. Fu is downright adorable and Kao is wacky as hell.

Spoiler for Episode 1:
E_I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-06, 21:46   Link #29
CrowKenobi
Est. MMV

Mamiko is out with a speedsub version and this gets moved to the current series forum.

CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-06, 22:32   Link #30
Tempester
Lazy J-Pop Culture Fan

So when does the BD come out?
- - - - -
Recently completed anime:
Tamayura ~more aggressive~
Tamako Love Story
Hibike! Euphonium
Plastic Memories
Punch Line
Houkago no Pleiades
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-07, 02:07   Link #31
Souka

I've just watched the first episode and liked it. I am usually not that keen on moe, but I couldn't resist the cuteness of Fu.
Spoiler:

A sweet and relaxing watch, waiting for more.
Souka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-07, 09:14   Link #32
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Hm... perhaps it's my fault for having... too high expectations even from the first episode?

The episode feels a bit too saccharine at some points but, probably owing to the 15 minute run it doesn't really overpower everything else. The cast comes across as a very normal and honest bunch who really act their age (for the most part), much like the Aria crew does, so while they don't do much for this episode there's nothing to dislike about them and all the potential to like them more than what we have so far.

And assuming I'm not alone in this, the seemingly "magic" of the camera and the Tamayura phenomenon gives off a very Windy Tales vibe for some reason. That's probably the biggest compliment I can give the episode thus far.
MeoTwister5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-07, 12:30   Link #33
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Fuwa fuwa~

Aaah, that was so short! It was over before I knew it. I enjoyed this episode a lot for its soothing atmosphere. The characters were very cute, too. Fuu's brother is quite the trap, up until now I was convinced he was a girl...

Hmm, I see some people are comparing this to K-on. Maybe I should think about watching it, then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
And assuming I'm not alone in this, the seemingly "magic" of the camera and the Tamayura phenomenon gives off a very Windy Tales vibe for some reason. That's probably the biggest compliment I can give the episode thus far.
Unfortunately, the first thing that popped up in my mind was Occult Gakuin, where Maya completely debunked this phenomenon. This kind of ruined this wonderful and profound mystery for me.
Old 2010-09-07, 14:30   Link #34
FireChick

Quote:
Aaah, that was so short! It was over before I knew it. I enjoyed this episode a lot for its soothing atmosphere. The characters were very cute, too. Fuu's brother is quite the trap, up until now I was convinced he was a girl...

Hmm, I see some people are comparing this to K-on. Maybe I should think about watching it, then.
Wait...WHAT?!? Kou is Fuu's BROTHER?!? I thought that was a little girl!...and a very cute one at that!!!
Old 2010-09-07, 14:39   Link #35
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Well that was such a Satou Junichi treat. There's quite a few similarities to Aria, especially when it comes to camera shots and the amount of detail to background, and the little things (especially the food eating scene). I enjoyed the hell out of it just for that reason, though the cast also makes for a very fun experience. Sure there's a lot of moe there, though it's nice and not forced like you get in a lot of shows.

Plus the whole business of the Tamayura is so something that would be fit into Aria.

I can see why people would compare this to K-ON, though personally i wouldn't do such a thing.
Old 2010-09-07, 16:38   Link #36
FireChick

I agree! But I never thought it was like K-On at all! I saw the first episode after I got home from school and it simply relaxed the heck outta me. It was just plain sweet and adorable! I already love Fu-chan and Maon-chan (I know she talks. I heard her myself!)! I seriously can't see anything wrong with it! Sure the length of the episode is a little short and there wasn't much development, but I loved it! Waaah...why did my friend give it a bad review!? But I don't care! It charmed me and I'm gonna watch the next one when it comes out! The only thing that really ticked me off was...

Spoiler:

Plus the music was just perfect for this series. I think I found my all-time favorite Nakajima Megumi song! And Sakamoto Maaya one!
Old 2010-09-07, 20:11   Link #37
Qikz

Pretty fun watch, nice and relaxing. ^_^
Qikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-07, 22:12   Link #38
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

well its a good story its a shame that it runs only 16mins for the first ep.
Old 2010-09-08, 00:36   Link #39
wingman32x

Well, I decided to check this out after finding out that the director also did Aria, one of the best slice of life anime IMO.

For this one, I liked it. Fu's "mysteries of photography" speech sounded like something right out of Akari's book. They're both pretty similar. Kaoru seems like a good best friend type of character. I saw many similarities between this and Aria. Overall a good enough start to warrant sticking around for another episode.
wingman32x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-08, 03:37   Link #40
DRAGUN H.E.X.
its Madoka Titus time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to DRAGUN H.E.X.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Souka View Post
I've just watched the first episode and liked it. I am usually not that keen on moe, but I couldn't resist the cuteness of Fu.
Spoiler:

A sweet and relaxing watch, waiting for more.
this thread needs more Fu

btw overall a relaxing episode, Fu's brother becoming the next Hideyoshi?
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
DRAGUN H.E.X. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
junichi, satou, slice of life, tamayura